40 replies to this topic

#31 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:
    life is not about what happens on the outside, it's how we percieve it on the inside.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

thank you benhurr you are so right when you say the animals are my source of comfort and healing = i hope your wife will be able to experience them again as well. they are so patient and they are the only ones "I" have ever experienced true acceptance and love from = i believe they are the only ones to truly achieve unconditional love.
my heart breaks that your beautiful wife has had to suffer so much ...and then to be put on this poison cymbalta = what fresh hell this has turned out to be! i lost my mother/my best friend to the medical bullshit = they preformed 'back-surgery' because she was reduced to walking with a cane in her 82 yrs. i begged her not to do the surgery and she didn't for almost 3 years, then i lost her to them because her pain was becoming unbearable..
why we choose to believe these people truly know what the hell it is they are doing = it is foolish and simplistic. the medical and pharmacy are in bed together...and yet we are the ones constantly being screwed by them!
i'm sorry this has happened to you both as i'm sure you empathize with her suffering, but please bring her close to the animals and let them work their magic = they can truly heal us.
i am loving and truly enjoying my new home. my only roommate is gone up north to work 80% of the time so its just me and his wonderful dog in his new fully equipped house with one helluva view out in the country with few neighbors. its peaceful and virtually stress free for me = so now i can truly begin to heal myself. i have been hit with a lot of pain again and so i am trying to discover new ways to manage it. my home is 420 friendly so i am preparing to possibly try that route again...seems the universe is lining me up for that as well!
i will try to return to catch everyone up, but right now i am enjoying the peace and serenity that has too long been missing in my life.
namaste' everyone

#32 tomitsu

tomitsu

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hello All, I did not realize someone had any interest in what I had posted. Here is my post on this site "transcranial magnetic stimulation" posted on Aug 31: https://www.cymbalta...5952#entry25952

I go daily 5 times a week. This last week I only went twice because I had other maters to tend to and it was not going to work scheduling wise. Becsuse I am at the maximum power level phase in my treatment - the dr was not worried about me missing a few days. I start back up on Monday. I think it had helped me but I also think I might have also gotten better with time. I like you, was desperate to feel good. I wanted to die. There seemed no other choice for me. Then I found this treatment. I paid out of pocket and dr is submitting to insurance to get me reimbursement. It's going to be a while before I see that money. It will have to go through appeals, etc. I have Anthem Blue Cross.
it's not easy but it has given me hope. There have been days where I was again hopeful and saw into the future. I could see myself running my Business again. I still get anxiety and I get down but I have not thought about suicide since Sept 5! I do not sleep all hours of the day everyday like I used to. I sleep normal hours at night, from 12am through 7 or 8 am. I care about myself again, I shower every night before bed and wake up ready for my treatments. After my treatments I usually on good days go to my office and work. I am the president of my company and I was at the reigns 7 days a week and 12-14 hr days, and I loved it. You could not keep me from it. It's my love. Well actually my husband is my love and it was his biz before I came on board 16 yrs ago! Now he's been taking over in my absence. It's been a real struggle. I cried when I went to see Dr. Hutton at TMS center and he told us that I was disabled and that I should apply for disability! I nearly died. How could a legal drug do this much harm? How come pharmacietical co's not liable for this mess? Please see my post.

#33 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:
    life is not about what happens on the outside, it's how we percieve it on the inside.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

"I" see it and i love you for it! thank you for sharing 'tomitsu' and know you are inspiring me.
i spoke to my GP about this procedure yrs ago, but it was something 'new' in an old world package/way - not enough testing of(?)
right now with the drastic change in my living circumstances - i too am experiencing a type of revival/renewal of selfworth & selflove. i too would like reimbursement for all the pain and suffering i've had to endure at the hands of this lethal diabolical fkn poison peddled drug. i hope in karma...and that every asshole that has pushed this poison will one day experience EXACTLY what they have inflicted on a majority of us. AND i hope i will get to experience getting wealthy too {like them!} from cymbalta. i'm almost 50 and have lost everything = that's not right!
please tell us more when you have more, and thank you soooo very much for pioneering a new avenue to get off the cymbalta-hellacoaster!

