Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hey truckp., as for my job - they expect me to live on savings or to stay in the system by not working in Germany but FOR Germany in another country. It sounds incredible but it's true. It's this ancient civil servant system. They offer me a job I can't loose and in return I have to not want to "loose" it (not to work for anybody else), if you know what I mean. I have to stay faithful to them. This binds me to them and them to me. Old prussian system ;)
In this times where people loose their jobs far too easily this is a very attractive offer. Only if you want to look out for something else you're kind of stuck. Well, as you can see I'm already on the lookout for ways to get what I want all the same.

If you have been taking antibiotics all the time, didn't you get resistant to them? I thought that one mustn't take them too often because your body might not respond to them any more at some point.
I do hope that this is not the Cymbalta. I'm so sick of being sick, as you said. I haven't felt this sick for a long time, even not on the C.! That's also one reason why I think I shouldn't stop the weaning off process.

I want to see the bad ass ring!!! What about the boots?! Couldn't you get them one size bigger and then put in some soft material inside? They are awesome - I'd get them myself! :)
Haha, I can imagine your little niece commenting on your muscles :D It's such a good feeling to get them back again. I'm yearning for starting myself. I wonder if I could just start with some yoga? No real workout but just something to strengthen my body? I just can't go on sitting on the sofa only because I'm exhausted. Well, right now I'm sick but once that gets better....which I do hope it will!!!
I'm glad that you spent a lovely time with your family. I was sure you would, honey xxxx

Speak soon, I'll lie down a little again, so exhausted only by sitting up. xxx

Yes I'm sure at some point the antibiotics didn't do crap for me. It's sort of why I decided to start figuring out my own ways to try and prevent it. Then flipped when I realized the C was the issue. I had no clue. I'm sorry you are still feeling crappy. I wish I knew the answer. Is there a walk in clinic you could go to?

So have you applied to the job in California then or not? Man that just sounds so screwed up to me LOL. Seems rather evil in a way. Such control.

The pic of the ring is up. Oh I wish I could do the boots but IDK. Right now I need to figure out shoes for when working out. That's an issue that strains on my leg.

Yep I think if you start with yoga you will feel at least some what better. And at least it's something no matter how tired you are you can tolerate doing without pushing your body too hard. I was mad yesterday I wanted to do yoga before going to my families but couldn't find the disk. I have no idea where the kids put it and of course they don't know. UGH!

Well it's noon now and still in pjs so I guess I better figure out what I'm doing for the day. Too much to do and running out of time.

Hugs hun hope you start to feel better.

#572 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

A child who has to take cod-liver oil on a spoon can't be more happy than I am to take my daily kilo of pills.

#573 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

A child who has to take cod-liver oil on a spoon can't be more happy than I am to take my daily kilo of pills.

How are you feeling now? My mood was rather low today but managed to keep it under control. I skipped the ltyrosine tonight just to see how I am tomorrow. Maybe I'm still not ready for the 500mg or maybe shouldn't take it all. Maybe I don't really need it right now since Ive been taking it 60days now. I will see if there is any difference tomorrow without having taking it today or not. Well girls I have 4 pills of the C left then I'm finished. I'm very curious and SUPER hopeful how it goes after I finish. I imagine it will take some time to adjust but hoping that since I'm only on 2.5mg after a couple of days things will start to look up and get better.

I am considering going back to my old job on 3rd shift. They are hiring and have always told me they want me back. Thinking I would try since it's 3rd it won't be so hard on my body and yet will help get me back in shape and out in the world again. I will have to see if I can change my intern hours though as it will be too hard to work from 11p-7a then stay up and go into the intern from 10a-3p and won't get home until 4 and only get a few hrs of sleep before going back to work. Plus my class will also be starting at the same time so going to need some time to work on that as well. Just wondered what you girls think? I know it will be hard on my leg in the beginning so it won't be easy. But I'm so tired of being broke and apparently not going to find a job that won't require me running around as that's the work history I have. And that way if my moods are still a bit off at least it's when most of the residents are sleeping so it won't matter.

#574 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

How are you feeling now? My mood was rather low today but managed to keep it under control. I skipped the ltyrosine tonight just to see how I am tomorrow. Maybe I'm still not ready for the 500mg or maybe shouldn't take it all. Maybe I don't really need it right now since Ive been taking it 60days now. I will see if there is any difference tomorrow without having taking it today or not. Well girls I have 4 pills of the C left then I'm finished. I'm very curious and SUPER hopeful how it goes after I finish. I imagine it will take some time to adjust but hoping that since I'm only on 2.5mg after a couple of days things will start to look up and get better.

I am considering going back to my old job on 3rd shift. They are hiring and have always told me they want me back. Thinking I would try since it's 3rd it won't be so hard on my body and yet will help get me back in shape and out in the world again. I will have to see if I can change my intern hours though as it will be too hard to work from 11p-7a then stay up and go into the intern from 10a-3p and won't get home until 4 and only get a few hrs of sleep before going back to work. Plus my class will also be starting at the same time so going to need some time to work on that as well. Just wondered what you girls think? I know it will be hard on my leg in the beginning so it won't be easy. But I'm so tired of being broke and apparently not going to find a job that won't require me running around as that's the work history I have. And that way if my moods are still a bit off at least it's when most of the residents are sleeping so it won't matter.

