Photo

Stop the electrical jolts or sliding sand!!!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:27 PM

I was first on Effexor, and began experiencing the electrical noises or sliding sand noises. The doctor determined that Effexor was no longer working so, after he consulted with a psychiatrist, we just moved right over to Cymbalta. I have Intracranial Hypertension, which causes chronic pain, so the hope wast that in addition to treating the depression, it may help with the pain. So far, no pain relief at all.

About a month ago, I began having those electrical noises again. They occur when I move my eyes right or left. So, I went from 60 to 90mg. Yesterday the noises and dizziness are almost unbearable. I serpentine when I walk, (zig zagging) and feel very dizzy. This is at 90 mg per day. I feel at a crossroad; do I look to up the dosage, or just stop taking it altogether? I already take 1000 mg of acetazolamide, 40 mg of Lasix, and around 40 mg of oxycodone for pain. This sound in my head makes me feel insane, and I am afraid to leave the house!

Does anyone else here feel this electrical jolting sensation? For those who have stopped taking SSRI, is it best to go cold turkey or wean off of it? My medical condition already causes pressure on my brain, and difficulty with concentration. I feel like I no longer have control over ME! I haven't left my house in almost 3 weeks! While I do believe that antidepressents have a place for people, I am afraid that I am doomed to a life of hell with this stuff!!!!

#2 coco12

coco12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

I weaned down to 30 mg. and them stopped cold turkey. This is my 8th day Cymbalta free and it has been the worst day yet. Every single part of my body aches including my eyelashes (lol). I feel like I am sleeping when I am wide awake. I hurt, hurt, hurt. I won't forget to mention that my eyes cannot keep up with my head movement, I am very dizzy, dazed, confused and it feels like I have been in the bright sunlight all day and just came inside (everything is dark). That is the only way that I can explain that. I have to say I LOVE this website. Some of the comments on here have made me laugh out loud. Well , I hope tomorrow will be a better day. :lol: :D

#3 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

What are you doing for the pain? I know what you mean about the aching, and the scary thing is, I am still taking this crap!!!! What am I going to feel like when I stop? I look like a pinball in machine bouncing off the walls in my house. ARgghghghghg

#4 coco12

coco12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

I have took Tylenol pm a couple of nights and regular tylenol during the day, but I hurt so bad tonight that I am thinking of taking something stronger. Today has been alful

#5 kitten924

kitten924

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

About a month ago, I began having those electrical noises again. They occur when I move my eyes right or left. ... Yesterday the noises and dizziness are almost unbearable. This sound in my head makes me feel insane...

Does anyone else here feel this electrical jolting sensation? ... I feel like I no longer have control over ME! ... I am afraid that I am doomed to a life of hell with this stuff!!!!

OMG! This is exactly what I've been feeling, but with serious fluctuating BP 127/93 to 120/79 within a short time span. I also feel this fluttering in my chest cavity.

This is just horrible. I started Cymbalta five months ago (30 to 60 to 90 to 60 to 30 to cold turkey). I'm so mad at my doctors. I seriously feel like I need to check into a detox clinic just from the side effects from this med. :P

#6 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

Well, I'm on day 2 of just 30 mg. Yesterday wasn't too bad, but as soon as I got up today, the jolts and sliding sand were back, but not as bad as I've had it before. So, I'm going to attempt to stop tomorrow. I hadn't talked to my doctor about it, so I thought I should loop him in. I have a chronic condition called Intracranial Hypertension that complicates things too, as I take other meds. Maybe the pain meds will help me not feel the nasty aching effects. I'm waiting for my doc to call back, so he at least knows what I'm doing. I just don't want to introduce more anti-depressents into my system right now, so I hope I can just tough this out.

Good Luck to all of you going through this too.

#7 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:33 AM

I lowered my dose to about 28 mg today, and I had the head zaps and vertigo sensation off and on all day. I'm taking benedryl and my pain meds as usual.

