Photo

Class Action Lawsiut against Eli Lilly for Cymbalta?

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#1 wmaraionet

wmaraionet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

My husband keeps telling me that anyday now we are going to be seeing ads on the tv saying "call us if you have ever taken the drug Cymbalta". I was never warned about the hell I would go through on this drug or getting off this drug.

#2 christie

christie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join this forum because I also am a cymbalta survivor 3 weeks off and counting

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

Well my name is Christie. I wanted to let everyone know that yes I am looking for an attorney to sue. I have actually gone 1 round myself with the Eli Lilly Legal dept. heres there number 317-276-5674. I was told by them they dont get calls that Cymbalta gets people sick and that it helps thousands of people. Well I want to thank this site for what I knew when I went my round with her LOL. I tore her apart. She asked me what I wanted. I basically told her this is a dangerous drug and that its going to kill people and started telling her what I knew. The only answer I got was UM pretty much. They have a claim process but they wont guarantee anything. Basically they wanted my Medical records to see why it wasnt Cymbalta.

I actually contacted Erin Brockovich because Im like it cant hurt. Her staff actually emailed me saying they believed she was looking into it because the firm she worked for did LOTS of pharmaceutical cases. Im trying to get people to email her and tell her your personal story of getting sick on and or going off this drug. I figure the more she hears the better the chances are she will get involved. heres her email erin@brockovich.com or you can email me either. Ive decided Im not going to stop till the drug is off the market. I told Eli Lilly the one thing that they didnt want to hear they got the wrong person sick

#3 louski16

louski16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am sick and tired of trying to come off this devil med . Eli lilly was no help whatsoever. they suggested my gp guide me iI have been trying for 8 months no luck after 3 days I am in bed waiting 4 the 30 mgs to reconstruck my brain cells I can not loose my job over this I must plll over and lay down help!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:15 AM

I will write my story as soon as I can focus on the computer. I am to sick from Cymbalta at present be patient please

#4 christie

christie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join this forum because I also am a cymbalta survivor 3 weeks off and counting

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:39 AM

Where are you from Louski? I have actually found an attorney who has beat Eli Lilly in the past. We are trying to get the ball rolling on a lawsuit! Please email me at christie.harris@comcast.net and we can help each other!

#5 deniserosner

deniserosner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    want to share my Cymbalta withdrawal horror story and thank everyone, mostly you guys, for saving my life with sites like this.

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

http://www.fda.gov/m... ... nsumer.htm

EVERYBODY PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM that I got from another site like this one and tell your stories. I filled it out online yesterday and already received back a reply that this WILL get reported to the FDA……not sure what that will really do. but at this point, we need to do something!

also, i'm with you Christie and will work with you with your attorney. i'm in Southwest Florida. i'll also contact Erin Brokovitch as well. yeah, i also called over to Eli Lilly and got the same reaction you did plus getting the same reaction from the 4 different drs. I told about this - every single one of them is claiming that they are receiving no complaints from any of their patients. i believed 2 of the dr.s i spoke to that they indeed did not hear of anyone having any of these symptoms. and i don't blame the patients (us) for not being more forthcoming when you are looked at like you're crazy. and the other end of all of this, leads to that there must be people that do get off with no effects. are we the minority? it doesn't matter. i'm on a few different blogs all having to do with the Cymbalta withdrawal and all the stories are the same. all the horror - physically, mentally, emotionally and the most scary - suicidal thoughts - these stories must be told. i'm at Dee1311@aol.com if you need my story to help with any type of anything you need.

#6 mytwohands

mytwohands

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because cymbalta sucks & I feel terrible.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

I really don't care about suing anyone. But what I do want to know is how I can get involved in rallying to get Cymbalta off the market. After this far in the withdrawal, I can't believe it is legal. The medicine was very effective while I was on it, but I stayed on it for YEARS because of how hard it was to get off. This is not a safe medicine for people. Besides filing a complaint with the FDA, is there anything else I can do?

