Photo

Class Action Lawsiut against Eli Lilly for Cymbalta?

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#121 Mostafa

Mostafa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

If this drug is a nightmare, why doctors are still prescribe it and why Eli Lilly produce it !! I just started it with 30ml / day for 1 month, then 60 for 1 moth, and when I red about its withdrawal side effects I decided to withdraw it and decrease it for 30m again for 1 month.

No I'm trying to stop the 30 ml by taking it day after day, but I feel very dizzy, vomiting feeling, fast heart beating, bad mode, lack of concentration.

I used to use Favrin before and it was very good and easily I could stop it.

I thought to use Favrin or St Jon's but I found them interact with Symbalta at http://www.drugs.com...nteractions.php

Any advices ??

#122 Zaz09

Zaz09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Ill contact her as well, my head is going to explode and my meds were only cut in half for 5 days now.

#123 JackieDawn

JackieDawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

I don't want money, I want the company and doctors to be required to WARN their patients that this is an addictive substance that can cause severe withdrawal symptoms. Maybe then not so many doctors would be prescribing it so willy nilly. I don't think a single one of us was told we'd go through this crap when the doctors first gave it to us.

Well, I am not going to lie and say that I don't want the money! I cannot work because of what this is doing to me. I cannot function on a normal basis because of the way that this is making me feel. Right now I am laying in bed sick to my stomach and I have to ask my kids to do things for me that I would normally do for myself. So am I going to want money....YES... they need to pay for what they are doing to the people that are suffering from this. I will soon be out of money to pay for my bills and I am unable to work at this time due to these withdraws. So who do you think should have to pay for what is happening to me right now? If it were not for cymbalta and the ignorance of my doctor I would not be suffering like this. Now given the choice and the knowledge I now have of cymbalta would I have taken it? NO! If I have learned anything from this experience it is; Make sure to research ANY drug that my doctor decidedes to prescribe for me.

#124 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:
    "where i was born, and where and how i have lived is unimportant ~ it is what i have done with where i have been that should be of interest."

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

@jackiedawn - no need to apologize here! in hearing about the billion$$ eli lilly has made off "us" suffering their poison...well money will help with the suffering, but i am still more the mindset of putting every one of THEM at cymbalta ON CYMBALTA...then taking it away and fkn SHOW them what bullshit poison it truly is!!
i'm using your thread here to ask again if there is a potential lawsuit in canada - i did erin brockavich(sp?) and got totally lost in the convoluted mess on another forum thread where they were asking for too much info and intimate "details" and yet shared no canadian 'facts' or website addys etc.
as i stated b4 i have read wwwaaaayyyy too much here some days..till mental exhaustion, so then i cannot always find the proper channels/threads again.
Gawd - i'm already shutting down today as the pain and brainfog/farts take over. Aaaarrrgggghhhh = i want my mind back = even flawed thinking is preferable to being dumbed-down!

#125 longtermcymbaltauser

longtermcymbaltauser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    Withdrawl was a nightmare, never experienced anything like it and don't want others to suffer.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

From another site: Author Erin
http://www.whatwinne...oms-to-the-fda/

As I read all of the comments on the Cymbalta Withdrawal Symptoms Suck post left by people suffering through the Cymbalta withdrawal I am infuriated. I decided that more needs to be done than just compiling signatures on a Cymbalta petition
to send to Eli Lilly.

PLEASE SIGN PETITION: http://www.ipetition...tion/cymbalta1/

I figured rather than just inform the pharmaceutical company themselves the FDA should be informed. I was able to find the FDA MedWatch Online Reporting Form and I filled out a complaint against Cymbalta. I’m going to tell you how you can file a complaint with the FDA too.

I urge all of the people that are effected by Cymbalta withdrawal to do the same. Just follow the link above and answer the questions. There is also a field that allows you to explain in your own words what your complaint is about. This section allows you something like 6400 characters so you won’t run into the problem of running out of space while ranting.

