• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi Kirksd55

I take 100 to 200mg of L-theanine with a large glass of water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then 100mg in the afternoon about 4pm. It's the only thing that makes a dent in the Crapalta headache and when I forgot to take it yesterday morning I really had mood issues (extremely short tempered) so I know it was helping with that too.

I hope that helps

#62 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Day 26 off

I'm running out of ideas for handling the anxiety and depression that I am experiencing.

I am beginning to feel like some do at this point - When is it going to end? Is it going to end? What if this is permanent?

I am so down today that I wish I could crawl in a hole and pull it in on myself.

I have had insomnia all my life but now I hardly sleep at all and am feeling totally worn out.

I have brain zaps and dizziness again, I ran out of omega3 last week. Hubbie will get some today. I hope that helps. God don't let him forget to get some.

I was supposed to go with him today, but he was in so much of a hurry that I started to get anxious so instead of letting me calm down he decided that he would just go by himself. I think that hurt more than I realized at the time. I spend too much time on my own and am unable to focus enough to actually accomplish anything and that makes me feel more depressed.

Feeling this way doesn't do me any good at all. But even though I can think of things that I could do, the thought "What's the point?" pops into my mind right away.

This is so dumb - I took Crapalta for pain. I wasn't depressed. In fact things were starting to look up for me as I had found a way to earn some money while doing something I love.

This is not fair and it certainly isn't right.

Life has been hard enough I didn't need this.

#63 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Lady2882Nancy, right now lack of sleep is your worse enemy. Without proper rest the mind's chemical imbalance actually gets worse and the depression and anxiety escalate. You MUST get some rest in order for the brain to recuperate (sp?).  This is essential during periods of excessive emotions like this. Some doctors prescribe up to four 1 mg tablets of lorazepam at bedtime which literally sedates you. Even old fashion laudanum can be used to safely sedate a patient at night. Nearly every psych professional here prescribes some type of sleeping pill to help during withdrawal. In your case it might take the lorazepam or laudanum or something similar.

When I had my meltdown a few weeks ago I was given 4 mg of lorazepam. After a couple days on my hydroxyzine and with some rest I was able to cut back the lorazepam to 3 mg at night. As time went on I have now been able to cut back to 1/2 mg of lorazepam at night. In a couple days I probably won't need it and rely on the hydroxyzine only.

Hang in and sweet dreams (I hope).

#64 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

I know I need to sleep but my doctor won't give me anything that actually will make me stay asleep.

He just doesn't understand insomnia and sleep cycles.  

My brain is now programmed from the Crapalta withdrawal insomnia and waking up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

I can't sleep any longer than that. The only good thing is that I don't stay awake as long.

I have some lorazepam from last spring but he said not to take it so I haven't.

Maybe I should take it anyway?

#65 mgpam

mgpam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Nancy,

So sorry to hear of your struggles today.  Sleep is definitely going to help.  Why did he say not to take the lorazepam?  Strange.  Maybe try half of one just to see if you have any reaction to it? 

At one point my hubby was taking 3 mg of Xanax (alprazolam) to sleep.  He still needs 1 mg plus 2 Melatonin tabs (i think they have 3 mg melatonin each).  Plus now that he is back on a low dose of Zoloft, that is making him sleepy too.  So his sleep issues are better which seems to help.

At least it helps in theory.  :)  His muscle pain is getting a little better, but his breathing issues and headache are getting worse.  Cymbalta withdrawal for someone with asthma really stinks.  Last night he went to the ER to get something for his headache and they gave him a shot of some kind of super ibuprofen.  Today is sleeping all day and feels almost like he has the flu but no fever so I think it is still just the Cymbalta withdrawals. 

He found the Cymbalta class action lawsuit page this weekend and signed up quicker than you can say Crapalta!

#66 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thanks mg

I'm not sure why he doesn't want me to take lorazepam, I have taken it before for sleep and it helps temporarily. Right now that would suit me fine. I really don't expect it to work long term as it never has before but I need help now.

I have put in another call to have him call me but he didn't answer the last one so who knows.

Glad to hear your hubbie is able to sleep. Asthma is rough without withdrawals (my sister has it bad and I am borderline). The headache is still a problem for me too and nothing I have even makes a dent in it.

I hope they can give him something to ease his breathing as I know that is exhausting by itself never mind all the other problems that come with Crapalta.

Take care of you

#67 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

I don't know about taking the lorazepam. If he said not to then there may be a good reason why.  I would hate for you to suffer from some type of drug interaction. I don't know what to tell you Nancy. I know this is a dumb question but I assume he knows of your difficulties sleeping?

#68 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

As usual I am a little late!!! lol

#69 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Well I am not on anything that I wasn't on when he wanted me to take it every night a year ago.

In fact I am only on 1 med now and I have been on it for years.

He doesn't understand insomnia and I told him when I saw him at the hospital that I wasn't sleeping.

He's one of those that thinks if you just go to bed at the same time everynight, get up at the same time, and practise good sleep hygiene then everything will be alright.

Well I do practise good sleep hygiene,

I am positively anal about keeping my evening routine just so that I can get my 4 1/2 hours of sleep but now I am not even getting that.

