• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sj10

sj10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

I have been taking 60mg of Cymbalta for the last year or so. Before that I was on Prozac and Effexor. On Monday I removed 7 pellets from my pill and 14 pellets on Tuesday. Today is my first day at 40mg (as prescribed by my dr). I had a TERRIBLY violent nightmare last night and wondering if it could be from the very small reduction in my Monday/Tuesday dose. I take 10mg Ambien to sleep but have not had a nightmare like this ever. Reading all of these posts have me made me very nervous about what lies ahead. I've been taking fishoil and also Cerefolin NAC to help with the side effects. Should I expect the withdrawals as soon as tomorrow? I have a big event this weekend and hope this won't affect my attendance.

#2 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

Many people report nightmares as a side effect or withdrawal symptom from Cymbalta. So, my guess for you is that you are starting to experience some withdrawal symptoms. Everyone reacts differently to Cymbalta withdrawal, so only time will tell how severe your withdrawal symptoms will be. I did not taper down (my dr wrongly told me I didn't need to since I was switching to Pristiq), but my Dr. did prescribe Prozac to help with the withdrawal symptoms. The Prozac allieviated most of my withdrawal symptoms with 48 hrs. I had been on Prozac previously without neg. side effects, so I was willing to take it since others on here had said it helped them through withdrawal.

#3 myheart_forever

myheart_forever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:06 PM

When I missed a few doses months ago I had horrible nightmares, to the point where I would wake up nearly in tears. However, since slowly weaning off the medication over the last week or so, I haven't had a single nightmare! My dreams are pleasant and rather uneventful. So, you may stand a chance of them going away after a while, but like greybeard said, everyone reacts differently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users