• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 feellikeimdying

feellikeimdying

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

Hi, Brand new to this forum. I just found it. It is good to know that I am not the only one suffering from this withdrawal. I am a 6'3" former Navy Seal sitting here crying like a little girl. How long will this last. I have been off for 6 days not and it just gets worse. Brain zaps. confusion and NO emotional control. I was placed on cymbalta when lexapro failed to work (another horrible med) Since it has become obvious to me that this is not working either I just decided to quit cold turkey. I never imagined this. I will not go back on this or any other anti depressant. I will use my pistol first. someone talk to me please.

#2 tmouse

tmouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

a day doesnt go by when i havent thought of ending it.even thought of how to write the letter. but i want to enjoy the rest of my life, travel , visit friends [even thou they live far avay]. this website has helped me tremendiously to try to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 4 weeks off this crap and im still feeling lousy but ive had good days and a lot of scary days, but try to forge on.

#3 feellikeimdying

feellikeimdying

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:10 AM

Ok I ger it. lol. thanks for the laugh as macabre as it may be. My thoughts ran to something along the line of taking an overdose, jumping off of a building and shooting myself ofn the way down. I am thorough if nothing else. Seriously tho. thanks. just a little commiseration really does help. take care and stay away from pianos and tall buildings. Michael

#4 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

Michael.......The worst part of my withdrawal was the emotional part. I totally get what you are talking about. I had a stint of about 5 days where I didn't know which end was up, cried all the time, was so emotionally miserable. I just wandered around, crying, not being able to sit still, but not being able to lay down, hanging on this computer. I thought I was ready for the psych ward. I don't think I was even that miserable when I had been hospitalized before. It was really indescribable.

But I got through it, and you will too. Do what you have to do (aside from killing yourself--please don't). Cry as much as you have to, sleep if you can, vent if that will help. Keep posting here, and continue to ask for help. If you ask (I know even that is hard when you feel so bad), but try, and help will come. I asked for help on this forum, and it came. Thank God for the people here. They really do care.

This thing is do-able, no matter how bad you are feeling. IT WILL PASS. That, you can count on for sure.

CathyH

#5 Holly

Holly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Hey, Michael,

I was where you are Thursday night-ready to end it. It's a good thing we don't have a pistol. I felt like I had a "pain hemorrahage" in my head. My family/friends/doctors don't get it, and it sometimes feels like the pain of trying to "act normal," while everything is going crazy in your head, and everyone in your life is letting you know your pain is greatly inconveniencing them, makes it seem not worth the battle. I read these boards every time I get that way, and so far, it has provided great relief. I am using 10 mg. of Celexa to help right now, or I couldn't function at work. My doctor wants me to take 40mg., but I'm afraid to go there.

I have faith that we will get through this, as I've seen others do. keep the faith!

#6 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:47 AM

I don't mean to sound like a doc or therapist, but to anyone feeling truly suicidal, please get some help. It isn't worth losing your life over. If you feel you can't hang on, that's okay, just let someone know. Your spouse, your doctor, your therapist. Even hospitalization is better than losing your life. I know I had a stint of about 5 days during my withdrawal where I felt I needed to be in the hospital, and I would have gone if I felt unsafe with myself. Please, don't let this drug take away your life.

CathyH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users