68 replies to this topic

#1 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

I started C in August of 2010, started with 30 mg, moved up to 60 mg. It really helped with the fibro, but as time went on, I felt less and less like myself, started to notice some weight gain, insomnia, increased compulsive behavior and just an overall cloudy feeling that I didn't want to deal with anymore. I talked to my doctor and we agreed that stopping was a good idea. My doc put me on a tapering schedule. 60mg to
30 mg sucked pretty bad, after two weeks I kind of stabilized and was supposed to go to every other day. I did that for two weeks and went on a major withdrawal rollar coaster. Zaps, sweating, chills, migraines, nausea and just generally feeling like hell. I asked my doc about a prescription for 20 mg pills and he seemed annoyed but I convinced him. 30 mg - 20 mg sucked worse for some reason, same symptoms but add irritability, difficulty speaking (it was hard to put my thoughts into words without sounding like a confused moron). Tomorrow I'm going to 0 mg. I am terrified. I stocked up on omega 3, dramamine, benadryl and some other stuff that may be helpful. I am a single mom in the military and my ex husband is here to visit the kids (5 and 2) so now is the time. I have found that exercise really helps, it's hard to get started with the nausea, dizziness (I forgot to mention that earlier) and the general feeling of crap but if I can get started I normally feel better (despite excessive sweating) for a while. I want to say that once the endorphines wear off I start to feel like crap again. 20 mg to 0 mg is going to suck, and it's going to suck bad but here goes nothing! The pain that I experienced from fibromyalgia is increasing, so apparently it was helping but I don't care. I want to be free from this crap. I want my personality and my life back. I want to feel well again. I've had anxiety issues in the past but no depression other than acute depression from grieving, life events etc. I'm wondering if anyone taking this for reasons other than depression experienced depression with withdrawal and if there is any way to catch the signs before it gets to the point of suicidal thoughts. I'm just scared. Thank you!

In the subject line I said 30 to 0, meant 20 to 0

#2 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

Add sore throat and fever. This really sucks!!!! Or, maybe I'm getting the flu ... in August

#3 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:
    I recently weaned off Cymbalta, after using it for 2 years for depression. The depression is gone, but now I'm in the withdrawal horrors

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

Exercise really does help. It doesn't "cure" what you're going through but makes it a little more manageable.
It took me 3 weeks to come through the withdrawal, and it was hell. I really believed it would never stop.

Now I have to deal with my re-emerging anxiety. It's a horrible thing to live with, but I want to avoid needing meds to treat it. My Dr has recommended cognitive behavioural therapy, which I will get into when the kids go back to school in Sept.

You are clearly a strong woman...single mum, military, but you're not superwoman. (this is where I fall down...I think I should be able to cope with everything).

I wish you well. I know you will get through the withdrawal. Anyone can if I did it. Just be prepared for old symptoms returning and try to have a plan for dealing with them when/if they do.

Keep the faith XXX

#4 mick

mick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

I feel like the medication eliminates all ambition. Is this the reason you want to go off? I am wondering because it takes a lot of will to face the withdrawal symptoms and not just continue taking C. This medication seems like it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

#5 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:
    "where i was born, and where and how i have lived is unimportant ~ it is what i have done with where i have been that should be of interest."