#7 kittcat

kittcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I was on Cymbalta for 21 months and coming off of it was very bad. Surprisingly it was worse than coming off Paxil which I had done 6 years prior. Its been a very scary experience for me and I was very uneducated.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

I really don't care about suing anyone. But what I do want to know is how I can get involved in rallying to get Cymbalta off the market. After this far in the withdrawal, I can't believe it is legal. The medicine was very effective while I was on it, but I stayed on it for YEARS because of how hard it was to get off. This is not a safe medicine for people. Besides filing a complaint with the FDA, is there anything else I can do?

I agree!! Cymbalta should be a controlled substance and I started taking it with NO CLUE as to how awful it would make my life. People should know the dangers of taking this drug. Sadly, a lawsuit is probably the only way to get any press.

#8 sickandtiredofit

sickandtiredofit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a nurse and fellow patient going through the withdrawal hell of cymbalta.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:06 PM

I have a Biology degree and I worked in a microbiology lab quality control lab testing pharmaceuticals and I eventually sold pharmaceuticals a veterinary distributor. I am currently a nurse and I use to work in the cardiac ICU until I became ill. One of my neurologist placed me on Cymbalta. I did not fill initally that it worked for me, but my case was complex and the doctors insisted it be one medication I continue to take. That has been a year ago. I was actually better a year ago than I am now. I decided to wean off the cymbalta but I had no idea the hell I was getting into. It has been the worst expereince.
I do not believe in sueing, but I am interested in pursuiing a class action law suit against ELI Lilly. Lilly had to know the withdrawal effects from this drug in the patients it studied and did not disclose these withdrawl side effects. While they are not legally obligated to disclose these, ethically and morally they shoould have felt compelled to (I know that is a joke). I think all patients have to take an active role in their healthcare. I choose to take cymbalta. I educated myself about the drug from the research literature and PDR. I did not read anything about these horrible withdrawal side effects and was not told by my physicians about them. This lack of disclosure of important information by Eli lilly is the reason I feel they really need to be sued. If the pharmaceutical companies are going to continue to have no concsious then the legal system is going to have to keep them in check. A large fine and order to disclose these withdrawal side effects clearly needs to be put in place by the leagal system. Otherwise Eli Lilly is going to do nothing to correct the problem. I don't however believe in pulling drugs off the market. There may be those few people that desperately need this drug and it may be there last resort and the only thing that works for them. I believe the drug should be available for that person. It may be the drug that saves a persons life and they should have the choice to take that drug. However all information about the drug and withdrawal and long term side effects should be disclosed. Then it is up to us as individuals to make our own informed decisions. Are this drug's risks and withdrawal symptoms worth the benefits I gane from it. In my case the answer was hell no. You couldn"t pay me a million dollars to go back on that drug. But I know each of us are facing different medical issues and some person out there may feel the benefit is worth the risk. So I think for that person the drug should be available, but all the facts need to be avaiable for the patient to make an educated informed decision about taking Cymbalta.
Just remeber all drugs are approved by the FDA based on safety and side effects while the patient is taking the drug. The withdrawal side effects in many drugs are not the criteria by which a drug is approved. This is something that is just now being addressed in many drugs. After the drug has been in the mass population and problems become apparent.

#9 BigMommaa

BigMommaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in ohio
  • why_joining:
    because I have had alot of problems taking ths pill

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

can we really sue the cymblata company?

#10 mazie74

mazie74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    need support for cymbalta withdraws

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

i need help. cymbalta has ruined my life, i'm a wreck, i tried to get off of it but omg the withdraws are bad. this drug needs taken off the market. i just got out of ICU last week because i tried to take my own life and its because of the cymbalta, it has changed who i am. its not a good drug to b on. now how does the company expect people to get off it without all the affects. IT'S NOT RIGHT i have so much more to say can anybody help me?

#11 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:
    Hubby is having bad anxiety problems due to cymbalta withdrawl

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

My husband has only been on Cymbalta since feburary and it has ruined our lives and my hubby was the only one working and now he is so parrinoied and the anxiety attcks are awefull. I also sent my story to erin brokavich and if anyone needs it please feel free to email me craftymomof6@gmail.com

#12 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:22 PM

Just wanted to say that I agree with Sickandtiredofit about how Cymbalta works well for some. I have a g/f who suffers major back pain (she had a metal rod inserted in the base of her spine 17 yrs ago and other parts of the spine are weakening as well) and suffers depression. She tried a couple of the SSRI's and they sent her loopy. I found out recently that she is on Cymbalta and that is working well for her. I sent her the link to this site and some other info, just so that she knows, but she is intelligent and had already done a fair bit of research.

