Photo

Class Action Lawsiut against Eli Lilly for Cymbalta?

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#91 akmad64

akmad64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hello, I'm Mark. I have been taking Cymbalta for several years now. I have to tell you that it's probably the worst "medicine" I've ever come across. You don't ever want to run out on a friday, and by monday realize that your prescription doesn't have any refills left. I was so relieved when I found this forum I can't tell you how glad I am. I've wanted off it for a long time now, as it's now become useless and at the same time I don't want to start going through the withdrawls again. For me it starts out feeling like a bit of a panic. Next it courses through the rest of my body starting in my brain. It took forever for me to find exactly what I'm going through. These Brain Flashes are by my definition like having shock therapy of the worst kind. It goes from my brain to my eyes, my mouth, lips, tongue, and courses through my extremeties. UNBELIEVABLE!! When I first tried explaining my symptoms to "anyone" that would listen, thought maybe I needed to up my dosage and move on. Or just looked at me like they didn't even know me. I get very aggitated at the slightest noise, anyone asking "are you alright?" WTF?? How can they prescribe this stuff without looking at the long term affects? I've been put on the "fourth floor" in our hospital 2 times because of this stuff. Now I'm afraid to misss a day of taking it.

#92 Amber0401

Amber0401

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Because they are clearly very uneducated on the topic, probably haven't read any stories on this site to understand personal experiences of loss and pain, and are literally clueless about the pharmacy industry. They are a business not the peace core. They are here to make money not personally care for you. And are well aware of the risks of being in that business as well as their responsibility for their product. They have lawyers and insurance for a reason. If u go to a fancy restaurant and order an expensive steak but it's terrible what do u do? U send it back, they fix it, or give u ur money back and apologize. It is no different with cymbalta. It is a product that is consumed and if it isn't up to par it should be sent back, fixed, or I should be compensated for my loss incurred.

#93 west

west

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

My husband keeps telling me that anyday now we are going to be seeing ads on the tv saying "call us if you have ever taken the drug Cymbalta". I was never warned about the hell I would go through on this drug or getting off this drug.

i have been on this DRUG for around three years and at first it helped alot now im ready to get off it and i was never told how much it will knock you around its unreal. the last few months on it i am sure its doing my body more harm then good since i have stopped taking it 4days ago i dont feel as tired or like someone had just gone into my body and ripped every bit of energy and strangh from right out off me of cause all the side effects are there but i feel my brain is starting to repair all damage done from this drug

#94 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

want to see what my childhood psychiatrist has to say about this information.
WebMD, the gigantic, pro-pill web site whose original partner was Eli Lilly, is doing damage control for SSRI antidepressants.

There was a day when it seemed like everyone was on antidepressant “happy pills” like Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft. But then the pendulum began to swing. Patients objected to the weight gain and feelings of not being “themselves,” sexual side effects and the withdrawal symptoms. There were even reports and warnings about suicide and other “neuropsychiatric” effects.

Now, WebMD, the gigantic, pro-pill web site whose original partner was Eli Lilly, is doing damage control for SSRI antidepressants. New articles, sounding like they’re from crib makers or cantaloupe growers, urge patients not to panic or quit taking their pills just because of things they read.

Don’t believe all the hooey about antidepressants turning “you into a zombie,” ruining your sex life or costing too much, says an article called Fears and Facts About Antidepressants on WedMD. And don’t be impatient! “ If the first antidepressant medication doesn’t help, the second or third often will . Most people eventually find one that works for them.” Ka-ching. Don’t listen to all that suicide talk either! “Switching to a different antidepressant may help,” say the damage control articles.

Is your fear of becoming a drug lifer keeping you from antidepressants, asks another WebMD article called What’s Stopping You from Seeing a Doctor About Depression? “If you do need a medication, it most likely won’t be for life,” says the article. Just until the patent runs out?

Do you think you can ignore your depression and it will go away? “Waiting for depression to simply pass can be harmful,” because “depression that goes untreated may become more severe,” say the WebMD articles–rewriting medical practice itself since depression has never been a progressive disease but is actually self limiting.

