• Please log in to reply
845 replies to this topic

#751 mjudit

mjudit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

I guess you have covered all of these symptoms but I am writing them down for confirmation :)

side effects - negative:

- weight gain - always been skinny, only dreaming of putting on just a bit

- extreme tiredness, sleepiness -- in some cases I could not even stand on my feet, and get out of bed!

- more than 10 hours of sleep per day - about 12-14 hours in general, 2-4 hours afternoon naps

- laziness, do not feel like doing anything, no motivation

- mood swings

- thinking too much, swinging thoughts

- insomnia

- I heard my thoughts, they were like shouting in my head

- could not find my real self, questioning my id, who is the real me?

- to many philosophical thoughts, they were driving me crazy

- energy level/motivation swings similar to bipolar depression

- stomach pain

- numb, indifferent feelings

side effects - positive:

- less anxiety

- less stressful

- no more suicidal thoughts

- sometimes felt satisfied

- became more patient

- more sociable

- laughed more

withdrawal:

- dizziness

- digestion problem

- gastric acid

- diarrhea

- nausea

- headache

- eye ache

- getting cold twice within one month

- slower recovery from cold ( the second cold lasted two weeks)

- low blood sugar level (?)

- changes in appetite

- anxiety

- nightmares

- suicidal thoughts

- bad memories from the past come back more often

- live through past traumas again

- raising thoughts

- voices in my head

- I can hear my thoughts

- irritability

- hostility

- sensitivity

- crying a lot

- brain zaps

- tiredness

- no motivation

- memory loss, short term memory problems

- concentration problems

- itchy skin

- no self-esteem

- not being communicative

- vision blurriness

- hard to formulate sentences

- being critical

- sadness- I wish I could laugh again!!!

#752 LisaMichele

LisaMichele

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Hi god like
My pain is from fibromyalgia.
L.

#753 siggyd17

siggyd17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

Ugh..I have been so sick the past couple of mornings. I'm going to throw allergies under the bus because..well it is allergy season. lol! But I've been getting sick (vomiting) after going almost 2 weeks now without the cymbalta, and last week was good, no sickness or anything. :( I hate the up and downs. 

#754 siggyd17

siggyd17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

Today, it's more pain in my shoulder, neck, and back. Oh, my tremors are back as well. :( Just gotta keep going. I know this can and will be conquered! I cannot wait to see my doctor December 1! I hope she has some solutions as well. This really sucks.

#755 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Hey Sig, have you tried the cold meds like Sudafed PE or Mucinex D? They have helped a lot of members with their withdrawal. Be sure they are compatible with any other meds you are taking.

#756 bluejay785

bluejay785

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

I'm sure all of these have been posted, but I just wanted to post mine as well.  I was switched to cymbalta from zoloft because my doctor thought it would help my fatigue.  It just made me feel sick all the time.  When I couldn't take it anymore I tried to contact my doctor to get tapered off, after a week of unreturned phone calls and emails I stopped taking it cold turkey.  I thought I could handle it, boy was I wrong.  Day three of no cymbalta and I basically feel like I'm walking around drunk and on the verge of throwing up.

- dizziness

- gassy 

- diarrhea

- nausea

- headache

- eyes itchy (maybe allergies but started at the same time)

- excessive sweating (I'm covered in sweat doing nothing and can't wear a coat outside even though it's in the 30's)

- anxiety

- nightmares/extremely vivid dreams (like waking up not knowing if I'm remembering something that happened the night before or a dream)

- irritability

- sensitivity

- random bursts of crying

- tiredness

- concentration problems

- not being communicative

- vision blurriness

#757 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

GET BACK ON THE CYMBALTA. The FDA has a warning against stopping Cymbalta cold turkey. It can cause not only the symptoms you have but seizures, suicidal thoughts and much more. Once back on and stable we can teach you to bead count and reduce in a slower more controlled manner.

#758 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

Hi Bluejay,

Fishinghat is right, get back on Cymbalta now. All of your symptoms will be brought to a halt rapidly.

If you were on 60mg, you might try to go down to 30mg. Many have done this with no side effects. Cold turkey is asking for a trip to hell, but many have done it just the same and not one of them would recommend this. Keep us posted, always here for you!