The other drug that people talk about, and the class action against their co has been mentioned in this thread, is Aropax (Paxil). I took that for over 10 yrs and only stopped because it didn't seem to be working properly anymore. I now know of this 'poop out' effect which seems to be the brain's response to the drug after a period of time. The timing is different for everyone but for me came after 10 yrs. Apparently the drug continues to work but the brain slows down its dopamine activity. This in turn brings on some of the symptoms of depression (anhedonia, low mood, and insomnia). You can see how people get caught on a merry go round of increases in doses, trying other drugs, trying combinations of drugs ...

The point is: Paxil worked beautifully on me and as far as I know, I had very little trouble coming off it. Even after 10 yrs. All I had to do was taper from 40mg for one week, to 30mg for one week, to 20mg.... Cymbalta, on the other hand..aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh. Yet it works for my friend! So I don't think we should be trying to get these drugs off the market. Rather we should be forcing the drug companies to put more infomation about the risks v the benefits out there.

#13 ewadford

ewadford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I suffering from cymbolta withdrawls. It would be nice to speak with people who understand how I feel and what I am going through

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:27 AM

I am not one for suing people either, but will be glad to get on board with this. I was on 120mg of Cymbalta for over a year. Just recently decided to get of the medication. While being on Cymbalta I was diagnosed with Sinus Tachycardia. I don't know if that has anything to do with Cymbalta. I just know I didn't have any problems with my heart be fore starting Cymbalta. I have severe chest pains. To the point that I can't move sometimes. I get dizzy, my heart races and feels like it is going to beat right out of my chest. I get the sweats. Not to long ago while on Cymbalta I actually thought I had a mild heart attack. I had all the symptoms of a heart attack, but I went to the doctor and he said no. If I move my eyes my heart will do something funny. I can't explain it. I can not focus on anything for a long period of time. Working is difficult for me. These with drawl systems are ruining my life. I can go from one mood extreme to the other in no time at all. I have such a hard time explaining to my husband how I feel. Sometimes I think he thinks I am making it up, but I am no. I will be happy to help you Christi. e.wadford@charter.net. Just let me know.

#14 DuneAlia

DuneAlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

Delete my account.

#15 Nauseated as we speak

Nauseated as we speak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    withdrawals

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hello, my name is izzy. I am so upset. I finally weaned off of cymbalta on Sunday, after more than a month of opening up capsules and taking out 20 little beads of medicine (or should I say Poison?!) a day. It is now day five cymbalta-free and I am a wreck. I am so nauseous and dizzy that i can barely move around. My head is pounding, I have diarhea, I have vomitted several different times, I am having those weird brain zaps and body twitches, I am crying at the drop of a hat, I am irritable and impatient. At night I cannot sleep without taking medication, and I have developed restless leg syndrome. I am so miserable. I have now missed more than three weeks of work. I never dreamed that it could get worse, but it is getting worse. I am tempted to take just a little cymbalta in hopes of being able to work again, but I cannot bear the thought of putting anymore of that medicine into my body. I read on another blog that someone used benydryl to ease the withdrawal symptoms. Has anyone heard of this? I would think about the zoloft idea, but I know there are terrible side effects associated with withdrawing from that med. as well.

Im so sorry izzy. What I have done, (and still am having to do) is take dramamine for the nausea. It seems to help. I take it twice a day. At night I take benedryl because the of itching. I take one benedryl and then one over the counter sleep medication. This is the only thing that allow me to make it through the day with out vomiting and allows me to sleep. I will say that today makes day 14 of being completely off of it and the zaps are few and far between. Nausea and sweating are still present but not nearly as bad. I hope things get better for you soon.