The important thing, say the articles, is to never stop your meds. “Stopping medication abruptly may.. cause depression to return,” and can cause side effects, say the articles. Worse–”prescription abandonment”–people who discover what a drug costs and leave it at the pharmacy or quit drugs because of their effects– costs Pharma lots of money! Pharma even has programs now that send Big Brother nurses to people’s homes, through their pharmacies, to make sure people are taking their meds.

One antidepressant with a big PR problem is Eli Lilly’s Cymbalta. It’s linked to the deaths of Traci Johnson, a healthy 19-year-old who hung herself on the Lilly campus during clinical trials in 2004, and Carol Anne Gotbaum, daughter-in-law of former New York City Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum who died in police custody at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor airport in 2007.
Cymbalta is noted in the scientific literature for producing suicidal side effects in people with no mental health history. A 37-year-old man described in the Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology with a stable marriage and employment and no history of mental problems tried to kill himself with carbon monoxide two months after taking Cymbalta for back pain. A 63-year-old man, also with no mental health history, became suicidal on the drug after two weeks.

“There is an emergence of suicidality in apparently nonsuicidal patients after starting or increasing Duloxetine [Cymbalta] reads an article in Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health.”

But now, Cymbalta is being promoted as a pain drug of choice like it’s not a repurposed antidepressant with antidepressant side effects. Last year it was approved for chronic musculoskeletal pain, including discomfort from osteoarthritis and chronic lower back pain, and it was already approved for fibromyalgia and diabetic nerve pain.

A Cymbalta ad in October’s New England Journal of Medicine , says “Today a non-NSAID [non- aspirin or ibuprofen] non-narcotic, once daily analgesic FDA approved for 3 indications across 4 different chronic pain conditions can be found in 1 med.” Sounds as safe Vioxx. by Susan Popp

In the event i pass away from not being able to get off this med bring E Lilly down.

#95 akmad64

akmad64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

I don't know if you are a troll or what, but I will state again - the site is called CYMBALTA WITHDRAWAL. Cymbalta did help many people while taking it. Again, the withdrawal is the problem. You say, "big deal" - begin so debilitated that you cannot work or function is definitely a "big deal". IMO if you disagree with this forum - don't look at it.

Wow Dave, what a totally assinine thing to say. Yes, for me the cymbalta helped when other anti-depressants wouldn't. I've been taking it for almost 6 years now. If you haven't been prescribed it, ran out, accidentally, or just can't get your refill for one of these long weekends, you have no Idea what the hell your talking about. You obviously haven't had the bad headaches, bad skin, or worse the Brain Shockwaves. I know before they hit just how much the following days are gonna be, and would rather walk out in front of a frigging bus. I'm not here to sew anyone, but I want answers. How could any Dr. prescribe this med, without warning of it's devistating withdrawl symptoms. Don't come here berating anyone or for that matter spewing your bullshit. We're bad off enough chemically, we don't need some know nothing knit wit showing his I.Q. Beat it loser.

#96 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

here is some links regarding cymbalta fairly new
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22351288
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22285303

#97 marge

marge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Tired of Cymbalta, trying to get off of it.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

I guess Eli Lilly wants the medical records sothey can say there are no complaints in them. My doctor doesn't write down my complaints about Cymbalta, my desire to get the flip off it, or anything negative about Cymbalta in my records. I have copies of my medical records and have searched high and low, but *surprize* no record of anything other than the increases of Cymbalta due to my "depression". I have been on this merry go round for eight years! I am now cutting my 60mg in half and getting off no matter what. I don't want to be a stepford wife anymore. I have lost my creativity, any desire to go outside, ride my horse or motorcycle, well, hmmn, live life. I think my husband loves the "obediant" and "calm" (read, emotionless) person I am now, but I want ME back.

#98 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

I've been reading a lot of emotional reports on here and I am on here because I have my own story to tell (another post!!)

