201 replies to this topic

#121 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

Day 62: 18th day no Cymbalta. Yep… I’m pretty sure that was the light at the end of the tunnel I spotted yesterday! Today I have a much brighter outlook on life. That’s amazing considering that along with the still lingering dizzy feelings, my allergies have everything sounding like I’m underwater and that I started my day by sneezing so hard I actually broke a molar! Top that off with the Saints losing and you would think I’d be mad as hell… but I’m not! I think the physical withdrawal symptoms may stick around a little longer, but they should be improving soon also. I’m not prepared to call it a victory yet, but I’m getting closer everyday! Many of you told me that things would improve if I could just stick it out. I must say, sometimes I had a hard time believing you… but you were right!!! I am so thankful to you. So if anyone is reading this while having a hard time, hang in there! Believe me… YOU WILL FEEL BETTER ! ! !

Perry

#122 nossri4me

nossri4me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

So happy to read you are starting to get some relief!
N.

#123 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

So happy to read you are starting to get some relief!
N.

Thanks Noss. I hope you are doing well too!

Perry

#124 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:06 PM

Day 63: 19th day off Cymbalta. It’s funny the difference a day can make! Yesterday I was feeling much better mentally and today I’m just the opposite. Not feeling the zaps today but I’m depressed and feeling out of sorts. I’m experiencing the “unreal feelings”. For those of you that don’t know what I mean by that, consider yourselves lucky. So as not to plant a seed in your head I won’t go into detail on that, but I will say that it is not a pleasant sensation. My get up and go is also gone again today. Anyway, my wife gave me some good advice. She said don’t look at today as a setback, just as a bump in the road. I think that sums it up nicely! So as soon as I get over this bump (it feels more like a frigging mountain) I’m gunna continue to head for that light at the end of this tunnel. I hope your day is bump free! Till tomorrow… take care.

Perry

#125 geff

geff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

Hey, Perry.
I hope the fact that your symptoms are changing means that they're working themselves out of your system and your body is learning to be drug free.
And I hope you have a better day!
Geff

#126 littlej

littlej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

Been on cymbalta for 1 1/4 yrs and time for a change. I have felt devoid of all emotion and do not want to go another day without a change, good or bad (I will take it)! Am happy to see a possible cure or help for the brain freeze that I have never been able to describe to my wife. Sooo, will pick up some benedryl this afternoon and either go half or no dose tomorrow morning on cymbalta. Sunday was in the top 10 of worst days ever, and I have had a few doozies... as I am sure we all have. I am an avid golfer and shot my worst round in 40 years, not kidding! Plan to exercise regularly (started that Sunday night with a run with my dog), and I am determined to stop this "Zombie" state I am in, once and for all time! Good luck to all... including me.

#127 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

Hey, Perry.
I hope the fact that your symptoms are changing means that they're working themselves out of your system and your body is learning to be drug free.
And I hope you have a better day!
Geff

Hi Geff,

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, my system seems to be at war with itself right now. I'm not giving up though. Those days of clarity have to show up sooner or later. I hope its sooner! I hope you are doing well. Stay in touch. Take care,

Perry

#128 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

Been on cymbalta for 1 1/4 yrs and time for a change. I have felt devoid of all emotion and do not want to go another day without a change, good or bad (I will take it)! Am happy to see a possible cure or help for the brain freeze that I have never been able to describe to my wife. Sooo, will pick up some benedryl this afternoon and either go half or no dose tomorrow morning on cymbalta. Sunday was in the top 10 of worst days ever, and I have had a few doozies... as I am sure we all have. I am an avid golfer and shot my worst round in 40 years, not kidding! Plan to exercise regularly (started that Sunday night with a run with my dog), and I am determined to stop this "Zombie" state I am in, once and for all time! Good luck to all... including me.

Hi Littlej,

Thanks for writing. I can totally relate to the zombie feelings that Cymbalta gives you. That was one of the main reasons I decided to go clean. Please keep us posted on your journey off Cymbalta. Sounds like you have a plan and that always helps. I wish I could write more but I'm kinda out of it right now. Stay in touch and good luck. We will make it thru this!

