845 replies to this topic

#91 Karen

Karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationVermont
  • why_joining:
    Have been on Cymbalta for the past nine years for incontience. Am very curious how my bladder will do without the drug. After so many years...is it still effective?

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:46 AM

Hi Pamela:
I am still on 4mg. Mood swings are my main symptom. I feel down, dark, hopeless, despair, and then hours later I feel normal. New symptoms keep on showing. I think I won´t do further decreases until the end of the year. I have christmas gatherings, I do not want to feel bad and rather stabilize before dropping further. How are you???

So sorry to hear about your mood swings Cookie:((( I am curious how many beads are in your 4mg. capsule?? I can proudly say as of yesterday I am an ex-cymbalta user! What a journey it has been for me since I started decreases my dosage on Sept.20th of this year! 90% wonderful with 10% interesting brain zaps. I do realize that as the following weeks go on...I may not be able to still have my 90/10 ratio....OR it may be 100% WONDERFUL! Santa is working on my wish:)

#92 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

Hi Pamela:
I am still on 4mg. Mood swings are my main symptom. I feel down, dark, hopeless, despair, and then hours later I feel normal. New symptoms keep on showing. I think I won´t do further decreases until the end of the year. I have christmas gatherings, I do not want to feel bad and rather stabilize before dropping further. How are you???

Cookie.....
I am sorry that you are feeling like that. It sounds like a good idea to keep on the same mg during the holidays. The holidays are hard enough without adding the extra symptoms to it.
I am still on the 20mg. I am scared to drop down further right now. I found a bottle of 180 20mg pills that I had thought I had thrown out in a one of my fogs. I can realistically stay on the meds for at least another year without further money out of my pocket but I don't want to have to do that.
My mood has been mostly down lately. I have had crying spells and an overall sad mood. I am not sure if it's the lowered dosage of Cymbalta or the holidays overall. My kids spend the holiday with their Dad so I am never a big fan of the season. Although I celebrate Hanukkah and he celebrates Xmas I always feel lonely during the season since they get to experience all the excitement with them. That's just my own stuff to deal with though. :(
I also have SADD so the weather and less hours of daylight don't help either. Geez........I am a ray of sunshine aren't I? :D

#93 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:25 AM

Dear Pamela:
You are lucky you have enough product.
It is important to stabilize before you do any further drops.
I also have had crying spells.
Yes, the environment is another factor to consider. Holidays bring happiness to some and sadness to others. For me it´s just a mix of both.
The weather has so much to do with mood. I love sunny days, winter and cloudy days make me sad

#94 Lady C

Lady C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    Why, I feel so gross weaning off Cymbalta

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

I hope this insanity will leave me.........I think I feel worse than before I was on CYMBALTA.......I want to rip my head off, I have NO, none, zero, patience.....Cry at rediculous stuff. Cry cuz my computer is slow, or frozen, cry cuz my car has a bad tire, cry cuz the wind blows the wrong way, lol........ :(
The reason I went on CYMBALTA is because my worst nightmare happened. :( I lost a son...I still cry for him. something you never get over,one of the loves of my life.....Imagine if I didn't have Jesus in my life..... :D

Thank God for this sight, I'm glad I have my peeps......I may have said that before, I forget things, foggy head....brain zap.... :blink:

#95 EskieMom

EskieMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    Having pretty bad withdrawal symptoms while tapering off Cymbalta, and like many on this site, my Dr. did not warn me or even seem to have a clue about withdrawal symptoms. So I am here for support and guidance to get off this drug successfully.

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

Positive Effects: Before listing my side effects and withdrawal symptoms, I have to say that I do feel I benefitted from taking Cymbalta. It definitely lifted my depression. My mood was much more even, and I felt relaxed and mellow most of the time (although I often wondered if it made me a little too mellow).

