Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

Perry,
How are you today? Its day eight right?
N

Hi Noss... see your keeping count...LOL... yes it is day 8. i'm feeling better everyday. Had a good day today! Getting ready to write my daily post. How are you doing? Everything going ok? Let me know. Thanks for checking in on me. :D

Perry

#93 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

Day 52: 8th day zero Cymbalta. After a pretty restless night I woke up in a good mood. Still having the brain zaps… guess it’s like anything else… eventually you get used to them. Definitely won’t miss em when their gone! I had another great day today! I felt good enough to go outside and mow the lawn! Now I’m not saying that the withdrawals are gone but they’re getting more tolerable everyday. Stepping down from 15mgs to none was definitely the hardest one for me but it seems the withdrawal symptoms are fading faster than they did for the other steps. Keeping a positive mind here…hope things continue to progress each day. And if I do have a bad day, I know it will pass and my journey will continue to be one of the most positive things I have ever done for myself! Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

Sincerely,
Perry

#94 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

Dearest Perry:

You are so accepting of your withdrawal symptoms. I was so unprepared for what happened. I believe you are in a good frame of mind. You are doing a great job of putting one foot ahead of the other. Getting through this with your dignity and the less upset possible. This is so good. I am happy you have been able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. It will heal you in more ways than one. I am so proud of you. You have set yourself up for success. What a smart guy! Were you a boy scout, always be prepared? :D May sleep come easy and pleasant tonight! Rest my weary one, and look forward to tomorrow!

Ahh Houdi... the boy scout line made me laugh out loud. LOL I guess always being prepared is one of the few benefits of panic disorder. I needed a good laugh this morning. Kinda been crumpy since last night. Think I may have over done it physically the last two days, but I'm heading back out into the sun today. I gotta keep this old body moving... LOL Glad you wrote... hope you have a great day!

Perry

#95 nossri4me

nossri4me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

Perry,
How are you today? Its day eight right?
N

Hi Noss... see your keeping count...LOL... yes it is day 8. i'm feeling better everyday. Had a good day today! Getting ready to write my daily post. How are you doing? Everything going ok? Let me know. Thanks for checking in on me. :D

Perry

Hello!
Damn Skippy I'm keeping track of you. You helped me thru while I was suffering. I think it is so weird that that you 15 mg detox is actually lasting longer than my 60mg did. I was on this stuff for about three years. Refresh my memory- when did you START Cymbalta?
Sorry about the poor sleep- I HATE it when I dont sleep well, it kicks my butt the next day every time. Will a Xanax at bedtime help?
I am going to see if the new psychiatrist I have an appointment with in December will buy into a Xanax only treatment of my Generalized Anxiety. They give you these crap drugs like Cymbalta no problem, but worry you are out abusing their Xanax! I used to get prescribed 1 Xanax 1 mg a day along with the Cymbalta. Recently, I am actually down from using the Xanax almost every night to one in the last 2 weeks. I am trying to do things to counter my anxiety instead of just swallowing pills. Acting on what I can at home and at work have been a BIG help.
Of course, being fully done with withdrawal is major. Sorry it is still smacking you around a bit. However- it sounds like the tide is turning and it is fading away slowly. YOU ARE WINNING! Hang in there Perry!
Nossri4me

#96 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hi Noss,

Yes I take a Xanax at bedtime and in the morning. I was only on Cymbalta for about 3 months but I had been on other meds such as Effexxor and lexapro... you name it I tried It... for many many years. Cymbalta just happened to be the one I was on when I decided to get clean so to speak. I'm at a point in my life where I need to get better. I figured that I can't solve my panic and agoraphobia problems if I'm loaded up one meds. I feel like i need to be able to think clear so I can hopefully solve those problems. Speaking of thinking clear... right now I'm tired and My brain zaps are active so if this doesn't make any sense please forgive me...LOL Think I kinda over did it the last 3 days. But I felt better so I got some things done that needed to be done. Glad you wrote me. Hope you are doing well!

