#1 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hi
I have read alot of posts with the question about brain zaps.
I have been off this drug for 6 mths now and went thru every withdrawl symptom people have listed , The one product that helped my brain feel normal again is called L-Glutamine by north coast natural's .It's an amino acid its a powder you get it at the health food store . It really helps your brain function and the neurotransmitters this drug screws with. My Naturopath put me on it , I took it for 3 mths made a huge difference. It's non gmo and vegan. Good luck to all

#2 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Uriel,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have not made it to the naturopath yet. I am almost 3 weeks Cymbalta free and finding that the symptoms recycle. I think I am getting better, and I get the sweats and the shakes again. Just trying to make myself well, like all of us on here. Acupuncture has helped to some extent, though. Best of luck to you.

#3 deb55

deb55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    after three years on Cymbalta, I decided to stop taking this vile drug cold turkey. I need a support group

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Day six for me and the zaps are not as bad today.   I continue to take magnesium  at night and I am sleeping well.  Still no mood swings.   The vertigo and the zaps are what are annoying me the most at this time during my cold turkey withdrawal.  The zaps are just exhausting...    Still taking Omega 3 fish oils three times a day, drinking plenty of water and continuing to detox.  I am looking forward to reaching the one week mark of being Cymbalta free.  

Can anyone tell me when/if to expect the worst of the withdrawl symptoms - the mood swings?  Just trying to prepare...

#4 deb55

deb55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    after three years on Cymbalta, I decided to stop taking this vile drug cold turkey. I need a support group

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Day 8th of withdrawal...   The brain zaps are lessening and so is the vertigo.   Still there, but not as bad...  The vivid dreams are still exhausting....   I am now starting to experience emotions that were surpressed while I was on Cymbalta.   I cried at a sad movie and realized it has been a very long time since I have cried.  I am now having mood swings including rages.  I have always been a very calm and peaceful person so this is very unsettling.....

I know I am getting through this and will continue to make progress.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users