Perry

#129 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:49 PM

Day 64: 20th day off Cymbalta. Very tired today because I’m still not sleeping well or enough. I’m having bad dreams and leg and foot pain while I sleep. My mind is very foggy and I’m feeling edgy and somewhat anxious. Still having the unreal feelings that I talked about yesterday I think. I know I will feel better, I just don’t know when. Feel like I’m stuck in time right now. Don’t have the desire to do anything. Tomorrow will be better. Hope everyone has a good evening. Bye for now.

Perry

#130 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

Perry:

Hi...Houdi here! I'm sorry to hear you have had a string of "hard days." I believe I told you about my "day 20" or thereabout. It was crushing to me. I had experienced a couple of REALLY GOOD days after the 3 weeks of withdrawal hell. I thought, "Hey, this is great!" Then the bad days came and it felt like they were not going to return.

Well, the good days did return. For me, the good sort of "crept" into my life. It wasn't the "extreme" difference from day to day. I started having more energy. Being able to focus more and more at a time. Each day got a little better. And only noticeable by "looking back." Naps are really important. And, knowing the best is yet to come will be your life line.

Guess what? I quit counting the days off Cymbalta after 100+. Oh, I still have a few nagging issues, but nothing that stops me dead in my tracks. For example, I'm off for a nap right now. But I had a productive day up until now. I succumb to my limitations, and I believe I would be better if I would exercise. But, I have all kinds of excuses not to do that. And, none are Cymbalta related as they used to be. So, I pay the price for being exercise lazy. Oh well, I'll get to that.

So, Perrypool, take that nap. Let the good life creep back in to your existence. I like to compare it to a pendulum. You have experienced the BIG highs and the BIG lows with Cymbalta withdrawal. Now, it will be more subtle, the highs and the lows. Pick a day, like Saturdays, to reexamine your healthy feelings. Keep your chin up and kiss that wife. She's definitely a keeper.

Hi Houdi ! ! !

Good to see you again! Just about to make my daily post but will gladly talk to you first. You always make me feel better. When you talk about your success it gives me, and I'm sure many others, the encouragement and the hope we so badly need. Also your timing is impeccable ! Yesterday was the worst day I've had yet and today here you are lifting me up! Unbelievable! I honestly can't thank you enough. And I'm gunna take your advice about letting the good life creep back in. I know if I get off course you'll set me straight again! Can tell I'm having a good day today? :) Someone very wise once told me that my biggest problem was that I thought too much. I guess thats true. If I thought less about the low times then they wouldn't seem so bad. I'm really gunna try to think less and let my life return to normal at it's own pace.

I sincerely wish you well Houdi. Talk to you soon.

Perry

P.S. Don't feel alone... I need to exercise too. Just ask my wife...LOL

#131 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:21 PM

Day 65: 21st Day off Cymbalta. Yesterday, by far, was the worst day I have had yet! After feeling depressed, foggy and tired all day, I spent the evening feeling anxious, unreal, and at some points like I was about to loose control. It was like one long panic attack. Mix in a sinus headache, crying spells and overall feeling of doom and gloom and that about sums up my day. But guess what? I made it thru all of that and today I feel much, much better. Seems like this roller coaster ride is not over yet, but I’m gunna try to think positive. Maybe yesterday I hit bottom. I’m a firm believer that sometimes hitting bottom is what it takes for a radical change. Please remember that what happens to me, may not happen to you. My intention is not to scare anyone from getting off Cymbalta. I just feel that if I’m not truthful it doesn’t help you or me. Today was a better day and that’s all that matters. What ever happens tomorrow will happen. I can’t control the future so I’m not going to try. I have to remember to live in the moment; after all, anxiety and panic only exist when you worry about the future. You can’t get either by thinking about the present. It’s impossible. It just can’t be done.

Perry

#132 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

Day 66: 22nd day without Cymbalta. It truly amazes me that these withdrawals can last so long. After having a relatively good day yesterday, today I’m gloomy again. I’m feeling lost and hopeless. I know this will pass, but jeezum, enough is enough! One minute I’m up, the next I’m down! This is wearing me down but I’m not giving up. I figure if I keep posting here long enough, one of two things will happen: I will get better and feel like my old self again or you will get tired of my complaining and ask me to leave. LOL At this point I can’t say that I’d blame you. Guess its not helping that I didn’t sleep well last night and it’s cloudy and gloomy outside today. Well, that’s how I feel today. Thanks for listening. This old broken record will be back to post tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Perry

#133 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

Day 67: 23rd day off Cymbalta. After another restless night I woke feeling a lot more optimistic about life than I was yesterday… until the brain zaps decided to pay me a visit. They must like it here because they have stuck around all day. Funny how yesterday I had none and today they’re back! At least the sun is out today! I just woke up a few minutes ago from an attempt at a much needed nap. I did sleep some but something kept jolting me awake. I don’t if it was nightmares or something else. So today wasn’t the break through day but its one day closer to my goal! Thank goodness, so far it’s better than yesterday! One step at a time Perry, one step at a time. Hope you have a great weekend!

