3 replies to this topic

#1 trayc

trayc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hi

I started taking 30 mg of Cymbalta about 11 days ago. My dr. gave me two weeks worth of 30 mg. samples and two weeks of 60 mg. samples. In another 3 days I am supposed to go to 60 mg. After doing some research, I have decided I want off of it. He had assured me that 30 mg. was the lowest dose, and I haven't really had any side effects so far (which he told me would happen). Will I have withdrawls if I just stop taking it now?

Thanks for your help.

#2 trayc

trayc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

Thank you so much for replying so quickly.
It is much appreciated :D

#3 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

You could also wean yourself, just to be sure, by emptying 1/2 of the 30 mg for a few days, then 1/2 that again, and then stop. Also, eat foods high in Omega 3, (check out the nutrional section, Greybeard posted some great info there) or look into supplements, just to be completely safe.

Babby

#4 trayc

trayc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

Okay so ... day one and two I felt perfectly fine. Day three I woke up with severe pain in my legs and lower back. I felt achy and overall terrible and foggy. I went to bed at like 7:30pm and fell asleep crying. Yesterday, day four, I felt physically better but kept getting a panicky, "fight or flight" feeling in my chest, also a feeling like I was going to cry for no apparent reason. Today, day five, my legs and feet ache, my hands feel numbish and I go between wanting to break down and cry to wanting to rip someone's head off to feeling like I am on the verge of a full blown panic attack to wanting to just sleep to feeling like I am going absolutely totally insane.

I was only on this medicine for 11 days. This doesn't seem logically right to me that I would be having withdrawls five freaking days later which is making me feel even more panicky and nuts. I didn't even feel this terrible BEFORE I started this medicine.

Do ALL anti-depressants have withdrawl effects like this? I have tried other anti-depressants before and don't remember feeling this bad EVER.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users