#759 siggyd17

siggyd17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

It almost feels like a possible heart attack, in my opinion. I mean, the hot/cold sweats, nausea, I even had vomiting, headache/migraine, mood swings for me were huge and still are...it's apparent these affects could last a while. I really will go ahead and compare this sickness/withdrawal to an opioid withdrawal. It felt the exact same way when I had hydrocodone, or whatever that stuff is they give you at the dentist's office after you get a tooth pulled. I remember being so sick, like dope sick. For two weeks, I was vomiting, hot/cold sweats, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't use the bathroom. I was irritable, moody, and all I wanted was more of my pain medication. This is what scares me. I know my body wants the cymbalta, even after a month and a half of being off of it. I was only on it for a couple of months, but that's all it took. I really hope the nerve pain in my left side goes away soon. :( 

#760 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Off 5 weeks, so I would say in about 2 to 4 weeks you should start seeing little breaks in the symptoms. Just small times a first and then they will come and go. Staying a little longer each time and the bad ones will be a little shorter each time. When you do get those breaks in symptoms do NOT overdo it as you will have a relapse. Time and patience.

#761 siggyd17

siggyd17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

I found that out the hard way. :( I am now having some issues with my left side going weak, but I know that's from the accident. I didn't bend my left arm, just straightened it and didn't let it bend when I had my accident. My door wasn't broken or anything, but I remember not being able to open the door. I also have reoccurring memories of when it happened. Still. 

#762 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

Hello Sig,

When did the accident occur? Would you say that you suffer from PTSD? Just curious here.
How are you feeling at this point? Thanks!

#763 KateD

KateD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Despair. I can't sleep, I cry spontaneously. I've been off for about a month. When will this get better? I'm on Prozac to try to stem the tide but it's not really doing the job.

#764 disneygeek87

disneygeek87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

I'm on day 11 of quitting cold turkey after going from 60, to 3o, then to 20.

Right now I keep having obsessive thoughts, uncontrollable crying, terrible headaches and frequent diarrhea. I have that feeling of things not being real, which is bizarre. Also, I have crazy chills throughout the day where I can't get warm, even under a bunch of heavy blankets and a robe.

Please someone tell me this gets better soon. I don't want to go back on the drug, but this is miserable.

#765 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

Hi Kate D

Prozac usually helps but not always. How long you been on the Prozac? Are you aware it takes 4 to 8 weeks to fully kick in?

Welcome DG87

The manufacturer and FDA warns against cold turkey from Cymbalta. It an cause seizures, suicidal thoughts, and much more. I would recommend getting back on the 20 mg, stabilize and then wean slowly. These symptoms usually last 4 to 8 weeks before you start to see breaks and 8 to 12 months to begin to feel half way normal. Having said that some only experience 4 to 8 weeks and they are better and some as long as 1 or 2 years. Something you might consider is talking to your dr about a prescription for clonidine and/or hydroxyzine to help with the withdrawal symptoms. Also you might read the thread called "and the answer to your question is..." in the Medical Support section. It is a sort of summary of what members have tried and their successes and failures.

Keep us informed on how you are both doing. We are here for you when you need us.

God Bless

#766 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

Welcome Kate to the forum,

May I ask if you cold turkeyed Cymbalta? Your dosage? When did you start Prozac? Dosage?

These questions are important for us to help you. Thank you!

#767 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

Welcome DG87,

I'm with Fishinghat here, do yourself a favor by reinstating at 20mg or 30mg. This will take effect real fast, within a day.

Wait till you are stable before bead counting. Post anytime, we are here for you.

#768 disneygeek87

disneygeek87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

Hi all,

I went back on my 20 mg as recommended. Can someone help me through the bead counting process? I'm not sure how many or how often to take out.

#769 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

Be glad to help DG. The first step would be to carefully open one of the capsules and count the tiny beads inside. Once you know how many beads there are let us know and we will calculate from there and set you up with a procedure.

#770 Thomthepainter

Thomthepainter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

I am brand new to this forum, just signed up today. I found it after "searching" withdrawal symptoms from Cymbalta. I stopped Cybalta abruptly 5 days ago and switched to Welbutrin because of the lessened sexual side effects, ie: erectile dysfunction. However I wasn't informed by my Dr. about any withdrawal effects. 

