40 replies to this topic

#1 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:
    life is not about what happens on the outside, it's how we percieve it on the inside.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

i'm 48, single woman, worked 2&3 jobs most of life, went from outdoorsy athletic type to recluse, diagnosed with PTSD {2003} went from being homeowner to almost homeless, estranged from family & now all friends, got on disability 2012, was perscribed cymbalta november 2011 by a psychiatrist(30mg only - i fought for this dosage as i am extremely sensitive to drugs)my GP doctor had me try many anti-depressants over the years w/little to NO success.
i was sure my life could not get any worse when i tried to 'talk' to the psychiatrist...then i was crying/sobbing daily, sleeping 18-20hrs a day, total hopelessness. cymbalta seemed to help at first...crying abated, tho lethargic i could push thru and do small projects, i can be around people - just have to limit exposure to manageable amounts and allow myself quiet solitude after.
the crying crept back in a couple months ago tho not intense at first so i chose to see it as minor compared to b4 cymbalta; then the huge weight gain {60-100lbs} the complete exhaustion i battle daily again, the huge headaches that have now turned into vertigo. i've had pneumonia twice {also on arthrotec 75mg - when i need for debilitating arthritis}
i am disillusioned w/ ALL medical care - distrustful and confused. i'd like someone to talk to about my symptoms and walk me thru this...sorry i'm not sure what else to say.
i posted this on another 'thread' but as yet have received no info or even a hello! i'm new to forums so plez forgive me if i am doing this wrong...i just would appreciate the help. i have battled depression all my life and my family was not helpful since i was an easy target for their anger & frustration. i am gifted with animals and was able to create a life/career in the outdoor life field working with and living with animals. at 34 i was diagnosed with peri-menopause, the antidepressants began around that time. i tried Paxil/Effexor/Wellbrutin/Mannerax(?) a few others but as i stated b4 ~ i am sensitive to meds and their side-fx.
when i was bedridden w/ pneumonia & i could NOT take anything {except my thyroid med - Eltroxin 0.1mg -taking for 2 yrs clockwork @ 6 AM} i naturally will still wake up for it - but other meds {ie:antibiotics} are strictly taken with 'food'... and i was not able to eat hardly ANYthing, - so the antibiotics took precedence and i ended up skipping doses of cymbalta. i was sleeping 22/24 hrs/day so i did not think/know that the cymbalta had such excruciating side-effects - i just chocked all suffering and everything up to the brutal pneumonia.
i'm sorry but i'm having a brain-fart(zap) moment and need to go lie down, plez help me if you can.

#2 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Dont take it personal if no one here says hello. We are all going through hell. What is your question?

We are all here to walk you through it. Just read every post here. I'd like to say it gets better....but after weaning for months I'm on day 11 of no Gymbalta and it is HELL.
All we can do is hang on. Hang on sweetie! We're in this together, ok?

{{{hugs}}}}

#3 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:
    life is not about what happens on the outside, it's how we percieve it on the inside.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

thank you @heartfeathers for yr words~ i was just beginning to think i was not posting/being seen...tho i can read them!

my question may have been 'answered' with all i have read here, but i am curious if these symptoms after/off cymbalta lessen (?) and do we go back to the way we were b4 cymbalta? i have tried to follow some who are now 'off' cymbalta...even going back to 2009 here, but many do not seem to be posting any longer ~ so i guess i want to know if we truly do get better(?) or do we return to the 'depression/pain' that brought us to cymbalta to begin with? i have to decide which is the 'worst~evil'.

i am in canada, so would my story be of any use to ms.brockavich - or is that an american posting?

i was ruined by Paxil, but i was recieving 'samples' from my dr as i could not afford it at that time, so i did not step up to any lawsuit - and then i was back working/living with horses ~ so i was happy/content again at that time.

ohh boy...i thot a lot of my recent suffering was due to getting older and fibromyalgia ~ so i am having a lot of emotions learning otherwise.
thank you again for sharing.

#4 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

You will experience an increase in pain as you come off of Cymbalta. It will last a couple of days and then will go away. It is almost as if this poison is fighting us to get back on it.
I'm think those that have gone before us are out there living life and doing so well that they don't even think of these boards anymore. That gives me hope.

We can do this together! We can We CAN!