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

i'm sorry to say @stubborn47 but you are not unique in your pain..but that IZ a good thing = YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
when i was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia - i went straight to the healthfood store and bought (at that time the only real book i could find on it: "Alive's diet booklet for managing fibromyalgia &chronic fatigue syndrome", and i have to say that it really improved my quality of life - tho it was brutal to do {For me!!} i began by just eliminating "some" of the culprit foods as i did not want to become discouraged because i was eliminating the bulk of foods i was 'raised' on = good farm fresh/grown foods aka:lots of red meat.
i also wanted to 'test' to see if eliminating certain foods was really going to help at all so i slowly eased in to it, and over the period of a year b4 i realized i was becoming a vegan. i stayed that way for almost a year, but then went to practicing vegetarianism (i REally missed and CRAVED my eggs!) so for almost 3 years i was able to successfully stick to "the diet" and i was able to actually live comfortably and even perform close to my peak. it did make a huge difference for me and my life = IN ALL WAYS ie: physical, mental, relational. Bar none the diet was the best way to better understand and manage fibromyalgia, and it sure helped me to understand better exactly how much our food intake truly affects us. i understand this with horses and dogs...any animal - so why it took so damn long for me to do it for myself - well that's another story!
through out the course of life i have of slipped back to many of my comfort foods ie: steak, meat etc.
and i have again lost my ability to make good decisions = how i came to be on this poison-cymbalta as i so wanted to just escape the constant pain. so even tho this site/forum was here = i never googled etc. because i was riddled with the pain and subsequent depression that clouds our ability to think clearly and make informed decisions.
you have come to the right place as here you will find copius others experiencing EXACTLY what you have/are, so keep sharing and caring...and others will come and do the same.

#6 Teresa

Teresa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

I have been on C for over 3 years. This is not the first time I have tapered down to 0. I was on 60mg for a year, and after talking to Dr. we decided to wean off. I went to 30mg for a week, then 30mg every other day for a week, and finally down to 0 3 days ago. I am having "brain shivers" and strange ear ringing type sensations where my eyes seem to wiggle, and TONS of body aches and pains that C has masked for the past few years. Most horrid is my EATING! I can't STOP!! I bet I have gained 5 pounds in just the past 3 days. Good news is...I am "in the mood" for the first time in years!! :)

I just hated the "flat" feeling I was experiencing with C. I hardly laughed, never cried or showed any emotion. However, my anxiety and irritability are WAY UP since weaning, and I don't like those emotions.

I may have to get back on something. I teach, and just have 2 more weeks before school starts. I pray the big symptoms are under control by then.

#7 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

I feel like the medication eliminates all ambition. Is this the reason you want to go off? I am wondering because it takes a lot of will to face the withdrawal symptoms and not just continue taking C. This medication seems like it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

That was one of the reasons that I chose to stop Cymbalta. I had some of the side effects, and felt like I wasn't really able to "feel". It is very hard to describe but I just didn't feel right. After two years, I feel like I have learned a lot about managing the fibromyalgia. I wish I could describe how I felt after taking it for two years.

Day one at 0 mg. It's been rough. I'm fairly certain the worst is still ahead of me. My withdrawal seems to peak in the late afternoon and evening. I had the same experience while tapering down.

#8 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

I have been on C for over 3 years. This is not the first time I have tapered down to 0. I was on 60mg for a year, and after talking to Dr. we decided to wean off. I went to 30mg for a week, then 30mg every other day for a week, and finally down to 0 3 days ago. I am having "brain shivers" and strange ear ringing type sensations where my eyes seem to wiggle, and TONS of body aches and pains that C has masked for the past few years. Most horrid is my EATING! I can't STOP!! I bet I have gained 5 pounds in just the past 3 days. Good news is...I am "in the mood" for the first time in years!! :)

I just hated the "flat" feeling I was experiencing with C. I hardly laughed, never cried or showed any emotion. However, my anxiety and irritability are WAY UP since weaning, and I don't like those emotions.

I may have to get back on something. I teach, and just have 2 more weeks before school starts. I pray the big symptoms are under control by then.

I think 'flat" is the word I was looking for. I hated that. My anxiety and irritability are up as well. I'm not a fan. Luckily, I have not lost any patience with my children so far. I'm hoping I can continue that. I mostly feel rage while driving or dealing with large crowds. I also have the aches and pains, but I went the opposite way as far as eating. I don't really feel like eating. I eat anyway, but for now, I'm not really enjoying eating and I LOVE food!

Good luck to you. I'm very grateful that I found this site. I hate that others are going through this but it's nice not to feel alone.

