• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Karla

Karla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

It is day 5 of quiting cold turkey. The nausea and dizziness are pretty bad. I cant drive anywhere for fear I will be in an accident. I am scared to talk to my boyfriend much. I just know I will say or do something really stupid and not mean it. This is all so not fair to have to go thru for all of us. My hands, feet, and face have been swollon and numb. I havent read anyone else having that as a withdrawel. Maybe it is my sugar issues, I have high sugar and told I am prediabetic. Ive read some of you feel really bad after the sugar and crave it. I feel I am fighting everything in my life right now, not just the anxiety and depression. On another note I am calling my councelors office today (community mental health) and going to try and find out why or who is responsible for not getting back to me last week. Maybe I shouldnt be mad. I wouldnt have stumbled onto this site and known the cymbalta was making me so ill even before the withdrawels.
Has anyone had itching like an allergic reaction when they quit cymbalta?

#2 vsung

vsung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi Karla,

I am on Day 4 of going cold turkey. I have been on Cymbalta since Sept 2010 and was on 60mgs. I experienced what others on this forum have indicated as withdrawal symptoms such as the brain zaps, nauseau, diarrhea (so embarrassing), crying over any little thing, severe mood swings, the feeling like electricity going to my hands and legs, the pain, not sleeping for 4 days. According to my boyfriend, I did sleep but kept waking up and saying I was having nightmares. My eyes are hurting like I'm stuck in a forever horrible hangover. I cannot take off from work because I was just out for 2 months on disability coming off of Abilify and Lamictal. I thought it was horrible weaning myself from that!! Boy I was in for a big surprise since I've came off of Cymbalta. The constant brain zaps and the electric flow through my body have been the most hindering parts of the withdrawal. If I knew I was going to have all these symptoms, I wouldn't have started taking it in the first place. I have to unfortunately drive 45 mins each way to and from work everyday Monday through Friday. Every time I drive, I have to stay in one lane because of fear of hitting someone. It really sucks and I feel like I cannot take it anymore!! How long do these withdrawal symptoms last? I am so happy, not happy but happy that I'm not the only one that is feeling all these symptoms. I thought I was really going crazy at first but now I know this is supposed to happen. But now I'm left wondering for how much longer? This is torture and it hurts so bad.

#3 Karla

Karla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

I understand the happy but not happy feeling. This forum helps to let us know we are not alone. But yet I feel alone. I was on 60mg of cymbalta for about 13 years for anxiety. I didnt quit because I had wanted to but because I couldnt afford it. I had been off it for a few weeks last august and then about a month in Dec. I lost my job from being ill with what I thought was the flu or kidney inf/stones. Even after going back on the meds both times, I still had withdrawel symptoms then that never seemed to leave. This time I know they are withdrawel symptoms and I feel worse than ever. I read on here that they go away eventually, but it seems so far off. In the meantime I keep praying i will wake up and feel like my old self. Id rather have the anxiety than the withdrawels by far. I also have a low thyroid that was diagnosed before cymbalta. Also i had low blood sugar and more recently high blood sugar diagnosis since having been on the medicine. I am very hopeful that the sugar issues will go away too. Right now I am just hopeful that I can keep strong for my boys that I raise without their dad. 2 of my 3 boys (ages 22 and 15) have been diagnosed with anxiety and have been on lexapro for a few years now. I pray for everyone of you out there that is going thru this or has a loved one going thru this. My boyfriend has been great so far. He shouldnt have to take on so much when it comes to me.

#4 kzap

kzap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWentzville , Mo
  • why_joining:
    Glad to know i"m not alone or crazy

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hi Karla

So sorry you feel alone. This website is a wonderful source of information as well as empathy. We are all going through some stage of Cymbalta withdrawal whether we are experiencing it ourselves or whether a loved one is going through it. I'm on day 38 without Cymbalta. I'm really feeling pretty good again. As I was withdraing, I experienced a few good days(day15-18) then I relapsed again for a couple of weeks. However, I didn't have the exreme physical and emotional pain I had when I first started tapering. I have noticed consistent improvement this past week. I was able to drive myself to church yesterday and I even met my group of friend s for lunch after church. I feel truly blessed now that I can think clearly again and I'm no longer having brain zaps, nausea, or dizziness. I even have been able to fall asleep at night the past 3 nights without Benadryl. Boy, what a relief it is to be myself again! I still have Fibromyalgia pain, but I remember my pre-cymbalta days and I know I will have good days and bad days insead of all bad days I had on the Cymbalta for the past 4 years. I know it will take awhile to regain my strength that was completely lost these past 4 yrs due to SERATONIN SYNDROME that I suffered with Cymbalta ,but I fell stronger than I have in years. I.m definitely on the road to recovery. I also have Diabetes and my blood sugars have all been below 150 since I'm off of the Cymbalta. During the past year I experienced blood sugars beteen 200-250 most of the time even with increased Diabetes Meds. I kept gaining weight about 30lbs in the past 4years and couldn't figure out why.

It really made me angry because I had lost 100lbs prior to taking Cymbalta and had kept it off for about 3 years. Then every time I went to the Dr,I was gaining weight. Hopefully I can start losing weight again now that I'm off of the Cymbalta. Bottom line is , I feel so much better physically since I'm off of it!!!

I know the frustration you are feeling, Karla, as you go through this terrible withdrawal from this EVIL Drug. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you too!!! Just keep going and don't give up, You will get there. Keep reading and posting your concerns on this site. You will find that it is a wealth of information as well as a means of support to all of us. I believe in my heart, that God led me to this site to help me through this very difficult time in my life. I have to give the GLORY TO GOD for getting me through this one day at a time with the help and encouragement from everyone on this site.

May God Bless you and keep you safe as you continue on your journey. YOU CAN DO IT! :rolleyes:

#5 freeme2

freeme2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Try to get some supplements to help with the anxiety and to help you be calm.

Yes, I have extreme itchy skin mainly on my arms. What helps is benadryl spray or/and witch hazel apply to arms with a cotton pad.

I would try to contact your counselor to help you with the withdrawal symptoms.

I find if I keep so busy, I am not thinking about what is going on with my body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users