Sorry now I am starting to rant and its not your fault.

Maybe he will finally call me today.

Thanks for being there for me fishinghat

#70 Kirksd55

Kirksd55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • why_joining:
    Looking for support for withdrawals of Cymbalta.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm wondering if those sleeping medicines are generic. I've tried many sleeping pills over the past 10 years 1 being Ambian, I'm having trouble remembering the other ones I've tried I'll half to ask my doctor about those Y'all have spoken of. Right now I'm having trouble calling my doctor I feel so down I guess that's what you all called crapbalta relapse.

#71 Kirksd55

Kirksd55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I sure know what you're talking about doctors not believing that you can't sleep I've been to sleeping classes all kind of sleeping meds and They just looked at me with this big spaced out eyes Like I must be lying or something.

#72 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I can understand that. All the sleeping pills I've tried are a joke and they don't want to give you anything that really works anymore.

It sucks and I'm so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all the time.

Thanks for your support Kirk

#73 Kirksd55

Kirksd55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Sick and tired is right I know there's pills out there that can help you sleep but nobody seems to give a shit it even if you've gone 10 years or all of your life I'm so sick of doctors I can spit in their face !!!

#74 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Well I guess we all need to take responsibility for our own healthcare from now on. I will now regard any Rx's I am given as suggestions only and will research everything before I even get the Rx filled. I will also only get any new Rx's that I decide to try filled for only 1 week to start so that I will know how I react to them before I spend a bunch of money.

If I am ever going to get out of this depression, I have to do it myself. No one is going to carry me.

Right now I am too tired for anything so I will do what I need to and take it easy today

"One Day at a Time" as my friend Bill W says.

I'm sure there will be times were I will have to take things 'one hour at a time' but somehow I will get through this.

#75 Kirksd55

Kirksd55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

I will try to take your words under advisement. Every day seems to be a struggle to not just end it all.

#76 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

I can understand that. All the sleeping pills I've tried are a joke and they don't want to give you anything that really works anymore.

It sucks and I'm so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all the time.

Thanks for your support Kirk

You are totally right. There are those people like you Nancy that just can't simply take a regular sleeping pill and drop off to sleep. These doctors need to have there head thumped real well just to wake them up. They are so afraid of people abusing meds and getting hooked on them. What about us honest people who have a real need.

#77 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Kirk - I have thought that many times lately, but that will only hurt the ones that are left behind. I will never forget the effect that her mother's suicide had on one of my dear friends. On her and on her grandmother. I have lost a child due to illness and the pain of losing her is horrendous. I do not want to do that to my family as that would be so very selfish of me.

The guilt and sorrow that doing something like that causes the family and friends that are left behind is worse than anything that we suffer.

We owe it to them and to ourselves to find a way to get well.

#78 Kirksd55

Kirksd55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I know what you're saying Nancy I think that's the only thing that keeps me from it.

#79 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

We all need something to hold on to at times like this and I don't know what I would do without this site and all the wonderful people on it. Take care of yourself please. It helps to have someone who understands. Obviously you and I are going through more tough stuff because of this stupid drug.

I guess we just have to hang in there together.

Take care of you because I care

#80 Kirksd55

Kirksd55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

I just put in a call to my doctor for a sleep medicine that will put me to sleep almost demanded it let's see what happens !

#81 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

My doctor called me last night (finally) and all he wanted to do was up my amitriptyline so I did and it did not help. It did make it easier to go back to sleep but I was still woke up numerous times.  

Why it that they would rather increase the dose of a med rather than actually give you something that will work?

I hope you have better luck than I did.

Take care of you

#82 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Lady2882Nanncy, remember he works for you!  Call him back and tell him it didn't work. Ugg what an ass. Be persistant!! Sorry, I guess I just don't have any patience.

#83 Kirksd55

Kirksd55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Yeah Nancy I totally agree with fishinghat.

#84 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

I am taking hubbie with me to the doctor's on Friday and he will be going in with me to talk to him.

I need him for moral support and to confirm what I am telling the doctor is true.

Last night I basically told the doctor that I needed to see the Psychiatrist ASAP as the Mental Health counselor says she can't help me and I am suffering more now then when he saw me last. I asked him to please push to get me an appt.

We will see how things go in the meantime.

I am going to do some research first, but I may just take some Lorazepam as I have taken it before without any problems.

#85 Kirksd55

Kirksd55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

I wish you all the luck Nancy on your next appointment. I pray to Jesus that he will give guidance to your psychiatrist. All I see is a nurse practitioner in the psychiatry field and I don't think she knows her ass from a hole in the ground !😳

#86 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

I don't see how anyone that has not had the extensive training in mental health can claim to be a counselor.

I feel for you Kirk as a nurse practitioner would have to be awfully good to even begin to deal with the issues we have now.

#87 2ksmommy

2ksmommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

lady nancy,

keeping you very close in thoughts & prayers...... wishing you peace & comfort. please know I am thinking of you !!!  good luck with your doctor appointment.

#88 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Thank you so much 2ksmommy

That means so much that you have taken the time to pray for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users