God Bless some of the activists on here for standing up for yourselves and others. :) People like you help balance society and make change and help others who cannot help themselves. I have and am having a miserable withdrawal experience and will try to share mine with some of the contacts listed here.

#126 Davewe

Davewe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

I don't want money, I want the company and doctors to be required to WARN their patients that this is an addictive substance that can cause severe withdrawal symptoms. Maybe then not so many doctors would be prescribing it so willy nilly. I don't think a single one of us was told we'd go through this crap when the doctors first gave it to us.

I was on Cymbalta for three years. The first couple of months were fine, but then I started to get sores and ulcerations on my arms and legs. And I am talking hundreds of sores and ulcerations. I asked my doctor if the drug was causing them and he said no. I continued taking this drug because he encouraged me that my depression would be better along with my anxieties. Well, I do want money after spending on a weekly basis between $60.00 to $100.00 to dress and wrap my arms as the dermatologist told me to. It got to a point that the bleeding under the skin and then erupting on both arms at the same time that I couldn't dress one arm without the other soaking through pads of gauge and tape of blood. I finally called Eli Lilly and the RN I talked to told me I probably had Steven Johnson Sydrome or Erythrma Multiform. Borth deadly diseases of the skin and underlying tissue. I would get areas as big as two silver dollars and I could fill the fluid under the skin. I steriled the area with ETOH (alcohol) and used diabetic lancets to break into the skin and the arms would bleed for days. I called Eli Lilly on April 12, 2012 and the RN told me to stop immediately. I almost died in just a few days because of the complete body illness. I at least want an award back from Eli Lilly for the money I put out for the first aid guage and tape, plus the money for the drug. I could go on and on, but I think I will write it out in a document form and post and send to the two attorney's that have been listed.

#127 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

From another site: Author Erin
http://www.whatwinne...oms-to-the-fda/

As I read all of the comments on the Cymbalta Withdrawal Symptoms Suck post left by people suffering through the Cymbalta withdrawal I am infuriated. I decided that more needs to be done than just compiling signatures on a Cymbalta petition
to send to Eli Lilly.

PLEASE SIGN PETITION: http://www.ipetition...tion/cymbalta1/

I figured rather than just inform the pharmaceutical company themselves the FDA should be informed. I was able to find the FDA MedWatch Online Reporting Form and I filled out a complaint against Cymbalta. I’m going to tell you how you can file a complaint with the FDA too.

I urge all of the people that are effected by Cymbalta withdrawal to do the same. Just follow the link above and answer the questions. There is also a field that allows you to explain in your own words what your complaint is about. This section allows you something like 6400 characters so you won’t run into the problem of running out of space while ranting.

God Bless some of the activists on here for standing up for yourselves and others. :) People like you help balance society and make change and help others who cannot help themselves. I have and am having a miserable withdrawal experience and will try to share mine with some of the contacts listed here.

I refuse to sign anything that REQUIRES you to give MONEY to them before letting your signature be valid!

#128 jtoler13

jtoler13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hello,
Let me tell you the hell I have been through. I was prescribed Cymbalta 90 mg for Chronic Major Depression by my psychiatrist about 7 months ago. I was coasting along fine until I had to submit my second mail order refill request with Express Scripts thru Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (my husbands insurance policy). My dr. wrote the script for 90 mg, which of course the capsules only come in 30, 60, 120s. The first refill went thru fine. I was able to get the refill mail ordered for my standard copay of $50. The script was written for 3 30mg tabs 1x daily for a total dose of 90 mg.

When I realized it was time to reorder (about 1 month in advance) I started the process of getting the preauthorization from the Dr. office for the same script. Express Scripts/Anthem, refused it saying it was only authorized for 1x daily (well duh! The second script was written exactly the same as the first). SO, the dr. office resent the script for 30mg and 60mg tabs taken 1each 1x daily for the 90mg dose. Refused again. By the time I was able to get them to fill ANYTHING, I had already run out of meds and was forced into a withdrawal without being able to taper off slowly. Three days into the withdrawal, I was able to get samples from the dr. The insurance company agreed to fill but was going to charge me a $50 copay for the 30mg and the 60mg, in essence making it double what it was initially. I cannot afford this and with my dr’s permission, we just decided to stay off the Cymbalta and get on another drug that wouldn’t be so hard to fill each time.