Well I've got them! Vertigo, dizziness, nausea, head-ache, "brain zaps", increased depression, suicidal thoughts and uncontrollable crying! I find myself crying for hours for no apparent reason!! The brain zaps and crying seem to be the most problematic symptoms. I called my pharmacist who recommended that I go to the ER. But I haven't gone to that extreme, YET!

Thanks for any feed back that might be helpful!

#771 PlaneJane0

PlaneJane0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Hi there I just joined today and have looked at this page for the last few weeks,

I got pretty bad anxiety and panic attacks after being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I was first put on Lexapro for about 3 months which made things worse, then my doctor switched me to cymblta which I took 60mg for about 6 months which is a total of about 9 months all together on antidepressants. Recently back in late January i decided to taper off because i hated being on it and felt like overall i was doing better. unfortunate I didn't taper long enough only about 3 and 1/2 weeks. I have been off of it completely now for about a month and the first 2-3 weeks were crazy everything I've read in other peoples forums; brain zaps, anxiety, low mood, dizziness, lightheaded, times of feeling very weak, not wanting to go out anywhere. the symptoms have been like a roller coaster going in and out. But they seem to get less severe over a each week or so. for the most part loose stool has been happening with lots of gas even tho I eat pretty healthy. 

Just wondering how much longer will it last?

Does it get better over time with mood swings and irritability?

Thank you glad this website is available :)  

#772 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

Welcome PlainJane0!

I can understand what you are going through as I have been there.  I have been off the poison drug C for over 4 yrs now and really

had a year of Hell.  

I didn't find this forum until it was too late to go back on and I (not knowing any better) did the cold turkey thing - WOW :o

I had been on 60mg for about 4 yrs.  I'm sorry I can't help out with the meds, but our Mr. Fishinghat who is very knowledgable  in that area, will be along soon.

Some of us have hung around here trying to help the "newbies".  Just be good to yourself and remember that there is always someone here for you!  

#773 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:50 AM

TFL is right. It is a matter of patience and time.

You might look over the thread "and the answer to your question is..." in the Medical Support section. Is is an accumulation of information on the things that members have tried for various symptoms.

#774 Jgo

Jgo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:07 AM

Side effects:

30mg
Anxiety
Empty stomach feeling after taking in am
Worse skin picking

60mg

Same as 30
Severe pressure behind eyes along with headache

Withdrawal:

Vertigo; floor moves, floor tilts, feet bounce, floor bounces, very off balance feeling

Dont know what to call this one; sudden split second feelings like im dropping. How you would feel if you were suddenly falling through the floor, through the sky, being thrown.. starts in chest and feels like heart stops like when something scares you. Only lasts a second. Comes and goes randomly, only during motion. Could be part of vertigo or anxiety i guess.

Increased anxiety

Inside of head feels like it does a twitch but only inside. Feels like my head moved really fast to the side in a very fast amount of time.

#775 KGGIRL

KGGIRL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

I have been on Cymbalta 60 mg for half a year for panic attacks, and for overactive bladder problem. I however noticed that my hair started falling out, I got more greay hair and sooo fast! and wrinkles... So I decided to come off the medication although it has been helping my bladder problem. I am now on 30 mg. So far, I noticed mood swings, and dizziness in the evenings... but this is only first week.

#776 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

Welcome KG girl.

Don't under estimate this withdrawal. It can be real tough. I am hoping you are one of the lucky ones who don't have many issues. Did you consider doing bead counting?

#777 Bearfan

Bearfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:38 PM

Hello, I'm new here aside from a couple introductory posts in another board about a withdrawal symptom of having songs stuck in my head. 

I was on cymbalta 30 mg, and trazodone 50 mg for sleep, for about 30 months from 2012-2015. I actually felt great during this time. Never had anxiety or depression or OCD during this period. Only thing was sleep paralysis which I later learned was probably from the trazodone. 

