1 reply to this topic

#1 pcmobile6969

pcmobile6969

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:07 AM

Hi Group,
I have been on AD and Benzos for about 3 years. I lost my job, bagged my wife cheating and had a nervous breakdown. Well, I have been on Celexa most of the time and my doctor changed me to cymbalat about 6 weeks ago. I landed a job and I want to get my life back but I need your help very badly. I weened down from 30 mg to 20mg and have been off it for 5 days now. I am still on ativan but the this is still very hard going to work and dealing with the side effects.
Can anyone suggest and other meds to take or how I can be successful in getting off this AD. Idon't want to go back so please help me. I feel so alone in this world, my wife is cold, My children don't understand and I want my life back so so bad. Please offer any advice to get me through this hell. THank you for being kind..

BS

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

Many mis-diagnose withdrawal symptoms as your "depression/anxiety" coming back and want you right back on the cymbalta.

There is no quick way but working with a doctor is essential. I was told that my depression was returning which turns out not to be true. I have been off of antidepressants now for over 3 months.

Again, working with a doctor that you trust that listens is essential to all of this. Going it alone is not advised.

Talk therapy is a wonderful way to deal with some issues. But working with your doctor on coming off of Cymbalta alone I do not recommend. Also, make sure your doctor knows about the short half life and doesn't recommend that you do every other day doses, or tell you to stop cold turkey from what they consider a "low dose". I can't say that weaning would have helped me, because that was not how my old doctor told me to come off of Cymbalta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users