Perry

#134 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

Day 68 and 69: 24th and 25th day off Cymbalta. It’s been a busy weekend around my house. My daughter, grandson and son-in-law were here from Friday evening till Sunday evening. My three year old grandson sleeps with the wife and I when he’s here which means, he sleeps and we spend the night dodging his arms and legs which flail in all directions….LOL I wouldn’t trade those restless nights for the world! I’m ashamed to say that once more I was kinda grouchy while they were here… my moods are still swinging up and down. I was able however to get outside with my grandson and ride bikes around the block. The exercise and fresh air was something I really needed. I’ve noticed the last two days that I’m starting to have some moments of clarity. They don’t last long but they are there. The brain zaps are still here but I think all things considered, I’m starting to feel a little better mentally. I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch cause I’ve had these feelings before. I’m hoping this time they stick around for good. Talk to you tomorrow… have a good night!

Perry

#135 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

Day 70: 26th day off Cymbalta. I don’t know if I’m still having withdrawal symptoms or I’m just a very screwed up individual. Maybe it’s both. Thought by now I’d be feeling a sense of normalcy and calm but that’s not the case. Today I felt very detached from life. I felt unreal and hopeless. I felt depressed and lost. I am not a happy person and I don’t like myself at all right now. I have no patience with anything. I can’t even be patient with my three year old grandson. That’s just plain inexcusable. Today I broke down and cried, and cried, and cried. I don’t want to be miserable anymore. I used to be a happy go lucky person atone time. I used to be the life of the party. I want to be that way again. My constant bitching and moaning has worn my wife out. It has driven away the people I care about the most. I don’t blame them at all. I need to change. I need to lighten up. I wake up everyday and hope that today is the day some clarity returns to my life. I’ll be honest… I don’t know if that day will ever come. I’m starting to wonder if I need some type of medication to exist. I don’t know if how I’m feeling is the withdrawals or this is just the real me. I had been on meds for so long, I just don’t know. I did feel somewhat better after my crying episode. Guess I really needed that release. I’ll check in tomorrow.

Perry

#136 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

Hey Perrypool;

Houdi here! How the heck do you expect to feel calm after you have had years of "zombie" medicine. You have to relearn to have and deal with emotions. Remember, you are human! You are an imperfect human...like all of us! That's a good thing. You have feelings, bad days, emotions, grouches, etc. But you also have things in your life that are beautiful. A loving wife, a wonderful grandchild, life without drugs, an opportunity to take control of your life and emotion without a really sucky medication.

When I said earlier that the "slap down" of awful feelings after the really good feelings during withdrawal suck, I meant it. So here is the key. FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE! So, if you are up for it, we are going to do a really simple game. We are going to post the 3 things that happened during the day that you are thankful for. EVEN if it is that you are happy about dealing with emotion. We ALL have them. (And yes, I am yelling at you! But good yells!)

And another thing, crying is therapeutic. It takes care of all kinds of emotional and chemical issues. RELEASE my dear...RELEASE. Cry, and count it as a blessling. I bet you never cried on Cymbalta! You can have emotions now. Yippee. Sometime things suck, sometimes you are on top of the world. YIppee. Grasp life and live it to the fullest, good, bad, ugly, orgasmic!

Ok Perrypool, here goes the blessings...mine first...yours next:
1. I had enough money in the bank today to pay all the month's bills...Yippee
2. My husband pissed me off...I can feel, I can react, I can get pissed! ....Yippee (He's a good egg, but after 23 years, sometimes....pow!)
3. Perrypool is at a crossroads and I am going to get him to the other side...safely and sane!
4. Fall is my most favorite time of the year. Crisp air, no humidity, and I sat on the front porch and sunned myself like a lizard! Felt terrific.
5. My car ran like a dream. Had been "missing" but I think it is because it sat too long. No bill here! Yippee!
6. Perrypool is making the turn and I couldn't be happier.