Perry

#97 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

Day 53: 9th day without Cymbalta. Finally wore my self out today. Been pretty active the last couple of days because I was feeling better. Think my body is trying to tell me to slow down. Brain zaps were pretty fierce today but I forged ahead. Spent a good part of the day outside pressure washing the house… maybe I should have rested today. My legs and feet are achy and my joints are stiff. I’m not feeling the same aches I normally do. These feel different, like the kinds I’ve heard others talk about on here. The pains seem to be worse at night while I sleep. I’ve also noticed that I’ve been a bit grouchy the last two days. The same stuff that normally just aggravates me has been really been making me angry. Maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe it means my reality is coming back and I can feel things again. I’ll keep an eye on that. Think I’ll try to rest more tomorrow. See you then.

Perry

#98 nossri4me

nossri4me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

Perry,
I am sorry the brain zaps and body aches are tormenting you. Just laying around doing nothing is the way to go. My house and yard went to s*** for awhile when I was Cymbalta sick but I really didnt care. So rest.

I know exactly what you mean when you talk about trying to get control of your life with less medication. I think we are on the same path and I suspect many others here are too. Medication to some extent helps but it is certainly not the whole answer.

Right now I feel pretty good. Anxiety and worry are still there but I do my best to try and get thru an episode. So far so good, I'd rather have a bad 30 minutes a day or so then depend on heavy duty meds. I have concerns that these meds make us apathetic about everything. I don't want to be comfortably numb anymore. I can handle what I have now.

I still don't know what will happen to me either in the future- in the past my depression came back. I am hoping that now at age 47 I have more stabilty and wisdom to cope with what happens.

I tend to deal with very few people socially and I am quite content with the peace and quiet that lends me. I find keeping to a structured routine helps too. When I am really ambitious I read the Tao Te Ching. If you have never heard of it, google it. When you feel better, not now. One of my favorite books I read on and off is the "365 Tao Daily Mediations". The philosphy makes alot of sense.

Geesh though...Enough about me! I am getting insufferable in discussing my opinions.Sorry!

Anyway, I will continue to be here to listen and support you. As long as you are willing to listen to me blab on.
Feel Better.
N.

#99 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

Perry,
I am sorry the brain zaps and body aches are tormenting you. Just laying around doing nothing is the way to go. My house and yard went to s*** for awhile when I was Cymbalta sick but I really didnt care. So rest.

I know exactly what you mean when you talk about trying to get control of your life with less medication. I think we are on the same path and I suspect many others here are too. Medication to some extent helps but it is certainly not the whole answer.

Right now I feel pretty good. Anxiety and worry are still there but I do my best to try and get thru an episode. So far so good, I'd rather have a bad 30 minutes a day or so then depend on heavy duty meds. I have concerns that these meds make us apathetic about everything. I don't want to be comfortably numb anymore. I can handle what I have now.

I still don't know what will happen to me either in the future- in the past my depression came back. I am hoping that now at age 47 I have more stabilty and wisdom to cope with what happens.

I tend to deal with very few people socially and I am quite content with the peace and quiet that lends me. I find keeping to a structured routine helps too. When I am really ambitious I read the Tao Te Ching. If you have never heard of it, google it. When you feel better, not now. One of my favorite books I read on and off is the "365 Tao Daily Mediations". The philosphy makes alot of sense.

Geesh though...Enough about me! I am getting insufferable in discussing my opinions.Sorry!

Anyway, I will continue to be here to listen and support you. As long as you are willing to listen to me blab on.
Feel Better.
N.

Noss, you never have to feel bad about blabing to me. I'm a pretty good listener. Besides, we're in the same boat. We're the same age, have some of the same problems and are both trying out a new direction in life. I think over time we will be very helpful to each other. I wish I had more time to write right now but my daughter, grandson and son -in law just arrived for the weekend so I need to get going. I'm gunna look into that Tae Te Ching... if I forget to, please remind me when I'm somewhat sane again...LOL Have a great weekend!