#9 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

i'm sorry to say @stubborn47 but you are not unique in your pain..but that IZ a good thing = YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
when i was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia - i went straight to the healthfood store and bought (at that time the only real book i could find on it: "Alive's diet booklet for managing fibromyalgia &chronic fatigue syndrome", and i have to say that it really improved my quality of life - tho it was brutal to do {For me!!} i began by just eliminating "some" of the culprit foods as i did not want to become discouraged because i was eliminating the bulk of foods i was 'raised' on = good farm fresh/grown foods aka:lots of red meat.
i also wanted to 'test' to see if eliminating certain foods was really going to help at all so i slowly eased in to it, and over the period of a year b4 i realized i was becoming a vegan. i stayed that way for almost a year, but then went to practicing vegetarianism (i REally missed and CRAVED my eggs!) so for almost 3 years i was able to successfully stick to "the diet" and i was able to actually live comfortably and even perform close to my peak. it did make a huge difference for me and my life = IN ALL WAYS ie: physical, mental, relational. Bar none the diet was the best way to better understand and manage fibromyalgia, and it sure helped me to understand better exactly how much our food intake truly affects us. i understand this with horses and dogs...any animal - so why it took so damn long for me to do it for myself - well that's another story!
through out the course of life i have of slipped back to many of my comfort foods ie: steak, meat etc.
and i have again lost my ability to make good decisions = how i came to be on this poison-cymbalta as i so wanted to just escape the constant pain. so even tho this site/forum was here = i never googled etc. because i was riddled with the pain and subsequent depression that clouds our ability to think clearly and make informed decisions.
you have come to the right place as here you will find copius others experiencing EXACTLY what you have/are, so keep sharing and caring...and others will come and do the same.

Nutrition is one of my interests/hobbies so I would definitely like to read the book. I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years, but I'm sure there are some things that I eat that aren't helping. I wish I had done more research like you did before taking the Cymbalta but I definitely learned a valuable lesson. Thank you for the info and I will definitely look into the diet aspect.

#10 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Exercise really does help. It doesn't "cure" what you're going through but makes it a little more manageable.
It took me 3 weeks to come through the withdrawal, and it was hell. I really believed it would never stop.

Now I have to deal with my re-emerging anxiety. It's a horrible thing to live with, but I want to avoid needing meds to treat it. My Dr has recommended cognitive behavioural therapy, which I will get into when the kids go back to school in Sept.

You are clearly a strong woman...single mum, military, but you're not superwoman. (this is where I fall down...I think I should be able to cope with everything).

I wish you well. I know you will get through the withdrawal. Anyone can if I did it. Just be prepared for old symptoms returning and try to have a plan for dealing with them when/if they do.

Keep the faith XXX

Thank you for the kind words! Although I took the medication for fibro, I tend to struggle with anxiety and I have felt it creeping back since the tapering period. Congratulations on getting through the withdrawals. It gives me some hope!

Take care and thank you again!

#11 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Thank you so much for the replies! Those actually help a lot too! Day 1 on 0 mg is almost over. I know it's only one day but I am relieved I have one down. It was miserable but I am still here! Luckily, from reading other's experiences, i am aware that it will get worse before it gets better. Best wishes to everyone and thanks again!

#12 becki

becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

I also have been taking C for almost 5 years for fibro. I just took my last dose 2 days ago, after slowly weaning for almost 4 months.
I'm in a lot of pain, but I don't think it's the fibro, I think it's just withdrawing symptoms. And I"m SOOOO short tempered. With a husband and 3 kids, I"m having a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I do best to just go in my room and close the door.
I also can't think straight, or make right sentences. So if this is rambling.....just blame the withdrawal!
I appreciate reading about the different diets you all have tried, especially for the fibro. I have been doing a lot of research on the Paleo diet, and it seems like it might help with the pain I suffer from from the fibro. I"m willing to try anything, except no more drugs!
Thanks for letting me ramble. My husband has been understanding, but really, no one else "gets it", that haven't lived through this hell.

