30 replies to this topic

#1 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:
    I recently weaned off Cymbalta, after using it for 2 years for depression. The depression is gone, but now I'm in the withdrawal horrors

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm 41 and a full-time mum to 3 kids. One of my sons has special needs so life can be extra stressful and worrying, but I have a fab husband who is supportive and loving.

I was on Cymbalta 60 mgs for about 2 years.
It was great for my depression, but when my depression resolved I went to my GP (family Dr) with a view to coming off it. He was adamant I stay on it (???) so I came off it myself. This was about 6 months ago.
I tried (and failed) to come off it, so this time around I did my research and weaned off it gradually over about 6 weeks.
I took my last tiny dose 5 days ago.

My withdrawal symptoms this time around are not quite as intense as my first attempt at stopping Cymbalta, but I'm still going through hell and I guess I just want someone (who's been through it) to hear me.
Also, if anyone can suggest anything that might help me I would be forever in your debt.
My symptoms as I write are;

An overwhelming sense of dread (worst symptom)
Brain zaps (manageable)
Diarrhoea (manageable)
Poor appetite (manageable)
Over emotional, to the point of feeling grief-stricken

My thoughts spin way too fast and I mentally fast-forward to the time when my kids will leave home, my friends and family die and I am alone with no meaning in life. I can't seem to control these thoughts and it is as if these events are happening now. I know if I go to my Gp about this, he will just prescribe me something else.

I have prepared for all these symptoms by taking flax seed oil, b vitamins and minerals, cutting down on caffeine and alcohol, getting to the gym when I can (tricky with the kids).

2 questions;
When did these symptoms abate for other survivors?
What helped you through?

Thank you so much for your time xxx

#2 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:
    I recently weaned off Cymbalta, after using it for 2 years for depression. The depression is gone, but now I'm in the withdrawal horrors

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Day 6 off cymbalta

I'm sleeping really well, which is a blessing, but am having vivid dreams. Only some of them are bad, but had a very disturbing "out-of-body" dream just as I was falling off asleep last night.

When I waken, the anxiety doesn't hit me immediately, but within a half hour my stomach was in knots.
I am having to force down a small amount of food, and it's not helped by my continuing diarrhoea. Cymbalta seems to have a major effect on my gut, as I was very constipated while using it, and now my bowel has gone into overdrive.
I feel hungry, but I have huge difficulty swallowing.

I've lost 3 lbs already, but it's not a healthy way to do it.
I have a headache too, which is new (but also my period started yesterday so it could be connected to that)

I took my flax seed oil, vits/mineral complex and antioxidant supplement.

Today is Sunday, and my husband is away for a couple of days. I'm wavering on the edge of going back to my GP as I'm finding the constant anxiety agonizing. Almost paralyzing. When I do force myself to make breakfast for the kids, tidy the house etc I do feel better for it.

I'm going to a health food shop when it opens later to try St John's Wort. I've been using valerian, but tbh it's not helping.

My brain zaps and dizziness are markedly less today, so that's progress. I am also able to continue caring for my family.
Sometimes the anxiety wears off for a few hours at night time, so hopefully I'll get a bit of relief later

xxx

#3 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

Day 7 Cymbalta free

Started taking St John's Wort yesterday. I don't expect it to have any effect yet, but it's good to do something proactive.
Slept well again last night. Felt good waking up, but within minutes my stomach was in knots again.
The headache is gone and the brain zaps and dizziness are definitely lessening. Also the diarrhoea is much less frequent, but maybe that's because I'm not eating much.
The anxiety is overwhelming at times and I really feel like I'm losing my mind. It's almost noon now, and I've tried concentrating on looking after the kids, cleaning the house and doing a little baking. The baking in particular soothed me a little.
I've eaten just a few scraps of pancakes left over from the kid's breakfast, but I'm quite glad to have even managed that. I also took my usual supplements.
I have been talking a little about how I feel to my husband (who will be home in a few hours, can't wait to see him), my sister and my friend L who I accidentally bumped into yesterday. It is lovely to have support, but at the end of the day, no-one can crawl inside my body and make all this dread go away.

On a excellent note though, yesterday evening the anxiety just vanished, almost like magic. It stayed away all evening and I even felt hungry and ate an omlette (I was cooking for my little ones).
Maybe this is how it will go? I am hoping that the anxiety-free times will stretch out longer and longer and eventually replace the anxious hours.
I am drinking lots of water and plan to go to the gym when my husband gets home later. The last thing on earth I want to do right now is go to the gym (what I want is to curl up in a ball). But I will go.