I believe that Lilly need and want to know these stories - they were really helpful when I called them and reassured me (which as a depression/anxiety sufferer is often what I need!!) that I am not alone, others have these symptoms and they will go away.

Everyone on here should officially report their adverse events directly to the company and to their own physician and to the FDA - they routinely update the legal status of the drug by this route. Law suits do not result in medicines being removed from markets in my opinion they just waste a lot of money and mean that future medicines will cost more in the long run.

lillytrials.com
lilly.com

see for yourself!

#99 missbrazilianxx

missbrazilianxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Good afternoon everyone, I am also suffering TERRIBLY from withdrawal with Cymbalta.
I am BLESSED to have found this site. I literally feel like my life is ending and I can't do anything about it.
Tonight will be 7 days without cymbalta, and I feel like I am getting worse.

I live in NJ, and if ANYONE is still interested in pursuing to SUE, ANYTHING. I would do ANYTHING.. Just to not have another person go through this.

#100 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Good afternoon everyone, I am also suffering TERRIBLY from withdrawal with Cymbalta.
I am BLESSED to have found this site. I literally feel like my life is ending and I can't do anything about it.
Tonight will be 7 days without cymbalta, and I feel like I am getting worse.

I live in NJ, and if ANYONE is still interested in pursuing to SUE, ANYTHING. I would do ANYTHING.. Just to not have another person go through this.

I have signed up for info on a class action suit. There are several listed online but I'm not sure which are legitimate and which are information gathering machines. I'm not inclined to lawsuits but Cymbalta needs to be taken off the market. I almost commited suicide from the stuff. Now it withdrawal time. How can so many "professionals" be so ignorant of the dangerous side effects of a med? March 17 was my last capsule of time released death. I have been running a fever off and on since. It feels like Malaria! I go for a liver function test on Friday.
Don't let Cymbalta win. Hang in there. This website helps by letting us know that we are NOT fabricating our symptoms. How dare Ely Lily produce and promote a liver damaging substance! We will get to the bottom of this yet. Hang on!

#101 Harleygirl

Harleygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Thank u for posting this. I was prescribed Cymbalta for depression caused by chronic pain last year. Let me tell you it did nothing to help with my pain and actually caused me to be diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I stopped cold turkey Feb 26th. The withdrawal was horrific but \i was no longer suicidal or homicidal, I could laugh at my husband's silly jokes and I started to lose some of the weight this drug packed on. Now, one month later the side effects have lessened to the point I barely notice them anymore. I no longer have "fibromyalgia". While I still suffer pain, it is back pain from a herniated disk and an anular tear. Despite that, it feels great to be off that poison and back to myself. Good luck and stay strong.

want to see what my childhood psychiatrist has to say about this information.
WebMD, the gigantic, pro-pill web site whose original partner was Eli Lilly, is doing damage control for SSRI antidepressants.

There was a day when it seemed like everyone was on antidepressant “happy pills” like Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft. But then the pendulum began to swing. Patients objected to the weight gain and feelings of not being “themselves,” sexual side effects and the withdrawal symptoms. There were even reports and warnings about suicide and other “neuropsychiatric” effects.

Now, WebMD, the gigantic, pro-pill web site whose original partner was Eli Lilly, is doing damage control for SSRI antidepressants. New articles, sounding like they’re from crib makers or cantaloupe growers, urge patients not to panic or quit taking their pills just because of things they read.

Don’t believe all the hooey about antidepressants turning “you into a zombie,” ruining your sex life or costing too much, says an article called Fears and Facts About Antidepressants on WedMD. And don’t be impatient! “ If the first antidepressant medication doesn’t help, the second or third often will . Most people eventually find one that works for them.” Ka-ching. Don’t listen to all that suicide talk either! “Switching to a different antidepressant may help,” say the damage control articles.

Is your fear of becoming a drug lifer keeping you from antidepressants, asks another WebMD article called What’s Stopping You from Seeing a Doctor About Depression? “If you do need a medication, it most likely won’t be for life,” says the article. Just until the patent runs out?

