68 replies to this topic

#61 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

No, I didn't get your get PM. send it again?
Sorry to hear everything hitting at once, not what you need right now.
My moods are really weird, either really high, or really irritable. And they change in a heartbeat. But I actually feel some JOY....its a word that just keeps coming to me, and I think its something I haven't felt for a very long time. And I have energy. Real energy.
I'm so afraid to get my hopes up...but I think its gonna get better!

I replied to yours and sent you another one. Hmmmmmm, I'll try again :) I feel horrible saying this but I feel pretty normal today. Some agitation and a little electricity, but today was the first day I wasn't constantly aware of the withdrawal symptoms. I'm sure I have more tough days ahead but I sure appreciated the hell out of today! I checked out another preschool for the kids, they probably thought I was nuts because seeing how happy the kids were made me smile like a lunatic. Oh well, better a happy lunatic than a miserable one!

The most stressful situation in my life is about to resolve. It will be a $hit storm at first but such a load off, I'm getting my life back. So excited!!!!!!!!!

The agitated feelings seem to linger on. But like you said, some joy!!!!! So much better than numb!

#62 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

No, I didn't get your get PM. send it again?
Sorry to hear everything hitting at once, not what you need right now.
My moods are really weird, either really high, or really irritable. And they change in a heartbeat. But I actually feel some JOY....its a word that just keeps coming to me, and I think its something I haven't felt for a very long time. And I have energy. Real energy.
I'm so afraid to get my hopes up...but I think its gonna get better!

And I'm sure you've noticed but the more I use the energy when it comes, the better I feel! We beat the crap out of each other at Krav Maga today, it was awesome! I had a really great time! (protective gear, not really trying to inflict harm :)

#63 becki

becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

I replied to yours and sent you another one. Hmmmmmm, I'll try again :) I feel horrible saying this but I feel pretty normal today. Some agitation and a little electricity, but today was the first day I wasn't constantly aware of the withdrawal symptoms. I'm sure I have more tough days ahead but I sure appreciated the hell out of today! I checked out another preschool for the kids, they probably thought I was nuts because seeing how happy the kids were made me smile like a lunatic. Oh well, better a happy lunatic than a miserable one!

The most stressful situation in my life is about to resolve. It will be a $hit storm at first but such a load off, I'm getting my life back. So excited!!!!!!!!!

The agitated feelings seem to linger on. But like you said, some joy!!!!! So much better than numb!

I got it, sent you a quick one back, did you get it? so confusing! Maybe its our cymbalta brains?! :)
I'm so happy for you having a good day. Guess what? Me too! The past few days just seem to keep getting better. I am really afraid to get my hopes up, but it does seem like things are really looking up. It was one hell of a ride! I would not wish this on anyone!
I"m like you, I feel dizzy sometimes, and I'm really on edge, get cranky pretty easy, but these things are not overtaking my day. I have more energy, I feel happy. I actually FEEL something. Had no idea I was so numb for all these years.
This is one crazy drug.
Woo hoo for good days! :)

#64 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

I got it, sent you a quick one back, did you get it? so confusing! Maybe its our cymbalta brains?! :)
I'm so happy for you having a good day. Guess what? Me too! The past few days just seem to keep getting better. I am really afraid to get my hopes up, but it does seem like things are really looking up. It was one hell of a ride! I would not wish this on anyone!
I"m like you, I feel dizzy sometimes, and I'm really on edge, get cranky pretty easy, but these things are not overtaking my day. I have more energy, I feel happy. I actually FEEL something. Had no idea I was so numb for all these years.
This is one crazy drug.
Woo hoo for good days! :)

I do still get a daily migraine but it's coming later and later in the day as time goes on. Motrin keeps it bearable. Work made me mad today so I was extra irritable and cranky but got through it. I suspect we'll have our days but I'm really hoping the worst is over.

The pharmacy called me to pick up the special order of 20 mg pills (for continued taper) and I loved telling them no thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So done with that crap!

#65 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

So I'm not even sure what day I'm on, Three weeks or so. I have been doing a lot better but go through strings of very bad days. I spend my days horribly irritated and kind of dizzy, the brain zaps are a lot more noticeable too. Still feeling a lot better in general but pretty angry, like everyone else, about how these withdrawal symptoms linger.

#66 becki

becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

So I'm not even sure what day I'm on, Three weeks or so. I have been doing a lot better but go through strings of very bad days. I spend my days horribly irritated and kind of dizzy, the brain zaps are a lot more noticeable too. Still feeling a lot better in general but pretty angry, like everyone else, about how these withdrawal symptoms linger.

I'm at 3 weeks too. I don't feel like I"m in hell anymore, and so happy to be done with this.
I think the only thing I still experience is the irritability. I go from fine to RAGING MAD in a second. I hate that! It doesn't feel like "me". I'm hoping that stops.
Still dizzy once in a while, but it's not constant. My stomach still isn't quite right, but not as bad as it was.
And my hair is still falling out, but not in huge clumps like it was. YIKES!
Can you even believe all that one drug can do to our bodies. It is awful.
How are things with your (ex)MIL?
Thinking of you, but at least I think we can say WE DID IT!!!
Take care!
B.

#67 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hi!

Glad to hear you are feeling better too! I have the same irritability, stomach sometimes too. Hopefully your hair is about to stop falling out!!!!!!!!! I can't believe the effect that stuff has had on all of us. I'm so glad to be done too! I'm starting to get some of the fibro pain back. When I get a lot of fibro pain in my back my facet joints rotate out of place which I still don't understand completely. Anyway, going to a chiropractor this afternoon. I'm much rather pay a chiropractor than take the horrible medicine!

This are kind of getting better. The kids started school and daycare, they LOVE it!!!!!! She is still working on getting another apartment but knows that it's time. I feel like I'm a real parent again! Not some check-writing girl in the corner taking orders about raising children. It's so fantastic!!!!!!!

Still doing guided relaxation techniques to help with my mood issues. It seems to be helping. So exercise, guided meditation and chiropractor yes! Cymbalta HELL NO!!!!!

Hope you continue to do well. I'm so glad to be at the point where the withdrawal isn't constantly on my mind!

Karen

#68 becki

becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hey Karen, just checking in....we are both close to 4 weeks now right? I can't believe how much better I am doing. Hope you are the same. Still a few things here and there, but nothing like it was. I remember at one point sending a text to my sister that said "I think I'm dying" and I was completely serious. Wow, it was so bad.
We all deserve some kind of award. ha

#69 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hi! Sorry, I've been out of town and haven't had much time to do ... well anything! I feel pretty good these days. A few minor things here and there too, but again, nothing like the first 10 days or so. I'm glad you are doing well too! We totally deserve an award. That was AWFUL!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users