Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Well even if no one ever reads this thought it would be a great way to keep a diary of the whole cymbalta battle. I was put on antidepressants 10yrs ago for postpartum depression. From there I was switched to other ad's and upped doses until the cymbalta about 7yrs ago. Had I had a brain maybe I would have thought back then that maybe I don't even need any ad since originally being put on it for postpartum depression but I trusted my doctor and went along with it. I suffer from SAD in the winter time and if I can remember clearly enough I believe that's when I would be changed to a different ad or upped a dose. A few years ago I asked my doctor to change me to something else because of the cost of this med even with insurance was ridiculous. I mean paying over $80 for a months worth didn't fit in my budget even when I was working. He told me absolutely not that he would not change me to anything else because it was working so well for me. Again I said OK trusting my doctor. Well four years ago I had a car accident on my way to work and was diagnosed with RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) in my right extremities. So then to add to the cymbalta I have been put on Vicodin for pain, muscle relaxers and I take a sleeping pill. I have had a spinal implant put in my lower back that is supposed to help block the pain. Let me tell you that was the worst thing I could have ever done. I am a small built person and they put this thing right on my back bone which rubs like hell and I can't even feel the implant sensation as I am supposed to. Last year I began to have pain in my right arm, shoulder and neck. Have been dealing with that trying to figure out why or what is causing it. No they didn't think it was the RSD spreading etc. I have been through PT again and injections etc. Well on my own the other day I just discovered this pain is from the damn implant. It seems to pinching a nerve off. I have already been through hell with all these doctors just to diagnosed with my leg the RSD. Now to back peddle just a bit it took over a year for me to be diagnosed and I kept seeing new doctors to try and find out what was wrong with me. Each and every one of them asked if I was on cymbalta. This should have been a "red flag" back then but again I was in a fog and trusted the doctors. I had lost my job because I could no longer do things as before because of the pain I suffer. I haven't worked since then but have taken classes (which thankfully I started before the accident). Jumping back up to this summer my insurance kept fighting me on filling my cymbalta, my doctor had been good about giving me samples when I called so hadn't had any issues until a few months ago. I couldn't get it filled at the pharmacy, the doctor office wouldn't call me back. I called every damn day for three or four days saying look my insurance won't fill this and I am out. The first day without my med I had brain zaps. Well OK I could tolerate that for a bit. It has happened before when I accidentally forgot to take my med not a big deal. Then dizziness started in, agitation. By the next day I was in a ball constantly crying literally feeling as if someone died. It was tearing through me taking my breath away. But there was one good thing about the withdrawal I had noticed I had NO PAIN at all. By the time I finally reached the doctors office I put simply I am so sorry to bother you AGAIN but I am going through withdrawal and NO ONE has bothered to call me back. Of course it was the blame game, it was someone elses fault etc. As if I cared WHO the problem was. It then hit me. Why do I want to be on a drug that controls me this much? I began to think back about my life all those yrs on this drug and realized I have been a zombie. What feelings have I truly had, what moments in life can I really remember, important things that should stay with me forever about my children. When have I been truly happy or really felt any thing other than anger (at times was so extreme that I scared myself). I can't remember crap to be honest. I am the walking dead. I am a complete total zombie. Even when I was working thinking back I still didn't do things I had done before this med. I was constantly busy, working on the flower garden, playing with my children, talking with friends, going out and doing things, I used to be a crazy housekeeper. All of that slowly went away. I could care less about doing anything, I am tired all the time, no energy at all and I rarely talk to anyone. I used to love exercising and though I have tried from time to time to keep working out and do feel better when I do I have to force myself and I keep slacking off. 6 months ago my cholesterol came back high. Though I have gained weight since not working which is typical I am not overweight though I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds. I felt better when I weighed 110 but now weigh about 120. I don't eat a ton of junk, actually I don't eat much at all so why the high cholesterol I didn't understand. Especially since I am so good about taking vitamins and fish oil etc. Though it does run in the family slightly on the higher side I am only 38 and it just didn't seem right. Well I increased my fish oil and my fiber. My next blood work came back and it's even higher than it was before. Yes I need to get some exercise but what could be causing this? It hit me the cymbalta. I had no idea being clueless and trusting my doctors I never once paid much attention to the side effects of this drug. Stupid on my part esp since I worked in the medical field but I also know that any thing you take there is always some possible side effect. I began to think more and more and decided I wanted off this med, I need to know for myself if I even need an ad to begin with. If I do then so be it and I am scared that after ten yrs of brain altering drugs who is to say that I will ever be normal again, to be ME. But I need to know. So I told my doctor I wanted off. He wasn't too happy about and tried to talk me out of it but I told him the same thing I just want to know if I even need it. If I do fine but I want to try. He finally agreed. Though he reminded how it helps with pain esp my condition. Yeah sure whatever. So here is what he told me to do to wean off and by the way not once mentioned any side effects of weaning.

Alternate 60mg/30mg for a week. Week 2 take the 30mg. Week 3 take the 30mg every other day. Week 4 stop.

Hilarious! I knew that by the wds I had from before and how long I have been on this drug there was no way I could do it in that short of time. So I thought OK I will two weeks of each step. I did fine with the alternating 60/30 no issues at all. Then tried to do just 30 and hell began. I thought OK time to research what others have done, look up side effects etc. So that is how I am here now.

I saw someone said they subtracted 7 beads each day. OK cool gave it a try but once I reached 42-49 beads I was so sick I couldn't deal with it. SO I thought OK go back to alternating days for a while. Nope couldn't at this point. So I went back to my regular 60mg for a couple of days and then took out ten beads for two nights and last night I took a 30mg. Tonight I will try taking out 20 beads from the 60mg for a couple of days then take a 30mg. I will see how it goes. I am sure the more I mess around with it doesn't really help but really need to find some way.

Now for the side effects I have had on this drug I see many mention as they taper off which I find interesting.