Do you think you can ignore your depression and it will go away? “Waiting for depression to simply pass can be harmful,” because “depression that goes untreated may become more severe,” say the WebMD articles–rewriting medical practice itself since depression has never been a progressive disease but is actually self limiting.

The important thing, say the articles, is to never stop your meds. “Stopping medication abruptly may.. cause depression to return,” and can cause side effects, say the articles. Worse–”prescription abandonment”–people who discover what a drug costs and leave it at the pharmacy or quit drugs because of their effects– costs Pharma lots of money! Pharma even has programs now that send Big Brother nurses to people’s homes, through their pharmacies, to make sure people are taking their meds.

One antidepressant with a big PR problem is Eli Lilly’s Cymbalta. It’s linked to the deaths of Traci Johnson, a healthy 19-year-old who hung herself on the Lilly campus during clinical trials in 2004, and Carol Anne Gotbaum, daughter-in-law of former New York City Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum who died in police custody at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor airport in 2007.
Cymbalta is noted in the scientific literature for producing suicidal side effects in people with no mental health history. A 37-year-old man described in the Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology with a stable marriage and employment and no history of mental problems tried to kill himself with carbon monoxide two months after taking Cymbalta for back pain. A 63-year-old man, also with no mental health history, became suicidal on the drug after two weeks.

“There is an emergence of suicidality in apparently nonsuicidal patients after starting or increasing Duloxetine [Cymbalta] reads an article in Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health.”

But now, Cymbalta is being promoted as a pain drug of choice like it’s not a repurposed antidepressant with antidepressant side effects. Last year it was approved for chronic musculoskeletal pain, including discomfort from osteoarthritis and chronic lower back pain, and it was already approved for fibromyalgia and diabetic nerve pain.

A Cymbalta ad in October’s New England Journal of Medicine , says “Today a non-NSAID [non- aspirin or ibuprofen] non-narcotic, once daily analgesic FDA approved for 3 indications across 4 different chronic pain conditions can be found in 1 med.” Sounds as safe Vioxx. by Susan Popp

In the event i pass away from not being able to get off this med bring E Lilly down.

#102 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

I have signed up for info on a class action suit. There are several listed online but I'm not sure which are legitimate and which are information gathering machines. I'm not inclined to lawsuits but Cymbalta needs to be taken off the market. I almost commited suicide from the stuff. Now it withdrawal time. How can so many "professionals" be so ignorant of the dangerous side effects of a med? March 17 was my last capsule of time released death. I have been running a fever off and on since. It feels like Malaria! I go for a liver function test on Friday.
Don't let Cymbalta win. Hang in there. This website helps by letting us know that we are NOT fabricating our symptoms. How dare Ely Lily produce and promote a liver damaging substance! We will get to the bottom of this yet. Hang on!

I was contacted today by a law firm Garret (888-427-7388) that I googgled and left my info with two days ago. I spoke with Kate who took my info and confirmed that this is a class action suit. She has asked me to gether all medical records pertaining to my case and they will send me a FedEx envelope for mailing. I'm working on that assignmant now. It feels good to at least take a first step towards making the truth known.

#103 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Try this link it worked well for me

https://www.accessda...atch-online.htm

Thanks for this link. It is by far the BEST site I've come across so far. Do you know anything about a law firm named Garrett that is handling a class action suit? I've spoken with them but would like to know if anyone else has. Their number is 888-427-7388. I spoke with a lady named Kate who took my info.

#104 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hello, I'm Mark. I have been taking Cymbalta for several years now. I have to tell you that it's probably the worst "medicine" I've ever come across. You don't ever want to run out on a friday, and by monday realize that your prescription doesn't have any refills left. I was so relieved when I found this forum I can't tell you how glad I am. I've wanted off it for a long time now, as it's now become useless and at the same time I don't want to start going through the withdrawls again. For me it starts out feeling like a bit of a panic. Next it courses through the rest of my body starting in my brain. It took forever for me to find exactly what I'm going through. These Brain Flashes are by my definition like having shock therapy of the worst kind. It goes from my brain to my eyes, my mouth, lips, tongue, and courses through my extremeties. UNBELIEVABLE!! When I first tried explaining my symptoms to "anyone" that would listen, thought maybe I needed to up my dosage and move on. Or just looked at me like they didn't even know me. I get very aggitated at the slightest noise, anyone asking "are you alright?" WTF?? How can they prescribe this stuff without looking at the long term affects? I've been put on the "fourth floor" in our hospital 2 times because of this stuff. Now I'm afraid to misss a day of taking it.