I think it's a wonderful idea, Truckp.!! Exactly the thing for you to get started slowly. Go for it. Particularly as they said that they want you back. How good to know that they do, it will make you feel at ease. I'm sure you'll work out a feasable schedule for yourself if you follow your gut feeling. Do it, honey. You'll feel so much better. I'll send you a lot of good thoughts and energy!

Hugs, hugs, hugs and more hugs to you, honey....mwah, I know the doubts one has when one feels weepy. If you feel low now, don't be cross with yourself. Let go of every additional negative thinking. If you feel low, you feel low, that is enough misery - you needn't be impatient with yourself to top it all. Let your family hug you. Man, you have managed Christmas preparations while feeling crappy, you have been working out as often as you could, you are trying to get back into work - others would just say, leave me alone, I can't work yet, I need a rest after this cymbalta shit - and you have even supported us and your family. You deserve being so very proud of yourself.
Take it slowly, spoil yourself as often as you can.

I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas! I'm so grateful I met you, Jnine and Bunny. That is my best Christmas present this year. Without your support the battle would have been so much harder and lonely. I want to meet all of you one day. You have become friends in this short space of time xxxx

#575 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!!! <3 I hope every one has a wonderful day. Wanted to let you all know how much you mean to me and being soldiers in this battle by my side. It's truly a blessing to have made such wonderful friends in this journey. I'm so grateful for all you.

Thank you Tina :) I appreciate how much you encourage me it really means a lot to me. And thank you so much for reminding how hard I'm trying and doing even when at times it doesn't feel like I realize it. I hope you have a nice relaxing Xmas and hope you are feeling better.

I have been busy today cleaning, laundry, baking cookies, wrapping etc. Came up with the idea to send the kids on a scavenger hunt for their big ticket gifts. Wrapping things I felt bad as it doesn't seem like they really even got much but it's expensive and adds up fast. They are older now and realize it though. Plus I think they will be happy and I always worry it's never enough when it's silly. I think they would be happy with some arts and crafts stuff and be content. But I always worry and put way too much pressure on myself. Hopefully the hubby likes his gifts too. I'm so behind normally I let the girls give each other a gift on Xmas eve to open. But I forgot and they didn't get to wrap until I was finished and it was late and they were tired.

I didn't take any Ltyrosine again and my mood seemed fairly fine today other than just wanting to get everything done. I was tired today but I guess that's nothing new. I will give it another couple days without to see how I do. Maybe once off the C I will try it again. Only 3 more C left!! Excited and nervous about it.

Love and hugs ladies. I will check in I'm sure tomorrow sometime.

#576 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hang on, Truckp., you saying that you're going to be off Cymbalta after these 3 capsules??? But you only just started going down to 2,5mg? Isn't that too quick? If you don't have enough capsules any more, take one of your l-tyrosine capsules or some cheap supplement in capsules, get the stuff out and the C in. That's what I do.

I don't take any l-tyrosine any more as it made me want to puke and there was also a bit of panic. Not sure if it's the fault of the l-tyrosine but I haven't had it any more since I stopped taking it.

By the way, if you need something to boost your immune system, particularly if you don't want to take an antibiotic, then get yourself this:
The latin name for the plant is (Flores) Eupatorium Cannabinum, and our name is "Hemp Agrimony".

Merry Christmas again :) xxx

#577 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Tina I will have been on 2.5mg for 10 days by the time I finish. Ive been dropping about every 7-10 days so it's perfect. Im not gonna take the ltyrosine either- at least not for a few days. I think the Vitex is doing me wonders any way. I feel great, so much much better. Life is starting to feel amazing again. Haven't had much pain the last couple of days which is nice too.

Thanks for the info on the Hemp. I will have to check it out. I think though that once I get the C out for good things will clear up and hopefully get better!

Love and Hugs.

#578 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Actually I decided to skip the C tonight just to see how it goes since Ive only got 3 left any how.

#579 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

P.S. the Hemp agrimony is a tea.

#580 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Well I am now 4 days free of the C! So far so good. Fatigue has really hit, slight dizziness that seems to hit later in the day but it's not that bad. I ache really bad but have seriously slacked on exercising and water this last week. My appetite is confusing. I either can't tell that I'm hungry until I'm absolutely starving or feel nauseated. Or like today I was constantly hungry. Not cool as I'd like to lose weight not gain it lol. Still haven't decided if I will end up taking any Ltyrosine yet or not. I still think it did help with energy. I think since it's been 4 days now that I should hopefully start to pull out of some of this and get to feeling good again. Mood wise still doing really well. My face is breaking out again though :/ sigh..but I suppose it's to be expected with detoxing. The body will do what it needs too. Any way hoping I can push myself to get back on track here starting tomorrow. I'm taking rugby for the dizziness for now even though it's not that bad I'd rather just keep it under control if I can. Think I will take that a good week and then see how it goes. My sinuses can't seem to make up their mind right now. Swelling and stuffy feeling or they feel clear and open. I'm assuming that will be another thing that might take it's time. I am supposed to go for more lab work for my PCP although don't know what for and why again so suddenly. Can't remember when my next appt is but I'm not doing the labs until Ive been off the C for a bit longer. I will be curious to see what my cholesterol and Vit D are at. Any way thinking my next appt is in a couple of weeks and will probably have to reschedule due to my internship any how. I have an appt with my pain dr the 7th and can't wait to raise hell over not hearing anything back about the dr who is supposed to take out the implant. At this point they have screwed me since the insurance will start over again, I will have my internship to do and can't be missing any time from that. So IDK when I will be able to rid of the damn thing but I guess Ive had it this long what's a few more months. Just irks me as now would have been the right time. I know the surgery is outpatient thankfully but IDK what recovery time is or anything. So that's me for now. If I don't check in I hope everyone has a wonderful Happy New Year and stay safe!!

