3 replies to this topic

#1 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

This forum has been a great source of support and info for me, but I can no longer stand the spam on here!! Sadly, the Administrator of this forum has abandoned this site to be overrun by spammers. I attempted to contact him many times via email and PM to offer to moderate this site, but my messages were ignored.

If you are looking for a spam-free place with Cymbalta info and withdrawal support, please visit:
CymbaltaSurvivors.com

You will find some of your "old friends" from this forum at the new site!!

Best of luck to all of you in your efforts to survive Cymbalta!!

#2 gemini

gemini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for a year and it did not seem to doing anything for me except making me gain weight and I decided to quit cold turkey about two weeks ago. I would like to share how I am feeling and find out what others are going through as well.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

Hi, you seen to be on the few real people on here so I am hoping that you can answer some questions form. I started taking 20mg of Cymbalta about a year ago and went up to 60mg within about a month or two. I gained almost a hundred pounds during this time and decided to quit cold turkey 10 days ago. I felt fine the first few days except I was very tired however now I just don't feel right. It is difficult for me to describe how I am feeling and I have heard and read so many different experiences that people have had who stopped taking it. I feel like my brain is short circuiting if that makes sense. My responses are not a quick and I have a hard time concentrating. I stutter at times, drop things and just do not feel like myself and forgotten how I used to feel which is why it is hard for be to explain how I am feeling now.

I feel like something bad is about to happen to me physically. I have no thoughts of suicide or hurting myself but I feel like I am going to have a seizure although I have no idea what one feels like when that is about to happen. I also think that some of this is all in my mind.

Please let me know if you have ever taken Cymbalta and if so, I would appreciate if you would share how you felt when you were taking it both mentally and physically and also your experience when you stopped. If you have not taken it then I am not sure if you know about what people can expect when they stop taking this drug and how long it takes to get out of your system.

Any tips about what withdrawal symptoms that I might have would be greatly appreciated.

I just started using this site so I don't have it figured out yet so if you would not mind, I would appreciate if you would email me at marylouevans55@gmail.com ASAP. I am starting to worry that the worst is yet to come and I believe knowledge is power and I am a single mother of a 17 year old and I want to as aware as possible about what I can expect and the best way to deal with it.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.
MaryLou

#3 lorie50

lorie50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    i was on cymbalta as of a few weeks ago. i was only on this for about 2mo but it destroyed my life. i ended up in the hospital with thoughts of suicide, very very combative. i feel like i lost my sobriety due to this drug. i became someone i didn't even know anylonger. also, friends could see a change in my personality while on this. i discontinued taking this med. around oct 12 2009 and i think i'm still going thru some withdrawls from it

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

does anyone on here know the shelf life of this med.???? i was on methadone for pain and took myself off of it and the shelf life is up to 1yr. i couldn't hardly believe that but ohhh it was so true. shelf life means how long it will take for ur body to get back to normal after ending a medication.

#4 DuneAlia

DuneAlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

Delete my account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users