• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mrsboast

Mrsboast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

Does anyone have any experiences of coming off cymbalta during pregnancy? I have been taking it now for about 3 months and it seems to be working. We desperately want another baby and I'm not sure if we should go for it or if I should wait until I'm off the pills. Please help!

#2 freeme2

freeme2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

You can go and look up the class of Cymbalta. But I would try to wean otherwise your baby will go through withdrawals.
Start weaning really slow.

#3 Mrsboast

Mrsboast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

I have looked it up, it's a class c. Which means there hasn't been enough research/testing done to say weather it's harmfully or not. There is do much conflicting advice on the net. I know I should come off them first but it could take years and that might be too late. My husband is 45 x

#4 Nekomi

Nekomi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

I'm new to the forum, and I've been doing research into this myself as well. I've been on Cymbalta for 3 years. While it has helped keep my mood stable, and help with the nerve pain in my lower back... the side effects are really starting to take their toll. I've learned that this medicine along with a lot of other medicines like SNRI's, can cause some serious birth defects. And it's also unknown if it passes through breast milk. I honestly want to be off this medicine by the time my husband and I want to start our family. If withdrawl is this awful for an adult, I can't imagine what it would be like for an infant. From what I've read, it's probably best to come off of it before getting pregnant, and if you can't, try to get off of it safely after the 1st trimester.

#5 roxy5277

roxy5277

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

There are law suits w/ other similar drugs that are suppected to cause birth defects. There isn't enough data on Cymbalta. I would strongly recommend you taper & get off med. before a pregnancy. I'm a nurse, single, not wanting children...but I'm tapering off medication now. That was one of my concerns in the future about the effect on a pregnancy. A co-worker was on different drepression med. & saw law suit on TV concerning this. Her child ended up diagnosed w/ heart problems w/ no family history. The side effects of coming off this drug are horrible...esp. if you stop abruptly. Gradually taper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users