OBTW...you can post more then 3 blessings!

Ok bud, post yours! I'm waiting. Turn this around and let's rock and ride! Oh, and one other rule, you can have a pitty party any time you want. It is GOOD. Then we get over it and move on. But, relish the pitty party when you experience it. Make the most of these new feelings. You are not crazy! You are normal I love my pitty parties. Warn the family I'm going to just take the day and fuss. Then, I move on. No messing around here. If it's good, it's all good. And when that pitty party hits, I'm going to relish it like no other. If I do that, it makes them fewer and further in between.

You know I am on your team. Come on, put on those running shoes, helmet, shin guards and let's get on with this...READY?

Hi Houdi...

You really have the knack for knowing when to write! :) And as usual your reply really made me feel better. I took your advice about focusing on the positive. Everytime I caught myself thinking negatively today, I stopped and tried to think of something positive. It really helped a lot! So I'm up for your game. BTW I thought your game was a wonderful idea. How did you get so smart! :(

So here are my blessings today:

1. Houdi made me laugh this morning when I read that she sunned herself like a lizard. It made me think about how I like to close my eyes and turn my face up toward the sun and just enjoy the moment. I usually do that while walking the dog on days that I'm feeling good enough to venture out.

2. I woke up without a headache! Allergies have really been socking it to me lately.

3. Someone believes in me and cared enough to take the time to help.

4. I went outside , made a fire pit out of some scrap sheet metal and buildt a fire! My wife and I sat by it and talked about our day when she got home from work. I was productive for a change!

5. I made it thru another day without Cymbalta so I am one day closer to my goal!

Houdi, My list could go on and on... but I bet you already knew that. Thank you for making me realize how much I have to be thankful for. Thank you for telling me I'm not crazy. Thank you for kick starting my day. Anytime you want to play this game, count me in! If you have any others, I'm all ears. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Sincerely,

Perry

#137 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

Day 71: 27th day without Cymbalta. Today was not perfect but it was 1000% better than yesterday! All that crying must have washed away some of the blues. Not only did I feel better mentally today, I also felt better physically. I was more active today than I’d been in awhile and I had no dizziness or brain zaps. Knock on wood… maybe there’s hope for me yet. LOL Tomorrow I might be up or I might be down but I’m not going to worry about that tonight. Tonight I just want to savor the way I feel right now. I hope everyone has good feelings tonight. By the way, I just realized that the foot and joint pain I’d been having seems to have diminished as well. I’ll be back tomorrow. Take care.

Perry

#138 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

Day 72: 28th day without Cymbalta. I had another good day today! Still having some mild brain zaps but nothing compared to what they once were. I even walked the dog around the block today. Might not sound like much but with my spells of agoraphobia that’s an accomplishment! Tomorrow I have a phone consultation with my doctor so I will be able to tell her how I weaned off the Cymbalta. I think she will be surprised. I’ll let you know how it goes. Have a great night!

Perry

#139 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:13 AM

Day 73: 29th day off Cymbalta. I had a great day!!! My energy level was thru the roof today! My feelings are definitely back… and all at the same time I think. Let’s put it this way: I couldn’t stop talking today and my thoughts were racing thru my head a mile a minute… but they were good thoughts! My brain is starting to wake up and work again! My phone consultation with my doctor went great as well. She told me that she also believes taking Omega 3 Fish Oil and a B Complex vitamin is a good thing to do. I already take the fish oil and I plan to add the B complex. The highlight of my day was taking a drive to the nursery to buy plants with my wife. 57 days, that’s how long it had been since I had driven… till today! I finally felt good enough to get back to driving and venture out of my neighborhood. It felt terrific!!! To recap for those of you new to my posts, I have agoraphobia and don’t always feel up to leaving my home. So as you can see, I have reason to be happy tonight! It’s 11:40 p.m. here and I’m really tired but I really wanted to make sure I posted today. It was a goal of mine not to miss any days posting and I think I’ve done pretty good so far. I truly believe that these daily post have helped me considerably. I want to send a big Thank You to everyone who has encouraged and inspired me to make it this far. I also want to let you know that if you are reading this and you are going thru a rough time with withdrawals or you are thinking of weaning off of Cymbalta and are having any doubts, you can do it and you will make it! There were times when I thought I wouldn’t make it and people here told me I would but I couldn’t and didn’t believe them. But I am here to tell you, they were right. It is not always easy but you have it in you to succeed. You are stronger than you think! You will make it and we are here to help you along the way! See you tomorrow.