I'm only going to take 15mg tomorrow and then I think Friday I will stop altogether. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't attempt to drive. I'm also getting periodic energy bursts. Also, I've begun to read again. While taking Cymbalta, I just didn't have the focus to read magazines, the paper let alone a book. But today, even with the brain zaps, I've been able to sit and read. I'm not sure what's up with that.

This feeling almost reminds me of being mildly stoned, which I haven't been in a loooooonnnnnngggg time. So, I'm goint to try and approach this from the perspective of experiencing new feelings, instead of fearing it. At least that is my thought at the moment. I read an article about a woman that suffers from chronic migraines, and when she finally decided to quit fighting them, and just roll with them when they hit, she managed much better. That is kind of how I am going to look at this withdrawl period. I hope this makes sense.

#8 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

15 mg today, and not a bad day. I got out of the house for awhile, and the brain zaps are fairly minimal. Tomorrow I am having lunch with my Dad, so since I have to drive myself, I can't go down to zero for fear of brain zaps hitting while I drive. So, I will do 15 again tomorrow, and zero on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts everyone, as I am keeping you in mine.

#9 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:23 PM

OMG, day 1 with zero Cymbalta, and this sucks!!! The electrical jolts are constant, and when I feel them, it feels like my heart is flipping at the same time. I feel like I was way to cavalier yesterday. I wish I could just go to bed and sleep this off, but my thoughts are racing and I feel like I'm on speed.

#10 carmenc1975

carmenc1975

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:00 AM

good luck on your journey of zero Cymbalta, I can honestly say that after about a month I feel like a new person. The worst of it lasted about 5 days then with some residual for 2 weeks. Then I went into total hatefullness and mood swings which come and go right now but are far better than they were. I feel like someone who has visited zombie land for two years and finally decided to leave......i noticed you said you felt stoned coming down.........I felt more than midly stoned when I came off completely....I felt like I had a whole bag!

#11 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:29 AM

good luck on your journey of zero Cymbalta, I can honestly say that after about a month I feel like a new person. The worst of it lasted about 5 days then with some residual for 2 weeks. Then I went into total hatefullness and mood swings which come and go right now but are far better than they were. I feel like someone who has visited zombie land for two years and finally decided to leave......i noticed you said you felt stoned coming down.........I felt more than midly stoned when I came off completely....I felt like I had a whole bag!

Your comment about Zombieland really hits home. I ended up starting to take 15 mg per day, since going from 90 to zero in a week wasn't very realistic. Still, even though I am having the brain zaps almost non stop, they are getting a little better every day. The thing that I am noticing the most, which ties to your zombie comment, is that I do feel more awake and alive than I have in a LONG time! The zaps and heart palpitations still suck, but I am actually reading books and magazines again, something that I haven't done in months. My doctor wants me to stay on this small amount until the zaps lessen considerably, or stop, then we will go down again. I'm taking a super Omega 3 supplement that cost me nearly $50, but if it will calm my brain down, it is more than worth it.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better after a month, and I hope your moodswings lessen and go away for you. You've given me hope!! Thanks so much for posting!

#12 druidfaerie

druidfaerie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:26 PM

Please, please, someone tell me how long these jolts will last! I went to the ER the other day because I thought I was having a heart attack! The morning is the worst, but all day long I feel like my heart is beating really hard about every 4-5 minutes and it is accompanied by an electric jolt which leave my fingers, toes and lips (and sometimes tongue) feeling numb. I was on 30 mg for about 6 months and then tried weening by taking one every 2-3 days. I haven't had one in 5 days. Anyone know how much longer I will feel this crazy?? I really can't stand it! It makes me want to punch myself in the face! LOL!

Heather

#13 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

Please, please, someone tell me how long these jolts will last! I went to the ER the other day because I thought I was having a heart attack! The morning is the worst, but all day long I feel like my heart is beating really hard about every 4-5 minutes and it is accompanied by an electric jolt which leave my fingers, toes and lips (and sometimes tongue) feeling numb. I was on 30 mg for about 6 months and then tried weening by taking one every 2-3 days. I haven't had one in 5 days. Anyone know how much longer I will feel this crazy?? I really can't stand it! It makes me want to punch myself in the face! LOL!

