• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hopeless Feeling

Hopeless Feeling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

Has anyone tried Abilify for depression? This is the next step my Doctor has provided for me to try for my depression. I am so nervous because of the side effects with that particular medication. One thing I would like to know is if anyone has heard of any natural remedies for major depression. I know of St. John's Wort and SAMe, but I am not sure of the benefits. I am so petrified to try anything new at this point and do not want to feel this heavy feeling anymore.
I am beginning not to trust doctors and wonder if they truly out weigh the benefits and the adverse effects when prescribing these meds. I need advice from anyone who is willing to provide a natural course of action. :?:

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:09 AM

I took St. John's Wort, and although it took awhile to kick in, I felt great on it. I does cause sun sensitivity, :ugeek: but that is no big deal to me. The only reason I quit taking it, was to try Wellbutrin to quit smoking. (Which did not work) Anyway, I was diagnosed with a rare medical condition, and it hit hard, so my neuro prescribed Lexapro, then I went to Effexor, then to Cymbalta. In hindsight, I wish I would have just started back on the SJW. :roll: Also, when I quit taking it, there were NO adverse effects.

#3 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

Didn't work for me.........hope it does you.

#4 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

Hmmmmm. Abilify. Nope. Didn't work. All it did was work on the size of my butt, along with the rest of me... :lol:

Seriously, I have ran the gammott (?) of anti-depressents. Here is a list that I have that only goes back to Jan. 20th, 2007. Now mind you I have been to the same shrink for 3 years, so don't remember what was prescibed before jan 20th.

Clonazepam-anxiety (works great!)
sin-balta :lol:
Adderall (he thought I had ADD)
Fluxetine (hmm. what is this)
D-Amphetamine (don't know what this is or what it was for, but he prescribed it)
Rozeram-sleep (didn't work)
ambien-sleep (didn't work)
Cyclobenzaprine (don't remember this one either)
Prozac
Tramadol
Zoloft
Effexor

blah blah blah blah!

No wonder I'm screwed up. Geeze Louise, Holy Moly, Jimmeny Christmas, and anything else I can come up with. This truly blows my mind! Oh wait, the evil psych :ugeek: blew my mind UP with all these drugs.

Love and Kisses from beutiful Denver!
Mary :D

#5 Erinlyn80

Erinlyn80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

Doc put me on abilify on top of cymbalta for a month to try. I didnt notice any improvement and I think the first day I took it I got a migraine and missed work. After 5mg for 1 month i was just crabby, crabby, crabby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users