On the cymbalta:

vivid, crazy dreams
extreme teeth grinding/jaw clenching (bought a bite splint and chewed through it in less than two months)
horrible headaches/migraines (never had any migraines before)
night sweats
chronic sinus infections (which I had no clue could be a side effect of the med until the other day)
fatigue/no energy could nap every day
high cholesterol (which may or may not be related but is a listed side effect)
higher blood pressure (mine always ran on the lower side but I kept linking it to my pain-now I am not so sure)
bouts of anger and still had depressive moments
horrible memory
eye blurriness
raging PMS (never had that before)
sexual dysfunctions ( extreme lack of libido and none or rare orgasm)
-I will add more as I remember or think of them.

Now to mention the whole vitamin thing. I take several because osteo runs in the family and also because I don't eat like I should. However I just realized with the fish oil I wasn't taking near enough. It is about the amounts of DHA and EPA so I greatly increased both that and the fiber. The reason I mention these two is because people have complained of being bloated and upset stomach when tapering and also I notice some have chronic pain as well. So for those who suffer chronic pain please look it up and see how much you really should be taking. It's not the mg of fish oil it's like I said about the DHA and EPA. For myself I need to intake at least 3800mg so for my fish oil supplements I have to take 8 a day. So I began taking 4 in the morning and 4 at night with my magnesium.

Tapering off the med I get the brain zaps, extreme headache, nausea, had upset stomach/bloated feeling until I increased the fiber, dizziness, flu like symptoms, extreme fatigue days though at first I felt great and my energy was up, sleeping much more than usual, shakes or jitters. Of course these are all normal symptoms of withdrawals but would like to avoid as much as possible if I can. And I am sure there will be more as I go as well.

So that is my story so far. Long and boring and like I said even if no one reads it at least I will have it for myself to keep track. I don't feel I have the support I need so writing it all out seemed to help. My hope is to be free of this med, find ME again, get that energy back and find out if the pain is related to the drug or not.

#2 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

I feel so sad for you, princess, I was hit from behind by a snowplow that slid into me and pushed me under a semi stopped in front of me...broke my car seat and my neck, plus allthe ligaments, muscles, neves running up into head, down arms, shoulders, etc...anyway..all this was about 20 years ago...then the fibromyalgia about 10 years ago...i've spent all these years being a guineapig for meds...and the sad thing is there is not one of them that took the pain away enough to make them worth the risk...i joined a gym about 4 years ago....my saving grace...sometimes i go and come home to drop into bed, but gradually i've had more good days than bad...that's what makes me want to be free of all medication...I do yoga, arobics, walk/run..ride bike...i also crochet, read alot,and I thank the LORD everyday that I'm alive..it took many years for me to realize my life is a gift...hard to imagine isn't it...over these 4 years I've rid myself of all pain medication..I do take over the counter and I have a standing prescription for Darvacette which i use very little...i regret all this time spent in a zone...and i need to give back....somehow...push on girl...blessings, m

#3 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thanks Mimi! OMG how horrible for you. Your accident must have been so scary but I am so thankful you are here with us :) My sister in law has fibro as well so I do understand your disease some what. I am so proud of you for working out like you have. I too like yoga even if I only do the basics to stretch it just seems like a quiet inner release. I would eventually like to get off of all my pain meds as well but figured I'd start with the hardest thing first and go from there. One thing at a time. Last night I removed 20 beads from my 60mg cap. I felt all day like I was about to have a stroke or something. Like BP is super high seeing stars. I have only taken 6 fish oil today as I was nauseous. I have taken ibuprofen and motion sickness med today hoping it would help some. I pushed through the day cleaning and doing what I could and taking breaks as needed. I took a 30mg tonight and was hoping it would kick in soon and relieve me some but nope not so far. I am still struggling with whether to just go cold turkey (maybe take L-tyrosine instead) and warn the entire household and lock myself up for a few days or what. I posted on someone else's topic that I think I picked the wrong time of year to do this. Both my daughters are sick however each has different symptoms. But ALL the symptoms they have together I have. So I cant figure out if I am sick or withdrawals. All I can say is it all sucks! I got snippy with my husband who kept asking me what was wrong. After so many times of being asked it's rather annoying esp when he knows what is wrong. I was thinking back ( I guess because my girls are sick) and remembered the last time I had the flu I didn't take any of meds. Never had any issues as all I really did for the most part was lay around and sleep. If only I could sleep for the next couple of weeks lol. I don't know how anyone working does this. Although I have to say I really miss work and have been job hunting like crazy I am glad that I chose to do this while I am not working or taking any classes.

I would love to hear how you are doing today/tonight? I have had nausea, been light headed, slight headache, tired (but didn't sleep very well at all last night), have been hot then freezing cold and seeing stars. No brain zaps though!

#4 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

I am now in the midst of week 6 trying to taper. I took at 30mg last night and I feel pretty good so far this morning. But for me side effects come on as the day goes and is worse by night. So we shall see. I am going to stick with taking the motion sickness med. I took one pill yesterday afternoon and since it's a one a day med and can take up to two pills, I decided I would take two this morning to prevent the whole mess to begin with and see how it goes. My plan is to take 30mg tonight and tomorrow night remove 20 beads from a 60mg. But if I continue to do well with 30mg I will stay on that for a week and begin tapering from there.

#5 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Had extreme fatigue yesterday. Napped a couple of times as I just couldn't keep my eyes open. My mood was off. I wasn't irritable just felt out of it really. Had no energy and yet it was like I wanted to do "something". I really can't explain it. But I had no dizziness or nausea or anything like that. I was truly brain dead. I did goof up and had taken a 60mg last night and didn't take out any beads. Didn't realize it until after the fact. I mean I was truly brain dead yesterday. I had to pick up my daughter from school and went to the wrong school. I even walked into the office before I realized what I had done. The doctor office called back last night. Said my cholesterol had improved. WTH? So which one is it did it go up or is it better? If they don't know how am I supposed to know. Just proving more and more their office is a mess. So I didn't even bother asking about adding prozac. Figure if it gets to a point where I can't handle the wd's then maybe I will ask. But for now I will continue with higher doses of fish oil and fiber and take the motion sickness med when needed. tonight I will take the 30mg dose. Maybe all the messing around with doses and taking out beads has actually helped some. Thinking it's helping my body not depend so much on a certain amount all the time. So I guess for now all I can really say is fatigue and just out of it. Been up for a couple of hours this morning and am off to nap. If I can sleep as much as possible then so be it. Supposed to be a beautiful day today so am hoping to force myself out later for a walk.