#16 BradJones

BradJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCovington, Tn
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta Withdrawals

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

Well my name is Christie. I wanted to let everyone know that yes I am looking for an attorney to sue. I have actually gone 1 round myself with the Eli Lilly Legal dept. heres there number 317-276-5674. I was told by them they dont get calls that Cymbalta gets people sick and that it helps thousands of people. Well I want to thank this site for what I knew when I went my round with her LOL. I tore her apart. She asked me what I wanted. I basically told her this is a dangerous drug and that its going to kill people and started telling her what I knew. The only answer I got was UM pretty much. They have a claim process but they wont guarantee anything. Basically they wanted my Medical records to see why it wasnt Cymbalta.

I actually contacted Erin Brockovich because Im like it cant hurt. Her staff actually emailed me saying they believed she was looking into it because the firm she worked for did LOTS of pharmaceutical cases. Im trying to get people to email her and tell her your personal story of getting sick on and or going off this drug. I figure the more she hears the better the chances are she will get involved. heres her email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:erin@brockovich.com">erin@brockovich.com</a><!-- e --> or you can email me either. Ive decided Im not going to stop till the drug is off the market. I told Eli Lilly the one thing that they didnt want to hear they got the wrong person sick

If you need my story contact me at bradleyjj1971@hotmail.com PLEASE. VERY SICK

#17 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:42 AM

I hadn't heard about a lawsuit for Paxil w/d. I had a little trouble getting off it (seemed rough at the time), but compared to Cymbalta - that was a picnic. No offense to anyone who had a hard time with Paxil w/d - that was just my experience.

Anyway, if one those commercials were to come on about Cymbalta - I would be on the phone as fast as I could. Because of my previous work history, I am somewhat ambivalent about those kind of cases (long story), but I would be totally on board with this. Eli Lilly, the FDA, someone, anyone, everyone, who had a hand in getting this crap on the market should be held responsible for this. Just from reading this forum - the amount of suffering is unreal. How many people out there haven't found this place of support?

If any of you get more information on this - please keep us posted.

Thanks.

#18 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

I did a search online and it seems there are lawyers out there who will do a "claim evaluation" for Cymbalta cases. Years ago, I used to process asbestos claims and know a few attorneys from then. Their legal department will no doubt tie it up forever, but I would rather be "in line" for a lawsuit than doing nothing. Eli Lilly needs to be AT LEAST inconvenienced for the trouble they have caused.

#19 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

I am glad that Cymbalta is working for you. I can't speak for everyone, but my experience while ON Cymbalta was fine. It has been the withdrawals getting off of it. I'm pretty sure that's why this forum is called "CYMBALTA WITHDRAWL". I would definitely like to see Eli Lilly held responsible for the difficulties this drug is causing people. If Eli Lilly and the other manufacturers would do more testing on the w/d - maybe these things wouldn't happen in the first place.

Also, I don't know how many people suffer from the w/d, but to say it is only "some" seems to trivialize it. There is really no way to know. At the risk of sounding melodramatic - how many people committed suicide and didn't report feeling so bad? How many people didn't know it was w/d? How many people were shut down by their doctors? This was all in their minds, etc.? Again, I'm glad the medication is working for you. Please don't try to minimize what people here are going through.

#20 dave9c

dave9c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning off cymbalta after 5 years

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

You people make me sick. Cymbalta has probably helped you cope with a very difficult time in your life. Now, all you can think about is how to sue Eli Lilly for providing the medication you needed when yoy needed it. Lets make some money off of this company. They can afford to pay. So what if there are withdrawal symptoms. Big deal. That's gratitude for you and that's the American way.

#21 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

You people make me sick. Cymbalta has probably helped you cope with a very difficult time in your life. Now, all you can think about is how to sue Eli Lilly for providing the medication you needed when yoy needed it. Lets make some money off of this company. They can afford to pay. So what if there are withdrawal symptoms. Big deal. That's gratitude for you and that's the American way.

I don't know if you are a troll or what, but I will state again - the site is called CYMBALTA WITHDRAWAL. Cymbalta did help many people while taking it. Again, the withdrawal is the problem. You say, "big deal" - begin so debilitated that you cannot work or function is definitely a "big deal". IMO if you disagree with this forum - don't look at it.