Mark, Fire your doctor and find one that knows how to read. Print out some of the info on this site https://www.accessda...atch-online.htm and keep it with you. See if the 'fourth floor' has a patient advocate. If so, talk to them. Contact a minister, a health care worker, anyone who will read the information on the www.accessdata.fda site. Keep the information with you at all times and show it to anyone that you think might be able to help you. It's your ammunition against the comfortable ignorance of the establishment. Don't give up. You deserve a life and an advocate. Best wishes!!!

#105 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlsea, Oregon
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta Withdrawal. Diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (20 years); Fibromyalgia (Summer 2011); Arthritis...

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

I am having a problem trying to submit the FDA MedWatch Online Reporting Form. After entering all the info on side effects, I click next and it wants me to check all the other options under Outcomes Attributed to Adverse Event (Check all that apply)I only want to check the one that is appropriate for me, and it won't let me go to the next section without checking ALL the boxes. Frustrating! Help please! What am I doing wrong???!! Thanks!!!

#106 TXcounselor

TXcounselor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    On Cymbalta for about a year for peripheral neuropathy. Withdrawal from the drug has been hellish and life-changing. Need support and want to support others.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Maybe you can quit and open back up and try again? I tried to do it yesterday and it froze, but just finished it today. Make sure you have one of the supported web browsers (they are listed on the start page) and if all else fails, it looks like you can call in the report.

#107 cymbaltavictim1010

cymbaltavictim1010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationLONDON
  • why_joining:
    BECAUSE I WANT THIS DRUG BANNED AND WITHDRAWN AND SOME OFFICIAL REHABILITATION PROGRAMME ESTABLISHED

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

I want to tell you that YOU CAN WITHDRAW. Wean yourself off over a month by breaking the capsules open (obviously Eli Lilly tells you you are a naughty boy to do so) and when the zaps come in, dip your finger in a little water and mop up a few "globules" and swallow. When the zaps finally start to recede, STOP TAKING THE DRUG ALTOGETHER. This is a three-month horror-show, I'm afraid. But when you finally find revelation (YOU WILL) you will feel happier than anyone ever did. The zaps will continue for months but become like an irritating acquaintance phoning you. I lost my job and my marriage thanks to this stuff. Get away from it as fast as you can. Respond if you want explicit advice. It is a terrible, terrible thing, this "medicine" and I am on a one-man mission to destroy it and its makers. But you will survive and enjoy life again. Keep the faith, hard though it is. Omega 3 pills are very good to offset the zaps and, quite frankly, are enormously good for you anyway so start taking them now. Get off as soon as possible and get your life back. My heart goes out to you.

#108 cymbaltavictim1010

cymbaltavictim1010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationLONDON
  • why_joining:
    BECAUSE I WANT THIS DRUG BANNED AND WITHDRAWN AND SOME OFFICIAL REHABILITATION PROGRAMME ESTABLISHED

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

Thanks for this link. It is by far the BEST site I've come across so far. Do you know anything about a law firm named Garrett that is handling a class action suit? I've spoken with them but would like to know if anyone else has. Their number is 888-427-7388. I spoke with a lady named Kate who took my info.

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR WWW.BROCKOVICH.COM. Yes, that Erin Brockovich. This is a DISASTER, A PLAGUE UPON US that has completely gone unpublicised. Nobody should have to go through what we have.

#109 melly

melly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR WWW.BROCKOVICH.COM. Yes, that Erin Brockovich. This is a DISASTER, A PLAGUE UPON US that has completely gone unpublicised. Nobody should have to go through what we have.