#13 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I also have been taking C for almost 5 years for fibro. I just took my last dose 2 days ago, after slowly weaning for almost 4 months.
I'm in a lot of pain, but I don't think it's the fibro, I think it's just withdrawing symptoms. And I"m SOOOO short tempered. With a husband and 3 kids, I"m having a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I do best to just go in my room and close the door.
I also can't think straight, or make right sentences. So if this is rambling.....just blame the withdrawal!
I appreciate reading about the different diets you all have tried, especially for the fibro. I have been doing a lot of research on the Paleo diet, and it seems like it might help with the pain I suffer from from the fibro. I"m willing to try anything, except no more drugs!
Thanks for letting me ramble. My husband has been understanding, but really, no one else "gets it", that haven't lived through this hell.

I agree, I don't think it's the fibro either. It seems to peak when my withdrawal symptoms peak. I have my ex husband, two kids and ex mother in law in my house right now (long story). I went on such a crazy psycho cleaning rampage they were all hiding upstairs. I wasn't mean to anyone but I think the cleaning scared them :) I get agitated pretty easily right now too. Ramble away! I'm so happy that I found this site!

Best wishes, we got this!!! NO MORE DRUGS!!!!!

#14 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

So day 2. I had/have a lot more zapping today. It's starts in my head then continues down. I also feel like my tongue and part of my mouth is not quite, but almost numb. I feel really really weird. I really don't like this.

#15 becki

becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Stubborn, hang in there.
Day 3 for me. Trying to just hide in my bedroom all day today. Everything and everyone makes me MAD.
Im scared for tomorrow when husband goes back to work and I have to deal with house and kids

#16 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Stubborn, hang in there.
Day 3 for me. Trying to just hide in my bedroom all day today. Everything and everyone makes me MAD.
Im scared for tomorrow when husband goes back to work and I have to deal with house and kids

You too! For some reason strangers make me mad, I haven't been mad at my family yet. I wish you all the best tomorrow. That's a huge step, going through this alone. You can do it! You've made it this far!

#17 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

So after freaking out and constant zaps, feeling like I was either having a stroke or freaking out, the edge is off a little. I'm sure I can expect the same (or worse) tomorrow but for now, I made it through today. My normal emotion is starting to come back and that gives me the hope to continue this withdrawal hell. I researched ahead but was not prepared for what I experienced tonight. Again, so glad I found this site. Best wishes to everyone else going through cymbalta withdrawal hell and total admiration to those who made it to the other side.

#18 becki

becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

stubborn, how are you feeling today?
I made it to the gym and worked out for an hour this morning, felt good. But then the dizziness hit. I can't move my head, or my eyeballs, without everything going out of balance for me. I was a little scared driving home.
I"m not quite as angry today, i'm sure my kids are thankful for that! :)
Day 4 with no cymbalta in me! I'm gonna make it.
Hope you're doing ok today.

#19 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

stubborn, how are you feeling today?
I made it to the gym and worked out for an hour this morning, felt good. But then the dizziness hit. I can't move my head, or my eyeballs, without everything going out of balance for me. I was a little scared driving home.
I"m not quite as angry today, i'm sure my kids are thankful for that! :)
Day 4 with no cymbalta in me! I'm gonna make it.
Hope you're doing ok today.

It sounds like you are doing better! I'm so glad to hear it. Today was the first day I woke up with really bad zaps and balance etc, until today that stuff kicked in around lunchtime for me. I also went to the gym, I did a bag class at the krav maga gym and it really helped. The dizziness returned for me afterwards too and I also had a rough drive home. My road rage is off the hook too! I'd say the worst is the dizziness and zaps for me today though. I was embarrassed but had to explain to a few people at work what was going on, I kind of looked like I was drunk at work and that's no good. I'm in the military so if someone suspected that I was drunk at work ...