#22 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

So sorry to hear about you and your girlfriend's experience. Unfortunately her situation is an example of someone being TOTALLY informed, but still not having enough info. I hear a few symptoms given on the commercials if you were to stop taking it, but the description does NOT tell the whole story.

You are so wonderful for staying with her. I am sure it means a lot to her. Having my beloved with me during this has meant more than I could ever tell him.

#23 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

Well, about a year ago, my girlfriend had neck surgery after being injured at work, by a patient, while working her shift at the hospital. After workman's compensation fought her tooth and nail, my attorney, and dear friend interveined, getting her the much needed surgery. During this time, which also was about a year, her leg pains and neuropathy in her feet were so bad that her doctor prescribed Cymbalta, what a frickin mistake that was. She has been on 120mg a day for over a year and it has almost cost her her life, our relationship, her job and her sanity. I have been there for her through EVERY episode and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Multiply this by adding Ultram to this equation for severe pain while the bone graaft in her neck was healing, and also from the major invasive trauma from the surgery itself. She is experiencing most of the syptoms mentioned on some of the websites and posts below. She has experienced dizziness, irritibility, slow thinking, trouble paying attention, problems thinking clearly, short term memory loss, sweating, LOSS OF SEXUAL INTEREST, we were once a dayers, now it's once in a while, dry mouth, nausea, diarrea, loss of appetite, yet weight gain, severe headaches, mood swings, anxiety attacks, argumentive, feeling of nothing at times, no emotions, a feeling of being lost in her own world at times. I have written down Erin's email address and I will email her tomorrow and go into all the details with her, as it would take up pages here. I will not rest until this drug is taken off the market, I really can't believe that there are people who can ONLY take this drug and not something else, the withdrawls are not the problem yet, she is still taking 120 mg a day, it is ALL the side effects now that we are dealing with on a daily basis. I am dreding the withdrawl and slow tapering off this drug. Do NOT let any doctor put any of you on this in combination with Ultram, (tramadol) as it makes it 10 times worse. We live in the Myrtle Beach South Carolina area, she has been a nurse for 21 years and is tops in her field, yet even though she read up on the warning papers that come with the Cymbalta, it NEVER mentions all the side effects clearly on any information you get with the drug, nor does it explain about withdrawl symptoms either. districtwo@aol.com is my email,

Hi There,

congratulations on being so supportive - she's at least got you on her side!

Not everyone has severe withdrawal symptoms, so take heart. One of the appalling things about this drug is that eli Lilly will no do research to find out just what percentage of people have problems getting off it.

I wasn't on it for very long due to the side effects (a few months in total) but still had withdrawal symptoms. Others have been on 120mg for a while and had little difficulty.

I'm only quoting here what I've seen on this site in the last 10 months, which is that most people, even those who have problems getting off altogether, don't have too much difficulty getting down to either 60mg or 30mg and then have to taper very slowly, which is 'easy' to do. (Easy as in technically easy.)

If you want to stay in contact with this board when she goes through withdrawal, I'd strongly recommend you register with the site. That makes it possible for people to remember who you are and your history, rather than just random guest posts from time to time.

regards, Maureen.

#24 Sapphires13

Sapphires13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPaducah, KY
  • why_joining:
    Joining because I'm getting off Cymbalta after 2 years and eight months.

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

I don't want money, I want the company and doctors to be required to WARN their patients that this is an addictive substance that can cause severe withdrawal symptoms. Maybe then not so many doctors would be prescribing it so willy nilly. I don't think a single one of us was told we'd go through this crap when the doctors first gave it to us.

#25 StopBlamingOthers

StopBlamingOthers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

i need help. cymbalta has ruined my life, i'm a wreck, i tried to get off of it but omg the withdraws are bad. this drug needs taken off the market. i just got out of ICU last week because i tried to take my own life and its because of the cymbalta, it has changed who i am. its not a good drug to b on. now how does the company expect people to get off it without all the affects. IT'S NOT RIGHT i have so much more to say can anybody help me?