#581 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Well I am now 4 days free of the C! So far so good. Fatigue has really hit, slight dizziness that seems to hit later in the day but it's not that bad. I ache really bad but have seriously slacked on exercising and water this last week. My appetite is confusing. I either can't tell that I'm hungry until I'm absolutely starving or feel nauseated. Or like today I was constantly hungry. Not cool as I'd like to lose weight not gain it lol. Still haven't decided if I will end up taking any Ltyrosine yet or not. I still think it did help with energy. I think since it's been 4 days now that I should hopefully start to pull out of some of this and get to feeling good again. Mood wise still doing really well. My face is breaking out again though :/ sigh..but I suppose it's to be expected with detoxing. The body will do what it needs too. Any way hoping I can push myself to get back on track here starting tomorrow. I'm taking rugby for the dizziness for now even though it's not that bad I'd rather just keep it under control if I can. Think I will take that a good week and then see how it goes. My sinuses can't seem to make up their mind right now. Swelling and stuffy feeling or they feel clear and open. I'm assuming that will be another thing that might take it's time. I am supposed to go for more lab work for my PCP although don't know what for and why again so suddenly. Can't remember when my next appt is but I'm not doing the labs until Ive been off the C for a bit longer. I will be curious to see what my cholesterol and Vit D are at. Any way thinking my next appt is in a couple of weeks and will probably have to reschedule due to my internship any how. I have an appt with my pain dr the 7th and can't wait to raise hell over not hearing anything back about the dr who is supposed to take out the implant. At this point they have screwed me since the insurance will start over again, I will have my internship to do and can't be missing any time from that. So IDK when I will be able to rid of the damn thing but I guess Ive had it this long what's a few more months. Just irks me as now would have been the right time. I know the surgery is outpatient thankfully but IDK what recovery time is or anything. So that's me for now. If I don't check in I hope everyone has a wonderful Happy New Year and stay safe!!

Hi All,
Well, my life has changed for the better... and it is about time. I decided to change my meds and start myself back on Lyrica. I have not been sleeping much at all for about two months, and part of that was due to the pain in my feet. I went back on Lyrica, and now I sleep. Now my anxiety is gone, and most of the pain is gone, as well. I feel like myself again. I am eating better, as well. I had been forcing myself to eat. My skin and hair look better! I cannot believe the difference. The swelling has even gone down in my right foot, but that may be because I have been able to rest the past few days. Rest and sleep work wonders for a body.
I am going to start myself on ALA, as it has been know to help neuropathic pain. Also, I would like to reduce my dose of Lyrica to the minimum. It is not a demon like C.... I can stop it anytime I like, with no withdrawal. Who knows, maybe something better will come in the future for nerve pain.
Truckp, you only have a few weeks till you start your internship. Yea! I am sure you will do well. Jnine and Tina, I hope you are doing well. I will tryto check in tomorrow. Take care, all.
Houtex

#582 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hi All,
Well, my life has changed for the better... and it is about time. I decided to change my meds and start myself back on Lyrica. I have not been sleeping much at all for about two months, and part of that was due to the pain in my feet. I went back on Lyrica, and now I sleep. Now my anxiety is gone, and most of the pain is gone, as well. I feel like myself again. I am eating better, as well. I had been forcing myself to eat. My skin and hair look better! I cannot believe the difference. The swelling has even gone down in my right foot, but that may be because I have been able to rest the past few days. Rest and sleep work wonders for a body.
I am going to start myself on ALA, as it has been know to help neuropathic pain. Also, I would like to reduce my dose of Lyrica to the minimum. It is not a demon like C.... I can stop it anytime I like, with no withdrawal. Who knows, maybe something better will come in the future for nerve pain.
Truckp, you only have a few weeks till you start your internship. Yea! I am sure you will do well. Jnine and Tina, I hope you are doing well. I will tryto check in tomorrow. Take care, all.
Houtex

There you are!! So glad to hear from you and to hear that you are doing so much better :) YAY I'm so happy for you!! Today makes 6 nights C free for me!! Still doing pretty well and have been told what a difference it has made for the better in me. Makes me feel good!