#5 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

You will experience an increase in pain as you come off of Cymbalta. It will last a couple of days and then will go away. It is almost as if this poison is fighting us to get back on it.
I'm think those that have gone before us are out there living life and doing so well that they don't even think of these boards anymore. That gives me hope.

We can do this together! We can We CAN!

thank you again ~ i so appreciate your words and encouragement {tho today IS a better day for me, so i too have been trying to encourage others on here} i'm just tired of being forced to choose between physical and emotional pain. recently i have had to battle what i thot was a 'heat-rash' but now my skin is itchy and peeling just like a sunburn...even where the sun don't shine!! and i have been laid up with the vertigo, but i was able to get out today to replenish my extra-strength GoldBonds medicated powder & cream; plus epsom salts, applecider vinegar, & baking soda for my baths; got some needed groceries...so now i can rest and relax and hopefully scratch less! my joints have set up quite the chorus {swollen, stiff, achey} but i go to my old mantra "this too will pass"! and i will allow myself a tylenol when the pain gets to be too much. i am choosing to go the 'counting granules' route {JRDM} i hope i can keep you posted to my progress, plez let me pick your brain(?) thanks for all yr sharing heartfeathers.

#6 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:
    "where i was born, and where and how i have lived is unimportant ~ it is what i have done with where i have been that should be of interest."

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

wow, can i relate to your plight plezhelp, my frustration may have begun with the treatment i received from unsupportive family - they really don't seem to want you different or better cause i guess we're easier to manipulate when we're all drugged up! my friends began proving they were only fair-weather-friends, as long as i was there to be their free & cheap-therapy, well when it came time to reciprocate they ran like cowards in the face of what i experience and have had to live. i actually don't miss any of them, but i do miss the theory of support we were supposed to receive from them.
the same with the medical profession, yet honestly what do we expect from those whose pay checks are contingent on us being addicted to their products? i am pissed that they are being paid such huge sums of money to basically spend a minimal amount of time actually helping us - yet why am i surprised at the lack of empathy? i feel like i am in a cattle maze when ever i try to see my doctor, i spend an hour in his waiting room to maybe see him for all of 2 minutes. i even write down everything i want to ask, but he still manages to send me away with more questions than answers.
you said you were diagnosed peri-menopausal at 34(?) what help did you receive then? were or are you doing HRT?
i too am extremely sensitive to drugs, well actually apparently now EVERYTHING! i've been taking cymbalta for fibromyalgia & depression. the weight gain was not wanted or needed OR expected! you would think with the rise in body temperature (gawd i never knew a body could sweat like this when you are not even moving!) you'd think the weight would be melting off us! yet i have insatiable hunger - i don't pig out but i feel like i need to 'graze'. i'm noshing little meals all the time. i try to make it mostly healthy foods, but i'm truly craving and hungry - it's like i have no off button anymore! you said you gained 60-100lbs - in 6 months? i would not have believed it was possible to gain weight that fast, yet now i am climbing the scale too.

it was by accident i found this forum, and what i have read -- well it's making me see Red!!

#7 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

hi olikunvrhav, thank you for sharing...and welcome to cymbalta-hunger-games! i want to answer you in depth but i am on a limited schedule today. i hope you are reading more on the forum - it is a fountain of useful information. i encourage you to seriously consider the weaning off process - still a lot of hell but i beleive less intense?? hell is hell - really hard to argue varying degrees. honestly...stopping cold turkey was not in the designing of this drug/poison, and i have no intention of causing undue suffering to myself anymore. i will return and try and answer more questions later, and hopefully others will reach out to you as well. peace&love

#8 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

ok...hopefully it works this time!
computer problems so i hope i can get this posted; has anyone tried 2 low doses a day of cymbalta? i am unfunctioning till 6 hours after taking my dose, and i thot i had read somewhere that cymbalta is active in system for approx 12 hours(?) so i was hoping to level the anguish out a little.
Has anyone tried this method??

#9 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:
    "where i was born, and where and how i have lived is unimportant ~ it is what i have done with where i have been that should be of interest."