I have been thru PURE HELL coming off of this med. I have missed two weeks of pay from my job, to the tune of $1050 roughly, not to mention the additional copays for dr. visits and the pure mental anguish my entire family has had to endure because the insurance company decided to play GOD with my life. I have been on the brink of being hospitalized on numerous occasions in the past two weeks and had suicidal thoughts multiple times a week. I have had just about all the horrible withdrawal effects you have no doubt already heard about from others from what I can tell on the website. I have gone from being a sane individual to pretty much losing my mind because of this drug. I am three weeks off the meds now and still have horrible attacks of rage that are just down right scary. Dr. said it is basically like a medicine induced bipolar state that I have been thrust into.

I would love to tell you more. Please contact me. I am working so need to keep this short. This is my first day back at work in two weeks and probably really needed another week or two off to recover even further.
I also sent this to the erin brocovich address you all had posted on here. Contact me direct at jtoler@tritechlabs.com or jtoler13@gmail.com

#129 DonMH

DonMH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPeachland,B.C., Canada
  • why_joining:
    My wife is suffering from major Cymbalta withdrawals.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

My wife had an expert second opinion and even he had not heard about the problems in coming off Cymbalta. Paxil yes, Prozac -yes, Cymbalta - not a frigging clue! Half of the psychiatrists in Canada dishing out this crap like candy DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS OF CYMBALTA. All I say is "Well done, Eli Lilly. Best cover up I have seen in all of my life!" . Go to RxISK
- there you will find out the truth about Cymbalta!! Feel free - almost kill my wife. What her previous ECT did not do, you can finish for us!!!Posted Image
DonMH

http://www.fda.gov/m... ... nsumer.htm

EVERYBODY PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM that I got from another site like this one and tell your stories. I filled it out online yesterday and already received back a reply that this WILL get reported to the FDA……not sure what that will really do. but at this point, we need to do something!

also, i'm with you Christie and will work with you with your attorney. i'm in Southwest Florida. i'll also contact Erin Brokovitch as well. yeah, i also called over to Eli Lilly and got the same reaction you did plus getting the same reaction from the 4 different drs. I told about this - every single one of them is claiming that they are receiving no complaints from any of their patients. i believed 2 of the dr.s i spoke to that they indeed did not hear of anyone having any of these symptoms. and i don't blame the patients (us) for not being more forthcoming when you are looked at like you're crazy. and the other end of all of this, leads to that there must be people that do get off with no effects. are we the minority? it doesn't matter. i'm on a few different blogs all having to do with the Cymbalta withdrawal and all the stories are the same. all the horror - physically, mentally, emotionally and the most scary - suicidal thoughts - these stories must be told. i'm at Dee1311@aol.com if you need my story to help with any type of anything you need.

#130 DonMH

DonMH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPeachland,B.C., Canada
  • why_joining:
    My wife is suffering from major Cymbalta withdrawals.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Why is it still being advertised on TV??? It might cure your depression, if you are lucky. It might kill you coming off it, but no-one mentions that in the small print. Only 3 trials before it was launched - how many of these had all of the abnormal data removed prior to reporting??? Eli Lilly were sued over Paxil but it is still on the market! What do we have to do to get it banned?? What do we have to do to get Cymbalta banned?? Report your symptoms to RxISK and they will prepare a report for your doctor and one for the FDA! Let us get rid of this drug for ever. We must get it BANNED! How many more people have to walk around like Zombies before something is done. Is it like the Traffic Lights in my hometown? Only takes just one person to get killed before anything is done!! Our doctors must be informed of the dangers of this drug that they are handing out willy nilly!!