#583 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

8 days C free. Still fighting fatigue and dizziness. The dizziness hits harder later on in the early evening time. My appetite is still a crazy mess but I think the Holidays also goofed it all up. Ive read that "normal" range of side effects can last up to 3 months so don't anyone get discourage with any ongoing side effects after stopping the C. That they do get better as time goes on so if anyone continues to have side effects that are just as harsh as in the beginning then it could mean you need to be on something ( I'm talking any depression related symptoms). And we all know it can take up to a year for the brain system to fully recover. Thankfully my mood is still pretty great all in all. Just wish the fatigue would hurry up. Usually it lasts about a week then it gets better for me. Was hoping the dizziness would be better by now as well. It's not horrible just annoying. Especially the more tired I get. Think the sinuses are still a bit off but does seem as though the swelling is getting better. Need to get back to exercising and more water as that seemed to really help things too. I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to report my journey at this point.

#584 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Morning Ladies: How is everyone. Was Santa good to you all. I had a nice holiday nothing over the top , a couple of emotional hicups. I was thinking about it the other day and I cant remember the date that I stopped the Cymbalta. I will have to go back thru the posts and find out. I am so happy for you Truckp, it's been one hell of a ride for sure.

Houtex how is your foot??? I am still waiting for an appt at the fracture clinic and now my wrist is screwed too. My foot wasn't feeling too bad until I came to work yesterday and that was that. Last night I was in so much pain due to it that I couldnt sleep. Today is no better it is throbbibg so bad. I wish you the best on the Lyrica. That drug wasn't for me either thou. It really affected my short term memory and my eye sight which I am still having issues with. I can't wait to have these meds completely out of my system. What a shock it will be to find out who I am again!!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day & I will check in later. ((hugs))

#585 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

YAY slowly pulling out of the fatigue and didn't notice any dizziness today. Still sleeping about 9hrs though. But not going to complain as I hope no insomnia comes around to bite me. Finally getting some major things done around the house. Hoping for another big day of it tomorrow then I can chill for a day with the girls. Then hit it some more. I cant remember if I'm 9 or 10 days C free now. Just so happy to be free of it. I know there will still be ups and downs along the way but things should slowly improve for the better. Mood is still very good. I think I can honestly say I don't see where the C helped at all with my pain. Ive actually had days where my pain level was much better and have to still wonder if the C made things worse. Hoping by Monday I can begin working out again and get back on schedule with daily life. Hope you heal up fast Jnine. That still blows my mind. Houtex hope things are still going super well your way :) stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. Glad the Lyrica is helping you so much.

#586 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

YAY slowly pulling out of the fatigue and didn't notice any dizziness today. Still sleeping about 9hrs though. But not going to complain as I hope no insomnia comes around to bite me. Finally getting some major things done around the house. Hoping for another big day of it tomorrow then I can chill for a day with the girls. Then hit it some more. I cant remember if I'm 9 or 10 days C free now. Just so happy to be free of it. I know there will still be ups and downs along the way but things should slowly improve for the better. Mood is still very good. I think I can honestly say I don't see where the C helped at all with my pain. Ive actually had days where my pain level was much better and have to still wonder if the C made things worse. Hoping by Monday I can begin working out again and get back on schedule with daily life. Hope you heal up fast Jnine. That still blows my mind. Houtex hope things are still going super well your way :) stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. Glad the Lyrica is helping you so much.

Hey :)

It's been a while...
I'm so glad that you don't get mood swings now but actually feel really good! And about your skin, yes I think your body needs to recover and you can also tell that from the skin. For me it's nearly always the first part of my body that reacts to things. Also glad that you sleep well, even if it's much. Soo much better than insomnia!!

I'm worried about work as I still need much sleep (like you) but don't fall asleep easily nor as early as I need to get those hours of sleep. Drinking enough is an issue too.

By the way, I went down to 17mg today (instead of 15mg), that's a compromise. My mood is not very good now. But I think it's more the fact that work is looming and that I'm cross with myself for being lazy and so little energetic.
Still, my mood hasn't been very good these weeks, which worries me. Somehow the mood is also connected to my lack of energy. So as a summary I would say that I have bouts of depression with the tiredness and weariness that goes with it. I so wish I didn't have to work on the side. I have no idea how much the pressure to get the marking and preparing done adds to a general feeling of exhaustion. Girls, I still think this is a burnout plus the withdrawals.
How do people get over a burnout? I can't believe that a 6 week cure in some nice wellness-clinic thing does the trick. I'll try to get an appt with my doctor and think the possibilities through.

So...my dears...back to work.
xxx

#587 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hey :)

It's been a while...
I'm so glad that you don't get mood swings now but actually feel really good! And about your skin, yes I think your body needs to recover and you can also tell that from the skin. For me it's nearly always the first part of my body that reacts to things. Also glad that you sleep well, even if it's much. Soo much better than insomnia!!

I'm worried about work as I still need much sleep (like you) but don't fall asleep easily nor as early as I need to get those hours of sleep. Drinking enough is an issue too.

By the way, I went down to 17mg today (instead of 15mg), that's a compromise. My mood is not very good now. But I think it's more the fact that work is looming and that I'm cross with myself for being lazy and so little energetic.
Still, my mood hasn't been very good these weeks, which worries me. Somehow the mood is also connected to my lack of energy. So as a summary I would say that I have bouts of depression with the tiredness and weariness that goes with it. I so wish I didn't have to work on the side. I have no idea how much the pressure to get the marking and preparing done adds to a general feeling of exhaustion. Girls, I still think this is a burnout plus the withdrawals.
How do people get over a burnout? I can't believe that a 6 week cure in some nice wellness-clinic thing does the trick. I'll try to get an appt with my doctor and think the possibilities through.