Perry

#100 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

Perry:

Are you sick of my "I remember when's?" But, 'I remember when' I had a couple of good days early in my Cymbalta withdrawal and I relished them...and over did. Then, I got physically and mentally kicked to the curb. It really frustrated me that I couldn't have my good days again for a while. So, you are wise to test the physical waters and be careful not to over do.

Also, I am 100+ days off Cymbalta and still have issues in the morning with my feet and hands aching and swelling. When I was on Cymbalta, my lower back was killing me. That has actually gone away!!! I am happy to say that over the last two weeks, the hands and feet issues are not nearly as bad. But, I have been so surprised by how much they have hurt. All the little joints all throughout my extremities. I can't get my wedding ring on in the morning. The swelling goes down by mid morning and the aching may or may not leave for the day. Weird, but I'll work with it.

Regarding being upset. I am learning to deal with my emotions. I was not prescribed Cymbalta for mental health, but it did affect me and make me very placid. My family is having to accept that they WILL upset me now. I am a woman in a house of all testosterone and teenage boys, and that includes my hubby. His physical age may be much older, but his mental age is very teenage. :D (As I tell my kids, "Hey, I married it!") When I respond to them now with real emotion, they look at me like I have three heads growing out of my shoulders. I was so unaffected by their shenanigans. Now, I expect more from them and from me. And, I tell them when they are out of line. And a good, "So get over it!" I deserve and relish these dog gone emotions; happy and upset! It's good Perry, it is all good.

You may have some bad days Perry. But I promise that the good ones will out number them very soon. "Scout's Honor!" You are doing a great job mastering this withdrawal thing. I was such an amateur compared to you! You have exhibited such grace and planning, and it is all working for you. Keep up the great job!

Dear Houdi, I could never get tired of your remember when's. They give me the encouragement that I so desperately need at times. Plus you always say the nicest things to me when you write...really helps my ego and I think that's important too. I think alot of what we are is determined by what we think. If I'm thinking that I'm not handling these withdrawals well, then I won't. But when you say things such as "you have exhibited such grace and planning" then it puts a positive thought in my mind instead of a negative one. Thats something Cymbalta will never be able to do! You know... you just might be a super hero! Then again, having to put up with all those men in your house you probably already knew that. Have a great weekend Houdi... talk to ya soon.

Perry

#101 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

Day 54: 10th day of no Cymbalta. I decided to rest today. I limited my physical activities the best I could. I even managed to squeeze in a nap. I woke up with the Cymbalta Meanies. For those of you that don’t what that is, it’s feeling mad, miserable, grouchy, crappy, agitated, hateful and just down right mean! They tell me this is a symptom of withdrawal. I hope it is. If not my wife will probably be looking for a new place to live…LOL How she puts up with me, God only knows. I’ll get past this, better times are coming. Have a great weekend everybody!

Perry

#102 nossri4me

nossri4me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

Peery,
I appreciate your kindness as well.
N

#103 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:56 PM

Day 55 and 56: 11th and 12th day no Cymbalta. Thought I’d have the chance to post on Sunday but it was a busier day than I expected. We had a surprise birthday party for my mom so things were kinda hectic. The party turned out great but the stress of getting it together and the actual party itself was a little overwhelming. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy to do it for my mom, it was just difficult with the brain zaps and roller coaster emotions going on. We also have some out of town family members staying with us for a few days. They came to surprise me and my mom and it was very touching. I just wish I was in better spirits. I’m having a hard time explaining how I feel right now. I’m glad they are here… I just don’t feel well I guess. So I don’t have time right now to go into more detail… I’m not really liking myself today. I’m depressed and I don’t know why. Having my own little pitty party again. I want to be happy but I can’t seem to feel it right now. To top it off, I’m gaining weight. Poor me…LOL Seriously though… I’m in a bad place right now. I know it will pass. It can’t pass quick enough for me. Gotta get back to my guest. I’ll be back to post tomorrow. See you then….