Side Effects:
Daytime sleepiness/fatigue
Was sick more frequently
Constipation (Dr confirmed)
Increased sweating (Dr confirmed)
Decreased sex drive (Dr confirmed)
Insomnia - only when my doctor put me on too high a dose. When I decreased the dose, this went away.

Withdrawal Symptoms:
I am not writing that my doctor confirmed any of my withdrawal symptoms because although she did say that most of the symptoms I described to her are common when discontinuing an antidepressant, she also said that people normally only have withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking the drug abruptly. She said she had never had a patient have as hard of a time coming off Cymbalta as I have. (Nice, huh?)

Flu-like symptoms
Hung-over feeling, hard to get out of bed in the morning
Headaches
Dizziness
Nausea
Diarrhea
Joint pain
Hot flashes
Sensitivity to light and noise
Mood Swings
More emotional
Memory problems
Concentration problems
Vivid dreams, nightmares

#96 Graham

Graham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    because of good reputation of cymbaltawithdrawal

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

I am a diabetic patient of type one and started exercise with phentermine supplement to lose my weight.
But i felt that it boosted my heart beat...
I am worried for this symptom.

#97 zombie

zombie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have become a zombie.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

This site is a wonderful resource. The only problem is people reading this thread - should also be reading all the threads about Weaning OFF Cymbalta BEFORE going on this nasty drug.

If you are considering taking Cymbalta for CHRONIC PAIN, pls read all the Weaning off posts from PAIN patients. Our issues are similar BUT different from those people taking Cymbalta for Depression.

With the recent FDA approval to prescribe Cymbalta for CHRONIC PAIN, there are going to be more and more PAIN patients considering this nasty drug as a CURE. Remember that there is a profit motivated drug company funding all those TV ads for Cymbalta.

Separately, I have written "Getting Off Cymbalta Prescribed For Chronic Pain" and it is in the Weaning Section. My recommendation is that PAIN patients try Relaxation/Mind/Body work with professional assistance BEFORE taking Cymbalta.

I encourage you to use the SEARCH FORUM function to search the whole site for information that will help guide you through and out of the PAIN maze.... and I encourage you to take Cymbalta ONLY as the very, very, very LAST resort.

Wishing someone had given me that advice... and that I had then followed it !!!

Peace.

#98 mamacat

mamacat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

[quote name='2blessed' timestamp='1216717564' post='3444']
Dear God in Heaven please let this person recieve this messsage. If you think cymbalta withdrawal is bad do not even think of Paxil. This is NOTHING compared with Paxil.At least there is this web site. I went through Paxil now i have to go through this!Paxil like CYmbala is physiclay addictive. I have shakes now but symptoms taking it are too great to continue. You get what you pay for 4 dollars cause no one will take it. Please research. Wellbutrin sucks many side effects. Least side effects are the SSRIs excluding Paxil.

#99 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

Mamacat:
Is there an antidepressant which doesn´t bring these horrible withdrawal symptoms?????? I took Prozac 10 years ago, and when I quit, I feel bad for just 4 days. The only withdrawal symptom is that I felt accelerated. What other options do we have? Has anyone tried 5HTP?

#100 DizE1

DizE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hello. Just found this site. Beginning to feel like I was alone with my symptoms. My doctor started me on Cymbalta for fibromyalgia. I started off with 30mg then he increased to 60mg. I took the 30mg for 2 mos. and the 60mg for 2 weeks but didn't like the side effects of excessive gas (belching and flatulence) so I weaned myself off by doing every other day for 2 weeks. No...I haven't discussed this with my doctor yet. The symptoms I'm having now by being off of Cymbalta are: headaches, eyes hurt, extreme dizziness when I turn my head or move my eyes, a feeling like someone punched me in the stomach, sweating (not usually a sweater) lack of energy, and now diahrrea. What ya' think? Any help out there? Thanks!