I just sent a note off to Erin Brochovich about my experience with cymbalta. I am from Canada so I don't know if it will count but thanks for the information.

Mel

#110 ijustdontgetit

ijustdontgetit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

My husband keeps telling me that anyday now we are going to be seeing ads on the tv saying "call us if you have ever taken the drug Cymbalta". I was never warned about the hell I would go through on this drug or getting off this drug.

I am off cymbalta 4 days now and feeling quite ill. Should I expect things to get worse as I continue?

#111 TXcounselor

TXcounselor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    On Cymbalta for about a year for peripheral neuropathy. Withdrawal from the drug has been hellish and life-changing. Need support and want to support others.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Ijustdontgetit - my experience was about 7 days of hell, 7 more of discomfort, now I'm in the annoyance phase. It does get better. I titrated off over a month...maybe that helped. 30mg, then 20mg, 15mg, 10mg, then stopped. I opened my capsules to get 15 and 10 (roughly. I eyeballed it). When I tried to stop the first time, I did 30 mg every other day for a week then stopped and I couldn't handle it. Good luck.

#112 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

I am off cymbalta 4 days now and feeling quite ill. Should I expect things to get worse as I continue?

ijustdontgetit, sorry that you are suffering. Been there. Txcounselor has given wise advice. 30mg every other day is pure misery.
It took a month before I felt human. Now, 6 weeks after my last dose, the zaps and nausea and vertigo are fatigue are gone. I still have an occasional 'cussin' fit' but that's getting better, too.
Milk Thistle and 5HTP helped, I believe. TAKE SOMETHING, some herbal or nutritional supplement. Your body and brain are fighting a battle and need all the help they can get. Read through the posts here and see what has helped others. A few weeks ago I started on FATIGUE FIGHTER from nativeremedies.com. I believe it has helped. Next week I'm ordering another product from them. There is a site calle TRUEHOPE.com that has products specifically for withdrawal issues. Haven't tried it myself but I think the product is very much worth looking into.
Please read some of the posts on the PLACEBO EFFECT that are on this site.

Hang on. It will get better. :) Read as many posts fromt his site as you can and do as much research as you can.
Please keep us updated because every experience that we post will help someone else who is dealing with this nightmare.
I wish you a super quick recovery!!

#113 ShannaB

ShannaB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I have survived Cymbalta. I joined while I was withdrawing but was too sick to post. I want to help others who are going through the same thing and raise awareness amongst prescribers and patients about what this drug can do.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

Australians - I have just written a post about this - you can report your adverse experiences to the Therapeutic Goods Administration. Average Joe members of the public don't seem to know about this service, but surely if enough of us put in complaints about the same drug they have to do something.

https://www.cymbalta...nce-to-the-tga/

The second part of my linked post (the majority of the post, really) is about what I have been through getting off Cymbalta over the past six weeks. It is the worst thing that I have ever EVER been through. Reading about others' experiences helped me get through it, so hopefully my story can help someone too.

Good luck to you guys in the USA with finding someone to launch legal action. I wouldn't want money either, I just don't want anyone to go through what I've been through and no one told me what might happen when I stopped taking this drug, so I want more education for prescribers and patients around this medication.

(Is it possible that they build these withdrawal effects into the drug to keep people on it... thus channeling more money into their evil pockets??? Surely pharmaceutical companies aren't THAT unethical?????)

#114 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Australians - I have just written a post about this - you can report your adverse experiences to the Therapeutic Goods Administration. Average Joe members of the public don't seem to know about this service, but surely if enough of us put in complaints about the same drug they have to do something.

https://www.cymbalta...nce-to-the-tga/

The second part of my linked post (the majority of the post, really) is about what I have been through getting off Cymbalta over the past six weeks. It is the worst thing that I have ever EVER been through. Reading about others' experiences helped me get through it, so hopefully my story can help someone too.

Good luck to you guys in the USA with finding someone to launch legal action. I wouldn't want money either, I just don't want anyone to go through what I've been through and no one told me what might happen when I stopped taking this drug, so I want more education for prescribers and patients around this medication.