#4 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Day 8 Cymbalta free

Anxiety dreadful since I got up this morning.

I've done a search and it seems that cortisol levels are always higher in the morning. This is made worse by the fact that I can't eat well, and hunger increases cortisol even further.
I'm hoping that if I make an effort to eat something before bed, and have cereal as soon as I get up that it'll help. It's worth a try.
Dizziness and brain zaps completely absent today, so I have to hope that the anxiety will also eventually vanish.

Slept well, took all my supplements, struggled to eat but I had small meals. Also drinking lots of water.

Finding it very hard to do the housework and cook. I've done it, but with difficulty. I don't think my kids notice that I'm struggling, which is a relief.

#5 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

I had to go back to my GP this afternoon. I just can't cope with the anxiety.
I saw a different doctor and she was lovely. Very understanding. The first thing she said was that they are horrible drugs to come off.
She listened to me and said that what I'm experiencing is withdrawal, not return of the depression and that it may last for another 2 weeks. She gave me a PX for Xanax (the smallest dose possible to take when the anxiety gets too much) as a bridge across the withdrawal symptoms. I'm a bit frightened as Xanax is addictive, but I'll use it as sparingly as possible.
I wish I could go to sleep for the next 2 weeks and wake up feeling fine again.

#6 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hang in there. You CAN do this! I am on day 50 something without the poison. I still have a day of bad withdrawals every now and again, but it is not like it was. My doctor gave me10mg Prozac to ease my symptoms. It helped soo much!

#7 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Hang in there. You CAN do this! I am on day 50 something without the poison. I still have a day of bad withdrawals every now and again, but it is not like it was. My doctor gave me10mg Prozac to ease my symptoms. It helped soo much!

Hi Heartfeathers,
It's so good to hear your'e on day 50+!! It's also really good to know I can work my way through it. God bless XXX

#8 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

Day 9 Cymbalta free,

All withdrawal symptoms gone except crippling anxiety (and diarrhoea and loss of appetite, which are most likely secondary to anxiety).
I had a few hours of relief last night after I took Xanax 0.25mgs. I really resisted taking another one this am , but I had to about 1/2 hr ago.

It's a pity I lost my religion (former catholic) as I feel have a faith in a higher power would be a huge comfort.

My husband is home today so it's lovely to have him around. Also my kids are all in good form.

Another step closer to freedom X

#9 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

Day 10 Cymbalta free

Slept great, woke feeling calm, but within 5 minutes the anxiety hit me full force. I can't identify what exact thoughts start the anxiety, it just seems to come out of nowhere.
I have no other nasty physical symptoms (well, except poor appetite and diarrhoea, but I can cope with that).

Forced a little cereal down, took my supplements.

For a few blessed hours yesterday evening I felt like the anxiety was all gone and I felt like myself again. It was amazing to feel like Me. I was really hopeful that this was it....that the Cymbalta Horrors had finally gone, but I'm not quite there yet sadly.

I'm reluctant to take the Xanax my dc prescribed, so I manged to listen to a meditation recording on my iPod (no mean feat with my lovely autistic son jumping on me!). Gotta say, it really helped, and so far the Xanax has stayed in it's packet. I don't want to replace one problem with another.

The anxiety lifted about 7pm last night, so maybe I can look forward to the same this evening?

The agony of this nameless, overwhelming anxiety is hard to put a measure on. It is just torture.

But every day I am one day further away from Cymbalta XXX

#10 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

Day 11 Cymbalta free

I seem to be stuck with the constant anxiety. I can understand fully why people hurt themselves. It's not because they want to die. They just want the pain to stop.

Took Xanax .25mgs this am at 7am. Took my supplements and a small breakfast.
Took my autistic son for a walk (which is a big deal, as he's a bolter) and it was really nice.
That said, it's now noon and I have to take another Xanax.

I've lost a few more lbs (no surprise).

Yesterday was a nightmare. I decided to tough it with with no Xanax and it was torture. I wanted to see if there is a time of day I naturally come out of the horrors. I had a brief few minutes of calm about 4.30pm, but then the nightmare started again. I took Xanax at 7pm last night.

I'm taking my son to the park now while the rain stays away

#11 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

Day 12 Cymbalta free

Usual anxiety horrors this morning.
Took my supplements, a little breakfast and a Xanax .25 mgs
Husband home, so I got out for a 3 mile walk. I'm feeling a little better as I write.

Last night the anxiety lifted at about 8pm. I had 2 glasses of wine...not usually recommended, but I also watched a few funny panel shows I love so I was actually in great form. It was lovely to feel happy.