Perry

#104 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:59 PM

Day 57: 13th day no Cymbalta. My houseguest left early this morning so now the house is quiet again. Two days with a houseful of people, including three 3 years olds, a 10 year old and an infant was pretty stressful. My emotions are still up and down and my self esteem is pretty low right now. It didn’t help that I was teased about my weight gain and lack of physical activity. It wasn’t done with the intent to hurt my feelings but it did. I don’t enjoy nor do I celebrate the fact that my anxiety has kept me from working and traveling. I guess sometimes others are jealous of the fact that I don’t work and they do so they express their jealousy by making jokes about my lifestyle. Rather than tell them how it hurts my feelings I keep it bottled up. Sometimes I use it as fuel to motivate myself, other times it just plain deflates me. Where is the clarity I so desperately seek? When will this cloud of self pity and depression pass? If I truly want to get better, why haven’t I? I hope it’s just my impatience getting the best of me. I hope in the coming days my mood improves. I hope I soon find wherever my get up and go, got up and went. These days are long and hard but I’m not giving up. I have come too far to quit! I will walk in the sunshine again!

Perry

#105 nossri4me

nossri4me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:18 PM

Hi Perry-
Sorry you still feel lousy. Day thirteen is still early so dont worry, or worry less if at all possible. Where you found the strength to cope with guests is beyond me. Especially guests who insult your weight and daily routine. What the hey is up with that?

My take- Cymbalta was a double edged sword. While it controlled my anxiety and irribility, it also dulled the my response to everything else. So I'm learning to work the trade off I have made. Sometimes I bite my tongue and say nothing or just breathe to get thru the wave of anxiety I feel. And that has worked.

Look as the next few months as a way to re-learn how to cope with things.
This is hard work.
N.

#106 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

Hey Noss... when do you think I can realistically expect to feel better? I feel so crappy that I'm not even thinking about my anxiety right now. I'm sure thats a good thing but until I feel better I don't want to go out and but myself into anxiety producing situations. I know I have to face my fears in order to get better but I don't have the energy to do anything right now. i really need to get out and drive but sometimes ( like today) I can barely keep my eyes open! I'm just afraid these withdrawal symptoms might never pass. I know thats foolish... they will pass... but you know how sometimes its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thats how I feel today. Talk to ya soon.

Perry

Hi Perry-
Sorry you still feel lousy. Day thirteen is still early so dont worry, or worry less if at all possible. Where you found the strength to cope with guests is beyond me. Especially guests who insult your weight and daily routine. What the hey is up with that?

My take- Cymbalta was a double edged sword. While it controlled my anxiety and irribility, it also dulled the my response to everything else. So I'm learning to work the trade off I have made. Sometimes I bite my tongue and say nothing or just breathe to get thru the wave of anxiety I feel. And that has worked.

Look as the next few months as a way to re-learn how to cope with things.
This is hard work.
N.

#107 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

Day 58 14th day off Cymbalta. Thought by now I would be feeling much better. I had another lousy night of restless sleep. My legs and feet hurt all night long. Before I went to bed all my joints were stiff. I looked like Frankenstein’s monster when I walked. Felt like I’d been folded up in a box for days then made to get up and walk. Today the brain zaps and brain lags are back in full force and I just feel blah. I really don’t want to sound like a whiner here, but want to be as honest as possible about how I feel. No matter what, I will not go back. I must continue on. I’m trying my best to remain patient. I’ll post again tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Perry

#108 geff

geff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

Hey, Perry.
I've been keeping up with your progress since finding your posts a couple of weeks ago. I was Googling Cymbalta side effects because I was thinking about getting rid of Cymbalta myself.
I miss my sex drive ;), energy, and emotions! I'm down from 90mg/day to 30mg... and so far so good. I've had some night sweats but nothing too bad. I commend you for sticking with it!

I know from reading your posts that you've tried several things to get rid of depression. I have, too, including Prozac, Effexor, and Cymbalta - as well as some non-medicated treatments like EMDR and most recently, Neurofeedback.

