• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Miakoda

Miakoda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I found out a few days ago that my fianc and I are pregnant. I have been on Cymbalta for 6 months now. I had been on 60mg, but went to the doc two weeks ago and was brought down to 30mg. The doctor told me to gradually wean off Cymbalta, but I didn't want to take another pill with the possibility of hurting my unborn child. I have had occasional vertigo and increasing incidents of brain zaps. I found it a relief that I wasn't the only one experience these. I tried explaining to my fiance that I felt like little lightning bolts hitting my forehead and shooting down through my arms. Brain zaps is exactly what I'm experiencing. I experience up to 3 of these a minute. Is this too frequent?

I have read a few posts of how women have lost their babies by going cold-turkey. I'm afraid now because I don't know what is causing my baby more harm: going cold-turkey or still having this "crap" in my system. Is there anyone that can give me advice or maybe has had success with going cold-turkey and still having a healthy baby? I'm on day 4 without Cymbalta and my only side-effect are the brain zaps.

#2 AshleyA

AshleyA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Going cold turkey from Cymbalta is pretty risky, I wouldn't do it without talking to your doc, make sure he knows there are withdrawal symptoms and take a good prenatal vitamin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users