#6 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Oh and just as a side note. I noticed some where someone had mentioned during tapering they just felt like they wanted to be alone. I have to admit I am the type of person who likes being alone and enjoy my days while the kids and husband are gone. But I had also noticed yesterday that I really just wanted to be left alone. Not necessarily saying I wanted everyone out of the house or being left by myself. I mean it was fine with everyone home just that I had didn't want to be bothered and not in the mood to talk about anything. I realized Ive had these feelings often. I have no clue if what I am even writing makes any sense. Also Halloween is my favorite holiday and I really enjoy dressing up with the kids and used to have parties and I would decorate the house. I have not put up one single decoration, the kids don't even have their costumes yet. In my head I know this should bother me because as I mentioned it's my favorite and I usually really get into it. It's been this way for a few years now. I was also thinking about how I used to decorate like crazy for Christmas and go all out. I don't know why I am writing this but typing out loud I guess. Just another point to make that cymbalta has given me those "I just don't care feelings and my body doesn't have the energy to force it". Just looking back and realizing that with each year I have been on this med the stronger those feelings have become.

#7 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Today wasn't horrible but has not been great. The fatigue is seriously kicking my ass. I napped and just can't seem to pull out of the fog. I 'forced" myself to shower and take a short walk and sat outside in the sun for an hour reading and I still am dragging. Although I suppose now that it's night time I will be wide awake as I have always been a night person any way so who knows. I don't feel grouchy but really tired of being asked what is wrong. IDK part of me is glad for the most part I am home alone during the day to deal with it and yet feel like I don't have the support I need. My ear keeps throbbing and it drives me crazy. Forgot to take my fish oil earlier this evening. I hate to take it too late as it can keep me up sometimes if I do. I didn't take any motion sickness med today, I didn't feel I needed it. I have the weird feeling when you move your eyes but it's tolerable right now and slight headache. I can't wait to be off this med and out of the fog but on the other hand I am almost scared that when I come out I won't be happy with my life. Maybe I am getting emotional and I don't really realize it yet.

#8 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Trouble sleeping, keep waking up. I'm so itchy! No hives or rashes, just itchy which is why I'm sure I keep waking up. So darn tired. Can't decide if I am hungry or not and hate to eat in the middle of the night. My appetite is going back and forth I noticed.

#9 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

So freakishly exhausted. Took a nap and set the alarm so I wouldn't sleep all day. Even now I want to just go back to bed. Keep telling myself I should be feeling great, the weather is beautiful and after today it won't be. I should be cleaning and can't seem to do it. I did the motion sickness med this morning so other than the fatigue just headaches which advil helps. I guess I should consider it a good day since that's all I have right now. Oh and doing the hot and cold thing too. Drives me crazy, don't know to dress which I guess doesn't matter much when I pretty much stay in pjs.

#10 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Had some slight dizziness this evening but nothing too horrible. Food is interesting as I am either seriously craving certain things while others make me gag. My appetite is up and down. I either feel completely full and not hungry at all or suddenly starving. When I am hungry it doesn't take much to feel full. I can snack on a couple of graham crackers and feel full. Trying to stick with healthier snacks esp when craving sweets which I don't typically crave. Think my mood was a little better today so think I am finally adjusting to 30mg. I will stick with that for a few more days and then see if I can taper some more. The fatigue/brain dead/foggy feeling really bothers me the most. Still slight headache which advil is still helping with and so thankful I have the motion sickness med to help remove those symptoms for the majority. I have no anxiety or jittery feeling at this point now. I really feel like I can beat this if I could just get over the fatigue part. Looking into other supplements that have much more recognition in detox.

#11 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

Extreme major major fatigue. But my mood seems to be much better today. I am feeling little peeks of the "real me" coming and it's refreshing! I don't quite feel as foggy or brain dead though it's still there just not as bad. Really need to get a SAD light. I suffer from SAD any how but have heard it helps with some withdrawals. Took a motion sickness med again and advil this morning. So far so good just need to beat this fatigue!

#12 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

OMG thank you for posting I am new to all this. I injured my back almost two years ago and have all these pills pushed on me becuase the doctors cant/wob=nt find an answeer to my pain. I was forced back to work by WSIB in Feb 2012 and strange as it may sound it might have been the best thing for me as I started looking at my meds and how I had changeNot just from the pain but from the meds. Like you I became disassociated at times,, lost of memory & forcus (ha just tried to spell another word and couldnt). Anger & sadness to the point of "who am I and what happened to who I was". This and the weight gain has got me to where I am today tryong to fight these drugs. I can deal with pain but I cant deal with losing myself in the process if that makes sense to you. I have struggled for the last few months looking for support like yours. Once again THANK YOU for letting me know that I am not alone. My other half works long hours and I am alone most nights so it can get scary at times going thur this alone so it is nice to know that others like you are out there. :)

#13 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

OMG thank you for posting I am new to all this. I injured my back almost two years ago and have all these pills pushed on me becuase the doctors cant/wob=nt find an answeer to my pain. I was forced back to work by WSIB in Feb 2012 and strange as it may sound it might have been the best thing for me as I started looking at my meds and how I had changeNot just from the pain but from the meds. Like you I became disassociated at times,, lost of memory & forcus (ha just tried to spell another word and couldnt). Anger & sadness to the point of "who am I and what happened to who I was". This and the weight gain has got me to where I am today tryong to fight these drugs. I can deal with pain but I cant deal with losing myself in the process if that makes sense to you. I have struggled for the last few months looking for support like yours. Once again THANK YOU for letting me know that I am not alone. My other half works long hours and I am alone most nights so it can get scary at times going thur this alone so it is nice to know that others like you are out there. :)