#101 Karenmcg

Karenmcg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

I am new here. Ive been trying to get off cybalta for the last week. I was on 60 mg now I am taking 30mg but I felt really horrible @ my blood pressure went up. So I y
Took 30 mg @ poured out a bit of another 30mg but that i am still feeling bad. I didn't know they made 20mg. But am going to try that. Also would another serotonin drug help. Would Xanax help. I wanted to try Cymbalta because thought it would help neck pain it didn't & made my depression worst. Went back on Wellbutrin & that helped the drpression. thanks for any imsight.

#102 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

I am new here. Ive been trying to get off cybalta for the last week. I was on 60 mg now I am taking 30mg but I felt really horrible @ my blood pressure went up. So I y
Took 30 mg @ poured out a bit of another 30mg but that i am still feeling bad. I didn't know they made 20mg. But am going to try that. Also would another serotonin drug help. Would Xanax help. I wanted to try Cymbalta because thought it would help neck pain it didn't & made my depression worst. Went back on Wellbutrin & that helped the drpression. thanks for any imsight.

If you still feel bad taking 30mg. You could updose and start tapering slowly from there. For example taking 50mg (a 30mg+20mg pills), then 40mg (two 20mg pills), then 30mg pill, then 20mg pill, then half of it: 10mg

#103 Imdone

Imdone

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

The withdrawal symptom I'm having trouble with is itchiness and rashes. I see "Deanna" (above) also got the itchiness. Apparently it's a less frequent side effect but there is no doubt in my mind that it is a side effect of withdrawal, as usually my skin does not itch or get rashes, but I got very itchy in both Cymbalta withdrawals I did.

My other major withdrawal symptom is fatigue and brain-fog.

#104 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

The withdrawal symptom I'm having trouble with is itchiness and rashes. I see "Deanna" (above) also got the itchiness. Apparently it's a less frequent side effect but there is no doubt in my mind that it is a side effect of withdrawal, as usually my skin does not itch or get rashes, but I got very itchy in both Cymbalta withdrawals I did.

My other major withdrawal symptom is fatigue and brain-fog.

I also have severe fatigue and brain fog.

#105 gottaspeak

gottaspeak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

Wow! I am devastated to hear the withdrawal symptoms all of you are experiencing. I'm dealing with severe pain from a pinched nerve in my neck, which has caused severe depression. I went to my Dr today, who prescribed Cymbalta. I took 1 20mg pill this afternoon with a cup of coffee and I felt relief within an hour. I know that sounds weird, because it's supposed to take longer, but that was my experience. I was so excited that I found something to relieve my pain, but after reading all of your posts, you have scared the you-know-what out of me. I will not be taking any more! How is it that this product is still on the market and is being prescribed by doctors?? I'm so glad I caught this before I got hooked. My thoughts and wishes are with all of you for relief from your withdrawals.

#106 suzie2000

suzie2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

I've been on Cymbalta for a year now for nerve pain. I was scared to take it because I had read about the withdrawl symptoms but my doctor assured me when the time was right he'd help me get through it. Its helped some but when I started it I got tremendous night sweats where I had to change my pj several times througout the night and sleep with a large towel to dry the sweat from my face and body. I also woke up to very intense leg pain which would cause me to wake up my kids while yeling in pain.

Lately I went on vacation and lost my pills on the plane. My doctor was very unpleasant about giving me a 9 day perscription and while I was arguing with him I found myself throwing up and crying until 24 hours after he finally called the pills in. Now I seem to be starting at ground zero again last night I woke up several times crying out in pain due to sever leg cramps and I was once again drenched in sweat. When I woke uo my feet had swelled llike clown feet. I called my doc and he said (well actually the receptionist said since he's never available) that it was not a side effect (?) and I should rush to the emergency room to see if I had a blood clot (in both legs at the same time hmmm...not likely). How come these doctors seem to know nothing about the side effects of the pills they perscribe? Do they just give pateints drugs where the rep gives them the best lunches or note pads. I think this is outrageous it shows how little these money mongers or nurologists care about their patents lives pain and the stress it inflicts on families to deal with such terrible side effects.

