• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rocco5

rocco5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

I have been taking cymbalta since may of 2010, I started with 60mg twice a day, reduced it to 30mg once a day as of may of this year, I did not have any complications, I recently found out I'm pregnant and don't know how to wing of this horrible medication without having those horrible withdraw symptoms everyone talks about, but in the other hand I don't want to hurt by unborn baby either, I would appreciate any suggestions or remedies that have been successful for anyone.

#2 DonMH

DonMH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPeachland,B.C., Canada
  • why_joining:
    My wife is suffering from major Cymbalta withdrawals.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hi Rocco
You have been in my thoughts and prayers for days. My heart goes out to you. My best advice is to contact a Dr. David Healy, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Wales, Cardiff, UK.
He is an expert on SSRI's. I also know of a link to The Royal Maudsley Hospital,London who are one of the foremost psychiatric units in the United Kingdom. I am appalled that you have had no replies from the forum. I am not sure how safe St. John's Wort is safe in pregnancy but if it is, it is probably one of the safest options until you can contact Dr.Healy. Make sure you are taking the required amount of folic acid and vitamin B12 .Fish oils would probably be a good bet as well. I have a friend in the Pharmaceutical Industry; I will ask her if she can be of help. Eli Lilly were sued some years ago over their drug Paxil. I think they are about to be sued again over Cymbalta. Go in peace.
Don

I have been taking cymbalta since may of 2010, I started with 60mg twice a day, reduced it to 30mg once a day as of may of this year, I did not have any complications, I recently found out I'm pregnant and don't know how to wing of this horrible medication without having those horrible withdraw symptoms everyone talks about, but in the other hand I don't want to hurt by unborn baby either, I would appreciate any suggestions or remedies that have been successful for anyone.

#3 gsmommy

gsmommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm weaning off cymbalta

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

HI Rocco, I am so sorry to hear about your dilemna, i was in the process of weaning hoping to get pregnant 2 years ago ( went on it again after breastfeeding for a year because of my headaches and tension/pain, another story, my withdrawal this time sucks) but i was down to 7.5 or 5 mg when i found out i was pregnant and stopped at that point, and the withdrawal was nothing that i can recall because i was so fiercely sick from the pregnancy hormones i couldn't stop puking and didn't eat for nearly 3 months and lost 13 pounds my first trimester. I would definitely go high on the omegas, just make sure they are mercury free and acupuncture is also a good aid/too to help! I am so sorry because i know how hard withdrawal and pregnancy are alone, but combined i cannot imagine. My heart goes out to you and it's possible you might be one of those lucky ones like me the 2nd time around and not have any withdrawal. my 1st and now 3rd withdrawal were and are super miserable, this 3rd being my worst but the pregnancy hormones are a gift and i truly believe you will be better off than most because of the positive effects of the pregnancy hormones on your body and mind.
take good care and best of luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users