I know exactly what you mean. It makes me sad and angry feeling like I have lost ten years of my life and didn't even realize it! I emailed a friend of mine today and told her what ppl don't understand is this isn't like having surgery or giving birth. It won't be all finished within hours or healed with a few days or even weeks. Heck of a way to compare but it gets the point across. There are going to be highs and lows and feeling ill for a long period of time. We just have to keep focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. It will get better with time. I am not sure how long you have been on it but what scares me the most is what damage it has done mentally and if I will ever be the real me again. From what I can tell as well is that most doctors don't truly acknowledge the fact there are withdrawals from these types of meds. It is considered non narcotic so they don't look at it as a drug that someone is hooked on. What I don't understand is why they don't when they know it messes with the brain chemicals. Then when ppl mention their withdrawal symptoms they just tell them it's depression coming back so they need to go back on the med. BS!!! Ive heard ppl compare getting off cymbalta to getting off heroine. My husband tries ( I think) to be supportive in this ordeal. I guess in a way I just don't feel it's the right support. Don't ask me what's wrong when you already know and asking if I'm OK is fine but it's not really helpful. I wish he would research like I told him to do. My mom lectured me when I went through withdrawals a few months ago about how I should get off this drug and think of what its doing to me then the other day lectures me that I should wait until I'm working as she thinks I am just sitting around thinking about it and that won't help anything, etc. Drives me crazy. It's not what I need to be told. I feel for anyone trying to work and get off this drug because I think when your body tells you to rest and if you can sleep through most of it you should. Not too mention the emotional roller coaster that it is. Thankfully I haven't truly hit that part yet this time around. It's awful to be in that state. Ive tried some herbal supplements that ppl on here have mentioned to help ease things but for me they made it worse and you have to be so careful what you take with cymbalta. I did pick up some alpha lipoic acid today because I read that some antidepressants can deplete certain nutrients and also that the alpha helps boost the B and C vitamins so hoping that will help my fatigue problem. I guess it's also good for preventing pain, burning or tingling and helping muscle. I have muscle atrophy in my leg from the RSD. I will keep updating daily as I go. Today truly was a much better day for me. The fog is slowly lifting! Thinking I will give my body a few more days of the 30 mg then split those in half for a few. We will see.

#14 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

So far so good this morning. Slight headache due to clenching and grinding from the crazy vivid dreams. I made sure to take a travel sickness pill and advil just before bed as well. Took my allergy med and some advil first thing waited just a few and took all my vitamins plus the ALA. I notice for some reason I do better taking my vitamins on an empty stomach. I know most of them say with meals and when I research them it's conflicting as to if most work better with food or without. I'm just going to stick without for now as I seem to do better on them that way. It's how I have always taken them until recently. I will check on later.

#15 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Glad to hear you are feeling NOT so bad this morning Truck Princess. I am feeling lousy and my other half just doesnt understand. I sleep over 12 hrs and still feel exhausted. I have been on 60mg for about a year now. Gettting off of 225mg of lyrica was a walk in the park compared to this. This is the combination that I have been on Lyrica, Cymbalta, perocet, oxyneo for the past 2yrs, Cymbalta added only for the last year. I just started taking Clariton because I read it helps with the "Zappers". I have had a brutual headache for 3 days now and the weather here isnt helping rainy & cold. I wish my guy would take an interest in what I am going I have watched people go through Herion withdrawals and this is like it for sure. I really wish there was a law that the doctors and pharma companies had to list the withdrawals too as I warning to everyone but then they would never make any money and we all know it is about the money not helping people get better!!! Thats my rant for now :)

#16 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Feel free to rant away! :) I think it helps to get it out. Are you still taking out a few pellets each day or how are you doing it? Think you said you missed one day the other day and I couldn't remember what you planned to do from there. I don't know how anyone can do it cold turkey. I was such a mess after just a few days. The scary thing is within an hour of taking one all was well again. That's when I woke up and realized what this drug was doing. If I can ease symptoms as much as possible the better. It took a good week of being in the pure fog, extreme fatigue before I started to feel better the last couple of days. And it may be helping that I got to sleep in too and not have to get up for the kids. I know the last couple of nights Ive slept a good 10 hours or so. Starting feeling nauseated and dizzy this afternoon so popped another travel sick med. Im not super ambitious or bursting with energy but my head and mood feels so much better. Ppl also mention taking fish oil for the zaps too. Again it didn't work for me but that is something I took every day any how. What works for one may or may not work for another. Seems it's all trial and error. I really wish the pharm co would come up with a tapering program and I agree ppl need to be informed BEFORE taking the med so they can choose. Think I will stick with 30mg until Halloween so at least the kids can have me some what normal (haha if there is such a thing). You really need to chew out your dr and ask for some 30mg samples the jerk could at least do that much. I noticed I felt sicker when taking out pellets the last time than I did just taking the 30mg. Try to stay positive, I know it's not easy at all. If you have to spend your time laying around watching tv or whatever than do it. Think I was mostly in bed last weekend. Don't worry about anyone else at all. Let your body tell you what you need. I know I am going to sound crazy for listing all the vitamins I take but like I mentioned before some of it is to slow the progress of the disease and some is to prevent hereditary issues.
My breakfast basically lol.....
Multivitamin
Super B complex
Vit C
D3
Vit A
Calcium
Potassium
Fish oil ( only taking 3 now)
ALA (as of today)
Was taking a probiotic, Co-Q10 and also a fiber supplement but have ran out of them and figure I can wait on those for now.

