• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dbours

dbours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

I started Cymbalta in early March for Fibromyaligia pain. I had not been able to even walk a few blocks without significant pain. Started on 30 and was so impressed I switched to 60 and that was when my trouble began. First my skin began to flake on my face.. it was like dandruff of the face. It was worse and still is around my eyes. Then the diarrhea began and continued for 4 weeks +. At first I did not know these were Cymbalta symptoms so tried natural remedies etc. When nothing worked I began looking on this website and found others noting such problems [not on the Cymbalta website mind you!]. Called my doc and I switched to 30 mg. Did that for about a week and then just stopped taking it. Was feeling much better [except for skin], then suddenly [2 weeks after stopping] the diarrhea has returned my skin is a mess and now this morning I cannot seem to stop crying. I feel like I have gotten this far off, I do not want to go back on it, but yikes, I am a mess. How much longer is this likely to go on??? Now I cannot make this darn thing post and I am weeping uncontrollably.
Thanks for any support. S

#2 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

oh honey, I am so sorry! Hang in there! I am just on Day 3 of being Cymbalta free. Some people wet their finger and then dip into an open capsule to get a few granules.. It can help get you through this rough patch. You're in my prayers.

#3 dbours

dbours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for your kind words. I pray you have an easy time of it. I am hanging in. So thankful I did not cry today in front of my students.

#4 flowers

flowers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hi Just wanted to know how you are. Your post says June. Are you still crying? It is now August. I am desperate to know long it will last. It sure does suck. Hope your outthere still and can give us an update. thanks flowers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users