I have to say the Neurofeedback made a HUGE change in my outlook! I am FINALLY able to concentrate and focus (which is important as I'm a computer programmer). :)
Just in case you (or anyone else reading your blog) isn't familiar with Neurofeedback, here's a quick description:
My therapist hooks up some sensors to my head and a computer program reads the electrical signals my brain is producing. It does NOT send any signals, shocks, etc.... just reads what my brain is doing. When my brain produces signals that are good, the computer goes *BING*. I guess my brain likes that because it starts trying to make it go *BING* more. The end result is that my brain is "trained" to work the way it should.
It was so cool the first session when she hooked me up and told me what she was seeing (I have a screen, too, to see what the program is reading). She was able to compare my brain activity to that of a "normal" brain and describe why I felt so down and had so much trouble focusing.
The only side-effects I've had are:
1. a very slight headache that goes away shortly after the treatment
2. better mood
3. better concentration
4. better productivity

My feeling so much better was the reason I decided to ditch the Cymbalta.

Seeing how you're struggling finally motivated me to register and suggest it (even though I never post on the Internet). It might even help with your side effects?
One more thing my therapist suggested that seems to have helped my mood and energy is some Liver Detox Tea. It might help your body get rid of any leftover Cymbalta.

I'll say an extra prayer for you, Perry. Keep up the fight!

- geff.

P.S. - Just in case you need a laugh....
Q: Do you know what's brown and sticky?
A: a stick. :lol:

#109 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Dear Geff,

It's always good to hear that my story is helping others. It is my belief that posting here daily not only helps others, but it also helps yourself.. Kinda like free therapy I guess. It's a win win situation. Congrats on your decision to wean off Cymbalta! :lol: You have already made the hardest step... the first one! Sounds like the Neurofeedback has been and will continue to be very helpful to you. I did some reasearch on it today cause I had never heard of it before. Pretty interesting stuff. It's not available where I live but I'm sure that will eventually change. With therapy and the help you will find here, I'm sure your gunna do just fine. Stay in touch and let us know about your progress. Remember, I'll be here fighting right along with you!

Sincerely,
Perry

P.S. Thanks for the joke. I needed a good laugh.

#110 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

Day 59 15th day with no Cymbalta. Well I made it thru another day! One more down… one more less to go! Gotta try to stay positive… don’t know what else to do. Had a … how can I put this nicely? ...uncomfortable time last night. Everything made me angry. Even though I knew I was being unreasonable I continued to get mad about the smallest things. It was like my mind had decided it was going to be an ass and there was nothing I could do to stop it. At the same time I felt afraid and defeated. Afraid I would never feel good again and afraid that the withdrawals had won and I’d have to return to Cymbalta. Luckily, I had enough sense to know that turning back was not an option and that no matter how bad I feel right now, I will make it thru this. I have to believe I will succeed even though I may not think that at this moment. Of course the brain zaps and the leg cramps only added to the festivities! I was glad when sleep finally took me away. Today, I feel a little better, not much, but a little. I’ll take that! If I can get just a little better each day, I’ll be happy. I figured my body needed a rest so I didn’t do much of anything today. Did some research online, watched tv, and took a much needed nap. I’m gunna spend some time with my tv and couch tonight. Tomorrow will be a better day! I want to thank everyone for listening and sending well wishes and encouragement my way. You are helping me more than you will ever know. I couldn’t do this without you. And if you are going thru the withdrawals too, remember this … just like the television commercial says… “You can do iittttt”.

Perry

#111 Andrea

Andrea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

I am only on day 2 and so glad to see I am not the only one having a hard day. Not that I would wish a bad day on anyone, ever! Just nice to know I'm not alone. I love how you say "Tomorrow will be a better day" I have so much to do, I can see I need to vacuum, get laundry done and a load of other things, but I can hardly hold open my eyes. Like you say, I'm gonna sit on the couch and watch tv...and tomorrow will be a better day. ((hugs)) to you!

#112 nossri4me

nossri4me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

Hey Perry,
I can appreciate your sense of frustration with your withdrawal. I was desperate for relief when my symptoms abated at day eight. I wish I could say you will be done as of a particular day, but I guess this is up to our minds and our bodies. Please don't give up hope and take good care of yourself.