(Is it possible that they build these withdrawal effects into the drug to keep people on it... thus channeling more money into their evil pockets??? Surely pharmaceutical companies aren't THAT unethical?????)

Yes ShannaB, it is QUITE POSSIBLE for the noble drug executives to do just about anything for $$$. I'm convinced that $ymbalta is a mind contol experiment!! It sure screwed up my mind!
I've been in contact with a law firm re a class action suit. There are several firms who are gathering info. I think it it just a matter of time.

#115 christinewholmes

christinewholmes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

I am so thankful that my daughter stumbled across this site. I have been taking cymbalta for over two years now. I was receiving it directly from the company, due to not having any insurance. I just ran out about a week and half ago. I have been going through pure hell on earth. I didn't know what was wrong with me. I have been so sick; neasua, dizziness, trouble breathing, extream mood swings, night sweats, tingling in my head and face (especially with sudden movement). I woke up last night feeling like something was terribly wrong, my insides were shaking apart. I couldn't stop crying and shaking. I prayed asking God..... What is wrong with me? Well, today I was telling my daughter and she decided to look up withdrawals from cymbalta and found this site. Thank you all!!! At least I know now I am not crazy or imagining all that is going on. Yes, I totally agree this drug needs to be off the market. If there is anything I can do to help, please, do not hesitate to contact me at christinewholmes@hotmail.com

Sincerely,
Christine

#116 jillw

jillw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationToronto Aera Canada

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

I guess Eli Lilly wants the medical records sothey can say there are no complaints in them. My doctor doesn't write down my complaints about Cymbalta, my desire to get the flip off it, or anything negative about Cymbalta in my records. I have copies of my medical records and have searched high and low, but *surprize* no record of anything other than the increases of Cymbalta due to my "depression". I have been on this merry go round for eight years! I am now cutting my 60mg in half and getting off no matter what. I don't want to be a stepford wife anymore. I have lost my creativity, any desire to go outside, ride my horse or motorcycle, well, hmmn, live life. I think my husband loves the "obediant" and "calm" (read, emotionless) person I am now, but I want ME back.

Give your doctor a letter writen by you state just what you have said and list all the sysmptoms you've had and ask him to put this in your file. They must keep it there for you. I'd also ask why it isn't in there. I know my doctor was dead set against me coming off the cymbalta and even went to the point of telling me that if I just stopped it very well could kill me. I moved and haven't had a doctor for 7 months now and have had to get med through a clinck. Next nice day do me a favor???? Go take your horse out for a nice trail ride? I used to ride but can't anymore because of hip problems. You know you'll feel better!

#117 vickif

vickif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get off Cymbalta

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

I cant seemed to find if you all actually contacted Erin Brokovich, I just did ..anyone here know anything else???

#118 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

I cant seemed to find if you all actually contacted Erin Brokovich, I just did ..anyone here know anything else???

ABBOTT LABS got slapped with 1.9 billion due to DEPAKOTE. There's hope for getting $ymbalta in the courts. We have to do everything we possibly can to see that it happens.

#119 vickif

vickif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get off Cymbalta

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

@goodfriend...what do we have to do to get Cymbalta in courts??? seems all of us suffers (the more I read this board) is anyone willing to take this case? do we need to find an attorney ourselves..I never did a lawsuit against anyone...but I know a lawyer ,maybe I should ask him?

#120 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

@goodfriend...what do we have to do to get Cymbalta in courts??? seems all of us suffers (the more I read this board) is anyone willing to take this case? do we need to find an attorney ourselves..I never did a lawsuit against anyone...but I know a lawyer ,maybe I should ask him?

Google 'cymbalta class action lawsuit' and select a firm. You will have to fax (or efax) your medical records to them. You don't have to put up any money since it is class action. I'm working with a firm named GARRETT but there are others.
The FDA is in bed with the big companies but if Depakote got nailed then there is hope for $ymbata,too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users