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

hey i just left my update @ my thread - i too have thot it was commonsense to take cymbalta twice a day while weaning down. i had a particularly ruff week but doing the double dose/hit a day seems to be helping. kinda sounds like you were suffering lots too (?) i had read more posts~even the oldies, but i read till i couldn't see straight and now i cannot remember where all the really informative ones are!! i don't think i can read everything again! i'm trying to have a quiet day today, as the weekend entailed more people in my space than i truly wanted/needed. keep fighting the good fight plezhelp,

#10 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

A quick update: i have noticed a significant decrease in the intensity of symptoms with the 2 times a day dose {every 12 hours} well i feel a lot better today so i am planning to get out and enjoy myself...here's hoping it lasts!

#11 juju

juju

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

thank you @heartfeathers for yr words~ i was just beginning to think i was not posting/being seen...tho i can read them!

my question may have been 'answered' with all i have read here, but i am curious if the symptoms after/off cymbalta lessen (?) and do we go back to the way we were b4 cymbalta? i have tried to follow some who are now 'off' cymbalta...even going back to 2009 here {which i notice you have been here that long} but many do not seem to be posting any longer ~ so i guess i want to know if we truly do get better...or do we return to the 'depression/pain' that brought us to cymbalta to begin with. i have to decide which is the 'worst~evil'.

i am in canada, so would my story be of any use to ms.brockavich - or is that an american posting?

i was ruined by Paxil, but i was recieving 'samples' from my dr as i could not afford it at that time, so i did not step up to that lawsuit - and then i was back working/living with horses ~ so i was happy/content again at that time.

ohh boy...i thot a lot of my recent suffering was due to getting older and fibromyalgia ~ so i am having a lot of emotions learning otherwise.
thank you again for sharing.

Hello!
I am also wondering these things!!, and I also have fibro, and live in canada :)...here's hoping someone answers!!!!

#12 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Computer is now in withdrawls and wonky!! so i am on a borrowed one & i wanted to reach out and update: i am now taking only one 15mg {half dose} a day. i am sleeping lots and am not awake to take 2 doses; my bones feel like they are shattering = fkn painful. i will take arthrotech when really bad just so i can move; i am battling with major weeping...but if any of us deserve to cry isn't it us(?) i am being allowed some solitude as roommates are camping etc. this weekend, so that for me goes a long way to "peace of mind".
well one interesting development is i have NO appetite...another reason i went to once a day dose; i still am having brain-farts/fog, the zapping has receded for the moment, with lack of people i have experienced no rage - but next week i will be tested on this again i'm sure.
i think of anyone battling this and i can honestly say it does..lessen in intensity. so keep fighting everyone - my mantra lately has been "you have to feel it = in order to heal it."
i am sure the ocean-of-emotions are going to be...interesting - as we get reacquainted.
peace&love

#13 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

my trip to the country was too short..but it was so appreciated. i go in spurts to having any energy even to just read/reply on computer recently. there is one thing that i have had to renew my passion for ..and that is writing in a journal only positive things. sometimes it is just pages of a few lines like "i love life and life loves me" or "i'm getting better and better everyday". if you have any of Louise Hay books..they are an excellent source for quoting/writing. i learned this years ago..that we need to balance the negativity we hear daily in our life with at least twice as much positivity..to try and offset anything negative taking root. sex difference is i think tho 2 to 1 for most guys, its more like 10 to 1 for girls - which might explain why woman are prone to 'talk' more than men = they need to!

#14 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

i am at half my dose now once a day cause i am sleeping 12 and 14 hrs again. i'm sad a lot and so sleeping is an escape from the emotional meltdown(s) i am experiencing daily. unfortunately something unexpected happened with my already strained living conditions, and it's taking everything i have to not 'rock the boat'. i have no family or friends that i can go stay with, and no money to afford to move, so i am having to put on a mask and repress what i am really feeling.
in the vein of trying to be more optimistic {4ever in training} and struggling/learning to 'accept' the things i truly cannot change...well its just my classroom.
what was supposed to be a peaceful mostly solitary summer = has drastically changed now, and i am struggling to keep positive. one positive thing is that i have the luxury of this 'borrowed' laptop..since mine has bit the dust. My computer is over 6 yrs old so its probably time to upgrade..and was hoping for a laptop.
the copius sleeping is the only thing that is making my life bearable right now, but the dreams/nightmares make waking up a bit of a crap shoot. i've been trying to stay awake later at night when the house is quiet and i can be alone, but the unexpected/unwanted company is a bit too loud and proud in the morning, so i just get up and go hide in my bathroom - now i'm running out of epsom salts!
i did read someone's posting of 'bad-knees' and i wanted to share that i have been woken up many times the last few weeks (intermitenly) with horrible pain in the knees, and i have had to be more aware and cautious taking stairs and some days even just walking. too often i am chalking things up to 'old-age' and getting older, so i forget about the possibility it relates to weaning off cymbalta.
i too am again so thoroughly disgusted with the medical industry's lack of knowledge and understanding about the harm cymbalta is causing. i am fast loosing all my faith that 'they' ever want anyone to actually get well. And now i go have a good cry...and try to find any reason for continuing this life.

