• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mirmca

mirmca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

I need serious help!!! I have been taking Cymbalta for 9 months. 2 wks ago I was surprised with the news that I am pregnant so I am having to do a "crash" wean off of the drug. I was taking 60mg and my doctor told me to go down to 30 for 4 days and then 30 every other day for eight days. Well it has been eight days and I am suffering!!!!!

I went off of Zoloft after my first child and had the same brain zaps and taking anti-histamines helped but now I can't take anything to help me. Has anyone ever gone through this situation. I read on another topic that apple cider vinegar was helping and so I think I may try that, but I am open to anything that is not going to harm me.

Help me please!

#2 MJoy

MJoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy.
I have never been pregnant. But I can imagine that being pregnant along with going off of a drug like Cymbalta has to be tough.

I am currently on my 10th day of tapering. I was on 60mg. My doc told me to go down to 30mg for a week and then stop taking anything. today was my 3rd full day taking nothing and feel like I'm in hell.
I'm going to try some apple cider vinegar to see if it helps any. Have you tried it?
Hope you're doing ok!

#3 mirmca

mirmca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

I am doing so much better than I was last week! Sunday was the last day of the bad with drawals. I realized that my coffee and smoking (yes I know I need to quit) were making the side effects even worse. I did not try the apple vinegar, but I drank Linden Tea to calm my nerves at night so I could fall asleep.

I haven't cried since Sunday either so I figure I am out of the woods. I definitely know that I will never be on any medication again. I understand that some people have to be, but not me. Exercise is my best medicine so I will have to stay off my lazy butt and stay happy!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users