• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Torie

Torie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Has anyone tried ginger for their nausea? I drink a lot of ginger tea when I get migraines so I thought it might help with withdrawal too. I was right! If you don't have ginger tea you can put a few tablespoons of ginger root or powdered ginger in boiling water. There's also a pure ginger pill than Gravol makes for motion sickness. None of it tastes great, but your stomach will thank you.

#2 alysonhliberty

alysonhliberty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

Ginger root works very well for nausea. I have 550mg ginger root capsules, and this has helped with a lot of the nausea and stomach upset. Sometimes I need to take gravol too, though, because the withdrawal nausea is way too much.

The gravol ginger medicine is a rip off; I'd totally recommend buying the ginger root in capsule form at the health food store. Mine was $8.99 for 100 capsules, and I will take 2-3 whenever my stomach is upset. :) And of course we can't forget ginger tea. It is soothing, relaxing, and will also help your stomach feel better.

#3 YAy

YAy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

Even it sounds disgusting, eating Ginger raw is the most effective way :D cured my nausea in 5-10 minutes

#4 Bettyrose

Bettyrose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'd recommend trying ginger ale -- not Canada Dry but the real strong stuff, sometimes labeled Jamaican ginger ale or ginger beer. It's sold in four-packs here, in the health food or imported section of the store. I've had "irritable bowel" problems for years and have found this is real medicine, with no downside I can see! It also works for nausea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users