Heather

Like I said, I tried 90 to zero in a week, and that was bad news. I started taking about 15 mg, and tomorrow will be one week at that dose. I still have the zaps, and today I feel fairly agitated and like I could come out of my skin, however, the heart symptoms have subsided. I would talk to your doctor if you haven't already, but reintroducing it every few days is not recommended, because the cycle just starts again. For me, I've found that keeping a steady slow dose is helping, even if it is just a very little bit each day. I also find that if I get up and move around when I feel anxious, that helps too. You may want to consider emptying out 1/2 of the 30 mg, and sticking with that, even if you have to do it for a month, and then taper further. That is what my doctor wants me to do. It has also helped me to limit my caffeine, and to be sure to eat at least on decent meal a day. I''ve bought a whey protein drink that I use for those days that my appetite is not good, and I take the Omega 3 supplement.

I know you are anxious to get this out of your system fast, and I am too, but I think the safest thing to do is to take it slowly. I thought I could tough it out, and I was wrong. It was humbling to say the least, but there is no reason to be at extreme levels of discomfort if you can avoid it.

Good luck, and I'm here if you need to vent!

#14 druidfaerie

druidfaerie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

I just posted tonight and may have found an answer...I know you should never fix a problem with another medicine, but I saw some people saying that Benadryl helps so I thought I'd let you know about this too. I take Ultram for arthritis in my shoulder. I have been out for a few days, but I picked some up today. I took one about 45 mins ago and I already have lost the shocks...and today was the worst day yet. If you are feeling hopeless about the shocks, maybe ask your doctor for Ultram. It's non-narcotic, so it's not addictive like other pain relievers that are prescribed.

I hope this info helps. Oh, the generic is called Tramadol HCL and I take the lowest does at 50mg. The generic is only about $17 for 60 of them. Which REALLY pisses me off that I was paying $240 for a month of Cymbalta!!!!! As you guessed, I have no insurance.

Heather

#15 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:00 PM

I have a neurological condition called Intracranial Hypertension, which means I have too much cerbro spinal fluid in my head around my brain, and Ultram is known to cause an increase in CSF production, so I can't take it, or it gives me the worst headache in the world! Benedryl has helped, but sometimes it makes me jittery instead of tired, which just worsens the anxiety. It's a bitch getting older! LOL Anyway, I already take oxycodone for pain, so that has helped with body aches, and I really think the Omega 3 is helping. It is also known as a "natural" prozac. Others here have posted that Benedryl works great for them, so I hope you find some relief using it with the Ultram. Just remember, when you feel the brain zaps, and the anxiety, it is the medicine, and try to breathe through it, or call a friend to come be with you. This is some seriously scary stuff, so don't be afraid to ask for help. My niece sat with me for 4 hours last Friday night, until 3 am, and it was the first time in my life that I recall feeling that scared, and I'm almost 48 years old. Tomorrow night, my daughter and my niece are going to hang out with me, so I am trying to keep as active as I can, or trying not to be alone too much.

Let me know how you are doing, and I do pop in here a couple of times a day if you need anything. We can do this!!! :mrgreen:

#16 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:53 PM

Well, it has been a week, at 15 mg. I have had strange head and neck pain for the last 2 days. Also, today I noticed that I was extremely bitchy. It makes me wonder if I've always been a bitch, and 5 years of antis have just hidden it! It was a rather sobering thought! :oops:

#17 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

Well, I am on day 2 without any Cymbalta. I have a screaming headache, but I'm not sure if it is from the withdrawal, or my medical condition. The zaps are back with a vengeance, and I am very dizzy, and won't be driving anytime soon. My emotions are swinging around, but not as bad as I thought they would be, at least today. I'm thanking my Omega 3 for that.