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear you've had such a bad time. You are doing the right thing by asking for help :0) My suggestion would be to talk to your physician or nurse to see what they can do to help and they should contact the company (Eli Lilly www.lilly.com) for you &/or you can do it directly - call them and ask for their medical information department, tell them you want to report an adverse event, they are obligated to do this and to inform the authorites plus they can give you advice, leaflets and information on the best way to stop tailored to your situation. eg. the effects come from serotonin level altering too fast before your body can catch up so taper the dose down really slowly and/or have you had other similar meds in the past that you stopped without problems>>>> maybe your physician can give you a short course of that med to bouy the serotonin levels? This is just an example and adding in another med must not be done without your doctors advice as there are always risks with adding in meds - as I think you know!!

I've been reading a lot of emotional reports on here and I am on here because I have my own story to tell (another post!!) I do believe that Lilly need and want to know these stories - they were really helpful when I called them and reassured me (which as a depression/anxiety sufferer is often what I need!!) that I am not alone, others have these symptoms and they will go away. Everyone on here should officially report their adverse events directly to the company and to their own physician and to the FDA - they routinely update the legal status of the drug by this route. Law suits do not result in medicines being removed from markets in my opinion they just waste a lot of money and mean that future medicines will cost more in the long run.

Take care of yourself, get the help you need & keep a note inside your mind and inside your heart that you know you will get through this, life will be good again xx

#26 StopBlamingOthers

StopBlamingOthers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

I've been reading a lot of emotional reports on here and I am on here because I have my own story to tell (another post!!)

I believe that Lilly need and want to know these stories - they were really helpful when I called them and reassured me (which as a depression/anxiety sufferer is often what I need!!) that I am not alone, others have these symptoms and they will go away.

Everyone on here should officially report their adverse events directly to the company and to their own physician and to the FDA - they routinely update the legal status of the drug by this route. Law suits do not result in medicines being removed from markets in my opinion they just waste a lot of money and mean that future medicines will cost more in the long run.

lillytrials.com
lilly.com

see for yourself!

#27 StopBlamingOthers

StopBlamingOthers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

<!-- m -->http://www.fda.gov/m... ... nsumer.htm<!-- m -->

EVERYBODY PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM that I got from another site like this one and tell your stories. I filled it out online yesterday and already received back a reply that this WILL get reported to the FDA��not sure what that will really do. but at this point, we need to do something!

also, i'm with you Christie and will work with you with your attorney. i'm in Southwest Florida. i'll also contact Erin Brokovitch as well. yeah, i also called over to Eli Lilly and got the same reaction you did plus getting the same reaction from the 4 different drs. I told about this - every single one of them is claiming that they are receiving no complaints from any of their patients. i believed 2 of the dr.s i spoke to that they indeed did not hear of anyone having any of these symptoms. and i don't blame the patients (us) for not being more forthcoming when you are looked at like you're crazy. and the other end of all of this, leads to that there must be people that do get off with no effects. are we the minority? it doesn't matter. i'm on a few different blogs all having to do with the Cymbalta withdrawal and all the stories are the same. all the horror - physically, mentally, emotionally and the most scary - suicidal thoughts - these stories must be told. i'm at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Dee1311@aol.com">Dee1311@aol.com</a><!-- e --> if you need my story to help with any type of anything you need.

Hi folks, You are right that everyone needs to report their adverse events.

For those of us in the UK;
Report it to the MHRA (www.mhra.gov & search for their 'yellow card' reporting.
Also phone/email Lilly UK www.lilly.co.uk

Pharmaceutical companies are legally bound to report all adverse events & product complaints to the FDA & the MHRA.
I have learned that all reports without exception go to their GPS (Global Product Safety) team and the 'label' or 'SPC' ie the legal prescribing information gets updated as often as the reports come in. For example Cymbalta UK SPC is currently on its 14th version since it was launched in 2005! Reporting adverse events does make a difference so do it!

This is the most effective way to getting the correct information out there. Lawsuits are counter productive in my view as it only takes money away from research and development (lillytrials.com). Did you know that the amount Lilly reinvests back into research & development is the one of the highest percentage to profit than any other pharmaceutical company?