I got a lovely message from a mum yesterday who is now 2 months off lexapro. She really encouraged me to hang in there. She suffered very similar withdrawal symptoms and hers are all completely gone now. She said the worst of them were over in a month.

So I will soldier on. I'm so glad I have an amazing husband x

#12 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

Day 14 Cymbalta free

My days seem to have established a regular pattern.

Morning intense anxiety.
The diarrhoea is still there, but my appetite is slowly re-emerging, so that's a good sign that things are improving :rolleyes:
Most mornings I will take Xanax 0.25 mgs with my breakfast and my supplements.
I continue to sleep well at night and I am starting to enjoy food again.

The anxiety appears to lessen as the day goes on, and often by the evening I feel happy and calm.
I'm beginning to allow myself a little cautious optimism that I can do this.

I'm a little worried that the depression is re-emerging, as I sometimes have horrible, intrusive thoughts about the lines of "what's the point in anything because we're all going to die in the end". I find these thoughts very frightening. I'm hoping they are just part of the withdrawal process though.
XXX

#13 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

Day 16 Cymbalta free

Same old same old.

Intense anxiety for most of the day, which usually resolves by 7 or 8pm.
I'm taking Xanax 0.25mgs each morning and occasionally need another one later in the day.
I'm continuing to take all my supplements and I'm sleeping well.
I've added 100% Mg, calcium and zinc to help with the anxiety.

My mood is a little depressed during the day and I'm prone to ruminations and catasrophising events that have never happened.
I've taken up knitting again as it sems it engages the right side of the brain and helps stop rumination.

One more day free.
I just wish the anxiety would go away

#14 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

Day 18 Cymbalta free

I had a breakthrough yesterday.
The reason I am in such deep emotional pain is that now I am free of Cymbalta to experience it.

Every fibre of my being want to run back screaming to medication to stop this agony, but I have to stay with it because the pain is trying to tell me something.

Much as it kills me to admit it, my pain and depression stems from my dreadful fear that I will fail my special needs son. His needs are so great and the horror that I could do something wrong and damage him paralyses me. I have such trouble admitting this because I don't want to blame him. I don't blame him. I adore him.

Taking Cymbalta buffered me from this pain, but the pain, horrible as it is, is directing me to engage more fully with my son.

I locked myself in my bedroom for an hour yesterday and cried like I haven't cried in about 20 years. I have always been conditioned to not show my emotions so this was a hard thing for me to do. The tears are still here, as is the anxiety, but today I have a name for it.

And maybe the edges of the huge block of pain in my stomach is starting to soften at the edges just a little.

#15 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Day 19.
Absolute hell.
The anxiety is back, and the old depression is creeping in with it.
I'm beginning to think my symptoms are no longer part of the withdrawal from Cymbalta, but a return of the symptoms that put me on it in the first place.
It's a bank holiday weekend, so I'll just have to stick it out another while. I'll need to go back to my GP next week. There is no pleasure, joy, motivation...nothing but pain and terror. I just can't go on like this

#16 smeagol

smeagol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

K,

Thank you very much for giving us hope!!!

I am tossing 7 beads out of a 30mg capsule everyday now and I have 7 days left to come off this evil. Like LazyDaizy, I started to suffer from the creeping back anxiety several days ago. (I was put on Cymbalta for my anxiety). Your article is with truly help and encouraging info. I now have tense and painful muscle (left chest), anxiety, headache, etc. I have to take a 0.5mg Ativan to cope with the symptoms.

BTW, LazyDaizy, how are you doing? Hope you are getting better.

Smeagol

#17 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hi Spheck and Smeagol,

That article was like throwing me a lifeline. Thank you so much.
You addressed a fear I have that the way I'm feeling now is the Real Me emerging, and not the withdrawal symptoms.
I'm now 3 weeks free from Cymbalta.
And I'm coping.
I'm so profoundly glad I have the support of my husband and my online pilgrims to pull me through. I would have been back on them 2 weeks ago if I was alone.

The anxiety is mostly confined to the early part of the day and I'm finding that plain old deep breathing and breath counting really helps. What kicks it to the curb for me is exercise though. I can cope as I know I will get some relief from the anxiety, even for a few hours.

It's s worth the pain, to feel all the good stuff.
Baby steps, but it's all progress.

