• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GrandPulse

GrandPulse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

After reading some links posted by hapyzapynot and doing a bit of research, I've discovered that my diet isn't giving me the amount of magnesium I need. What is a good, reputable magnesium supplement? Also, I'm going to be going back on cymbalta and weening myself off of it slowly. Will a magnesium supplement have any adverse effects of reactions when taken with cymbalta? I've looked online and found very little on the subject. Thanks.

#2 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

After reading some links posted by hapyzapynot and doing a bit of research, I've discovered that my diet isn't giving me the amount of magnesium I need. What is a good, reputable magnesium supplement? Also, I'm going to be going back on cymbalta and weening myself off of it slowly. Will a magnesium supplement have any adverse effects of reactions when taken with cymbalta? I've looked online and found very little on the subject. Thanks.

See what you think of ANGSTROM minerals. I like their product because the minerals are supersmall. Hoping that won't irritate my gut the way ALL vitamin/mineral supplements do. I'm going to order some as soon as I have some $$$. Thanks to the bruxism caused by Eli Lilly's poison I'm having a lower molar extracted tomorrow. :angry: In all honesty, loosing #19 is the biggest loss of my life. You can always earn more money but you can't grow another molar.
I don't see how a Mg supplement could interact with $ymbalta. You probably should ask your doc. Maybe Lilly's website or WebMed (also Lilly's site) will have info.
Happy weening! It's GOT to be better than cold turkey!

#3 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Hi
I have taken magnesium the whole time i was on cymbalta and it was ok. I check with the pharmacist before a Dr. They know nothing about vit and drugs did i saw that outloud...

#4 Guest_crushynn_*

Guest_crushynn_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Not sure about oral supplements but I do know that magnesium is well absorbed through the skin. I use a body oil called magnesooth. You can google it & order online.

#5 DonMH

DonMH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPeachland,B.C., Canada
  • why_joining:
    My wife is suffering from major Cymbalta withdrawals.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

Hi
I have taken magnesium the whole time i was on cymbalta and it was ok. I check with the pharmacist before a Dr. They know nothing about vit and drugs did i saw that outloud...

Hi Uriel
What form of Magnesium do you take and what dosage.Do you know of anything that might help my wife who was taken off Cymbalta in one week.
Many thanks
Don M.H.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users