#34 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

an update:
ok - i do not like playing 'the numbers' game, but i did just come thru my 2nd month of being cymbalta-free = my re-birth-day! i wish i could say it's over & it's all good, but i can say it's improving more each month = the anguish days are sowly being replaced with better days. i wanted to stay completely 'drug-free' yet the battle with pain in my back/knees/ankles/feet was off the charts. NO fkn way was i interested in ever going back on cymbalta because i learned enough that shit only alleviates the pain till you became immune and then need to up the dose = what fkn good is that?? tylenol 3's {which i am prescribed to take up to 6/day = are virtually useless {as well as any drug store meds} so i don't take, but have had to go on arthotec75 daily since the end of august as i could hardly walk.
i had just moved so i kept chalking up most of the 'pain' to over exertion/stress etc, yet i was very careful not to overdo anything or overthink. i still have bouts of needing to sleep lots; still have days when i need to lock myself away from the world and decompress; i have learned that physical pain truly changes a person = i cry easily; i get angry super-quick; i just crave/desire peace & quiet as i startle easily; and i yearn &meditate for pain free moments; my stomach is problematic likely due to cymbalta mostly 'frying it'...like our brains - and certainly arthotec is aggravating it = but i need some release from pain or i will go insane!
i wish i could say it gets easier but right now that is too misleading and discouraging as so many of us find that when we believe we have broken thru...we only wind up in a reprieve then we are right back in the thick of the battle with bullshit side effects.
this stuff is fkn poison = and until they begin listening to Us {who have been there done that} there will be countless others who need to learn and come to these forums, so for the record all you one hit wonders = who fkn post one damn time then go fkn hide = PISS OFF! you wreak just as much damage to people trying to come off this shit; and i noticed a pattern that most one-hitters are/chose to go 'cold-turkey'...so maybe they really have "left the building" = cause this shit is Not something you want to just stop - it will come back to bite you in the ass.
you have to be aware and educate & arm yourself with an arsenal of information so you can a fight a good fight. being flexible and open to try different methods/things you glean from others WHO HAVE BEEN THERE...AND ARE STILL HERE = its necessary to beat it. realize 2 that as each of us is unique in certain ways = & this fkn drug has/will morphe into whatever IS our own personal-hell...you need to be diligent and own it = its basically up to ourselves to make "us" better.
so you gotta admit for something that was touted as "non-addictive or habit forming" well i think they should just put the shit-cymbalta in the water of those who peddle/push/created it - and then take it away...let's see what the assholes "say" then.

So in summary it seems that the cymbalta continues its' wretched battle to wreak havoc - tho the intensity is still there most days it is lessening in duration each month.

#35 Spreadtheword

Spreadtheword

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hello all,

I am so glad I found this forum to share and read stories from those who have and ARE dealing with the HELL of coming off this med. I've been lurking for 2 days now, joined this morning and made my first post about my experience. I cannot stop reading the stories but it does get me down to see how long the effects can last. I know everyone is different and there are many factors that come into play, but at this point in my HELL it seems so gloomy :(
Plezhelp- I cannot wait until the day I feel "myself" again....I'm spreading the word like butter on warm toast!! They don't know who they're dealing with!! AS for right now I will try top not be a one hit wonder and continue to post...but it truly is painful to even type!! The movement of the cursor is making me nauseous.