So...my dears...back to work.
xxx

Awww :( Sweetie I think you are still being too hard on yourself! The fatigue will pass eventually and you should regain energy again. I still wonder if Vitex would help you. I know not another supplement LOL. Only reason I wonder is because we as women go through so many hormonal changes anytime our bodies are going through something like this. Female bodies are more complex than mens are so I can't help but think maybe it's not also part of the issue. Maybe it's worth a try? At least it's cheap lol. Just a thought any how. Makes me wonder though if my mood would be this good without having taken it the last couple of months. Maybe I just got lucky IDK. Now if that wellness clinic was a nice spa I'd say hell yeah to six weeks away of relaxation and recouping lol.I am glad you decided to try the 17mg though and I would stick with it a tad longer I think. Like I said I think that's the mg area where my emotions got weepy too. I do think part of your problem is your job too. I wish I could get you away! Burn out is hard. Ive hit that when doing nursing work. It can get to you and make you mentally tired. It's time to move on when you hit that bad that even after a couple of weeks off you are just dreading it. Let us know if and when you see your dr and what is said. When was the last time you had some bloodwork done?

#588 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Awww :( Sweetie I think you are still being too hard on yourself! The fatigue will pass eventually and you should regain energy again. I still wonder if Vitex would help you. I know not another supplement LOL. Only reason I wonder is because we as women go through so many hormonal changes anytime our bodies are going through something like this. Female bodies are more complex than mens are so I can't help but think maybe it's not also part of the issue. Maybe it's worth a try? At least it's cheap lol. Just a thought any how. Makes me wonder though if my mood would be this good without having taken it the last couple of months. Maybe I just got lucky IDK. Now if that wellness clinic was a nice spa I'd say hell yeah to six weeks away of relaxation and recouping lol.I am glad you decided to try the 17mg though and I would stick with it a tad longer I think. Like I said I think that's the mg area where my emotions got weepy too. I do think part of your problem is your job too. I wish I could get you away! Burn out is hard. Ive hit that when doing nursing work. It can get to you and make you mentally tired. It's time to move on when you hit that bad that even after a couple of weeks off you are just dreading it. Let us know if and when you see your dr and what is said. When was the last time you had some bloodwork done?

What is Vitex? ...I'll look it up. I regret not having followed your suggestion to stay on 20mg for a week longer. Today sucks. I'm having anxiety and sadness, bah.
But it's really my fault, too. I haven't taken my kilo of supplements this week, I didn't sleep much nor get enough liquids into my body. I have actually been really bad. (Why does this make me think of Dobby in Harry Potter?? "Bad Dobby!!")

Speak soon, dear Truckp. Hope you are still doing fine moodwise!! xxx

#589 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Girls, I had to go up again today because it got too bad. Truckp., you were right, I should have given it more time when I was at 20mg. One week was not enough. It seems that it's really harder once one is below 30mg. These last days I haven't been able to work because the fatigue and sadness were overwhelming. Going down below 20mg wasn't good. So today I went up again and not only to 20mg but to 23mg to make sure that it goes quick that I feel better. I have to be able to work. I so hate this withdrawal. I'm scared of tomorrow because I just can't concentrate. How am I supposed to work?

#590 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Girls, I had to go up again today because it got too bad. Truckp., you were right, I should have given it more time when I was at 20mg. One week was not enough. It seems that it's really harder once one is below 30mg. These last days I haven't been able to work because the fatigue and sadness were overwhelming. Going down below 20mg wasn't good. So today I went up again and not only to 20mg but to 23mg to make sure that it goes quick that I feel better. I have to be able to work. I so hate this withdrawal. I'm scared of tomorrow because I just can't concentrate. How am I supposed to work?

It should kick in and you should start to feel much better right away I would think. So tomorrow I would think you should feel it. Stop rushing it hun! You might be able to go back to 20 after the 23mg kicks in but really you need to wait until you feel stable before dropping again. I'm looking back through my dose notes. I did fine the first two weeks of alternating between 60/30mg. Tried 30mg for 3 days I couldn't do it. Took a reg 60. Then tried removing 7 pellets a day from the 60mg. Did OK until I reached about 45mg struggled there. Took another regular 60mg. I swear I didn't think I was gonna be able to do this. Messed around with removing pellets again only to relapse back to 60mg for a few days. Messed around with removing pellets again. By week 6 said screw it and started the 30mg and one day took a 60mg. Was on 30mg for two and half to three weeks before I dropped to 25mg. After which I dropped every week 5mg. Reached 15mg for 10 days, then tried not taking any a few days and couldn't tolerate it. Took a 15mg then with my screw up after that I was on 7.5mg for a week. Then reached 5mg for 10days and then 2.5 for 6 days and finally zero. But you are at that maddening mg stage where it gets to you. The fatigue does hit harder and emotions are off balance. For me it took almost 9wks to get from 60 to 30 and be stable enough to drop from 30mg. Then right around that 20mg/15mg mark is hard too. As we have read it was easier for some to go from 60 to 30 and harder after that and for me it was harder to go from 60 to 30. I stayed on 15 a little longer as my emotions were funky at that stage. With every dosage drop the fatigue hit hard. Maybe you should try staying at 20 for 10 days to two weeks before dropping again? I know it's hard right now as you feel like crap and you want off of it so badly but take your time now. And you can't compare yourself to others on this either. Some ppl it's takes them a yr to get off of it, others can do it in a few weeks. Took me what 4 months I think. Been done for almost two weeks now and just starting to slowly pull out of the fatigue. It's not an easy thing to go through and I feel for you having to do this while working. I definitely think you should take it slower just because of work. Don't beat yourself up over this you have done really well compared to some others on here. You can do this just take your time. Take your supplements!! Your body needs the time and supplements to heal itself. Let it do it's job :) <3 you!!