I also had a recent weight gain (after recently losing 12 pounds) and had the weirdest fatigue, backache and hand and foot swelling for a four day stretch last week. All I wanted to do is lay in bed with a heating pad. I know it was not mood related either. Maybe I'm not out of the woods yet.

You will make it through this Perry. You are stronger than you realize.
N.

#113 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:51 AM

I am only on day 2 and so glad to see I am not the only one having a hard day. Not that I would wish a bad day on anyone, ever! Just nice to know I'm not alone. I love how you say "Tomorrow will be a better day" I have so much to do, I can see I need to vacuum, get laundry done and a load of other things, but I can hardly hold open my eyes. Like you say, I'm gonna sit on the couch and watch tv...and tomorrow will be a better day. ((hugs)) to you!

Hi Andrea and welcome to the forum. I'll tell you what someone told me... this is the time to love yourself. It's ok to take the time to rest. This is a very important thing you decided to do! You deserve to feel better so allow your body the time to heal. The house may look better if you vacuum but you don't really "need to vacuum". Trust me, the world will not end if there are a few more dust bunnies running around. Hang in there... I'm pulling for you.

Perry

#114 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hey Perry,
I can appreciate your sense of frustration with your withdrawal. I was desperate for relief when my symptoms abated at day eight. I wish I could say you will be done as of a particular day, but I guess this is up to our minds and our bodies. Please don't give up hope and take good care of yourself.

I also had a recent weight gain (after recently losing 12 pounds) and had the weirdest fatigue, backache and hand and foot swelling for a four day stretch last week. All I wanted to do is lay in bed with a heating pad. I know it was not mood related either. Maybe I'm not out of the woods yet.

You will make it through this Perry. You are stronger than you realize.
N.

Hi Noss... its allways good to hear from you. Don't worry, I'm not gunna give up. I just feel that way at times. I'm sure you can relate. I think part of my weight gain is causeed by my inactivity. Of course when you feel like s*#t its hard to be active...LOL You hang in there too! Take care,
Perry

#115 geff

geff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hey, Perry.
Just wanted to wish you well for the weekend! :lol:
I hope you have nice Fall weather to enjoy!
- Geff

#116 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

Day 60: 16th day no Cymbalta. Not much to say today. Still riding this out. Kinda feel like my life is on hold right now. I just don’t feel like doing anything. I know I sound like a broken record but I don’t know what else to say. I’m just being honest about the way I feel. I’ll be back tomorrow.

Perry

#117 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:04 AM

Hey, Perry.
Just wanted to wish you well for the weekend! :lol:
I hope you have nice Fall weather to enjoy!
- Geff

Thanks Geff,

I hope you have a great weekend too!

Perry

#118 tamatola

tamatola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:31 AM

Hi, Perry. Tammy here just wanting to see how you are doing. I have been completely without Cymbalta for two nights now and I am so sick of this weird feeling in my head!! It is just so aggravating. Benedryl helped at first, but not now. I feel so off balance when I turn my eyes. I'm also having a lot of tightness and pressure in the back of my head and neck. When does this stuff get better, Perry? I am gonna ride this out. I am determined not to go back on that stuff unless I start having terrible panic attacks or those awful obsessive thoughts that I used to have. I will just be so glad when all of this stuff is out of my system.

I feel fine except for the head-crazy feeling. I'm doing weight watchers to help get some of this blubber off that I know came from the paxil and cymbalta. I'm walking every day. I've got my emotions back!! I cry really easy, but not at inappropriate times. I didn't realize how desensitized I had become to things. It is nice to feel emotions and respond again! My husband is really happy because other things have improved too HUBBA HUBBA!

Well, hope you're doing well. I'll check in again later and give you an update on things here on my end.