Perry

#140 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

Perrypool:

Glad to hear you are doing well. Mental health is a SWEET thing! My foot and toe pain still rises its ugly head every once in a while now. How weird is that! I haven't figured out that issue. I had it in my fingers too. But it is few and far between! Yippee.

Oww la la...I really enjoyed your "blessings" list! I love outside fires in the cool crisp fall evenings. What a special time. And you shared it with your darlin'. I am so proud of you. Keep taking the time for those moments. They are very therapeutic for you and your relationship. They are real!

I do believe you have good days "creeping" into your life. If you are like me, you won't have those really BIG highs or the really big LOWS like we had in the early withdrawals. You'll have moderate positive growth with a few set backs. I could always associated those set backs with doing too much. So, from my experience, like with exercise, work your way up.

OK, my blessings:
1. I had a really bad migraine yesterday...BUT, my hubby took such good care of me 'cause he was home. Normally, I'm on my own. If I didn't feel so bad, I'd feel like a princess. A broken princess, but not alone!
2. I voted today. What a blessing, I was born in a country where I my vote counts. How did I get so lucky? EVERYONE GET OUT AND VOTE! I don't care who you vote for! Do your homework and vote for your choice, 'cause we have a choice! Yippee.
3. My children are doing well. Things are calm and positive for them. And they get to vote for the very first time in their lives. How exciting.
4. I'm off to bed and I bet I sleep really well. I look forward to a great nights' sleep. How shallow, but it is so true. I hated those Cymbalta nightmares. No more!

Perrypool, remember your accomplishments are all yours. Who cares what your MD thinks about it. Who cares what any of us on this forum think about it. Your success is yours and yours alone. You did this. You feel better because of your past minute by minute suffering and determination. You decide how you are going to live your life. If you need some thing to deal with your fears, you make that decision. If you feel you can handle these issues with some behavior modification, you find the program and work it. This is your time Perrypool. ALL YOURS. Don't give up your power. You know what is best for you. Those of us here on this forum will support you as you make the decision for yourself. OK? Judgment is not for anyone but you. Same for me. I'm learning to speak up, and sometimes I feel unworthy. But I'm doing it! So, here we go my friend.

OK, I'm up way to late, but I wanted to check with you.

Blessings.......

Hi Houdi,

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday. I was so tired by the time I got online last night I barely made it thru my daily post. Yesterday I kept repeating in my mind something you said in your other post, "it's all good". Think i might make that my new motto. I found it very helpful during the day when my thoughts and feelings were racing along. You were right, all feelings are good. We're blesssed to be able to feel, I mean, look at the alternative. LOL You were also right when you said good days are creeping back into my life. I'm having another good day so far today. I do expect to have some set backs but I plan to try to take them in stride. Set backs can only happen if your making progress so its really kind of a good thing. Dang, did I just make that up? Your intellegence must be wearing off on me. :)

Ok here are my blessings:

1. Anti depressants no longer have a grip on me! My mind is becoming clearer so now I have a second chance to tackle the issues I want to work on.

2. Yesterday I drove out of my neighborhood for the first time in 57 days. The first step is always the hardest and yesterday I took that step!

3. I'm having a hell of a time thinking of a third blessing right this moment although my life is filled with blessings. Maybe it's a senior moment. Maybe its because my mind is tired. It doesn't matter because whaterver the reason, It's all good!

Houdi, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Halloween night! I'll talk to you soon.

Perry

#141 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:19 PM

Day 74: 30th day off Cymbalta !!! Well I made it to day 30! For a while there I didn’t think I would, but here I am. I’m feeling better everyday. I still think I might face some bad days but those should be far and few in between. I’m still experiencing some minor brain zaps, mainly in the evening hours. My mind is still a little foggy sometimes too, but other than that I’m feeling much better. I hope everyone has a Great Halloween! See ya tomorrow.

