40 replies to this topic

#31 Xenia

Xenia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:54 PM

Please don't fight in here.
This is not such a forum. Or a topic. I understand how you both feel.
Yanni is good btw. And has some "strong" melodies. (He's Greek like me :mrgreen: )

#32 LillyDefoliant

LillyDefoliant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

Please don't fight in here.
This is not such a forum. Or a topic. I understand how you both feel.
Yanni is good btw. And has some "strong" melodies. (He's Greek like me :mrgreen: )

I've visited a few mental health forums moderated by members and noticed that 'Learned Helplessness" is de rigueur. I was at first surprised and perplexed.

But then I remembered Karpman's Drama Triangle and realized that mental health forums will attract some who have been unfortunately Triangularized. And some of those who carry that baggage into the site with them, will naturally transition from V''s to R's and eventually become moderators. Which while satisfying their egos, the moderator as R role motivates them to re-inforce the Helplessness of the group. They don't want to lose any profound respect and appreciation by V's getting better and walking out on them. Always done under the pretext of warm, sensitive support. It's really just a lot of moving food around the emotional plate.

Then a pseudo-P (only in the mind of the R and his minions) drops in and the R resents being potentially V slotted again, so resents and resists the pseudo-P bitterly. Until the pseudo-P (who was never a Triangle player to begin with) eventually says, "To hell with it." and bails out.

Or something like that.

So GB, it's all yours pal. R away.

Out...

LD

#33 Xenia

Xenia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:53 AM

Thanks Greybeard, very usefull! :) Fortunately I manage to sleep deep. My dreams are vivid and colorful but not really nightmares...
Day 6.
Felt better when I woke up. Later I tried to run to catch the bus and... oh boy felt that I couldn't control my legs. A woman gave me her sit in the bus and I was too "zapped" not to accept :oops: :oops: :oops:
Don't want that to happen again.
I feel so proud of reaching this point and kept the cymbalta away from my body! That' s something good, in state of mind terms, I guess.

#34 sumer

sumer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

* If you are having disrupted sleep, either with insomnia or the nightmares, some people have had good luck with a melotonin supplement. Others here have used prescrition sleep aids that they have, or one of the things benadryl does is it makes some people drowsey. You need sleep and it needs to be deep sleep. Melotonin is another neurotransmitter cymbalta messes with while we are on it. Melotonin has to do directly with deep level 4 and REM sleep, the cymbalta never lets us reach beyond a level 3 sleep while taking it, this is one of it's "mechanisms of action" Eli-Lilly claims to not fully understand. So the whole time we are on the drug, for you about 6 months, we are not able to reach REM sleep. This REM sleep is the body's repair time, so all of that time, for some people years that they were on the drug, and none of us have been able to do any repairs. This is why getting that deep sleep is important right now.

Thank you GB for sharing this information. I am collecting a massive data base on information on Cymbalta and this answers one of one unsolved questions.

Blessings- Sumer

#35 Xenia

Xenia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:10 AM

Day 7.
First week is over YAY!!!!
Weekend is coming, more time to sleep, to work with myself and feel better, YAY again.
Yesterday's afternoon was HELL. Doesn't fit in any description. By 10 at night I was exhausted.
Funny thing that happened that may be good news for all of us

My ex doctor called me to see If Im feeling better. She said that she had a difficult time worrying about me, she researched and found out some info about cymbalta withdrawal. Her words in the best translation I can give:
"You were right about some of the symptoms you described" (REALLY??? Well I described ONE symptom - the brain zaps. I think she thinks that these exist after all, but not as bad as I was saying. Of course not. Well THANKS doc for believing at least something I tried to explain a week earlier when I was seeking for help in total desperation! But now I don't need you!)

#36 Xenia

Xenia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:53 PM

Day 8 evening
I actually feel better :)
Brain zaps don't feel that strong.
I have a small fever though but I don't know if it has anything to do with quiting the drug.

sadcat I think she wanted to earn a client back :roll:

#37 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

[quote name="Xenia"]Day 8 evening
I actually feel better :)
Brain zaps don't feel that strong.
I have a small fever though but I don't know if it has anything to do with quiting the drug.

Xenia, I'm glad the doc at least did that for you, sadcat is right the doc's in the states would never admit it! The fever issue just could be Cymbalta as I and other posters have experienced the same. I've been doing some research on that as I was curious as to why this might be happening. I'm going to post what I have so far under the thread What Are You Feeling.
Be Well !

#38 Xenia

Xenia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:41 AM

Day 10
Brain zaps are almost apsent! YAY! They come by the evening when I start feeling tired.
Unfortunately I get VERY tired easily... just by walking some blocks.
I have a pulse of 100-110 beats all the time. Don't know if this is actually anxiety. Some shortness of breath also.
And a low fever.

#39 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

Xeina, those all could be from Cymbalta withdrawal ! I don't know your personal state of health so in the end you have to be in touch with what's going on with your body. I'm a smoker of more than 50 yrs so I expect to have some pulse & breathing issues, I have noticed problems with this outside my "normal" experience. Do you get some form of exercise regularly ? If you don't now is a great time to begin. Just remember to pick gentle exercise and start slowly. I posted an article on why we might be having breathing issues under Cymbalta & body temperature research in this thread. Also the article I posted on Cymbalta & PTSD mentions hypervigilance,intermittent passive suicidal ideation,impulsivity, avoidant behaviors and emotional numbing, hyperarousal symptoms(fight-or-flight response). These are all symptoms of PTSD and or Cymbalta use. I hope I'm making sense as I'm just figuring this through and it is a work in progress.
Be Well !
Bobbie
"ALL THAT IS REQUIRED FOR EVIL TO PREVAIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING."

#40 anderson41

anderson41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:20 AM

Brain SHOCKS DO NOT go cold turkey. i've read of some victims having sudden death from withdrawls of going cold turkey so not an option. try taking one in a morning and then the next day take in the evening and so on. never go cold turkey to dangerous with any meds. ive suffered though hell with this and found if i slowly increases the time difference i dont have the buzzing nearly as much and im at 2 to 3 days apart but still trying as my post explains. i with you the best of luck.

#41 Xenia

Xenia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:32 AM

Thank you, maybe cold turkey was a bad choise but now Im in day 12 and I don't see a reason to return to the drug, since Im feeling a lot better.
Guys Im actually getting out of the tunel.
I can work and I can enjoy life again with some brief interruptions of small brain zaps and other soft symptoms.
I think I was very lucky after all and I hope days will be much easier for now on ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users