I hope you continue to do better! I have no doubt that you will make it. I'm one day behind you, not turning back!!!!!

#20 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

So I have to say that exercise helped A LOT today. Not just going for a walk, but kick you in the a$$ heart pumping working out. I also think it helped that my workout included beating the ever living crap out of a punching bag :) I still feel like utter and complete crap, but during and for a while after the exercise, it let up almost to the point of manageable. It was incredibly hard to talk myself into going, I was afraid that the movement would make the zaps worse and my balance would be even more off, but it really and truly helped.

#21 becki

becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Yes, my hour of working out hard is about the only good part of my day. I'm trying to get my kids schedules on my calendar and straight in my head (3 kids, all in different activities). My head is spinning. Help!

#22 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Yes, my hour of working out hard is about the only good part of my day. I'm trying to get my kids schedules on my calendar and straight in my head (3 kids, all in different activities). My head is spinning. Help!

Hang in there!!!!! I'm a horrible disorganized mess right now. I have two small kiddos (single mom) so I purposely timed this so the worst would happen while my ex husband was here visiting them. I was afraid I would forget to feed them or something. I have PT in the morning so I'm going to run like crazy until someone tells me to get my butt to work!!!!!!! Are you having migraines with this? I keep getting them, I know it's the withdrawal, I was hoping to find something that helped trigger but they seem to be completely random.

Keep on fighting!!!!!!!

#23 Teresa

Teresa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

I "think" this is about day 5 without...maybe day 4...but, this has been the worst. I feel like my pelvic bones are going to break...eye balls are rolling and zapping...I am on EDGE to the point that my children are SCARED!! Plus, I am still wanting to eat everything in sight!!!

Dr. is seeing me tomorrow. In less than 2 weeks, I will be back in the classroom and I don't think I can handle 8th graders in the shape I am in!!

How long will this last? Do I try to get on something else? I am so irritable, but yet, I have these extreme moments of normality that slip in between the angry flashes!!

:( Teresa

#24 becki

becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Teresa, hang in there. You are not alone, we are all going through this too. For me, it helps to know this is "normal".
Stubborn....how are you? We are one day closer! I can't get to the gym this morning, with kids schedules. I'll take the dog for a walk/run, at least it's something and gets me moving. No migraines for me, but always this dull headache.
Day 5 of being completely cymbalta free. Still dizzy, and of course the diarhea. I call it my weight loss plan. Have to find humor somehow right.
Have a good day.....we are one day further from this hell!

#25 Lazydaizy

Lazydaizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • why_joining:
    I recently weaned off Cymbalta, after using it for 2 years for depression. The depression is gone, but now I'm in the withdrawal horrors

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

Stubborn, becki, teresa,

Just to let you know I'm thinking about you all and wishing you well.

I'm almost a month Cymbalta free now and I have a new found respect for myself that I had the strength to get this far.
I tried and failed to get off it before, but this time, even if I fail again, at least I'll fail better :)

I'm trying to accept the emotional pain and the panic, and to learn to listen to my body.

I feel like I've turned a corner today. It's the first time I've felt motivated, energetic and purposeful since I stopped the ADs. Long may it last.

All my positive wishes to you XXX

#26 smeagol

smeagol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Stubborn, becki, teresa,

Just to let you know I'm thinking about you all and wishing you well.

I'm almost a month Cymbalta free now and I have a new found respect for myself that I had the strength to get this far.
I tried and failed to get off it before, but this time, even if I fail again, at least I'll fail better :)

I'm trying to accept the emotional pain and the panic, and to learn to listen to my body.

I feel like I've turned a corner today. It's the first time I've felt motivated, energetic and purposeful since I stopped the ADs. Long may it last.

All my positive wishes to you XXX

Hi LazyDaizy,

I am thinking about you:-)

I am suffering from the headache and tremor for 2 weeks, and I am still taking approximately 5+mg Cymbalta. I don't know how long this anxiety-like symptoms will last.