#15 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:
    I recently weaned off Cymbalta, after using it for 2 years for depression. The depression is gone, but now I'm in the withdrawal horrors

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

Hi plezhelp,

How are you these days.
I'm on day 13 Cymbalta free. Anxiety horrors. I don't know how to cope with this, altho luckily I have a great husband.
I'm just terrified that the anxiety will not go away and I'll end up back on cymbalta.
Baby steps, I guess.
Peace and hope to you X

#16 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hang in there!! It WILL get better! Dont go back on it! You've got it licked now.

#17 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

thank you both {heartfeathers & lazydaizy} for your encouragement. I did not go back on it, in fact i was so fed-up i actually stopped completely any cymbalta. what fkn poison and since i was bottoming out anyway i figured i would ride the drop-in-the-cymbalta-hellacoaster and just refuse to put anymore of that shit into my body. i was so melancholy, i was just so sic and tired of being sick and tired!
then i decided what i really need iz to get back to doing what i do well...working/playing/enjoying the company of animals {and not just lounging with the cats!} since i was going to be experiencing so much pain i realize i need the distraction and better reward/motivation.
A neighbor has a rescued pitbull that i have been admiring from afar, and i was to learn this truly is a special dog since he was a former bait-dog {ie: dog fighting} i know that i cannot afford to rehome a dog permanently right now, but i want/need the company - and more importanly the confidence that i recieve being in the company of animals. my break came when the pitbull ventured out an unexpected opening and came into our front yard. he was just sniffing around but then he began barking at my roommates so they came and asked me to do something. i decided to take advantage of 'escorting' him back home and introduce myself to his new pack-leaders. they were surprised and even impressed how the dog was attracted/trusting of me, so i shared it was my heart's desire to foster a dog. Jacko(the pitbull) and i started up a bit of a romance, and as soon as they learned of an abandoned/slated to be euthanized rescue in need of a foster they recommended me, and even offered to pay for everything (including food)
then one of my roommates asked to be a part of the process and learn my 'ways with the animals' and is willing to help care for and especially walk etc when i am in too much pain to move. i am thoroughly enjoying the company and the adventures, and even the pain is a reminder that i am alive and getting back into better physical condition. I am also regaining a level of verbal skills i need to 'inform' the medical peddlers of this poison what absolute horrific and henious shit cymbalta truly is. right now i just desire to bitch-slap my $300 an hour dumb-ass psychiatrist who started me on this poison. he is a poster-boy proving that an expensive degree really is just a piece of paper, and knowledgeable does NOT mean wise.

#18 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:
    I recently weaned off Cymbalta, after using it for 2 years for depression. The depression is gone, but now I'm in the withdrawal horrors

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Way to go plezhelp!!! To hell with the psychiatrist...you can become the new poster girl for kicking Cymbalta's arse XXX

#19 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

kudos @plezhelp, i love your recent post...well a week ago recent! so how are you? i get the impression you are probably outdoors cruising around more with your new friend the dog ? So how goes it ? are you still cymbalta-free?? keep us posted..plez!

#20 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

kudos @plezhelp, i love your recent post...well a week ago recent! so how are you? i get the impression you are probably outdoors cruising around more with your new friend the dog ? So how goes it ? are you still cymbalta-free?? keep us posted..plez!

come on girlfriend..i'm missing yr witt!!
hope you are safe and healing...come back and let us know?!!