Then at night I take 2 Magnesium

Some say to take with meals and some say to take 3 times a day etc. Each I listed I just take one except the fish oil and magnesium. Can't say much about the ALA yet. Although I did notice my muscle cramps aren't near as bad today but it could just be one of those days too. Going to be a long process but I keep saying to myself that I'm half way there now. Each day is a step closer to being free. I will check in again tonight.

#17 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Well my plans for the day have gone out the window but thats ok cause I just dont have the strength to do anything. Ordering pizza instead of cooking, tomorrow is another day right?? To answer your question I missed a dose my mistake but I am taking some graduals out of the 60mg each night. It is an eye ball quess each night but it seems to be about equal each night. I plan on staying like this for a couple of weeks and than lower some more. I just wish the headache would go away. Thankfully I still have the pain meds or else I think I would be totally a mess.

#18 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

Pizza sounds pretty good to me! I didn't cook either. Had some soup and it's all Ive had today. I had no plans other than we were taking the girls to a haunted forest. So I was on youtube watching vids most of the day then decided to play around make myself a gruesome zombie face lol. Then tonight I did my daughter and her friend and they got all dressed up to go to the forest. Drove all the way there and they chickened out. Had a feeling they would so no big deal. Taking my oldest and her friend Tue night to the Haunt. But was hoping my youngest would get over it and get into it this year for once. And so that's been my day. Feeling tired again tonight but not too bad. At least I have managed two days in a row without napping so it's a start. How many pellets are you taking out do you think? I am a little worried about counting pellets again and wondering how I will do. I only have 17 30mg caps left. I have one weeks worth of 60s left but afraid of dividing those in half they may still be stronger than the 30s because I noticed the pellets are larger in the 60s. So I haven't really figured out my plan on this. I hate trying to count the little buggers and each capsule contains a varied amount. I don't want to rush it too much and end up relapsing. I hope your headache is better tonight/tomorrow. I am glad to hear you just relaxed today though and I hope you do feel better tomorrow. Have to keep taking those baby steps each day should get a little better. I'm so glad you weren't on this med as long as some of the rest of us. I had read that the longer you have been on it the harder it is to get off it. Wish I could get my hands on some of the 20mg caps. Don't think my dr has those or if does he didnt offer any. I seriously wish I knew what the right way is and how to help others get off this stuff. I am back to thinking about adding the L-tyrosine as I continue to taper off cymbalta. Since it's one of the few things that doesn't interact with cymbalta. I think I will cut the L-tyrosine in halves to begin with to start a lower dose and allow my body adjust as I go. Maybe you could try some of that to see if it helps any? I know I keep rambling and searching for ways to help reduce wds and get off this med. I hate to keep pushing more ideas on anyone or advise something they don't wish to try I'm just trying to find ways to help. I truly do want to help. Even if all my rambling just helps others realize they aren't alone. Just thought it may help not only me keep a daily log of how I feel but let others know they aren't alone. I know my brain is all over the map right now trying to different ways on what to do. I just know and have heard that even after getting off the symptoms can still be there. Will check in tomorrow.

#19 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

thank you truckprincess for posting your info. And I'm thankful for this site. Here's a bit of my story;

I have been on cymbalta since January 2012 for depression and anxiety. Feb 18th 2013 will mark the 2nd year of my being on disability. I was given ciprolex at first and that was nat managing my anxiety so I was switched to cymbalta when I was during an outpatient program. It seemed to work at first, and over the summer I actually had some great days/weeks. I thought I had turned the corner and remember telling my therapist as such. That I was considering going back to work part time and things were looking up. The very next day I work up miserable and the following day i didn't get out of bed.. well except that I had to go see my MD (fortunately his office is across the street from where I live). I went back to bed as soon as I got home. I was so frustrated.... How can i go from being on top of the world one day, to being unable to get out of bed the next? My Dr decided it was time to try a different med. The drug of choice is now Wellbutrin, but of course I first have to come off Cymbalta.

My Dr's withdrawal plan was as follows:

1) drop from 90mg to 60mg for 1-2 weeks
2) then drop from 60 to 30 for 1-2 weeks
3) then 5 days of nothing
4) start taking Wellbutrin

I am currently on step 3, and my 4th day of taking nothing at all. and I've been going through hell just like everyone else on here. The brain zaps won't stop. I have no energy for anything, and I don't care about anything either. I am fortunate that I am not working right now. I don't have kids either, so it's just my Husband and I and he works and has a very busy schedule so i am at home alone a lot which i am quite fine with. So I can just indulge my desire to do absolutely nothing if that's what I want to do. Another part of me thinks (or perhaps it's because I've been told it's not healthy to be alone all the time) it would be better for me if I did have kids or work to motivate me to leave the house... to get showered and dressed.

I have to say I related to so much of what you have written: not having an interest in things you normally would, wanting to "just be alone" all the time. Heck, I even smiled when you wrote about wishing your husband would stop asking if you are ok. Mine does that too. He has been a great husband.. works all day and the comes home and makes dinner. These past two weeks I have barely left the house. Only when it's absolutely required.. like Dr's appt etc. I feel hot then cold. I sweat more than I used to - especially around my neck - and swear I have hot flashes, if I'm with people they laugh and tell me I'm too young (i'm 38) to be having hot flashes.

I am also at a point where I am questioning whether I should stay on meds or try to find alternate solutions. I have had periods in my life where I was working out at a gym regularly eating normally - i.e., mostly healthy with the odd dessert here and there, and just felt happy and alive. It's been a long long time since I felt that way. and I'm not sure if starting Wellbutrin will help with that goal or not.

Yesterday and today I have just slept and slept and watched TV and cried at the ending of all the TV shows. I feel defeated and not sure I'll ever come out of the gloom. I feel like my husband deserves so much more.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you again for writing about your experience. It has given me a lot of insight into my own experience.