Perry

#142 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

Day 75: 31st day off Cymbalta. After having three good days in a row, today I hit a speed bump. I just feel numb. I’m tired and I don’t feel like doing anything except lying on my sofa. So that’s what I’ve done pretty much the whole day. It’s almost like my brain was racing for a few days and it decided to slow way down and reassess its new situation. Anyway, I’m not gonna let today bring me down too far. I’m gunna look at it as a temporary slow down of my recovery. I know that I’m getting better. I’ve just gotta live it one day at a time for now. Guess my journey off Cymbalta is not over yet, but that’s ok. I’ve come a long way! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Perry

#143 littlej

littlej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:37 AM

Just thought I would add an update on my journey. Entering 3rd week of my journey and down to about 1/4 dose per day. Brain zap (buzzng-dizziness) however you can describe it, is very tolerable. Really just have it when I wake up, and seem to not experience it once I start my day. Work is 10 times better, with more than one person telling me that I am now back like I used to be, not that I told them I was on depression meds! Anyway, only real bad side effect is that my patience level has really dropped and I need to work on it... without medicatiion. Take care all! I like the person I am, faults and imperfections that God gave me....

#144 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

Day 76: 32nd day off Cymbalta. I’m feeling depressed and unreal today. I was hoping today would be an “up” day but that’s not happening. Spent most of the day on the couch watching football. Well, actually watching the inside of my eyelids most of the day. I don’t have any get up and go. Kinda feel like I’m hibernating in my cocoon. I did have some bouts of anger today. My feelings are coming back now I need to learn how to deal with them. I’m not giving up. I will come out of this cloud!

Perry

#145 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:50 PM

Hey Perrypool:

IT'S ALL GOOD! Yeah. I'm happy to hear that you are taking it easy when you need to rest. You've accomplished things that you haven't been able to do in a long time. I am so dog gone proud of you. You are potentially putting a lot of stress on yourself, and you are handling it with a steady hand at a comfortable speed! Did I say I am SO PROUD OF YOU?!! Do me a little favor....read your first and second post. You are so successfull.

My blessing from the day:
1. Oh my gosh, the weather had to be #1. I sat in the sun and read the paper this morning! What a delightful fall day here in the Southeast! Mom, can I keep it?
2. My oldest son in Boston is having such a great weekend. Nothing better than your kids being happy and healthy!
3. My Newfoundlands were my best buddies all day today. Anything I did, they were there to help. So nice. Little bit of drool on everything, but if you know Newfies, you know drool.
4. My husband had a great time golfing today and he really deserves the time he loves on the course.
5. My homemade chicken and rice soup was delicious!

Night...I'm tired today too. It will be an early night. I asked my 18 year old to be home by 9:30pm so I don't have to stay up. ZZZZZzzz What a Mom :)

Hiya Houdi,

It's good to hear from you. I took your advice and read my first two post. You are right, I am successful. I wanted to get off the Cymbalta and I did! Just wish I felt better than I do. I'm having another day where I feel like my head is stuck in the mud. I'm trying my hardest to just let it ride. You were also right about the low days not being as low as they were in the beginning. Guess that's my first blessing for today now that I think about it. Here's the rest...

2. Hate to sound like a copy cat but I have to say the weather as well. Today is another sunny beautiful day. Cant remember the last time it was cloudy here.And knowing how crappy I feel on cloudy days normally, I blessed to have sunny days while I go thru this current string of "low days".

3. I had the house to my self today. My wife spent the day with my Daughter and grandson at the aquarium so didn't have to feel bad about lying around watching tv. She deserves to get out and be herself. The quiet time was good for me as well.

Houdi, I'll be honest with you. I know I'm blessed but I'll be damned if I feel that way today. I truely thank you for helping me. You have really taught me to look for the good things in life and to be patient when the bad days come. Knowing you believe in me helps me to believe in myself... even on the hard days. Like that old country song says, "I'm just an old chunk of coal, but I'm gunna be a diamond some day". Talk to you soon Houdi. Take care.

Perry

#146 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

Just thought I would add an update on my journey. Entering 3rd week of my journey and down to about 1/4 dose per day. Brain zap (buzzng-dizziness) however you can describe it, is very tolerable. Really just have it when I wake up, and seem to not experience it once I start my day. Work is 10 times better, with more than one person telling me that I am now back like I used to be, not that I told them I was on depression meds! Anyway, only real bad side effect is that my patience level has really dropped and I need to work on it... without medicatiion. Take care all! I like the person I am, faults and imperfections that God gave me....