Thank you again. XXX

#18 smeagol

smeagol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

Hi Spheck and Smeagol,

That article was like throwing me a lifeline. Thank you so much.
You addressed a fear I have that the way I'm feeling now is the Real Me emerging, and not the withdrawal symptoms.
I'm now 3 weeks free from Cymbalta.
And I'm coping.
I'm so profoundly glad I have the support of my husband and my online pilgrims to pull me through. I would have been back on them 2 weeks ago if I was alone.

The anxiety is mostly confined to the early part of the day and I'm finding that plain old deep breathing and breath counting really helps. What kicks it to the curb for me is exercise though. I can cope as I know I will get some relief from the anxiety, even for a few hours.

It's s worth the pain, to feel all the good stuff.
Baby steps, but it's all progress.

Thank you again. XXX

Hi LazyDaizy,

So glad to hear that your anxiety is getting better. I am now holding on 6mg as the anxiety is creeping back, though I don't know it is my original problem (I don't think so) or caused by the weaning. I am trying my best to exercise everyday. I have to take an escape 0.5mg Ativan for a relief in the late afternoon this week.

I will step out for today's running now. All my best wishes for you.

Smeagol

#19 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

Day 24 Cymbalta free

Still taking supplements, getting as much exercise and sunlight as I can manage.

I seem to be emerging from the worst of it. (I'm almost scared to get too hopeful though as I'm at the mercy of anxiety blind-siding me.)
I'm still anxious in the mornings, but I haven't taken Xanax in 4 or 5 days now.

When the anxiety hits I use the CBT/mindfulness method of allowing myself to observe and feel the pain, instead of fighting it. It's not comfortable, and doesn't feel natural at first, but it does seem to be helping me cope with the bad patches.

I also try to make plans for when I anticipate a bad time...for example, this morning I plan to take my kids swimming even though I don't feel too good. I pick something I know I can manage, and it's literally a case of putting one foot in front of the other until the anxiety settles.

It really has become a case of 'Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway'
XXX

#20 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Oh God who am I kidding???
Had the worst day ever. Depressed, over emotional, hopeless, anxious. I just can't do this anymore.
Made an appt to see my Dr tomorrow

#21 smeagol

smeagol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Oh God who am I kidding???
Had the worst day ever. Depressed, over emotional, hopeless, anxious. I just can't do this anymore.
Made an appt to see my Dr tomorrow

I am having a bad day as well: https://www.cymbalta...tting-the-wall/

My psychiatrist proposed me switch to Lexapro or Remeron, I said no.

#22 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

Day 26 Cymbalta free

Saw my Dr yesterday and discussed how hard I'm struggling.
She encouraged me to give it another 3 weeks until the kids go back to school (when I can do more exercise/yoga/start CBT). She said the anxiety is not part of the withdrawal, but is part of my original problem, and that I'm killing myself trying to cope with things that are "uncopable".

She said that if we exhaust all other avenues, then we can re-consider meds, but NEVER snri's again.

So it's all baby steps XXX

#23 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Day 26 Cymbalta free

Saw my Dr yesterday and discussed how hard I'm struggling.
She encouraged me to give it another 3 weeks until the kids go back to school (when I can do more exercise/yoga/start CBT). She said the anxiety is not part of the withdrawal, but is part of my original problem, and that I'm killing myself trying to cope with things that are "uncopable".

She said that if we exhaust all other avenues, then we can re-consider meds, but NEVER snri's again.

So it's all baby steps XXX

Congratulations on making it through 26 days. I think the fact that you made it that far speaks wonders about your spirit and character. I know it's easy to fear failing, especially someone that we love but I have to tell you, I'd love to have you in my corner any time! I finally realized that my body was trying to tell me something too and I've been working with co-worker who does yoga and meditation on the side. She helps me with meditation and I leave the sessions feeling like I've uncovered some sources of stress and leave with a sense of clarity and almost a mental to-do list. Although I'm still going through the withdrawal hell, working with her has helped me more than the cymbalta ever did. She gave me the website irest.us for times that we are unable to work together. I usually just use the free sample on the site. The guided meditation takes my anxiety down a lot. It might not be for you, but it really helped me. I'm a rugby playing, krav maga taking "tough girl" and never thought meditation was for me but it really has helped. Exercise is the other thing getting me through the days. It's weird that turning my head causes vertigo and zaps but an hour of intense exercise makes me feel ALMOST normal, if only for that hour.

I tried valarian root too. Not sure if it helped or not but that stuff smells TERRIBLE!!!!!