#20 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Just a quick check in tonight. I had a preety good day and managed to do a few things around the house (making up for yesterday). I made a nice lasanga dinner & home made apple pie for desert but not I am done. Overwhelmed just thinking about work tomorrow. The weather here is nasty rainy & cold and is suppose to be like this all week. I have managed to keep the sappers at bay today and I think it is the clarition that is helping. The headache from hell is still here and seems to spike ever so often. Bunny515, it is a balancing act between wanting to be alone and needing the motivation of having people around. It;s a rollercaoster ride for sure as right now my guy is annoying the hell out of me for absolutely no reason yet I have wanted him here all week when he was at work....lol. Oh I should state that if I misspell anything or things are disjointed at times I can thank the lyrica for that as it has affected not only my short term memory but my ability to remember how to spell words at times.
I too sweat like crazy Bunny515 and just around my neck and head. I can wake up in the middle of the night totally soaked many times. So much for a full night's sleep as I havent had one of those for 2yrs now.

I hope the two of you are getting some much needed rest and can sleep peacefully tonight. I need to go back and stare at my closet still trying to figure out what to wear to work tomorrow.....urgh WORK~~~ ((hugs)) Thanks for being here & sharing your stories it helps so much as most people have not idea!!!!

#21 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

thank you truckprincess for posting your info. And I'm thankful for this site. Here's a bit of my story;

I have been on cymbalta since January 2012 for depression and anxiety. Feb 18th 2013 will mark the 2nd year of my being on disability. I was given ciprolex at first and that was nat managing my anxiety so I was switched to cymbalta when I was during an outpatient program. It seemed to work at first, and over the summer I actually had some great days/weeks. I thought I had turned the corner and remember telling my therapist as such. That I was considering going back to work part time and things were looking up. The very next day I work up miserable and the following day i didn't get out of bed.. well except that I had to go see my MD (fortunately his office is across the street from where I live). I went back to bed as soon as I got home. I was so frustrated.... How can i go from being on top of the world one day, to being unable to get out of bed the next? My Dr decided it was time to try a different med. The drug of choice is now Wellbutrin, but of course I first have to come off Cymbalta.

My Dr's withdrawal plan was as follows:

1) drop from 90mg to 60mg for 1-2 weeks
2) then drop from 60 to 30 for 1-2 weeks
3) then 5 days of nothing
4) start taking Wellbutrin

I am currently on step 3, and my 4th day of taking nothing at all. and I've been going through hell just like everyone else on here. The brain zaps won't stop. I have no energy for anything, and I don't care about anything either. I am fortunate that I am not working right now. I don't have kids either, so it's just my Husband and I and he works and has a very busy schedule so i am at home alone a lot which i am quite fine with. So I can just indulge my desire to do absolutely nothing if that's what I want to do. Another part of me thinks (or perhaps it's because I've been told it's not healthy to be alone all the time) it would be better for me if I did have kids or work to motivate me to leave the house... to get showered and dressed.

I have to say I related to so much of what you have written: not having an interest in things you normally would, wanting to "just be alone" all the time. Heck, I even smiled when you wrote about wishing your husband would stop asking if you are ok. Mine does that too. He has been a great husband.. works all day and the comes home and makes dinner. These past two weeks I have barely left the house. Only when it's absolutely required.. like Dr's appt etc. I feel hot then cold. I sweat more than I used to - especially around my neck - and swear I have hot flashes, if I'm with people they laugh and tell me I'm too young (i'm 38) to be having hot flashes.

I am also at a point where I am questioning whether I should stay on meds or try to find alternate solutions. I have had periods in my life where I was working out at a gym regularly eating normally - i.e., mostly healthy with the odd dessert here and there, and just felt happy and alive. It's been a long long time since I felt that way. and I'm not sure if starting Wellbutrin will help with that goal or not.

Yesterday and today I have just slept and slept and watched TV and cried at the ending of all the TV shows. I feel defeated and not sure I'll ever come out of the gloom. I feel like my husband deserves so much more.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you again for writing about your experience. It has given me a lot of insight into my own experience.

Hi Bunny, I hope this finds you feeling better today. I can't understand why your doctor decided to have you go 5 days of nothing before starting the wellbutrin. I was on wellbutrin for a while, I didn't think it was too bad to get off of but again everyone is different. You might want to research it to check any side effects and what not. I do think it's one of the lesser evil of drugs. Though they told me it would also help me quit smoking which it never did lol but I don't think I was on a very high dose either. Your story really touched me, I feel for you. I know I really miss working, I was a nurse aid for years and enjoyed my job, my co-workers, friends, went out and did things, had more energy and was in really good shape, I had a life. Since my accident I don't really have any friends other than a couple that I email but I don't see anyone, I don't go out. I am sure part of that is my fault as I know I have changed. When you chronic pain you don't really feel like going out and living it up. Then after so long of being at home it makes you lazy in truth and I have never been one who did well being a homebody all the time. It's never bothered me being alone and I do like it for the most part but also blame a lot on the cymbalta. It's hard to face facts and realize the person you have become on this med. I used to talk with my mom and friends all the time on the phone too and for the past few years the only one I talk to is my mom and that's when she stalks me lol. Then she complains I never call and we never do anything together any more. I feel bad and yet part of me doesn't. You made me LOL about the hot flashes and sweating. I remember telling my doctor years ago that I sweat so bad in my sleep I can't stand it and he told me I was too young for that. Yeah no kidding when you are in your twenties and dealing with that. Ive gotten used to it but lately with tapering I'm either freezing or hotter than hell. I keep turning the heat down and my husband cranks it up. I have been on a few different ads the last ten years (Im now 38 as well) but the cymbalta for at least 7yrs. Please don't feel defeated, it will get better in time. I know it feels like forever though. There were a few times I said I can't do this, I can't get off this stuff but I kept pushing anyway. Just know that you are not alone in this. I try to check in here a few times each day. Though yesterday I was wrapped up in trying to figure out how I'm going to taper from 30mg so I was side tracked and kind of zoned out just watching tv. Any way thank you for sharing your story as well and feel free to vent, scream (well type it loudly lol) whatever you need to do on here. I am happy to help support anyone in anyway that I can as I go through this too.