#21 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

i am still alive olikunvrhav...surviving if not yet thriving! i am still on the cymbalta hell-a-coaster and i wish i could get over the withdrawl side effects...just like when i stopped taking it. non-addictive my ass = some of these fkn idiots that peddle this poison need to be put on it ...then off it - so they fkn LEARN/KNOW what bullshit and debilitating crap this poison IS.
i am moving at the end of month so i am slowly packing a little every day so i do not get overwhelmed. crying and angry regularly tho the intensity has diminished - its still exhausting when you are trying to live a Buddhist-balanced life. i was able to rehome the dog and i miss her...tho i am happy she has a new home where she is wanted & cherished. hopefully i get to experience that too someday = maybe then it will be less crying and less angry. well i can dream again - positive dreams - and not just the over active convoluted bullshit dreams cymbalta inflict on you.
namaste' eh!

#22 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

i'm so glad you are still staying ahead of the cymbalta-hellacoaster and have not 'jumped' off. i am so sorry you too are suffering so much. i am still weaning and i have some good days..mostly bad days - but i am not giving up or giving in! this is the most mind alternating drug i have Ever experienced and i fkn HATE it! anti-depression pills have never worked "for" me {they just make you numb and dumb to what is really happening} And they alwayz slammed me with all the fkn horrible side effects. its has been over 13yrs since i cared/desperate enough to trust to try again something/anything = my bad and BIG MISTAKE!!
Ok this is turning into a super-bad-fkn-day 4 me..and i'm supposed to be celebrating my birhtday = and i'd rather NOT...whats to celebrate in cymbalta-hell!!

#23 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

i am still Alive = tho i would never call this living!! i wish i could see the light at the end of the tunnel...but too often that light iz a speeding fkn train bearing down on me!!
i refuse to do the numbers game so i am not 'knowing' exactly how long i have been off fkn shit-cymbalta {time-line is documented on here} but i refuse to become disillusioned or discouraged playing any numbers mind-game,
one day at a time eh!

#24 tomitsu

tomitsu

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

I started treatment on Saturday Aug 11, 2012. It was strange but I'm going to try it for the recommended 4-6 weeks. I met with Dr. Hutton and we sat down and went over my medical history and depression plus anxiety. I had been on Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Cymbalta. This new treatment brings hope to people who have tried anti depressants but have failed on them. People with anxiety, fibromyalgia and depression of course. Even bipolar patients! The system delivers about 40 rapid MRI strength pulses for over 4 seconds. This sequence is repeated every 30 seconds for about 40 minutes. Im being treated on left side of brain for depression and on right side for anxiety. It feels like a woodpecker is tapping on your skull. It doesn't hurt but it's a bit strange. At first my eye was getting odd sensation but they adjusted the levels. Wish me luck!!! Will try and keep you all posted. Insurance can cover it but there are hurdles. I'll post info on how that goes. I am paying out of pocket then I will fight for reimbursement with the Dr.'s help of course. I have hope because I do not want to be on medication. It's called Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. It was featured on Dr. Oz. it has helped many people with depression. I'm taking a chance. I go to So Cal TMS center.

#25 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

@tomitsu - i am very interested in this procedure {Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation} please keep us posted = i have been intrigued since i learned about it 10 yrs ago - but my ass-hole psychiatrist/physcologist then {whatever they call themselves} were NOT interested in letting 'this' cash cow out of their greedy paws. i eventually left ALL of them and chose to go with my choice of tweaking diet and cannibus = which worked well for 8 yrs - b4 my body decided it was time to try something different again.
And here we are now in cymbalta hell land = HUGE fkn mistake!!
please keep us informed tomitsu - it's nice to have some honest 'insider' info - and not the documented BS drival that is geared to 'sell'/push another product.
i'm pulling for you!