If this drug is a nightmare, why doctors are still prescribe it and why Eli Lilly produce it !! I just started it with 30ml / day for 1 month, then 60 for 1 moth, and when I red about its withdrawal side effects I decided to withdraw it and decrease it for 30m again for 1 month.

No I'm trying to stop the 30 ml by taking it day after day, but I feel very dizzy, vomiting feeling, fast heart beating, bad mode, lack of concentration.

I used to use Favrin before and it was very good and easily I could stop it.

I thought to use Favrin or St Jon's but I found them interact with Symbalta at http://www.drugs.com...nteractions.php

Any advices ??

#131 Bettyrose

Bettyrose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

There's a new article up on RxISK.org about Cymbalta nightmares -- mentions this website which is good ... I think it also samples a couple of nightmare stories first posted here. Take a look:

http://wp.rxisk.org/...balta-bs-story/

The article doesn't go into depth about all the other effects people experience on withdrawal. Would be good for some of us to post more experiences!

#132 Bettyrose

Bettyrose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Apparently a nationwide class action lawsuit was filed October 31st in Los Angeles against Eli Lilly for failure to warn of Cymbalta withdrawal effects. Here is the link to their press release:

http://globenewswire...mbalta-LLY.html

Contact information: If you used Cymbalta or you would like more information regarding the Cymbalta class action, please contact one of the following attorneys: Michael Woerner or Mark Samson, Keller Rohrback at 800-776-6044 or via e-mail at consumer@kellerrohrback.com.

If you used Cymbalta, suffered serious side effects, and want more information about pursuing an individual personal injury claim, please contact Pogust Braslow Millrood LLC and Deskin Law Firm, a PLC via the contact form on the website: http://cymbaltasideeffects.com or at 800-897-8930 or via email at cymbalta@deskinlawfirm.com.

NOTE: Three law firms are involved. I have no idea of their reputations. They are located in Seattle, greater Philadelphia and greater Los Angeles, but class action status allows people to join the suit regardless of where they live.

#133 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Well my name is Christie. I wanted to let everyone know that yes I am looking for an attorney to sue. I have actually gone 1 round myself with the Eli Lilly Legal dept. heres there number 317-276-5674. I was told by them they dont get calls that Cymbalta gets people sick and that it helps thousands of people. Well I want to thank this site for what I knew when I went my round with her LOL. I tore her apart. She asked me what I wanted. I basically told her this is a dangerous drug and that its going to kill people and started telling her what I knew. The only answer I got was UM pretty much. They have a claim process but they wont guarantee anything. Basically they wanted my Medical records to see why it wasnt Cymbalta.

I actually contacted Erin Brockovich because Im like it cant hurt. Her staff actually emailed me saying they believed she was looking into it because the firm she worked for did LOTS of pharmaceutical cases. Im trying to get people to email her and tell her your personal story of getting sick on and or going off this drug. I figure the more she hears the better the chances are she will get involved. heres her email <!-- e -->erin@brockovich.com<!-- e --> or you can email me either. Ive decided Im not going to stop till the drug is off the market. I told Eli Lilly the one thing that they didnt want to hear they got the wrong person sick

Christie,
I am with you. I don't smoke. I rarely drink, and yet here I am going through hell trying to get off this drug. I trusted my doctor, and I trusted Cymbalta to be safe. And here I am, trying to get my life back, sick as a dog!

#134 tomitsu

tomitsu

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

I just got off the phone with one of the law firms.
I hope we have a case. I broke down on the phone with them. I expressed how difficult this has been on me and my family. Please everyone call them today!! It's not about money it's about all of the crap we are all going through. How many of us have died bc of this drug? We will never know truly. Please email them or call them. Please.

#135 Bettyrose

Bettyrose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for doing that Tomitsu. Keep us posted on the progress of the lawsuit! I am going to e-mail the firm that is conducting the class-action lawsuit. That seems like the appropriate action for the lucky ones among us (I only lost a few days' wages and a few weeks' peace of mind, fortunately).

This may be the first class-action suit based on withdrawal problems. It could really bring some important facts to light.