Wish you all the better.

#27 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

I "think" this is about day 5 without...maybe day 4...but, this has been the worst. I feel like my pelvic bones are going to break...eye balls are rolling and zapping...I am on EDGE to the point that my children are SCARED!! Plus, I am still wanting to eat everything in sight!!!

Dr. is seeing me tomorrow. In less than 2 weeks, I will be back in the classroom and I don't think I can handle 8th graders in the shape I am in!!

How long will this last? Do I try to get on something else? I am so irritable, but yet, I have these extreme moments of normality that slip in between the angry flashes!!

:( Teresa

I think it's different for everyone, but hopefully it will let up some soon. It's a completely personal decision as to whether to go on something else. I've heard good things about prozac getting people through the withdrawal but I don't know what it's like to come off prozac. Since it has a much longer half-life, it might not be anywhere near this bad.

Hang in there!!!!! If the doc is willing to give you something to get you through and it helps ... you still beat cymbalta. Hope you feel better!!!!!

#28 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hi LazyDaizy,

I am thinking about you:-)

I am suffering from the headache and tremor for 2 weeks, and I am still taking approximately 5+mg Cymbalta. I don't know how long this anxiety-like symptoms will last.

Wish you all the better.

I'm so glad to hear! Sounds like you are having a "good day". Good is a relative term coming off this stuff. I hope your days get better and better from now on!

#29 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Teresa, hang in there. You are not alone, we are all going through this too. For me, it helps to know this is "normal".
Stubborn....how are you? We are one day closer! I can't get to the gym this morning, with kids schedules. I'll take the dog for a walk/run, at least it's something and gets me moving. No migraines for me, but always this dull headache.
Day 5 of being completely cymbalta free. Still dizzy, and of course the diarhea. I call it my weight loss plan. Have to find humor somehow right.
Have a good day.....we are one day further from this hell!

I missed the gym this morning too. I had a horrible migraine and had to take some motrin and lie there until I felt like I could move. I feel pretty rough now so I'm about to go to the gym now and hope it makes me feel better. The zaps are pretty brutal today but I don't feel as dizzy. I don't feel depressed, just maybe like I have "heightened emotion". Sad makes me sadder, funny makes me laugh harder and idiot drivers ... well, they make me INSANE!!!! I think I've mentioned this before but when the zaps get really bad I feel like my tongue and part of my mouth are numb.

Humor definitely helps. Humor gets me through a lot in life! Keep on keepin' on and I hope day 6 is better!!!!!

#30 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Okay, so I'm having a bad night. I'm sorry to bitch but it helps to vent sometimes. I went running at the gym and felt great. I felt human and didn't want to stop. They have a room at the base gym where parents can work out and the kids have a play area with toys. Maybe I need to just take a few sleeping bags and stay at the gym. About an hour later I got a lot of my old aches and pains back, times 100. The pain in my back is excruciating, I have a migraine and I feel really really agitated. My brain is zapping like crazy and I have the really bad vertigo. My belly doesn't feel good either. Somehow, I managed to be awarded an adult human in my divorce. That's right, my ex mother in law follows me and "can't find an apartment" and has lived in my house since June. She eats my food, drinks my coffee, makes messes, pees on my stuff, you name it. She completely undermines my parenting decisions and feeds them horrible crap like donuts, fried baloney etc after I AND my ex-husband have repeatedly asked her not to. It's like having a teenage daughter, she makes it out like she's helping me by watching the kids while I'm at work but she's more expensive than day care and at least in daycare they wouldn't be sitting on the couch doing nothing all damn day. She thought I was at work this morning and I found her in my bed, IN MY BED, it's my bed. I come home every day after working, just want to play with my kids and have to clean up the disaster she's made of my kitchen. GRRRRRRRRRR! Anyway, that is the focus of my rage tonight. I want to tell her to get the eff out of my house. I'm a little OCD but again, it's MY HOUSE! Thank you, as always, for listening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users