#107 subpoenacolada

subpoenacolada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

Yes, absolutely. I saw pretty blue and purple fractal-like patterns that were moving.

I have experienced a sense of what I see in front of me changing shape, like once my desk seemed larger and more triangular in shape as if it were stretching, and Im sure of an auditory hallucination as well.

#108 Whatsthisgarbage

Whatsthisgarbage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

I am having the brain zaps and the rage and uncontrolled mood swings. Headaches are common and so is blurry vision sometimes. I told my doctor I was having these symtoms and he said to just keep taking it and it would go away and get better. He even said that he would prescribe Xanax to me to combat the rage and suicidal thoughts. I want to blow my head off to get rid of these brain zaps as some people have called them here. I swing from suicidal to aggressive and have no sex drive whatsoever.

I know why they take certain medication off the market is because the doctors don't prescribe it properly. I used to take Darvocet for pain and too many old people died because it messed with their heart medications so the FDA took it off the market. I really liked taking it since I am allergic to codiene and Morphine and get nasty nausea taking any derivative of those. Darvocet worked for me but not anymore. They need to either take Cymbalta off the market or at least inform the doctors about the side effects that are serious. I got the full warnings with my trial samples that started me on the drug. I read the whole thing and the short version that came with the pills. I had the following 5 symptoms that were listed as serrious and to contact a physician immediately and discontinue use of the drug. Anger, Suicidal thoughts, Uncontrollable Rage, Severe mood swings and Atypical personality and behavior. And the doc told me to keep taking it. I'm wore out and sick of being like this. it's driving me nuts. Help someone please help me get through this.!!!!!

#109 Imdone

Imdone

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

We would like to help you get through this. Can you tell us more details. It is not clear from what you wrote, what is going on. Is your dr. telling you to stay on Cymbalta because he/she thinks the drug will evenually "work" and the symptoms will go away? You do not have to stay on the drug because your dr. thinks you should "stick it out." If the drug makes you feel bad, don't take it. But the problem with Cymbalta is that it is not good to go off it cold-turkey. So how much Cymbalta are you on and for how long? If it is a lose dose, maybe you can just go cold turkey. But the withdrawal symptoms include the brain zaps. Myself, I have been on 90 mg for years and years and am now coming off very slowly (1 mg less /day) so as to avoid Cymbalta's well known withdrawal symptoms. By going off it slowly the only symptom I have is occasional fatigue.

Will you be ok without a med, or do you need something for depression? If your dr. won't work with you on this, see a different dr.

Write and tell us more.

#110 ExCymbaltaUser

ExCymbaltaUser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

Side Effects:
Weight gain
Blunted affect
Libido eradication

Withdrawal Symtpoms:
Agitation
**Brain spins/whooshing (hard to drive like this)
Concentration problems
Crying (LOTS of crying)
Depression worsened
Dizziness
**Headaches - brain itself actually feels sore as well
Heart palpitations
Hot flashes / breaking out in severe sweats
Irritability
Joint pain
Lethargy
Memory problems
Mood Swings
Nausea
**Rage
Suicidal ideation
Vertigo / balance issues (walking into walls, etc.)
Vision problems (blurred vision)
Withdrew from friends and family

**overall worst withdrawal symptoms, although the SI is in a ballpark all by itself.

cymbalta DID help me in that it blunted all emotion good and bad. it is good to feel again, but i feel worse now than before i started taking it.