D

#36 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

hate to say it but...welcome spreadtheword - to the cymbalta hell-games! i am truly sorry you have had to discover the copious downside to this poison cymbalta. hang on and come here often to share and discover there are many 'happy stories' too. first off realize you have come to a place where the truth is shared uncut and usually uncensored. people need to open and spill/spew or they will begin to rot from the inside and eventually explode. i empathize {most ALL of us here can} the daily battle for taking back control of your brain, and you are in the battle of your life = AND YOU WILL WIN... but it will be nothing less than all out war. unfortunately we have to experience/live first hand the greatest rule of war "keep your friends close and your enemies closer." sadly that means the medical profession too, information IS really all they want/need from us {and yes there are anomalies = some that genuinely care but they are the rarity = it's a fact} trust is something in the 21st century we are too easily giving away, so we learn a hard lesson = trust needs to be EARNED. i've known my GP for 20 yrs but i also realize he is still a human, tho good at what he does = he is not infallible. so we need to start taking back responsibility for our health: ie eating better/right/knowledgeably, working less and playing more/better; saving for the golden years = WTF - guess who coined that phrase(?) i'd wager it was the ones who knew we would quickly die from being so worn out...then they will get our 'golden' nest egg, hence golden years for them eh!!

#37 benhurr

benhurr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

to all on this forum keep fighting.
My wife is going throught this f hell on her own at the moment as i am away from home. god help her.
I travel a lot and had to get back to work. I do find it hard to get on line sometimes.
As prevoius post. my wife is still of this f muck.
Told me today that she has been to see Doctor and she has been put on a strong pain Killer. As she is still in constant pain.She has to go in for another shoulder replacement within the next few weeks.
I keep prazing er for staying of this stuff and telling her about all others out there fighting this stuff. sometimes she does not whant to know. but i tell her that what she is feeling is all down to this shit
My wife has never been like this before this f shit.
will keep checking when i can to see how all doing
I keep telling her that this is a long term fight and will come back to bight her.
almost two months of this shit for her. she has said that she will never take this crap again

#38 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:
    "where i was born, and where and how i have lived is unimportant ~ it is what i have done with where i have been that should be of interest."

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

question: anyone else notice that the withdrawal symptoms are cyclical?
i am not long off cymbalta and i know weaning was the kindest way to come off it (and so far successful ~ FOR ME) yet the side effects seem to lift somewhat, and then come back with a vengeance after a time(?) anyone else notice this pattern?
For me alcohol is not the route i want to take long term for pain management ~ its too hi-caloric and i want to get rid of the excess junk-in-my-trunk!

#39 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

well hopefully this will be some long awaited "good news" on the cymbalta withdraw front(?)
i will try to shorten this and yet i need to share necessary info leading up to it, so please bear with me. don't get me wrong = CYMBALTA IS FKN POISON and it needs to be pulled off the shelf and obliterated, but i have discovered an interesting thing and i am wondering if it is an anomoly (?) so plez...anyone else experience something similar after withdrawal??
setting this up: i still love my new place and i have experienced a real lightening of my being. there has been a lot of healing with the peaceful solitude i am allotted, and tho i still experience pain-filled moments/days when i feel like my body is attacking itself with a baseball bat...where my bones feel like they are shattering - those intense days are becoming farther in between.
i am also experiencing some truly magnificent days...where "i feel" actually hopeful/happy about a better future. this is taking practice and working at being mindful. i have not felt this way in a long time so i am experiencing this as mostly de-ja-vu...since its been tooo long since i have been able to connect with that 'positive' feeling.
Recently my roommate chose to share some of his less attractive-side with/at me, yet what impressed me was that tho i still have a fairly high tolerance level for bitchy stupid people - when the attack became full on 'personal' i stood up & fought back. i stood my ground! No fkn way has this asshole earned any right to spew on/at me - and tho i love & appreciate this place...i am NOT going to live in fear. i manifested this home and i will manifest an even better next one!
interestingly for me was his feeble attempt at an apology the next day; when it occurred to me that i have NEVER experienced a proper apology my entire life. there's actually 3 parts to a proper apology: #1 - the perpetrator must seek out the individual they have wronged; #2 - the perp must in his own words articulate Exactly what THEY did (wrong) #3 - THEY seek atonement = where the perp must ask what THEY need to do (which is DECIDED by the wronged one) to reestablish the broken trust.
i have practiced this apology and it has never failed to be an interesting classroom = it is certainly NOT easy, which is probably why i yearn most in my life to hear these 3 words more than any others: not 'i am sorry' but "I WAS WRONG".
ok back to the 'anomaly' - the rage that was stirred up in me thru use of cymbalta-poison - might it have some "use"? i am wondering if this is a"silver-lining"(?)
my roommate attempted to make light of...or even conveniently try 'forget about it' - but that's not doing it for me; in my mind i have been put on notice = next time the gloves come off and i go literally jackie-chan on his ass! i'm not interested in being a martyr. tho this place is far better for me than the last...i refuse to live in fear. Not surprising this guy has burned thru 3 roommates in less than a year = but all that said i am more interested in the change/impact on/in me. i choose to see this as a classroom experience: i have battled depression most of my life and i believe depression IS anger turned inward. i did NOTHING to bring on my roommates temper tantrum, and NOTHING to deserve the shit he spewed; so unfortunately i am made aware that i still have many raw-wounds from my past and he just unfortunately was the 'tool' that was used to direct my focus on some unhealed parts.
All said...has anyone else experienced this? Anyone else have a type of awakening of their self-preservation? plez share or am i totally alone in this(?)