Reading and cleaning seems to be helping me for some reason, so I'm trying to stay occupied with that. I also have not had any night sweats in over a week! That is wonderful for me, because I would literally soak my clothes and sheets every single night! I really thought I was starting menopause, and never associated it with this crap! So, I don't wake up smelling like I've just run a marathon every day, and that is one small thing! LOL

What occurred to me last night, was all of the people that are out there that are quitting this drug, and haven't done any research into the withdrawal effects, and how scared they must be! Not having a clue what is happening to them! I wish I had the money to take out a full page ad in the local newspaper to tell them not to be scared.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Here's looking forward to day 3 tomorrow.

#18 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

Day 3 at zero. I'm still zapping, but not too bad. Sleeping was awful last night. I kept having those dreams that hit you right when you doze off, and hearing noises in the house, so it was kind of scary. I'm not one to be afraid of house settling noises, so I know it is the drug, and that dream state. It really sucked, and I don't feel very rested today. I'm reading kind of a scary book, so instead of reading it at bedtime, I think I'll switch over to good old Reader's Digest!

Hang in there everyone, we can do this!!!

#19 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:30 AM

eke, 3:20 am going into day 4, and this sucks. The zapping has been constant, and when I fall asleep, I have nightmares that wake me up. I hear noises again, and I KNOW that they are just normal noises, but in that sleep/dream state, they are making me scared. I am now up avoiding sleep altogether. I also have this odd sensation in my eyes, kind of a burning feeling, but not. Kind of how you feel at the beginning of a cold or something. My neck and back are killing me. I would give anything to bypass the early sleep stage, and just go into a nice deep sleep! I really felt pretty good Monday and some of Tuesday, but today I've only had about 5 good hours.

#20 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:01 AM

Well, I am into day 10 at zero Cymbalta, and I have to say, the last 2 days have been okay. I'm still a bit spacy, and tend to ramble, (no kidding!) but the zaps during the day have really begun to subside. I am still having problems with falling asleep, and my dreams are very vivid. I can usually tie the dreams easily to something that I've talked about or watched on TV that day, so they aren't too scary, and I'm avoiding anything unpleasant for now. I'm not as concerned about driving since the zaps and dizziness are getting minimal, so overall, at least for this particular moment, I actually feel hopeful! :D

#21 hopeful

hopeful

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:05 AM

omg I am so sorry you are having so much trouble, go sit in your doctor's office and make them help you! You have done it all right to get here and shouldn't feel this bad! I am at 1 week off of cymbalta after tapering down and last week was hell complete with mind sand sliding, pain, water tension, bitchy mood, vomiting 8 x in 1 afternoon, weight gain and loss daily, and dizzy and headache...ugh. But I am on like hour 38 of feeling okay... tylenol, b6, bendryl and naps and crying to hubby all got me through.. praying for you. hang in there!! :cry:

#22 cstrommer

cstrommer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

Diddo, diddo, diddo.....To everything I just read here. I was going to start a new post about my heart. It's scary. The palpatations, rapid heart rate, jitters. I am on day 4 totally without cymbalta, and it's been rough. I thought today was worse than the previous few. I'm feeling better now, but this a.m. I was queay, a zombie, dizzy, everything you stated.

I have chronic pain. I take about one pain pill and one flexeril a day right now (that's a good thing), plus lyrica and lunesta. The lunesta has helped me sleep through all of this, but that being said, I am going to stop that next. I still am restless at night even with the lunesta. My dreams are vivid as well. I keep dreaming that I'm part of LOST??? I woke up vomiting on Saturday a.m. (I actually dreamt about it and then woke up while doing it). I also had an erotic dream (very vivid) last week and well, let's just say, I woke up feeling that one too (that was definitely new - wish I could market that one for all us ladies out there LOL). My libido is ??? I think it's better, but feel like crap, so don't really know what's going on there (except in my dreams).

The vicodin seems to level me out (imagine that) after I take it. But I'm really trying to limit my meds as I've taken so many over the past 3 years. I'm also having hormonal issues so I don't know what's what. Hang in there.

And let's not forget about all of our emotions on top of everything else.

#23 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

Okay, I had to smile/laugh at this! Early on in the weaing process, I had 3 nights of very vivid erotic dreams, and sadly for me, I am single! Very strange, and yes, if we could bottle that one up, we would be rich for sure!

