• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WitsEnd

WitsEnd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I started taking Cymbalta several years ago for fibromyalgia, 60mg. Several months ago I told my present primary care physician that I didn't think it was helping anymore. The answer was to raise the dosage to 90mg. I took the 90mg for about six months or so and had developed some of the side effects that are included in the television advertisement for Cymbalta, namely mouth sores. I also was developed some severe sweats all times of the day and night that causing a lot of discomfort. Not wanting to discuss these issues with my present primary care physician many because I didn't think I could get through to her anyway I went back to the doctor that originally prescribed the Cymbalta. I told her I wanted to quit taking the Cymbalta. She wrote me a two prescription for 30mg and told me that this drug could have some nasty withdrawal effects. What an understatement!!!! I decided if I was going to feel this bad I might as well quit taking the Cymbalta cold turkey. I have done this, it's been probably six weeks now without any of the drug. I'm still taking a prescription pain medicine and muscle relaxer at night but no more Cymbalta.

The sweats are beginning to decrease in severity and aren't as close together but I'm still having them.

I have the brain buzzes or whatever the things are, some days or worst than others.

I have absolutely no energy or desire to do anything.

I'm exhausted constantly.

I have G.I. problems.

And of course I'm in constant pain.

I don't no how much longer I can stick this out without giving in and going back on the Cymbalta which I definitely don't want to do.

Is there any natural way of dealing with the withdrawal? I know by experience that doctor don't have a sightest idea what Cymbalta does to a person physically and emotionally. It's a nasty nasty drug and it's not fit for human or animal consumption and it's not the only drug on the market that fits into this catagory.

HELP!!!!!

#2 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlsea, Oregon
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta Withdrawal. Diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (20 years); Fibromyalgia (Summer 2011); Arthritis...

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

I am so sick & tired of being sick and tired!! I'd like to get back to my normal crappy feeling self!(I have several chronic pain issues)I think I'm doing something wrong in my tapering process. Using 20mgs plus 60mg, still counting beads. Usually stay at same dose for a week & then decrease again. But this week has been hell! (I'm on day 88) Several bouts of severe nausea, extreme dry mouth, last night I woke up drenched in sweat, uck! Wake up too early & can't go back to sleep...No energy! Which sucks normally, but especially now because we are having a huge anniversary party on the 30th, so much to do! Extra stuff too because we've had contractors doing work at our house, so extra moving crap around and cleaning :( irritable, nauseous, and pissed off! Trying to stay positive and count my blessings!! I have an extremely wonderful husband for one!! :) Just needed to vent!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users