#1 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

Jocelyn

Please read through the nutrional section about Omega 3, and other things to help you with the emotional aspect of withdrawal. What you are feeling is standard for coming off of this, and if you came off of Effexor, it is very similar in nature.

Omega 3 is a natural mood enhancer, and is good for you overall. It really helped me with the mood issues. Also, avoid caffeine, and stay as calm as you can, whether it is listening to soothing music, avoiding violent or high drama programming, just anything that is overstimulating right now. Your brain and body are working hard to readjust, so, as with any other illness from which you are trying to recover, you need to allow yourself some time to heal and feel better.

There are tons of posts here under weaning off of Cymbalta that you may find helpful. Check those out too, and above all else, know that there are people here to help you get through this. We have either been there, or are there, and there is a trememdous amount of comfort in the support from people here.

Ask any questions that you have, and we will all do our best to guide you. We are not doctors, but real people who know what you are feeling.

Babby

#2 robyn_amber

robyn_amber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

Yup yup, my withrawal symptoms went from physical to emotional. And as I'm reading today, I realize that it is only the physical symptoms that have subsided. Guess I jumped the gun when I said my symptoms are gone. LOL The most frustrating part of the emotional mess is that I don't understand it. It doesn't make sense. And yet, I watch myself do things and react certain ways without being able to do anything about it. But, that has also diminished, so I think that I still have a ways to go, but I am progressing. ^.^ You can do it! Cymbalta? We don't need no stinking Cymbalta!

#3 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

The emotional aspect really packs a punch, doesn't it? Like you said, it is like you are watching yourself, and unable to do anything about it. But it really does ease with time. Avoiding overstimulating situations was really the best thing, along with the Omega 3. Plus, it seemed to help me to eat mini meals throughout the day, and I ate eggs, drank juice, lots of water and herbal teas. I also started to read again when my brain began to feel more clear, and that helped too. I just had to find as many "normal" activities as I could, to keep myself distracted. And seriously, telling yourself as many times as you need to that it is the drug and not you going crazy really did help me. It became my mantra. Reading others stories also helped me not to feel so isolated.

You right, we can do it, and we don't need Cymbalta to live!

#4 heather1234

heather1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

I am on day 9 and I was so happy when I woke up this morning and had slept through the night! Yay!!!

The problems I am having today are more physical. I just feel out of it and really need awhile to process anything. I usually have a great memory but my memory has been so bad since getting off this drug. I do feel better emotionally today but of course when I really start to feel like a bobble head and get dizzy or that weird dizziness as I call it I do think please be over soon and of course have an emotional moment.

I am determined!

So Omega 3's help with the memory thing?

#5 mslilrose

mslilrose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

Hi. I know the days seem to go by real slow when you're feeling this way.. Remember if it gets real bad to call your Doc. I posted a lot in February after I finished weaning off cymbalta and once I stopped taking it, the withdrawal symptoms were just too hard for me to manage, Admittedly, I'm a wimp, impatient and intolerant of pain. So my Doc put me on 30 mg of prozac for a couple months to get through the worse of it. When I weaned off the prozac by May, I had no withdrawal from prozac and no residual withdrawal effects from cymbalta. The thinking behind this is that prozac is the mildest of the serotonin boosters with less half life; so it's much easier to come off of. It fills in the same receptors in your brain that the cymbalta did; so you shouldn't' experience anymore cymbalta withdrawal symptoms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users