I take oxycodone for pain, and honestly, I'm not sure I would be coping as well with this if I weren't taking it, because the pain I'm experiencing, which by the way is in places that DIDN'T hurt before, has been nasty, plus, I think it helps calm down my brain a bit.

You say you are going to stop Lunesta next, and you didn't mention if you plan on stopping Lyrica. If you choose to stop Lyrica, it is CRITICAL to wean from it. My medical condition is Intracranial Hypertension, which means my body is either producing too much cerebro spinal fluid, or not absorbing it, but anyway, I take a medication called Diamox for it. Okay, there is a point here. I was given Lyrica to try to manage the headaches that I get, and after 3 weeks, it wasn't helping, so I just stopped taking it. I was awakened at 4 AM with the most excruciating headache of my life. I suspected it may have to do with Lyrica reduction, and so I got up and googled it. Well, it turns out that a rapid decrease in Lyrica dosing can cause a sudden increase in CSF pressure in the brain, which I already have, and can cause stroke or seizures! Fortunately, they said the treatment for this is to give Diamox! Duh me, I took an extra dose of it without thinking that perhaps I should have taken a Lyrica too. Anyway, just another heads up about the importance of weaning off of meds, even if you wouldn't think they would be the type to cause problems.

#24 cstrommer

cstrommer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

Thank you so much for the advice on lyrica. I've been thinking if my pain gets better, I'd like to stop that as well. Wow, what we don't know when we start all of these medicines. I am so sorry to hear about your condition. I am glad to be able to "talk" to others that have pain in addition to the withdrawal. It's so hard sometimes. I've been crying a lot the last 2 1/2 weeks. I totally stopped cymbalta 8 days ago.

My sleep is worse, and I'm taking it out on my family. The lunesta doesn't really help right now. Thanks again for sharing. And hang in there.

#25 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:16 AM

Thank you so much for the advice on lyrica. I've been thinking if my pain gets better, I'd like to stop that as well. Wow, what we don't know when we start all of these medicines. I am so sorry to hear about your condition. I am glad to be able to "talk" to others that have pain in addition to the withdrawal. It's so hard sometimes. I've been crying a lot the last 2 1/2 weeks. I totally stopped cymbalta 8 days ago.

My sleep is worse, and I'm taking it out on my family. The lunesta doesn't really help right now. Thanks again for sharing. And hang in there.

You hang in there too! Having a chronic health condition is a challenge every minute of every day sometimes, and it IS hard to deal with coming off of Cymbalta because in addition to the other withdrawal effects, I feel like it has heightened my sensitivity to pain, which is just not good at all!

Lack of sleep has been the biggest issue for me because I think that also contributes to the pain levels, but I can tell you, that at day 15 with zero, sleep is starting to come a bit easier than it was. I noticed this a couple of days ago. My brain doesn't feel as if it is racing as much, the zaps are getting a little better, and the emotional swings are not as severe. I've done a couple of things, of which I've posted, but in case you haven't seem them:

1 I take 2 Omega 3 supplements, and have now for almost 2 weeks
2 I started drinking Chamomille Tea in the evenings
3 I stopped my intake of caffeine earlier in the day, and lessened it gradually over the last 2 weeks

Now, whether it is the 3 things above, or that enough time is passing that I'm seeing an improvement, I don't know, but I will continue doing what I'm doing. I will say that the improvement has been gradual, and I still have bad moments, but, from where I was at day 8 compared to where I am at day 15, there is no comarison, I actually see the light at the end of the tunnel.

As for Lyrica, as long as you aren't feeling any ill effects from it, I don't think I'd stop taking it until you have the Cymbalta out of your system completely. Just my opinion, but you could be throwing your body into a nasty pain cycle that you don't need to. When or if you are ready, I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms per se', other than that killer headache, so I think as long as you wean gradually, you will avoid that altogether, but I would definitely work with your doctor when/if you decide to go down that road.