#26 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

ooohhh...ME TOO - Me too!! i am now curious how eventually i will be 'dealing/battling' depression = as i fkn DO NOT trust the pharacuetical industry anymore. i have battled depression most of my life, and when able and in desirable peak physical condition - i could DO things that 'distracted, segwayed, disciplined' my mind/attitude/outlook = best treatment for me was to jump on a horse, or grab the dog and go for a hike; go swimming ; go camping ALONE.
well fibro/aging have limited my ways of "burning it off", so now i am restructuring diet, practicing socialization {creating a support system} which Now is a very important and exclusive NOT so easy to get into club. instead of giving trust away i have chosen to be more aware and 'allow' for others to EARN it.
i have also rediscovered that other's attitude - has very little to do WITH ME; what IS the thing i am completely 100% responsible for = MY OWN ATTITUDE.
i have noticed that the pain has become more bearable/manageable - i have to be conscious of any/all activity that i do and allow for sufficient recovery time to bounce back. most important to me is practicing due diligence in keep my intimate surrounding area 'negative-free' and keep&make it a space of healing&safety for myself. i keep written on my hand (possible new tattoo(?)
FOCUS ON THE THINGS YOU LOVE.
i'm living one day at a time; i am choosing daily to be more excited about my life...and any/all changes coming; i am choosing to practice being present in my life = my gawd...i think i have slept enough!
the headaches and brain zaps have lessened in intensity; the crying i'm controlling and it is abating = i practice the 90 second rule where i totally give in to what i am feeling/thinking and express it for 90 seconds {in front of a mirror can add another dimension!} then after 90 seconds begin to rein yrself in; use positive self-talk and words of encouragement = say what you NEED TO HEAR = don't fkn wait for someone else to say it to you! I just get moving = MINDFULLY OR PHYSICALLY - to a more positive place. i think i started doing this at 5 minutes b4 shaving it down to the 90 seconds; my appetite is also changing as i am less inclined to oink out - i am limiting my choices in house so if i end up with a craving = well i got to go out and 'hunt' it down. i am very selective what i read/watch/listen to = NO depressing/maddening shit - NOT right now. with out the expense of cymbalta i am choosing to reward myself with bottled water - i buy it so i can gauge how much i am truly taking in...and because i am worth it! like i said it's a small reward, and ANY reward is now truly appreciated.
ONE day at a time = allow/accept there will be good days...and some not so good = but i will/am getting back to better health/life = Amen/let-it-be-so!

#27 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

decided to paste this here as well since i am using it so much for other threads - and i need to read it myself too!!

"Tears are a river that take you somewhere.
Weeping creates a river around the boat that carries your life-soul.
Tears lift your boat off the rocks, off dry ground,
carrying it downriver to someplace new -
somewhere better."

hope this helps = it sure does 4 me!

#28 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

wow, i never would have thot the longer you are off this shit the more intense the pain level gets.
well i should be loosing weight as i have been so nauseous, and the pain is...always now! its more intense at night so it's becoming increasingly uncomfortable to sleep - i wake up feeling like everything has been smashed. And the headaches - they are increasing in intensity daily, especially if i take any meds {tylenol 3's = to try alleviate the pain and sleep better} Gawd...i was hoping to give my liver a chance to detox and rest after this cymbalta-poison, but i need the pain meds or i will go fkn insane!
i am mostly packed, but i have NO strength or energy and i still have to move all the stuff and up 2 flights of stairs. i thot i had already downsized from a 3 bedroom home to living in a room the size of a 'stall', but i have 4-5 different size of clothes = and i fkn am not giving them away like i did b4 when i lost a lot of weight. they are all good clothes that i have worn and have a lot of mileage left - plus they are favorites!
oh well...somethings gotta give = i'm just hoping its not gonna be my mind!!

#29 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hang in there! We got this licked..

#30 benhurr

benhurr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

My heart and sole are with you. Keep up the good fight.
My wife has been 36 days cold turkey from thid f shit.
she is in constant pain.diohriea constant flue symtems.
My wife was on cymbalta for nerve pain. or so the doctor said?
She recently underwhent surgery for new shoulder. She had hip replacement about 18 months ago, walking on sticks for 7 weeks shot out both shoulders.
While doing shoulder o found st 2 breast cancer cells in bone.Told to take hormone therapy drugs.2 days after starting this she became very ill. after talks with doctor it was decided she should stop all meds to let her system settle. she tried the miss a day on suggestion from doctor. side effects hit hard. My wife decided to stop and ride it out.
first few days where bad. hoped that after few weeks things would get better.
What a f.... joke. symtems are ramping up.
She has almost know strength. struggeling to clime stairs.
does not sleep much.
totaly depressed about it all.
DOes not apeare to have any more brain zaps.
slight nausea.
weigt gain that she cannot move.
she is eating very little.
We have two horses that she adores but struggels to go and see them.
You said that you are in pain, is it everywhere even places you would not expect.
I have osted this reply because you sound as if you are about the same position of withdrawal as my wife. may your animals keep you sane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users