8 replies to this topic

#1 tomitsu

tomitsu

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

I started treatment on Saturday Aug 11, 2012. It was strange but I'm going to try it for the recommended 4-6 weeks. I met with Dr. Hutton and we sat down and went over my medical history and depression plus anxiety. I had been on Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Cymbalta. This new treatment brings hope to people who have tried anti depressants but have failed on them. People with anxiety, fibromyalgia and depression of course. The system delivers about 40 rapid MRI strength pulses for over 4 seconds. This sequence is repeated every 30 seconds for about 40 minutes. Im being treated on left side of brain for depression and on right side for anxiety. It feels like a woodpecker is tapping on your skull. It doesn't hurt but it's a bit strange. At first my eye was getting odd sensation but they adjusted the levels. Wish me luck!!! Will try and keep you all posted. Insurance can cover it but there are hurdles. I'll post info on how that goes. I am paying out of pocket then I will fight for reimbursement with the Dr.'s help of course.

#2 tomitsu

tomitsu

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I completed session #7 as of today . It's getting more intense. After session 5 I had a really bad weekend but it's too soon to tell if this is working or not. I'm taking my chances. I met with the Dr. and he reminded me that results might not show up until a couple of weeks into my treatment and in many cases half way thru at the 3 week mark. Wish me luck. Most days I have been okay but not yet fabulous. I am really trying hard to be optimistic.

#3 tomitsu

tomitsu

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

As of today I've had 23 sessions of TMS. I can report positive results! I have not cried or wanted to end my life since September 5. It seemed it was getting worse before it was getting better. I am only doing 26 sessions and then will meet with Dr to see if I need a few more or not. Fingers crossed!

#4 tomitsu

tomitsu

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

I go daily 5 times a week. This last week I only went twice because I had other maters to tend to and it was not going to work scheduling wise. Becsuse I am at the maximum power level phase in my treatment - the dr was not worried about me missing a few days. I start back up on Monday. I think it had helped me but I also think I might have also gotten better with time. I like you, was desperate to feel good. I wanted to die. There seemed no other choice for me. Then I found this treatment. I paid out of pocket and dr is submitting to insurance to get me reimbursement. It's going to be a while before I see that money. It will have to go through appeals, etc. I have Anthem Blue Cross.
it's not easy but it has given me hope. There have been days where I was again hopeful and saw into the future. I could see myself running my Business again. I still get anxiety and I get down but I have not thought about suicide since Sept 5! I do not sleep all hours of the day everyday like I used to. I sleep normal hours at night, from 12am through 7 or 8 am. I care about myself again, I shower every night before bed and wake up ready for my treatments. After my treatments I usually on good days go to my office and work. I am the president of my company and I was at the reigns 7 days a week and 12-14 hr days, and I loved it. You could not keep me from it. It's my love. Well actually my husband is my love and it was his biz before I came on board 16 yrs ago! Now he's been taking over in my absence. It's been a real struggle. I cried when I went to see Dr. Hutton at TMS center and he told us that I was disabled and that I should apply for disability! I nearly died. How could a legal drug do this much harm? How come pharmacietical co's not liable for this mess? Please see my post.

#5 tomitsu

tomitsu

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

My treatments are 105 minutes long. Normal are 30 minutes. My power is at 150% which is quite high. Everyone is different.

#6 Ridew

Ridew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm interested in doing this kind of treatment, i've heard its benefits lasts for a very long time. I'll look for it in my area.

Thank you for sharing this

Best regards and keep going

#7 DonMH

DonMH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPeachland,B.C., Canada
  • why_joining:
    My wife is suffering from major Cymbalta withdrawals.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

Hi Tomitsu
Very interesting post. I really hope it helps -it is probably altering the bodies inherent magnetic fields. Some people try wearing very powerful magnetic wrist bracelets and these have had major success with some patients. The Chakra points are in fact major focal points for the bodies magnetic fields. It is a mind blowing form of treatment.
When my wife was very ill following the tragic death of our only son, her consultant told she was running out of options and talked her into ECT. She signed the approval papers and there was nothing i could to retract it ,as she had been committed. No one knew she was allergic to the anaesthetic used prior to the ECT, so in effect she was going into anaphylactic shock prior to the electrical stimulation of the brain. They wondered why they were having difficulty trying to resuscitate her and she had to be bagged on three separate occasions in order to resuscitate her. When they eventually referred her to an allergist and discovered how serious the allergy was, it was basically too late. She had suffered major memory loss both short term and some long term. Why we are still using this antiquated treatment beats me. You are fortunate in being able to benefit from the most recent advances in medicine - I hope and pray that the results will deliver a long lasting recovery for you.
I am hoping to take legal action against Eli Lilly. It would probably benefit you as well as you could recover the costs of your treatment as well as damages for the limitations it has put on your working life. No one should suffer the way patients on Cymbalta have been made to suffer whilst trying to return to a normal way of life.

#8 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi Tomitsu
Very interesting post. I really hope it helps -it is probably altering the bodies inherent magnetic fields. Some people try wearing very powerful magnetic wrist bracelets and these have had major success with some patients. The Chakra points are in fact major focal points for the bodies magnetic fields. It is a mind blowing form of treatment.
When my wife was very ill following the tragic death of our only son, her consultant told she was running out of options and talked her into ECT. She signed the approval papers and there was nothing i could to retract it ,as she had been committed. No one knew she was allergic to the anaesthetic used prior to the ECT, so in effect she was going into anaphylactic shock prior to the electrical stimulation of the brain. They wondered why they were having difficulty trying to resuscitate her and she had to be bagged on three separate occasions in order to resuscitate her. When they eventually referred her to an allergist and discovered how serious the allergy was, it was basically too late. She had suffered major memory loss both short term and some long term. Why we are still using this antiquated treatment beats me. You are fortunate in being able to benefit from the most recent advances in medicine - I hope and pray that the results will deliver a long lasting recovery for you.
I am hoping to take legal action against Eli Lilly. It would probably benefit you as well as you could recover the costs of your treatment as well as damages for the limitations it has put on your working life. No one should suffer the way patients on Cymbalta have been made to suffer whilst trying to return to a normal way of life.

Dear DONMH,
I am so very sorry for what has happened to you and your family. Best of luck to you and yours and you will be in my prayers. Does anyone know if there is any talk of a class action suit against Eli Lilly? What all of us on here have endured is not right.

#9 albergo11

albergo11

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

Interesting, because I also had TMS prior to getting off of cymbalta.  On the one hand, I don't feel depressed or very anxious any more, on the other hand I'm dizzy every single day, can't think at all, and have throbbing headaches.  I can't tell if it's the TMS or the cymbalta, or both, but it's been 8 weeks since my last dose of cymbalta, and 4 weeks since my last TMS treatment, and I wish I had never done either of these treatments.

I dream for the day when my old anxiety and depression will return, and I can kiss this awful western medicine goodbye forever.  From my expereince, all this stuff does is mask your problems with new problems.  The only accepable way to avoid depression and anxiety for me is to remove myself from the situation causing these symptoms, meditate, and exercise alot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users