#136 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

http://www.slate.com...ug_secrets.html

Tells of the test subject that hung herself in the lab at ELI LILY. She was testing Cymbalta.

#137 LAnnLanglois

LAnnLanglois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I am on day 10 off of cymbalta, after being on it for two months for chronic back pain (it helped for a little while then not). I am having terrible withdrawal.

After all I've seen on this forum I CANNOT believe that the EVIL drug is still on the market and prescribed to innocent, vulnerable people like me.  There is a class-action suit

http://cymbaltaclassaction.com/

I wish I had done my research.  This suit was filed on 10-31-12, I started on Cymbalta 10-19-12.

I saw my internist yesterday (not from the pain clinic that prescribed the Cymbalta) , and she recommended:

*2 x 10 mg fluoxetine (Prozac) / day for one week then 1/day for one week

*meclizine 25 mg as needed for vertigo

I had 2 fluoxetine  and 2 today.  I took 2 meclizine yesterday, and 2 today.  I feel SO MUCH BETTER today. I feel somewhat like me again (from before Cymbalta)

Hope it works, and hope you all recover, and mostly I hope we can prevent this from happening to more people!!!

#138 pjkingston

pjkingston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well my name is Christie. I wanted to let everyone know that yes I am looking for an attorney to sue. I have actually gone 1 round myself with the Eli Lilly Legal dept. heres there number 317-276-5674. I was told by them they dont get calls that Cymbalta gets people sick and that it helps thousands of people. Well I want to thank this site for what I knew when I went my round with her LOL. I tore her apart. She asked me what I wanted. I basically told her this is a dangerous drug and that its going to kill people and started telling her what I knew. The only answer I got was UM pretty much. They have a claim process but they wont guarantee anything. Basically they wanted my Medical records to see why it wasnt Cymbalta.

I actually contacted Erin Brockovich because Im like it cant hurt. Her staff actually emailed me saying they believed she was looking into it because the firm she worked for did LOTS of pharmaceutical cases. Im trying to get people to email her and tell her your personal story of getting sick on and or going off this drug. I figure the more she hears the better the chances are she will get involved. heres her email erin@brockovich.comor you can email me either. Ive decided Im not going to stop till the drug is off the market. I told Eli Lilly the one thing that they didnt want to hear they got the wrong person sick

I have been reading posts now for 2 days...joined to share my experience and join in the group...sorry if everything I say right now doesn't come out right. I feel like for the pain and suffering I have been going thru seems like someone should pay. Never thought of suing anyone before, but am going for this one. My best friend and I have been experiencing all the adverse side effects while taking Cymbalta and after deciding to stop a bad drug that interferred with daily living and gave no pain relief, hell on earth has got worse. Sending e-mail to you and Erin B....good luck to anyone out there...hold on, get around family and friends when you are dealing with thoughts of suicide...my daughter and my grandsons have kept me alive this long...depression gets worse and worse. Just in first week of withdrawal and hanging on....if anyone needs to talk, please contact me....always have an extra ear and a broad shoulder

#139 Nikki2077

Nikki2077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

I just completed the form on the attorney's website.  I'm so ANGRY that my doctor never told me about the withdrawal symptoms!  Wait til I see her a$$ next Tuesday...I'm so damn mad I may end up suing them!  Don't get me wrong; I'm not a sue kind've person but i'm beginning to go thru withdrawl now.  I've been taken Cymbalta for about 2 yrs at 60mg and was never informed of the problems with withdrawal.  This is comparable to someone trying to detox off of heroine or methadone...I've worked in a hospital years ago and I've seen ppl go thru withdrawl from that and now I'm going thru it.  My 9 yr old is scared to come near me, my husband is probably going to file for divorce b/c I've been such a B. I'm staying in constant prayer because God is the only person that can help me thru this!

