• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brandy

Brandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

I have been off of my cymbalta 60mg for 7 days now and the really bad withdrawal symptoms have passed (I hope) for the most part. I am no longer nauseous or feeling constant flu like symptoms. The muscle aches have finally passed to a tolerable level.

However I am still suffering from what I can only describe as adrenaline dumps (all day long). The felling you get after a bad scare or huge rush, the after effect shakes and heart racing and weak knees stuff like that. And these damn brain jumps, like my eyes and brain are not in sync and constantly catching up. I think others are calling this Brain Zaps or skips.

I am an accountant and these are seriously effecting my ability to do my job and I am desperate to not get back on this drug now that I have come so far getting off of it. Are there any natural or over the counter supplements that I can take to help? I am for the first time in my life taking, calcium, Vit D3, Vit C, and a good multi-women's blend supplement. But while they are helping i think with the other side effects of withdrawal they are not helping with the two main issues that are just the worst for me.

Any suggestions of supplements I can add to my list to help with this is so greatly appreciated. The brain zaps are the worst...I can live with the adrenaline but I am terrified I will turn my head to quick while driving and pass out or wreck my car. I have a young child that is with me often and the thought of these withdrawal symptoms possibly hurting her freak me to the point of panic.

I do have generic Zoloft and Xanex to take if I absolutely need to.

#2 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

I have found that taking the Rugby travel sickness med 25mg took away ALL my withdrawal symptoms for the majority. I don't get any brain zaps, dizziness, head swooshing, none of that. It comes with a bottle of 100 chewables for only $6 or $7 bucks. IDK where you live but you may have to go an actual pharmacy to find it. I mean not Walgreens or Walmart or anything like that. The only other brand I could find that was close to the same ingredients were the Bonine but comes with less and costs more. Also with the Rugby it's 24hrs so you only take one or two. Many suggest fish oil to help as well but since it was something I already took IDK if that's why it didn't work for me but it's good to add into your supplements any how. You can also add in ALA as that may help with the adrenaline to balance out. You can also order the Rugby online but it will cost $11 or so with shipping. Which if you can't find it and have to order it's still pretty cheap. I think the reason it helps so much is that it is Maclizine HCl 25 mg (Antiemetic) unlike others that use different ingredients. I know that what works for one person may not work for another but I am telling you this has been a wonder drug for me. I would not have made it from 60mg down to 30mg like I did without it. It is over the counter but it used to be prescription. It also comes in 12.5mg I think it is but for me I use the 25mg. I hope it helps you if you give it a try let me know how it goes for you.

#3 muddyheaded

muddyheaded

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationwest coast
  • why_joining:
    i want OFF of this demon drug

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

i'm on day maybe 15 of withdrawal....i began by eliminating 7 beads a day until i reached over 157 removed - i've not been able to discover how many of those buggers are in one capsule - it's 'proprietary' info re Cymbalta....anyway, it's been a totally sucky experience, particularly the dizziness, light headedness....i was happy to see your suggestion for Rugby and my give that a shot....thanks!!!

#4 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

i'm on day maybe 15 of withdrawal....i began by eliminating 7 beads a day until i reached over 157 removed - i've not been able to discover how many of those buggers are in one capsule - it's 'proprietary' info re Cymbalta....anyway, it's been a totally sucky experience, particularly the dizziness, light headedness....i was happy to see your suggestion for Rugby and my give that a shot....thanks!!!

Oh good! I hope it helps. Let me know if you try it and if it works for you. I just took it on a whim one day as the nausea was just too much. It was an old prescription that expired two years ago but hey whatever. I gave it a shot and realized it took away all the other horrible symptoms as well. I had to still take advil a few times a day for the headaches but those got better over time too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users