Hang in there, I understand how hard it is to deal with chronic pain and withdrawal, yet you can do this, just come back here when you need a boost, keep your family and doctor in the loop, and hang on tight! I'm glad to lend an ear when you need one.

#26 cspooner

cspooner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

I don't know what is going on....I am so glad I found this website. I can't even type or creat a thought properly, I have been slowly going off cymbalta for a week now and I feel like my life is ending, I feel like there is a black cloud in my head and that I am floating somewhere in space. My doctor will not call me back, and I sort of feeling suicidal.....anyone else have those feelings!

#27 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:44 PM

How quickly you were told to taper? Are you still taking any of it? If your doctor won't call you back are you able to access a walk-in clinic?

Hang in there, your life is not ending, you are experiencing withdrawal. And yes, many people who post here have felt the way you do and you are not alone.

You may want to check this link out, several people who post here have come off of Cymbalta with minimal withdrawals by using the one Prozac method outlined in the following link. You can print this out to talk over this option with your doctor to see if it may help you.
http://depression.ab.../withdrawal.htm

Let us know how you are doing

#28 Onebadprep

Onebadprep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:04 PM

I think it is amazing that someone else feels the weird jolts when you move your eyes to the left and right!!! I dont feel like im going crazy or anything, but I feel and hear that loud jolt when I look to the left and right. If anyone needs to talk about it, I can be reached at JplazaAF@msn.com

#29 jessess

jessess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:59 PM

I am a male, 55 years of age. I have been on every AD there is over the years. I am no longer depressed. I had a secular epiphany last year at a health spa; it's a long story but the end result was no more depression for the first time in a 30 year period.

Now I am trying to get off of Cymbalta. My shrink says Cymbalta withdrawal is over rated. I wanna kick his ass. I have the brain buzz which is very similar to my Meniere's Disease symptoms that I had ten years ago. Very similar.

I will make it. I just need a little time, patience and some hints on making it a bit easier. It is tough to work and be head buzzing/dizzy at the same time. Appetite is off. Glad I caught one post re: emotional effects of withdrawal. That explains why I want to kill certain people each day (figuratively speaking).

The same doc says I'm never gonna get off the 3 mg. of Xanax I've been taking for over 20 years. With that and the CPAP that I can't sleep without, the whole desert island thing is out of the question...

jessess

#30 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

Well, I don't know about xanax, but you can get off of this, it just isn't fun, and it is a lot of work.

First, are you still comfortable with this particular doctor? He doesn't sound like the most supportive of people, and you have to have a good relationship with your doctor to get through this.

Having said that, I did start to wean myself based on what I read here. I did loop my doc in, but I basically told him how I wanted to do it, and he said it was fine, but to loop him in if I needed help. I hope you have read through the other posts to see what has worked for other people. I dropped from 90 to zero in a week, and that was bad. So, I took 30 again, at the end of my first attempt at zero, and maintained that for a few days, then I started emptying out 1/2 of the 30 for a week, and then went to zero. The first week was very rough, (I'm heading into day 17) I had one fabulous day, which gave me a very false sense of security, then I went back to some pretty crappy days, with the head zaps, and some wicked night terrors. (During that time I began taking an Omega 3 supplement made by Nordic Naturals) Ever so slowly, I have noticed an improvement, not so much from day to day, more like I know I'm better today than I was 2 days ago. I also started drinking chamomile tea at night, and have finally started sleeping better. I also drink lots of water and juice to flush my system, and try to eat 3 meals a day. It seems like if I let myself get hungry, it intensifies my head zaps and dizziness.

Sarah J touched base with her doctor and was placed on a low dose of Celexa, and some have had success with a low dose of prozac.

The thing to remember is that you will have some bad days and nights, and you have to keep reminding yourself that it is the drug coming out of your body, and your brain trying to normalize. It helps to come here and read and at least know that what you are feeling is part of the process.

That desert island sounds wonderful, and hey, if it is the island from "LOST", all illnesses are supposed to disapper anyway, right? (Of course if nobody watches LOST, you have no idea what I am talking about!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users