#40 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

amazing timing "muddyheaded" - & thank you for asking! i have definitely put cymbalta in my rear-view mirror, and yet i was amazed to have experienced a sorta 'minor' relapse of withdrawal symptoms - a kinda reminder type episode recently back in november.
i had been in a stressful situation having received some disheartening news, when i started feeling wonkyish in my thot processes. my head was foggy and having some weird ass headaches - they were like tiny little nails being flicked at my head. it was so random and not debilitating - just disconcerting, yet i was too busy focusing on the dilemma i was facing that i was not really overly attentive. then i started getting the nausea which was very quickly joined by a breakout of a rash...then boom goes the dynamite!! i realize this is reminiscent of cymbalta-poison withdrawal. i'm sure the cymbalta nazi's will claim that after 6 months being off their shit = it has nothing to do with it - yet i know in my head and heart and body that it was exactly what i experienced when weaning off the shit {just in a lessor degree} and once i pieced it together my classroom became "why NOW after so long?" i became more attentive and reestablished the routine(s) of detoxing from the shit. after a time i was able to rectify and eliminate most all symptoms.
tho i had experimented with cannibus to manage some of my suffering - it was very brief, and tho helpful in many ways...just right now i need all of my faculties firing properly - so it was a very rare occurrence {actually been over 2 months since} it became my goal to arrange to have a stress free environment over the holidays - solitude is my drug of choice! the room mate was gone for most of december and i had the space and peace that i have longed for - it was a vacation for my soul. there was only me {and 2 furry critters} to look after and NOT catering to anyone else. any depression was non-existent and my body was so open and relaxed - it was exactly what my body& soul needed.
the symptoms have mostly all cleared up and i hope i have learned again that this shit is so sneaky...possibly never to be completely free of its bullshit - yet i am celebrating that i am getting better, and that shit will never pass these lips again!
everyone attempting to jump off the titanic-cymbalta-bull-ship = DO IT b4 you are ruined forever. i was on it long enough to know it was the worst shit i have ever encountered, attached to lies and deceit. i noticed the propaganda has lessened on our canadian channels so the cymbalta demigods are taking notice of the mass destruction their so called 'smart-bomb' bullshit poison is wreaking.
hang in there - battle with everything you have to get off this...and stay off this shit.

#41 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I've been Cymbalta - free since May, but still have episodes of withdrawal symptoms too. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the people out there shooting up schools, etc were on Cymbalta. I really think it needs to be looked into..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users