#111 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

I´ve had most of the symptoms you mention. What bothers me the most are Mood Swings, and the crying for no reason

#112 Fastcarwindowsdown

Fastcarwindowsdown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

Never thought I'd post on one of these sites because I think its dangerous for people with depression to "treat" themselves. But the symptoms Im reading here have kept me from visiting the ER tonight for sure so thanks. I went on Cymbalta under the care of a fabulous psychiatrist/therapist after unabating depression following the death of my stepson and subsequent divorce. Started at 30mg for a few weeks and increased to 'therapeutic dosage' of 60mg. I had had carpel tunnel and ulnar nerve surgeries so even after my depression abated through a combination of time, cymbalta Im sure in part, a lot a lot of therapeutic work and developing a support system, my foc and I decided to stay with the 60mg Cymbalta as it did seem to help the neuropathy and really if youre on an anti-depressant and are no longer depressed how can you be sure it isnt actually that the med works? So 4 years, 60mg a day down the road and welcome to America. Id lost my insurance after the divorce but because The COBRA was court ordered and he let it lapse, he had to pay what the insurance would have paid until I was on an employer sponsored plan. Ive worked my tail off to get a job (id been a homemaker for sometime) and then worked harder to get in a position with insurance. Finally get imsurance which turns out to be my downfall. Ironic. Its a high deductible plan which is just a sham but at least says theyll give me their rate if $168 a month for Cymbalta-but I need pre-approval to get that price. My doc is sadly closing her practice but sent the preapproval form and helped set me up with a really nice dr closer to where Im living. New doctor also sent preapproval form. She even offered to work with me on her rate learning that without the ins approval Im paying over $249 a month. It is a good thing I suppose that I gained so much weight on Cymbalta because I have literally been put in the position of food or meds. I feel like Ive done the mental health care thing correctly. I do whats recommended I consistently see my doctor I dont try to diagnose or treat myself. I have called the insurance and pharmacy daily to try to get the authorization in. Thought I could swing the cost of Cymbalta one more month and hope to get the approval next month. But alas I got my electric bill. I live in Texas and its summer-an unbelievably hot summer. So I ran out of options. I cant borrow that kind of money from anyone and I cant leave my child without electricity. The pharmacy will give me a one day 'loaner' pill. What like my freaking car is in the shop? Like Eli Lilly is going to show compassion to a just above minimum wage insured person and even if they did- are they going to do it with immediacy? So Im a cold turkey. I figured I could surely manage til payday. That was last Thursday. OMGosh.
Obviously insomnia is now an issue. Hot flashes and night sweats more intense than after my hysterectomy! Im assuming that the 'brain zaps' you all are referring to is the sensation and sound like you stuck your head out of a car window on the highway at 80mph and listened to the whoosh of wind and passing utility poles? Like youve just gotten off of the TopThrill Dragster roller coaster at Cedar Point perhaps? God in heaven how freaking unethical is it to let anyone but the independently wealthy go on a drug that has such hideous withdrawl if you can no longer afford it? So yeah- brain 'zaps' are scary sh$t so Im glad to know Im not imagining this. I itch like I have invisible chicken pox. Every little bit, Ill feel every nerve ending in my body tingle. And today I called in sick to work. I couldnt stop crying and then I actually sent a Facebook message to my supervisor asking if she wanted to get together for ice tea after she got off of work (which we sometimes do) but really???? Call in sick and then say hey when youre done working lets get together??? I did that in real life today. So since Im in general an overly responsible person Im going to say Im not thinking very clearly. My lips are tingling like crazy. I thought okay Ill go to the ER tonight and beg for a sample - like Im a junkie! Thats what I feel Ive been reduced to here. But I read these posts and Im just done with this. We live in a country with a health care system that is so screwed up even the people trying to follow the rules and just live a healthy life cant access medication necessary to keep their brains from honest to God shaking! I cant believe that Ive been on a medication Ive trusted for 4 years and had no idea that when I had to go off of it Id actually be forced to feel like my brain was moving around inside of my head. Oh and my ears feel like Im in a depressurized airplane cabin. I can feel my teeth not like with my tongue but more like my teeth actually feel things. Super bizarro. Im not stepping off like a wise person would now because selfishly I choose electricity. I guess Im going to drink water and take vitamins and run or bike or somehow sweat this crap out of my system. I cant imagine ever taking another pill much less opening capsules? I wish you all the best. I suppose I will try to experience this like the acid I never took in high school? If anyone would like to tell BlueCrossBlueShield to kiss my tingling as$ please feel free.