Hi littlej,

Sounds like your doing well. Keep up the good work! I have also had some issues with my patience... and I'm still having some...LOL Sounds like you have a good handle on things. I am very happy for you! Remember drinking lots of water and taking Fish Oil tablets can be very helpful. Keep us posted on your progress.

Perry

#147 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

Ok Perrypool, I really hate to compare my personal experience withdrawing from Cymbalta to others'. But, your case is so like mine experience. I really felt bad emotionally about not feeling good 30 days off the damn drug. I had expectations, and I felt others had expectations. I had felt so good somewhere at week 2 then BAM! Yuck...maybe another GREAT day, then mud, yuck, slug... Yeah, not as bad as the beginning, but I felt I really should have been SO MUCH BETTER. I expected so much from myself. The medicine should have been gone. What was MY PROBLEM? ! I could tell my family and friends I was going through withdrawal, but for how long. NOT 30 days. Who the heck has physical/mental issues for 30 days after being "clean" of Cymbalta. Well, seems a lot of us.

I got (get) really tired too. Not as tired as when I was on Cymbalta. But, you should have your thyroid and parathyroids tested, just in case. Mine was uncontrollable when on/off Cymbalta. Couldn't keep Thyroid levels correct and tested positive for parathyroid disease. Thyroid issues can cause depression also. Just blood tests and the MD should manually manipulate...touch your thyroid when you swallow. OK?

Otherwise, give yourself a couple of more weeks. It will be slow, but much easier. I promise. I promise...I PROMISE! You won't get that muddy feeling. You may have issues concentrating, but more the "don't feel right" concentrating thing that brain bog. You'll think clearly. I PROMISE!!!

Blessing for the day:
1. Oh ok...it's the weather again!!! I hope I can add that to my list for weeks to come. How gorgeous is this fall? Yummm!
2. My friend had emergency surgery last night and she is FINE. Thank you GOD!
3. Got a quick nap today, it was nice.
4. My youngest son went to Boston to see my oldest. Brothers need to be with Brothers every once in a while.
5. I actually lost a little weight..nice!

Night all....

Hey Houdi,

That's exactly how I feel. How can it be taking so long to feel better? How can I still be having withdrawals? Who still has issues after 30 days? I'm glad I'm not the only one who has or has had these questions! I'm gunna trust you Houdi. You've been right on the money so far so I'm sticking with you. I'll try to be patient and give it a few more weeks. I just hope those weeks go by quick!
Here's my blessings:

1. My wife is coming home today after spending the night by my daughter's house. I sure do miss her!

2. I spoke to my grandson on the phone this morning and he's excited about coming over Thursday to spend the weekend with us! As grouchy as I was last time he was here and he still loves me!

3. All my favorite shows come on tv tonight so that will get my mind off of me for a while.

4. I'm blessed to have a roof over my head and a comfy bed to climb into tonight. That's something that I take for granted all to often!

Thanks again Houdi for not giving up on me! Have a great day!

Perry

#148 nossri4me

nossri4me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Hi Perry,
I have been checking in on you. Sorry you are still having some bad days. Last week I was very agitated but I think this is a result of not being numb and oblivious to stress as I was on the medication. There is truely a mental withdrawal from this drug. I think it helps to find a concrete way to cope with feelings. I have made a renewed effort to get out and exercise and that seems to help me alot. Thats my update. I read your posts regualarly but do not always write. I am pulling for you so hang in there.
N

#149 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

Hey Noss,

It's good to here from you. I'm glad you are doing well. Keep up the fight my friend. Right now the withdrawals are really kicking my ass but I'm not giving up! I'm just surprised this is lasting so long. Stay in touch.

Perry

#150 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

Day 77 and 78: 33rd and 34th day without Cymbalta. I didn’t feel up to posting yesterday and don’t really feel up to it today, but this is something I feel I must do to get better. Right now it’s the only structured thing in my life. Yesterday completely sucked. I was depressed, hopeless and just down right blah. Today I feel somewhat better. I’m still having crying spells that seem to appear out of nowhere. My mind is like mush. All I feel like doing is sleeping. I forced myself to get outside today and water the lawn and that’s where I’m going once I’m done posting this, at least that’s the plan. I really thought by now I would be feeling much better. Well that’s enough whining for today. Maybe tomorrow will be one of my good days! I refuse to give up hope! Hope everyone has a great evening! See ya tomorrow.

Perry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users