1 reply to this topic

#1 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:43 AM

Day 26 with no Cymbalta after 3.5 years of different doses, starting at 30, up to 60. Initially both doses "helped" for around 6-9 months each. When I hit the plateau and realized that the drug was masking who I really am, my doctor suggested a dose of 90mg, which I tried for one day, 90 mg of this stuff made my head feel like it was going to explode. My doctor's suggested "taper" was to take 30 mg for 2 weeks and stop. The first two days I cried, saw strange lights and shadows. After the first week, I actually started laughing again and would catch myself in the mirror and see my eyes were bright and happy. Some days I still feel a bit shaky and nervous, still have some strange shadows and blurred vision, but this passes if you hold on. You are worth the detox, give yourself some credit for stopping and do not look back. In reading other forums regarding Cymbalta withdrawl, I found that the people who reported the most success did not do "every other day" doses, which seemed to put the person back into withdrawl every other day. Each person is individual and I understand this may not work for everyone and do not try to withdrawl without letting somebody know and help look after you. I did try the every other day method last fall and did not realize how it was starting the process of withdrawl over and over again. Withdrawl is not easy and I wish everyone else out there the quickest, best experience with their efforts to return back to themselves.

#2 Susan

Susan

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

Thank you Sarah. I really liked what you had to say. Keep posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users