See ya! :lol:

#119 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Hi, Perry. Tammy here just wanting to see how you are doing. I have been completely without Cymbalta for two nights now and I am so sick of this weird feeling in my head!! It is just so aggravating. Benedryl helped at first, but not now. I feel so off balance when I turn my eyes. I'm also having a lot of tightness and pressure in the back of my head and neck. When does this stuff get better, Perry? I am gonna ride this out. I am determined not to go back on that stuff unless I start having terrible panic attacks or those awful obsessive thoughts that I used to have. I will just be so glad when all of this stuff is out of my system.

I feel fine except for the head-crazy feeling. I'm doing weight watchers to help get some of this blubber off that I know came from the paxil and cymbalta. I'm walking every day. I've got my emotions back!! I cry really easy, but not at inappropriate times. I didn't realize how desensitized I had become to things. It is nice to feel emotions and respond again! My husband is really happy because other things have improved too HUBBA HUBBA!

Well, hope you're doing well. I'll check in again later and give you an update on things here on my end.

See ya! :lol:

Hi Tammy,

It's good to hear from you. Hang in there! I know it's hard but you can do it! I'm on day 17 without Cymbalta and still having the brain zaps but yours might end sooner. I hope they do. If we can survive panic attacks we can and will survive this. I too had the crying spells, but I think I'm past that now... thank goodness. Anything on tv that made me feel happy or sad made me cry. Thought I was going to have to start walking around with a box of tissue....LOL Ditto on the HUBBA HUBBA. Things improved there for me too! You see, things are getting better already for you! Remember... you are a survivor, a warrior, a winner! Just say those words to yourself when you feel bad, it will help. When we get past this withdrawal, we'll work on those other issues. So go get um champ! Stay in touch and take care.

Perry

#120 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

I am 47 years old and have had panic disorder since my early teens. I also suffer from depression and agoraphobia. I started taking Xanax and antidepressants in my early 20’s and over the years I think I’ve tried them all in one combination or another. I have come to the point in my life where I am tired of dealing with all the side effects. I believe techniques such as relaxation exercises, positive self talk, exercise and exposure therapy will work if I can get past the withdrawal symptoms and don’t go running back to the little magic pills as soon as a panic attack or other setback occurs.

Two months ago I started taking Cymbalta because the Lexapro I was on had me walking around like a zombie. Even though I was going out and driving some distances away from home into unfamiliar territory (something that is very rare for me to do) I felt unreal, detached and unable to enjoy my successes. I heard good things about Cymbalta so along with agreement from my doctor I decided to give it a try. Well if anything, I feel a whole lot worse now than I did before. My starting dose was 30mg and for the last month and a half it’s been 60 mg. I have a boat load of side effects such as insomnia, horrific nightmares, increased anxiety, fatigue, sweating spells, erectile dysfunction and complete loss interest in sex. Heck, if I’m gunna feel this way on meds I’d rather feel this way without them. I figure without the anti depressants at least I can work on my issues with a clear head… kind of like starting with a clean slate. Anyway I thought that I would post my daily progress here as a way to help others and have others help me. Hopefully we will all learn something during this journey. I started this morning by visually dividing my 60 mg tablet in half and putting each half into empty clear gelatin capsules that my wife picked up at a local vitamin shop. The fact that they are clear made comparing the amount of the two halves much easier. I plan to stick with this approximate 30 mg amount for 10 to 14 days before decreasing again.

So far today I don’t feel any different, not that I expected to this soon. I will post here again tomorrow with the latest news on my journey. If you have any comments, questions anything that you feel might help me I’d really appreciate your input.

Sincerely,

Perry

Day 61: 17th day with no Cymbalta. Having a good day today. I’m in a really good mood even though the brain zaps and dizzies are still here. I spent some time outside today working in the yard and even pumped up the tires on my old bike and road around the block! Twice! Trust me, for me that’s a huge accomplishment. I hope I can string a few good days together. I think if my mood stays elevated I can deal better with the other withdrawal symptoms. Hey what’s that in the distance? Is it… maybe? Could it be a??? Hmmmm… A light? I think it just might be! Let you know more tomorrow. Have a good Weekend!

Perry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users