I'm only on day 3 of 0mg so I have a long way to go but please stay strong. Just from reading your story, I think you are amazing! :)

#24 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

Congratulations on making it through 26 days. I think the fact that you made it that far speaks wonders about your spirit and character. I know it's easy to fear failing, especially someone that we love but I have to tell you, I'd love to have you in my corner any time! I finally realized that my body was trying to tell me something too and I've been working with co-worker who does yoga and meditation on the side. She helps me with meditation and I leave the sessions feeling like I've uncovered some sources of stress and leave with a sense of clarity and almost a mental to-do list. Although I'm still going through the withdrawal hell, working with her has helped me more than the cymbalta ever did. She gave me the website irest.us for times that we are unable to work together. I usually just use the free sample on the site. The guided meditation takes my anxiety down a lot. It might not be for you, but it really helped me. I'm a rugby playing, krav maga taking "tough girl" and never thought meditation was for me but it really has helped. Exercise is the other thing getting me through the days. It's weird that turning my head causes vertigo and zaps but an hour of intense exercise makes me feel ALMOST normal, if only for that hour.

I tried valarian root too. Not sure if it helped or not but that stuff smells TERRIBLE!!!!!

I'm only on day 3 of 0mg so I have a long way to go but please stay strong. Just from reading your story, I think you are amazing! :)

Thank you so much, stubborn, for your kindness. You've helped me out of a black hole this morning. People sometimes tell me I'm far too hard on myself, which probably isn't helpful to my anxiety! I will check out the link you included XXX

#25 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

30 days Cymbalta free

Since yesterday afternoon I have the sense that the awful, horrible anxiety has lifted.

I can't quite believe that I feel like myself again.
B)

I still feel an echo of the anxiety and the low mood, but nothing like the horror of the last month. I can eat, I feel motivated, I'm making plans.

Looking after my mental health is a work in progress, but it is something I will never take for granted again XXX

#26 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

30 days Cymbalta free

Since yesterday afternoon I have the sense that the awful, horrible anxiety has lifted.

I can't quite believe that I feel like myself again.
B)

I still feel an echo of the anxiety and the low mood, but nothing like the horror of the last month. I can eat, I feel motivated, I'm making plans.

Looking after my mental health is a work in progress, but it is something I will never take for granted again XXX

So glad to hear it!!! Sounds like you've kicked cymbalta in the butt! So proud of you!!!! Hope you continue to feel better every day!

Karen

#27 FibroLady

FibroLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

I only signed up today for this site, because I too want to get off of Cymbalta. Reading your story was both scary & hopeful for me. My problem is that I work, and, I can't feel horrible for 30 days! This was the scary part for me.

I'm so happy for you to start to feel like your old self. I'm hoping that for myself as well. Keep it up. You've come toooooo far to go back now! I applaude you for sticking to it!

#28 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

I only signed up today for this site, because I too want to get off of Cymbalta. Reading your story was both scary & hopeful for me. My problem is that I work, and, I can't feel horrible for 30 days! This was the scary part for me.

I'm so happy for you to start to feel like your old self. I'm hoping that for myself as well. Keep it up. You've come toooooo far to go back now! I applaude you for sticking to it!

Thank you so much fibrolady,
I gotta say, it's tough.
I'm being exposed to a whole new level of emotion that was previously buffered my medication.
It's painful and scary, but I know it's the truth.
I hope you are doing well XXX

#29 smeagol

smeagol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Thank you so much fibrolady,
I gotta say, it's tough.
I'm being exposed to a whole new level of emotion that was previously buffered my medication.
It's painful and scary, but I know it's the truth.
I hope you are doing well XXX

Hi Lazydaizy,

How are you? Hope you are getting better.

I am down to 7 beads out of a 30mg capsule tonight. Which means nothing. I am goanna totally stop it the day after.

I am suffering from shaking/tremor, brain fog, sleepiness and dizziness this week. I have to take a 0.5mg Ativan to control the shaking in the late afternoon these days.

It is tough!

Smeagol

#30 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hiya. You're doing really well. At this stage you're probably right just to quit and to soldier on through. It really can't get any worse, only better.
I'm doing OK, but the anxiety is still with me.
I've been to see my Dr a few times and she's really encouraging. I started counselling early this week. It's tough, but good, if that makes any sense. I was exhausted after it but I'm starting to look at things in a slightly different way already. We have to go through all the "talk" therapy first before we start the CBT, but at this stage I'm used to the fact that there is no easy route to take.
It is so nice that yo thought of me.
I haven't logged on here for a while as I'm concentrating on getting through each day (and each hour) as it comes, but all best wishes to you.
It's hard to accept that there may be no end to this anxiety, but I think I will come to prefer it to being out-of-touch on medication.
Please keep in touch XXX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users