#113 Fastcarwindowsdown

Fastcarwindowsdown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:06 AM

Someone mentionned libido. What's that??? I've been on Cymbalta for 4 years - libido is just a word in a dictionary at this point. I'd "lol" here but thats one of the flat affects - I mean side effects - of this med - being numb.

Funny I probably would have stayed on this drug forever even though it made me fat, flat and sexless.

I hated being depressed and I don't think I could have gotten out of it on my own. Lilly and their friends at BCBS priced out one helluva good customer. C'est la vie. Maybe I learned enough in therapy that I'll actually enjoy feeling again. Im kind of looking forward to it - as soon as my brain stops trying to shake itself free if my skull that is.

#114 Southernbelle

Southernbelle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDixie!
  • why_joining:
    I just went off Cymbalta pretty much cold-turkey (hey, I never said I was a genius lol!) and a good friend on another website recommended this site!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

I went off my usual 60 mg/day Cymbalta (which I've been on for a couple of years I guess) because I was having unbearable hot flashes. I mean, yes, this is the South, and I know it's been a horrible scorching summer, but it was so bad I could hardly breathe without breaking into floods of sweat---NOT NICE!!! :angry: It was so bad I am ashamed to admit I was avoiding BATHING because of it--it would take me sooo long to cool off, I would literally have to keep a towel on hand to dry myself off--and I don't mean just after the bath either!! I have air conditioning and ceiling fans--they might as well have been non-existent for all the good they did. Well, maybe not--without them I probably would have had a heat stroke!!! <_<

And I thought menopause was bad---HA!!

So I told my family doc (who prescribes all my psych meds with my pdoc's blessing) about that--she said that unfortunately Cymbalta can cause hot flashes, and the only thing you can do is "live with it". (She didn't say it in a mean way, she's a very kind and caring person and a great doctor, but I neglected to tell her no way was I going to "live with it!")

So--being a congenital moron--I took myself off Cymbalta. I had already been "forgetting" to take it some nights, so I thought, "Why not just stop taking it altogether? No more 'hot flashes'--what bliss, I'd prefer depression any day!"

Like I said--a congenital moron. :rolleyes:

Since going off the Cymbalta, I've had weird numbness (thought I had had a mild stroke!), extreme irritability and anger, even worse nightmares than usual (the other night the Devil himself was trying to drag me out of the house!!! ), and aches and pains that are now threatening to turn me into a Tylenol junkie! (I do have enough sense left to be careful how much Tylenol I take tho--too much can destroy your liver. Yeah...as in kill you.)

How much of this is due to Cymbalta withdrawal and how much is just my assorted personality issues is anyone's guess! But I strongly suspect that the numbness, the pain and the over-the-top irritability/just plain MEANNESS is due to the Cymbalta withdrawal.

*sigh*

Fastcarwindowsdown (love your username!)--I am so sorry about all you've gone thru/are going thru, but when I read your line about "If anyone would like to tell BCBS to kiss my tingling as$ please feel free"--well, that did it. I laughed til I cried! Please don't think I don't sympathize, I agree with everything you said, but I do love the way you express yourself and I desperately needed that laugh, so THANK YOU!!!! :lol:

#115 ASA

ASA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

-----

#116 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:15 PM

Increased depression
Nausea (mild to moderate)
Gas / Intestinal Discomfort
Elevated Body Pain (I have had Fibromyalgia/Chronic pain for over a decade)
Teeth Sensitivity

I am having reflux and gas everytime I eat. It is very uncomfortable.