#591 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

It should kick in and you should start to feel much better right away I would think. So tomorrow I would think you should feel it. Stop rushing it hun! You might be able to go back to 20 after the 23mg kicks in but really you need to wait until you feel stable before dropping again. I'm looking back through my dose notes. I did fine the first two weeks of alternating between 60/30mg. Tried 30mg for 3 days I couldn't do it. Took a reg 60. Then tried removing 7 pellets a day from the 60mg. Did OK until I reached about 45mg struggled there. Took another regular 60mg. I swear I didn't think I was gonna be able to do this. Messed around with removing pellets again only to relapse back to 60mg for a few days. Messed around with removing pellets again. By week 6 said screw it and started the 30mg and one day took a 60mg. Was on 30mg for two and half to three weeks before I dropped to 25mg. After which I dropped every week 5mg. Reached 15mg for 10 days, then tried not taking any a few days and couldn't tolerate it. Took a 15mg then with my screw up after that I was on 7.5mg for a week. Then reached 5mg for 10days and then 2.5 for 6 days and finally zero. But you are at that maddening mg stage where it gets to you. The fatigue does hit harder and emotions are off balance. For me it took almost 9wks to get from 60 to 30 and be stable enough to drop from 30mg. Then right around that 20mg/15mg mark is hard too. As we have read it was easier for some to go from 60 to 30 and harder after that and for me it was harder to go from 60 to 30. I stayed on 15 a little longer as my emotions were funky at that stage. With every dosage drop the fatigue hit hard. Maybe you should try staying at 20 for 10 days to two weeks before dropping again? I know it's hard right now as you feel like crap and you want off of it so badly but take your time now. And you can't compare yourself to others on this either. Some ppl it's takes them a yr to get off of it, others can do it in a few weeks. Took me what 4 months I think. Been done for almost two weeks now and just starting to slowly pull out of the fatigue. It's not an easy thing to go through and I feel for you having to do this while working. I definitely think you should take it slower just because of work. Don't beat yourself up over this you have done really well compared to some others on here. You can do this just take your time. Take your supplements!! Your body needs the time and supplements to heal itself. Let it do it's job :) <3 you!!

Truckp., you're a darling xxxxxxx
Btw, yesterday I got myself so messed up by worrying about today (monday/work) that I called in sick for today and tomo. That civil servant status has its good sides :P
But as they exploit us so that we get burnouts, saying that they offer us an irredeemable job (unless I start beating children which I won't :) ), I actually have no bad conscience.
Hugs xxx

#592 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Truckp., I made an appt with my doc for tomorrow. I'll ask her if she can put me on sick leave because of the burnout. I mean, before I just took meds to do something against it...which didn't help the basic issue: complete exhaustion. I really need to be off work for a long while, otherwise I'll end up taking anti-depressants again and again. I hear that after a burnout sick leave they will make you start slowly, and that would do the trick for me, I think.
It wouldn't be enough to go on a 6 week cure and then start with less hours at work. I wonder how long such a sick leave is. I wish it was several months. Not because I'm lazy but because my whole body just can't do this any more. We teachers do get many holidays, true, but it depends on your subjects whether you really HAVE holidays. I am constantly working, apart from the summer holidays. But working for all the year, then getting 6 weeks off (of which I'll be preparing the new term for 2 weeks) is hard. I don't have weekends either, or else I'm not able to finish the marking that is due every single week.

Yes, I know that the actual exhaustion is due to the C. Gosh, it is SO complete! I wake up in the morning, wash, then return into bed because the wash has been too much already. Plus I'm sweating my bed through right now. Tonight I drenched 2 bath towels and 2 tshirts. Completely wet, not just moist. It wasn't as bad these last weeks, so I guess the sweating is due to the higher dose. So, yesterday I already went to 23 and this morning too, but still no less sadness and fatigue :( Was it not enough? Should I go back to 25mg? Remember, I went down to 20mg the other day and that's when I started too be a bit unstable, weepy, and it wouldn't really go away...although it was bearable. Then, after a week I reduced again and that's when I got this overwhelming sadness and fatigue. So maybe I should go back to 25mg because it was the last dose I was stable on? Girls, what do you think?