#22 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Just a quick check in tonight. I had a preety good day and managed to do a few things around the house (making up for yesterday). I made a nice lasanga dinner & home made apple pie for desert but not I am done. Overwhelmed just thinking about work tomorrow. The weather here is nasty rainy & cold and is suppose to be like this all week. I have managed to keep the sappers at bay today and I think it is the clarition that is helping. The headache from hell is still here and seems to spike ever so often. Bunny515, it is a balancing act between wanting to be alone and needing the motivation of having people around. It;s a rollercaoster ride for sure as right now my guy is annoying the hell out of me for absolutely no reason yet I have wanted him here all week when he was at work....lol. Oh I should state that if I misspell anything or things are disjointed at times I can thank the lyrica for that as it has affected not only my short term memory but my ability to remember how to spell words at times.
I too sweat like crazy Bunny515 and just around my neck and head. I can wake up in the middle of the night totally soaked many times. So much for a full night's sleep as I havent had one of those for 2yrs now.

I hope the two of you are getting some much needed rest and can sleep peacefully tonight. I need to go back and stare at my closet still trying to figure out what to wear to work tomorrow.....urgh WORK~~~ ((hugs)) Thanks for being here & sharing your stories it helps so much as most people have not idea!!!!

Hi Jnine! I am so glad you had a better day yesterday :) Also glad to hear the clariton is helping. You had me cracking up about your guy wanting and not wanting him around I was LMAO! All I could think of was I was so glad to know I am not the only one who wishes he would stop talking or better yet don't breathe my air. Just go sit in the other room or something LOL. Oh it's horrible. I don't like Lyrica at all. For one it didn't do crap for me and for another when I was working we had a lady who was on it and gained 90pds in 6mo being on that stuff. NO thank you! I hope you have a good day at work today and that all goes well for you. I will check in later and see how things are.

#23 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Didn't sleep for crap last night (but hey no crazy dream) so will probably lay down for a nap here soon. I hate to do that as then it begins that vicious circle but I also know my body needs all the rest it can get right now. Mentally was still pretty good yesterday but again still no energy so I watched a lot of tv and then focused on what my next step is going to be. Can't seem to figure it out. The bead counting thing has me a little nervous since each capsule seems to contain a diff amount. Not sure if I want to sit here and count each and everyone or if I want to dump out half and go that route. I think I figured out (since I couldn't really find any info online for certain) that if a capsule contains about 195 beads then around 6 beads should equal about 1mg. Just so frustrated these don't come in tablets that can be cut in halves and not have to worry about what each pill contains. I have to admit from this point forward I'm feeling pretty nervous. This forum is so awesome in helping others realize they are not alone and reading stories and trying to find ways to help. But on the other hand it's scary to hear what ppl still suffer after they finish their last dose and not knowing how long symptoms will last or if they will get better. Keep reminding myself to stay positive that I am half way through tapering and then I can worry about the rest later. I know I should be proud of myself that I was able to reduce my dose in half within 6 weeks and didn't suffer too terribly compared to others. Some are able to taper faster and others I have read took them a year to do so. I feel for anyone who has to just quit cold turkey, I really don't know how they do it. I think if it wasn't for my girls I probably would have done the same though. Just locked myself up for a week or so and got it over with. But I also have to wonder what damage this causes ppl doing it that way. Some have seemed to be pretty lucky and others not so much. But as I have said and figured out along the way it's all trial and error. And as the fog keeps lifting it feels so good to feel little parts of me again. I am so glad I chose to do this as scary as it can be I just truly feel it was the right time. Not going to take any motion sickness med today just to see how well I have adjusted now. Still taking advil to keep the headaches under control. I do think I will slowly up my doses of the fish oil and the ALA as I start to taper more to see if they help. I am still contemplating the L-tyrosine as well. Ive read many good things about it and think it would be a good idea to gradually add that and up it as well. I do know that once I am completely off cymbalta I plan to take those for at least a good month after. I did call and ask for more 30mg samples. Figured if I asked now maybe by the time I need them they will get them around unlike when they put me through withdrawal last time. Of course she said we have them and I will get them ready for asap. Oh well good. I would rather have them and not need them then the other way around. I just don't think the two weeks I have left will be long enough for me to taper off from. I had asked about 20mg but guess they didn't have them. I will ask again when I pick up the others though. IDK feel like my brain is all over the map trying to decide how to do this. I guess if they don't have any 20mgs I have no choice but to count out. I really wish this was easier for everyone doing this and that there were no side effects to worry about. But hopefully all my ramblings and trials will help someone else too. Well my body says it's time to sleep so I'm off for now. I will check back this afternoon.

#24 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Feel like crap tonight. Major headache and just all around shitty. Couldn't make it without the motion sickness med which is disappointing. I suppose I will have to take that daily for quite a while but it's better than all the crazy wd symptoms so trying not to get down about it. I will check in later after it has eased up some.

#25 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

OK so my motion sickness med kicked in and much better other than slight headache. I have decided to purchase a weigh scale for the tapering. If anyone is interested it's the Fast Weigh MS-500-BLK Digital Pocket Scale, 500 by 0.1 G very cheap on ebay for $6.99 free shipping. Cheap on amazon as well. Was going to order some empty gel capsules but figured I might as well wait until I am closer to needing them if I need them. For anyone wanting to do this and unsure on how to calculate say from 30mg to 25mg there is an online dosage calculator you can use. But it's very easy to configure. All you are doing is taking the amount wanted say the 25mg and dividing it by 30mg (dose available) to get 0.83 for the capsule. I don't know for sure until I get the scale but think I will have to then convert that mg to grams but that's pretty easy too and for anyone who needs to just find an online conversion chart. I think that by doing this will give me a much more accurate way of tapering rather than trying to count the little beads. So when it arrives I will go down to 25mgs. I am just going to have to take the motion sickness med every day, probably even a good month or so after I'm done with cymbalta. I see no reason to suffer through withdrawals if I don't have too. Ive not been emotional at all until today when I didn't take it so it's definitely helping. Not that I like the idea of trading one pill for another at least it's something over the counter and not addictive and I also look at it this way...it's safer than the cymbalta. I also took a second ALA today and two more fish oil pills. I am also going to start with the L-tryosine tomorrow. Going to dump out about 3/4 of those caps and take smaller doses. Go figure the ones I bought would be capsules. Guess that's it for tonight. I'm off to watch the walking dead since I fit right in ;) Will check in tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well.