#140 deb55

deb55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    after three years on Cymbalta, I decided to stop taking this vile drug cold turkey. I need a support group

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

I just completed the form on the attorney's website.  I'm so ANGRY that my doctor never told me about the withdrawal symptoms!  Wait til I see her a$$ next Tuesday...I'm so damn mad I may end up suing them!  Don't get me wrong; I'm not a sue kind've person but i'm beginning to go thru withdrawl now.  I've been taken Cymbalta for about 2 yrs at 60mg and was never informed of the problems with withdrawal.  This is comparable to someone trying to detox off of heroine or methadone...I've worked in a hospital years ago and I've seen ppl go thru withdrawl from that and now I'm going thru it.  My 9 yr old is scared to come near me, my husband is probably going to file for divorce b/c I've been such a B. I'm staying in constant prayer because God is the only person that can help me thru this!

I understand and know what you are going through.  This withdrawal process is very draining emotional and physically.

#141 lakehilbert

lakehilbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Anyone have any updates on a lawsuit as of today (2/8/13)? I'm so in! I just contacted Erin Brockovich myself. To think that I actually had a bladder sling procedure and an expensive memory test ordered by my psychiatrist! If he doesn't know/tell about these devastating side effects, who will? US! We need to be mighty and present. We need to take strong action now! Enough is enough! I'm so beyond fine! Thanks for any updates!

#142 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

The attorney has called me 3 times and just sent me a huge contract to sign.    Onward. 

#143 deb55

deb55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    after three years on Cymbalta, I decided to stop taking this vile drug cold turkey. I need a support group

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

The attorney has called me 3 times and just sent me a huge contract to sign.    Onward. 

may I ask which attorney?  I have been contacted as well and haven't returned any calls yet.  I wonder if we should use one attorney???

#144 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

The contract I signed gives them 40% of any award.   When it goes to a class action, I will kick into that pool of funds as well.   Yes, we should try to use the same attorney. There is power in numbers. 

#145 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Don't count on Erin Brockovich.  She has known about this and been contacted for YEARS!   My attorney is Pogust, Braslow And Millrood along with Deskin Law Firm.  They are in Conshohocken, PA. and they actually call you and send contracts! 

#146 deb55

deb55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Thanks!  I have already been contacted by teh Deskin Law Firm.  

#147 Richelleio

Richelleio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Hi all,

My name is Richelle, and I have resently been on cymbalta. I'm trying to get myself off it becuse when I dont take it my head feels weird and I feel sick like I have a flu. I havent been on it for almost a year now. It has helpped with the depression, but I am very agitated all the time and i've gone numb with my feelings. I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same feelings or things happen to them. This is day 3 of me stopping the consumtion of the drug.  I wondering if anyone can help me with the side effacts that I'm feeling? I'm trying work, but all I can think about is trying to make my head stop feeling this way..

#148 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Richelleio - Welcome to the site. Did you just stop cold turkey of wean off it slowl? I thnk it is safe to say that all of us on the site know how you feel and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am exactly 21 days off the cymbalta and just recently started to get better from the withdrawal.It just takes time. If I were you I would read a lot of the old posts under 'what are you feeling" and 'weaning off". That will really get you started on the road to setting it right and realizing you are not alone.

#149 mimimia

mimimia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

We need a new thread to address the prospect of a lawsuit against Eli Lilly. I can't read through 5 pages of comments so I've skimmed them. But can't see where anything has actually begun.

#150 CDJ6644

CDJ6644

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hello all, I am new to this forum but in no way new to "Crapaltra" as I have heard it coined. I too decided to stop taking the drug because I am sick of taking some sick F%*K's evil experiment. I am not new to these drugs and have come to the decision that I will be far better just 100% clean from all. I am an average guy who just wants to live my life but feel like this drug is draining that away. I believe I can win but it would be nice to not do it alone. I don't want to be a statistic so another insanely rich group of people can get even richer. The funniest fact of my story is I was put on Cymbalta when It was CLEARLY marked on my medical charts that its sister drug damn near made me a fruit-loop. I want to get off the drug and help others to get this WONDER (why they made it)Drug OFF the market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users