And to answer your question - yes we are in the minority. I am not judging individuals like myself who have these symptoms but some reports do need context for instance 'suicidal thoughts' ..... if you stop taking your medicine too early and don't switch to another effective medicine then the depression symptoms can come back quickly and as we all know this most distressing symptom is part of depression so may or may not be related to the drug effect. 1000's report these side effects; millions don't - why? because the medicine works for them and the balance of unwanted events verses positive effect is good for many many more people than not. This is good news! :)

#28 TNK94

TNK94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    try to inform others of an easier way to detox from Cymbalta that they can live life a bit more &quot;normal&quot;.

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

I have been trying to wean off Cymbalta for over a month now by deleting so many little beads from the capsule itself. I have all the extreme side effects as you all have had and still deal with them each and everyday, also losing each piece of myself,life,family and job as I cannot function. I have done my best to try and find every herb possible to add to my system as I delete this evil med to lighten the load of the side effects. It has not been easy at all!! I am not sure what any of you have done besides try and delete this evil drug from your system, but if I may try to lesson your load and add some suggestion to help anyone out, even if it is to reach out to just one of you I will continue trying and telling you all that I have been doing. I am NOT at all trying to lighten the side effect of this drug or say I have none of these side effects that anyone has described because as you know, no one knows how you live everyday as if you are literally in HELL as we do with any one of the side effects morning or night. I thought it was bad when I was up with one of my four kids due to a nightmare OMG!! I HATE going to sleep due to such vivid dreams and nightmares I have when I whirl from vertigo into sleep.

Anyways, I will do my best to be positive for you all as we all know this is needed right lol. I have added in many herbal things that you may want to try and it has lessoned some of the side effects as I detox from this evil drug.

Fish Oil = depression, brain stimulation, healthy heart.
B6 = helps out with both the vertigo and mood swings.
Ginko Biloba = Vertigo, brain function
Vinpoctine = Vertigo
Phenagren (prescription for nausea but will make you tired.)
Zofran (prescription for nausea that you can take while at work and not feel sleepy.)

The BIGGEST thing I have made a change to detox from this evil med is I went to the herbal store and I am now doing a full body cleanse called "FIRST CLEANSE", by RENEW LIFE. DO NOT do the one from GNC as this will put your body into a complete shock and they say it may just shut down. Use an HERBAL STORE full body cleanse. When you go in let them know you are wanting to detox from the Cymbalta, they will help you out. I am now on Day 3 and yes I feel the Vertigo like no other, as for the reason I researched the Vinpoctine as of today to try and stop the spins, but nothing like in the past when I tried to quit cold turkey of this evil med.
Not sure what will work for you, but I am not willing to wait out months for this to go away, I want my life back!! I am all siked for this herbal cleanse to detox from Cymbalta asap. I am done crying, raging, sitting in my room to feel safe from the world outside. I REFUSE to feed that monster (Cymbalta) inside me wanting more drugs. I pray often that this will not only flush everything out but that when I am done all my friends and family will still want me!

If I am able to help just one of you with a symptom or two by mentioning these herbs to you, this will bring a smile to my face as I am lost in my own world searching for a way out also!! Good Luck!
tnkmemmott@hotmail.com
Kelly - TNKM94

#29 Cat

Cat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • why_joining:
    coming off Cymbalta

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

I will fill out the forms and send off to Eli Lilly and contact Erin B. No use going into my symptoms, they mirror all of yours. Lost friends and clients that swear I was a coke addict, people stare at me because I used to be this, that and the other and now at times I look and feel like Rainman or excuse me but I am not politically correct, a spastic retard. If I can prevent one person from going on this drug, save one life from suicide (I tried, it was like someone in my brain took over and told me my life was meaningless and dying was the answer)that is my goal. We need to keep in touch and be there for each other.
Cat

#30 Cat

Cat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • why_joining:
    coming off Cymbalta

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

I've search, but can't find evidence that any type of suit has ever been filed against Eli Lilly for Cymbalta. I don't know what happened with the suit against GSK for WD symptoms from Paxil. Does anyone know?

Erin Brokovich...google and see what she has going with Cymbalta...please tell everyone here to email her under the Cymbalta tab and she will see the number of people that are in more pain now. thanx to Cymbalta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users