Ah, btw., I'm not only sweating, I'm also shivering with cold. But this might also be due to my not moving at all right now. Impossible to force myself to run now.
Yesterday I went for a walk with a friend and was really tired afterwards, I think I lost all muscles with this fatigue + not moving any more.
Girls, I'm not complaining, really, it will be good again sometime, I know.
It's more that I'm scared. WHEN am I going to be stable again, I ask myself.

It's noon now and I still haven't done any marking. I had wanted to at least get that done while staying at home and getting through this bad bout of withdrawals.

If my doc gives me a sick leave I'll be so relieved! Did you read that Robby Williams actually went to hospital for withdrawals from antidepressants (!)? Well, we are doing it without, plus dealing with husbands and kids (you, Jnine and Bunny) and work.
If I were rich I'd send you the money needed for your classes and books, Truckp., just to relieve you of that fear at least. Having work is so important.

I wonder how Jnine is doing??! What about your second wrist? Do you think it's fractured too? Are you really going to lose your job? :( Hugs, darling, I so, so hope that all goes well.

#593 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Truckp., I made an appt with my doc for tomorrow. I'll ask her if she can put me on sick leave because of the burnout. I mean, before I just took meds to do something against it...which didn't help the basic issue: complete exhaustion. I really need to be off work for a long while, otherwise I'll end up taking anti-depressants again and again. I hear that after a burnout sick leave they will make you start slowly, and that would do the trick for me, I think.
It wouldn't be enough to go on a 6 week cure and then start with less hours at work. I wonder how long such a sick leave is. I wish it was several months. Not because I'm lazy but because my whole body just can't do this any more. We teachers do get many holidays, true, but it depends on your subjects whether you really HAVE holidays. I am constantly working, apart from the summer holidays. But working for all the year, then getting 6 weeks off (of which I'll be preparing the new term for 2 weeks) is hard. I don't have weekends either, or else I'm not able to finish the marking that is due every single week.

Yes, I know that the actual exhaustion is due to the C. Gosh, it is SO complete! I wake up in the morning, wash, then return into bed because the wash has been too much already. Plus I'm sweating my bed through right now. Tonight I drenched 2 bath towels and 2 tshirts. Completely wet, not just moist. It wasn't as bad these last weeks, so I guess the sweating is due to the higher dose. So, yesterday I already went to 23 and this morning too, but still no less sadness and fatigue :( Was it not enough? Should I go back to 25mg? Remember, I went down to 20mg the other day and that's when I started too be a bit unstable, weepy, and it wouldn't really go away...although it was bearable. Then, after a week I reduced again and that's when I got this overwhelming sadness and fatigue. So maybe I should go back to 25mg because it was the last dose I was stable on? Girls, what do you think?

Ah, btw., I'm not only sweating, I'm also shivering with cold. But this might also be due to my not moving at all right now. Impossible to force myself to run now.
Yesterday I went for a walk with a friend and was really tired afterwards, I think I lost all muscles with this fatigue + not moving any more.
Girls, I'm not complaining, really, it will be good again sometime, I know.
It's more that I'm scared. WHEN am I going to be stable again, I ask myself.

It's noon now and I still haven't done any marking. I had wanted to at least get that done while staying at home and getting through this bad bout of withdrawals.

If my doc gives me a sick leave I'll be so relieved! Did you read that Robby Williams actually went to hospital for withdrawals from antidepressants (!)? Well, we are doing it without, plus dealing with husbands and kids (you, Jnine and Bunny) and work.
If I were rich I'd send you the money needed for your classes and books, Truckp., just to relieve you of that fear at least. Having work is so important.

I wonder how Jnine is doing??! What about your second wrist? Do you think it's fractured too? Are you really going to lose your job? :( Hugs, darling, I so, so hope that all goes well.

That's a good idea. Maybe if you could have some time off and just relax while you do this it would ease the anxiety some. Do you think your dr will do it? Is she supportive of you going off the C? Let me know what she says. I think sick leave is still only 6wks although it may be longer in Germany just after the 6wks you get less pay?

If you felt better at 25mg I would go back to 25mg (although it will also depend on if your dr will allow the sick leave). If you have the time off just stay at 23mg and let it works its way. If you can't get the time off then definitely go back to 25mg so that you can handle things with work. But either way is totally up to you. Just seems the 23mg should have kicked in and helped since you had went to 17mg. How long were you on 17mg? Or maybe take 25mg tomorrow then the next day go back to 23mg? I can't really answer for you as you need to do what is best for you but if you get the time off and less worries you will be able to play with the C more and just let things happen. Know what I mean? No matter what you do I think you will be able to handle the withdrawals much easier if you are off work. My fingers are crossed as I surely hope she give you the time. I truly think if you get rid of all that anxiety of work you will probably find your wds aren't as bad. But don't be surprised if she tells you it's quite common to suffer anxiety issues when tapering off an AD. A lot of ppl seem to have that issue.

awww you are so sweet about my schooling :) It will be OK. Everything always finds a way and works out. IDK how but we always do. But being the woman I am I will stress to death over it LOL. Hopefully I can get my old job back and if we can get his mothers house cleaned out and rented we will be doing really well. I found out the employer never got my resume so I had to resend it. Was wondering why I hadn't heard anything as they have always said I could come back. Of course it won't be easy to do on my body, plus school work plus my internship but it would only be a struggle for a couple of months. I will figure it all out. Pieces will fall into place. Worst case scenario is I will take forever to pay the class and they won't let me graduate or kick me out of class. As long as I can figure out a way to pay something on it they shouldn't kick me out but they will not let me obtain my degree until it's paid.