Anyways, I ended up in the ER one night after I had a severe rush of anxiety/adrenaline and massive head pressure (Came out of no where. I was just sitting at my desk). Paramedics came and said I needed to go to the ER because my pupils were dilated. I also started to see flashing lights when I closed my eyes. At the ER I was diagnosed with serotonin syndrome. I was taking cymbalta, trazodone, and a protein shake that had tryptophan in it. Though, I still wonder about this diagnosis, as have my doctors. I was ripped off cymbalta and trazodone cold turkey that night.

The rest of that year, 2015, I went through withdrawal and developed for the first time ever panic disorder, as well as bad anxiety, as well as numerous other physical problems due to medicines like beta blockers I was recommended to help ease my struggle.

I ended up getting back on 30mg of cymbalta in 2016, though it wasn't helping my anxiety that much after it leveled out. Went up to 60mg, and it took away most of my physical anxiety, but for the next 2 years I was on this I was depressed, irritable, always hot, and generally felt miserable. I also was on ativan for most of 2015 and all of 2016. I don't know if this is related or not, but even in the times I've felt best, I get this awful brain fatigue/overstimulation. I get it when using an electronic device, multitasking, or even just talking for a while to somebody. It's the weirdest thing and has prevented me from being able to work, and even do pleasurable activities, as whenever I seem to use my brain, even now as I'm typing this, I feel awful in my head. I also developed severe OCD starting in December of 2017 that has paralyzed me most of this year.

Decided to switch to zoloft this year, which I took ages 5-14, and 16-17, and only was switched to cymbalta due to my mom over-analyzing and being over involved in my health. I always felt great on zoloft. No anxiety or depression, though I did have a tic disorder at age 10, and a bout of minor OCD at age 12. Both resolved themselves. 

May 9th of this year I started weening down on cymbalta. I did a 10mg reduction each week, and started 25mg zoloft on May 31st. I went off cymbalta completely on June 14th and went up to 50mg zoloft on June 11th. The zoloft has not helped at all as of yet aside from eliminating brain zaps. Though I imagine this withdrawal, as bad as it is, would be much worse if I wasn't taking zoloft.

Side effects when on cymbalta:

Depression

Irritability

Feeling hot all the time

Withdrawal symptoms (started right when I reduced dose, are at their worst now):

Really vivid dreams and nightmares

Pain all over my body

Muscle tremors especially in my face and arms

Worsening depression

Suicidal thoughts/hopelessness

Increased irritability (put 2 holes in the wall)

Increased feeling of hotness (I've measured my temp at over 101 degrees on numerous nights)

Worsened return of OCD (obsessive thoughts/intrusive thoughts)

Songs repeatedly playing in my head

Sleep changes (Not able to fall asleep. When I do, can't wake up easily)

"Feeling different" aka not totally myself

Worsened brain fatigue/overstimulation

I would like to ask, it seems like this withdrawal has gotten worse over time with no help from zoloft. Has anyone else had withdrawal that worsened over time and then got better? I am also probably gonna go up to 100mg zoloft and I imagine that would take a month or two to work. 

Thanks for all your input. 

#778 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

"I would like to ask, it seems like this withdrawal has gotten worse over time with no help from zoloft. Has anyone else had withdrawal that worsened over time and then got better? I am also probably gonna go up to 100mg zoloft and I imagine that would take a month or two to work. "

I was in my 3rd month of post Cymbalta withdrawal going through terrible time when I just couldn't handle it anymore. I added Prozac which did nothing, Olanzapine nothing, Lexapro side effect and then Zoloft. Zoloft did a great job but it took 3 months and 150 mg to take full effect. It was a slow stead increase in dose of Zoloft during those three months and a slow steady improvement in symptoms. effect.

I hope this helps.

There have been many members who have used Zoloft to handle their withdrawal so you might do a search for the word "Zoloft' and read their stories.

Personally, I think as the Zoloft dose rises you will feel better. Keep us posted.

#779 Bearfan

Bearfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

Wow. Thanks so much. And thanks for the support. I will check in periodically. 

#780 Bearfan

Bearfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:13 PM

Just starting to notice brain zaps when I move my eyes from one side to another. Weird that I'm noticing this now 3 weeks off cymbalta, but whatever I guess. Can definitely tell my system is in a funk without it, with all the vivid dreams, heart pounding, GI upset, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users