3 replies to this topic

#1 margob

margob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hi all,
Well I've been taking Cymbalta 30mg for 60 days and I began feeling increasingly queasy as time went on. Then last week I got a cold and the nausea factor went through the roof. I couldn't eat and was constantly nauseous. After a week of this, I decided to stop taking Cymbalta because I thought that would help curb the nausea. Well, as you all seem to know, I was wrong and had no idea what I was getting myself into. I haven't been able to keep food down for the last 4 days and I'm losing weight like crazy. I'm drinking Gatorade and trying to keep hydrated but it doesn't stay down. Do I need to restart Cymbalta? Maybe 15mg, and start weaning off slowly from there? I can't work or read because of feelings of vertigo and dizzyness and I HAVE to be able to go to work soon!

Thanks
MargoB

#2 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hi all,
Well I've been taking Cymbalta 30mg for 60 days and I began feeling increasingly queasy as time went on. Then last week I got a cold and the nausea factor went through the roof. I couldn't eat and was constantly nauseous. After a week of this, I decided to stop taking Cymbalta because I thought that would help curb the nausea. Well, as you all seem to know, I was wrong and had no idea what I was getting myself into. I haven't been able to keep food down for the last 4 days and I'm losing weight like crazy. I'm drinking Gatorade and trying to keep hydrated but it doesn't stay down. Do I need to restart Cymbalta? Maybe 15mg, and start weaning off slowly from there? I can't work or read because of feelings of vertigo and dizzyness and I HAVE to be able to go to work soon!

Thanks
MargoB

Margo, from what I've read on this site, counting granules is the best way to go. I've had good resulst from counting our approx 20 of the little misery globs. And taking them in the mornning helps, too. Apparently. For me, just a little hit semed to help quite a bit. By the way, my psychiatrist said this wouldn't help but he was quite wrong. This is the same Community Services Board (state funded) psychiatrist who had never heard of brain zaps.
Keeping hydrated is always a good idea. Have you tried peppermint tea? Also, a whiff of rubbing alcohol does wonders for controling nausea for me. I found that rememdy when I googled 'nausea' and it was a miracle. Once you know you have something to use against a symptom it makes the symptom less of a threat. IMO suggestability is a major factor in dealing with the 'discontinuation syndrome' which has made me wonder about the efficacy of Cymbalta as a mind control drug. Maybe they are practicing on us!
I hope something helps so you can go back to work. It's hard to work when you have morning sickness,PMS and a hangover all at once, all day!
I'd love to hear your progress. It's an up and down thing. The monkey keeps coming back!

#3 dforand

dforand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Morning sickness, PMS, and a hangover all at once!! Love it, definately describe the withdrawl feeling. I will use that to help my adult daughter understand what it feels like. She keeps telling to quit thinking about it all.

#4 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:
    life is not about what happens on the outside, it's how we percieve it on the inside.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

thank you thank you thank you happyzapynot ~ you describe perfectly how i have been suffering! i have not had an alchoholic beverage in years yet i am reconsidering because at least i had some 'fun-times' when i drank. plez...i'd like to know if margod has experienced any improvement??
i'm new here and i'm still learning the ropes so forgive me if i am doing this not right...but when i read that phrase from happyzapynot: "It's hard...when you have morning sickness,PMS and a hangover all at once...all day!" that describes perfectly what i have been feeling the last couple of months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users