Well I hate to do this as there are several things I wanted to do today and one of them being getting back to working out and getting back to a normal routine since the kids are back in school but I think I really just need a nap!!! I'm just so wore out right now even though I have slept well and did nothing yesterday. I will check in later. Waiting to hear what Jnine finds out. Houtex has disappeared as well...and wth is bunny these days? THought she was back from her trip by now.

#594 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

3 weeks C free today!!!! whoohooo feeling better all the time!

#595 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

One month free of the C!! I take no other antidepressants and I'm doing great. Ive had no issues so far. Keeping up with vitamins, supplements, trying to eat a little better and more often (not just once a day), and exercising seems to really help.

#596 sylvia2608

sylvia2608

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hello Ladies.  I have been following your posts since Nov.  I too have struggled with cymbalta.  It did help at the beginning but the last 6 mos or so before I came off it, i was having all sorts of ill feelings.  Anything from upset stomach/nausea, increased anxiety, vision problems, sleeping disturbances & more.  I visited my doc twice during that time, wanted to stop taking cymbalta.  Her answer to my request was "why? Lets give it a few more months".  I dont know what she was waiting for exactly, wondered if maybe she was making $ off my Rx.  Anyways, I want to say "THANK YOU".  Since i started reading your posts, i stopped feeling like i was insane, i felt better knowing that there were other people out there feeling the same symptoms.  I researched & tried several suggestions many of you posted.  I'm happy to report that I have been off C for 2 weeks now.  I weaned myself off by taking 5 beads out at a time until I got to 20, then I ran out of capsules, so stopped completely.  It was a rough few days at the beginning but I did it! Im off the darn thing!!  Im feeling better, still get the brain zaps every so often but not nearly as bad as i did before.  I still have some anxiety at times. I am now taking Rescue Remedy, which really seems to help the anxiety & sleep disturbances.  I think RR has saved me from attacking a few people!  Along with the fish oil & multi vitamins, I almost feel like myself again.  Just started excercising again, not quiet was I was doing before, but its a start. 

Again, I thank you all for sharing your experiences and suggestions on what has & hasnt worked for you, you've been a life saver! 

P/S:  Caffeine does make the zaps worse, monitor your intake.

#597 LAnnLanglois

LAnnLanglois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum, I am so happy to have found this site!

... my battle so far:

I started Cymbalta October 19, 2012 for chronic low pack pain.("imagine you... with no pain...")

I could not stand the side effects:

• Skin crawling, “goose bumps” constantly
  • Crazy extreme yawning which went away after a few days
  • Tremor (pronounced, even when sleeping –as noted by spouse)
  • Caffeine intolerance
  • nausea
  • Feeling flat like a zombie.  Low energy, complacent
  • High resting heart rate, pounding heart when resting, rate > 85
  • Crushing pain in extremities when suddenly in motion
  • Dry mouth

So I quit on January 13, 2013. The w/d was terrible like nothing I ever imagined. I have never been on antidepressants before, the cymbalta was prescribed to me for chronic low back pain and I had no idea what I was in for. After day 3 of quitting it, (last week) I was in bed crying with extreme dizziness, things got progressively worse from there.

• Waves of extreme dizziness
  • More emotional
  • Nausea
  • diarhea
  • Hot flashes and drenching sweat
  • Noise in ear
  • Head HOT, feels like fever, heat coming off of it yet hands and feet ICE cold and painful
  • Short of breath
  • Insomnia

I called the clinic that prescribed the cymbalta and they recommended going back ON it at 20 mg,  but I refused to put ANY more of that poison in my body. I saw my internist yesterday (not from the pain clinic that prescribed the Cymbalta) , and she recommended:

*2 x 10 mg fluoxetine (Prozac) / day for one week then 1/day for one week

*meclizine 25 mg as needed for vertigo

I had 2 fluoxetine  and 2 today.  I took 2 meclizine yesterday, and 2 today.

I feel SO MUCH BETTER today. I feel somewhat like me again (from before Cymbalta).  I hope the worst is behind me!

#598 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Oh I am so so happy for both of you!! It's good to hear that you are both starting to feel like yourselves again! It is a horrible battle to go through but you have made it! Be proud of yourselves :)  I have to admit that the last few days for me my pain levels have risen again but it could be extra stress or the crazy weather. Either way I still push through working out. I try to exercise 5 out of 7 days. Even if I'm not feeling it I will do at least a half hour workout. I say this because Ive had a couple of days this last week where I started to feel a little down about things but after exercising I felt better. I know how hard it is to force yourself to do anything when things are bothering you or when  you deal with chronic pain but it really does help.

I will never ever in my life touch that stuff again or anything like it. Mentally keep reminding myself no matter what stay positive (it's not always easy) but I tell myself just have to try. Get knocked down, brush yourself off and try again.

Congrats to both of you! Let me know how you are doing in a few weeks. I hope things continue to get better and better for both of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users