#1 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

Hey everybody,
I just found this info on "OnlineLawyerSource.com"...it all sounds very familiar:

August 24, 2001
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Victims File Lawsuit over Severe Withdrawal Reactions from the Antidepressant, Paxil — First Class Action of its Kind Against an Antidepressant Maker

Los Angeles, August 24, 2001 - - 35 people who have suffered from severe withdrawal reactions as a result of taking the antidepressant Paxil, filed a class action complaint today in California Superior Court, LA County, against Glaxo Smithkline Corporation (GSK), formerly known as SmithKline Beecham. This group represents thousands of Paxil users who have allegedly suffered from withdrawal reactions and dependency/withdrawal syndrome. They come from all walks of life (e.g., Lt. Col in the U.S. Air Force; former star athlete; web-designer; children; bank fraud investigator and many more) and reside throughout the United States. Each has experienced similar withdrawal reactions and problems such as:

jolting electric "zaps," dizziness, light-headedness, vertigo, in-coordination, gait disturbances, sweating, extreme nausea, vomiting, high fever, abdominal discomfort, flu symptoms, anorexia, diarrhea, agitation, tremulousness, irritability, aggression, sleep disturbance, nightmares, tremor, confusion, memory and concentration difficulties, lethargy, malaise, weakness, fatigue, paraesthesias, ataxia, and/or myalgia.

Paxil was introduced into the U.S. market on December 29, 1992, and is a well known antidepressant medication in the same class as Zoloft and Prozac (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or "SSRI''s"). Paxil is approved for marketing in the United States for conditions such as depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and "social anxiety disorder." ...

...The attorneys have stated, "The scariest part about this is that there are people out there trying to get off this drug who are experiencing these horrible withdrawal reactions. They think its because of something wrong with them, when it''s really the Paxil - - and then they take even more and further exacerbate the problem!"

Sounds like Glaxo isn't the only drug manufacturer "hiding" the negative effects of its' anti-depressant drugs!!

If you are interested in participating in a lawsuit about Cymbalta withdrawal, please send me a PM.

#2 pharmarunner

pharmarunner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:55 PM

Is that case still in litigation or was there a verdict?

#3 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

I'm not sure. I haven't checked on it.

#4 DuneAlia

DuneAlia

Advanced Member

• Members