#26 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hey truckprincess and Jnine, thanks for the encouraging words.

Today I slept most of the day, got up around 4pm and then been watching tv since. Last night had the worst nausea! took 2 gravol and went to bed, Gotta love Gravol! Not only does it make me have a deep sleep, it also helps prevent the nightmares.

I am supposed to start taking wellbutrin tomorrow and I have to say I'm a little scared. My husband says I should take it, he took it to help him quit smoking too. LOL He did quit but I don't think it was because of the drugs. He's just a very stubborn person so when he decides to do something, nothing stops him :) He said he felt great on wellbutrin. I could certainly use an uplift :)

Perhaps I should start another thread and journal my day to day experience of the transition.

#27 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

Hey truckprincess and Jnine, thanks for the encouraging words.

Today I slept most of the day, got up around 4pm and then been watching tv since. Last night had the worst nausea! took 2 gravol and went to bed, Gotta love Gravol! Not only does it make me have a deep sleep, it also helps prevent the nightmares.

I am supposed to start taking wellbutrin tomorrow and I have to say I'm a little scared. My husband says I should take it, he took it to help him quit smoking too. LOL He did quit but I don't think it was because of the drugs. He's just a very stubborn person so when he decides to do something, nothing stops him :) He said he felt great on wellbutrin. I could certainly use an uplift :)

Perhaps I should start another thread and journal my day to day experience of the transition.

Hi Bunny, Glad to hear from you! Oh I am happy to hear you got some really good deep sleep. Gravol is a motion sickness med right? Is that prescribed or over the counter? I know it's amazing how much that stuff really helps with a lot of the withdrawal symptoms! I took mine first thing this morning with my allergy med and some advil. Not waiting for symptoms to arrive figure I might as well just stay on top of it.

You could start another thread if you wish or you are more than welcome to just add to mine as you go. I started mine originally to keep track of what was going on and to help others so they know they aren't alone. I just think it really helps for me to write it all out and might help give others some ideas to try or not try lol. I know I tend to ramble on so I understand if you want your own thread. I just have no other outlet at the moment. It's nice to have someone else to talk to and check up on too to see how they are doing.

Well I agree if you feel you need "something" then take the Wellbutrin for a while. You can see how it works for you and always decide later on if you want to get off that or stick with it. I give you a lot of credit for sure, I don't know how managed to make it tapering the way the doctor had you do it. I know I couldn't do it the way my doctor told me. Sometimes I think they just do that fully knowing you will relapse and go back on it. Which is so sad to me. If it wasn't for me trying the motion sickness med finally I don't think I'd be as far as I am now. I hope you got some good rest again and feel better today! :)

#28 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

Morning TruckPrincess & Bunny515 - Yesterday and last night wasnt too bad for me the clarition seems to be working good for the zaps. Slept last night wasn't great alot of muscle cramps in my legs. I seem to get nausated a few times throughout the day/evening. I called in sick today to work which I hate doing because I have to burn a vacation day no more sick days left. I really need a day just to relax and do what I need to do. My job involves alot of walking. The scale is a great idea and I have one. Dont know why I didnt think of that. Oh ya know I know why I never thought of that, it's because I cant remember crap these days thanks to the Lyrica. I am hoping that my memory comes back one day!!! I really hope you both are doing ok today.
I will check back later on :)

#29 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Is the Lyrica helping you Jnine? Bummer you had to use a vaca day but glad you are just going to relax. I am curious to see how it works using the scale. I am hoping to drop 5mg each week once I get it. I took another ALA and 2 fish oil along with the L-tryosine this afternoon. Tried to nap this morning but it wasn't happening so I ran an errand and have been SLOWLY working on laundry and picking up the house. I am not tired really just no energy at all. Keep trying to push myself. This is so discouraging really. I'm sure the rainy cold weather doesn't help a bit. I feel so bad for those dealing with the hurricane, I can't even imagine. Well I need to force myself to clean floors and maybe actually take a shower today ( can't believe I am admitting this but it's been since Sat since Ive taken one). How pathetic. I will check in later.

#30 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hi ladies,

Thanks Truckprincess,if you don't mind then I will just post my entries in this thread. Sorry you've having a bad day Jnine!

So I am in Toronto Canada, so I guess some of the meds I reference are local. Gravol is an OTC med to help with nausea and dizziness. I does help with the nausea but it also makes me sleepy so I can't imagine taking it during the day on a regular basis. I slept until 11am today. I had wanted to get up earlier but 11am is better than 4pm. I have been watching CNN, my heart goes out to anyone dealing with the storm. We were just in NYC this past summer, can't imagine the city deserted with no subways running.

Tprincess, I now what you mean about showering. I haven't showered since Friday... I know it's gross isn't it... but the thought of standing up in the shower is just too much. i think i'll just take a bath tonight and ask my hubby to help me wash my hair.

So I talk my first dose of Wellbutrin this morning. So we'll see what happens. I still feel really spacey. Brain zaps still happening.. not as much, but still happening. Feel dizzy and nauseas when I stand up so I'm reclining on a chair most of the day, or in bed. My emotions are all over the place. I can cry at the drop of the hat... watching all the storm coverage isn't helping :( My eyes feel really strained, didn't want to even put contacts in so I've been wearing glasses. I have no energy and no desire to do anything either.

Just going to take it day by day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users