#117 chami

chami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Side Effects:
Depression worsened (that is kind of an understatement)
Lethargy
Trouble sleeping
Hot flashes
Apathy
Sweating at night
Weight gain
Suicidal ideation---SEVERE
Memory problems
Concentration problems
I became a non-functional humanoid that was apathetic and cried a lot, saw no reason for living, and even when I was having a good day, the suicidal thoughts (writing "the letter", methods, visualizing a gun blowing my brains out, fantasies about suicide, etc) kept rolling through my head, which was sort of odd...and that was what made me wonder if it was the medication and NOT all my fault. :-/
Severe neck and shoulder pain/migraines

Withdrawal Symptoms:
Nausea
Diarrhea- also black, then dark green, then green, and now clay colored, stools. sorry TMI!
Brain “zaps”
Dizziness
Runny nose
bitchiness, feel much more assertive
Crying (nothing compared to what I was like ON the meds! I feel so much better, emotionally)
Suicidal ideation (as above- dramatic decrease)
Memory problems
Concentration problems
Some weird dreams, but I have always had vivid dreams
lack of appetite (which is ok since I had gained a lot of weight while on the med)
Palpitations and arrhythmia, to such an extent that I went to the ER
I cannot seem to win a game of chess anymore and I used to be good...so I assume my other mental faculties are similarly impaired? Nice.... :-/
Very tired, sleepy, fatigued...general low energy.
My driving is sort of erratic.
---------------------------------------------

I was on 60 mg since.....would have to look at medical records. I feel like I have lost over 6 months of my life, and I am not sure if it is due to the breakdown, or the medication. I don't even remember most of that time. It has been at least 6 months and I was not getting better, and everyone blamed me. After missing a dose one night, I woke up feeling better than I had in months. Things were pretty again, they were clear and crisp. My mind worked. That day, my doctor, therapist and counselor all told me that they didn't know what else to do because I wasn't getting better...so I took matters into my own hands and quit cold turkey. It has been 11-12 days now.....I really hope that someday, my brain will work right again.

#118 Soggyllama

Soggyllama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    Was taking 120mg of Cymbalta for many years, now have gone cold turkey. Reading how so many other people are going through the same withdrawal symptoms as I is comforting.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Been a week since going cold turkey, been having (pretty much everyday):

Wild mood swings (elated to rage and everything in between)
Hard to concentrate
Nauseous
Very emotional (cry at the slightest things)
Constant brain zaps
Shaking
Chills (everyday, always cold)
Apathy
Heavy stress
Lethargy (tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I get)
Hot flashes
Diarrhea
Dizziness
Severe depression
Panicky
General irritability
Bizarre dreams (some that defy descriptiveness)
Hopelessness (complete loss of optimism)
& many other things that come and go.

Here's hoping things become more manageable in the near future!

#119 grannypoo

grannypoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

I use to think cymbalta was wonderful because it helped the nerve pain I was having because of a bad back. I was taking 60 mgs a day I did not have money to buy for this month so I am coming off cold turkey I am nauseas, raging, crying, tired, awful joint pain, can't focus, feel like I am drunk when I am having a serious conversation, have trouble saying words, agitated. I take care of my grandson who is 2 and I lose it with him not physically but find myself yelling more. Feet tingle when in a laying or sitting positin, pain in my back is worse. I just want my life back. I have never experienced anything like this in my 65 years. I just want it to stop! I think going back on it to stop the symptons is stupid! That is like being addicted to crack, trying to stop using but c,t handle the withdrawal so you go back on it! Excuse me, I don't think so!

#120 jeanspeace

jeanspeace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

There are many different posts about symptoms and side effects of Cymbalta and Cymbalta Withdrawal. I wanted to begin a thread to compile a thorough list of effects and symptoms that are related to Cymbalta. (Pleae list symptoms/effects that are confirmed to be related to Cymbalta via your doctor or you just suspect them to be). Also, break your symptoms/effects into two categories: Side Effects (while taking Cymbalta) and Withdrawal Symptoms (while coming off Cymbalta). Also, please note "Dr" by a symptom that was confirmed by a doctor. I'll start by listing mine.

Side Effects:
Depression worsened
Lethargy
Irritability
Trouble sleeping
Nightmares
Rage
Agitation
Spending/shopping out of control
Overall health declined: sick frequently
Weight gain