amarie221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off this med :(

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Today marks 2 weeks since I have had my last pill and I FEEL GREAT! My withdrawal symptoms didn't last very long, but they were severe to moderate. I do still have a few brain zaps as I call them but not like I did last week. Also, my appetite is still a bit out of wack. I visited this site often for encouragement for when I was ready to start my withdrawal.

#2 amarie221

amarie221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Today marks 2 weeks since I have had my last pill and I FEEL GREAT! My withdrawal symptoms didn't last very long, but they were severe to moderate. I do still have a few brain zaps as I call them but not like I did last week. Also, my appetite is still a bit out of wack. I visited this site often for encouragement for when I was ready to start my withdrawal.

Also, as a side note.. I was on a low dose of Klonopin. I weaned off of Klonopin 4 months in advance, and I honestly believe that, that was key.

#3 Ridew

Ridew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thank you for sharing your story!

What kind of withdrawals you had and how did you manage them?

Cya! :)

#4 amarie221

amarie221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I had EXTREME restlessness. I didn't sleep for about 4 days straight and had no problem going to work either. I wanted sleep but it would not happen. My tummy was also messed up for about 7 days. I was sooooo hungry but very picky about what I wanted, it was like nothing tasted good or could satisfy me! And when I did eat I felt like vomiting. (never did, but I felt the strong urge to). I had continuous brain zaps, they would be so severe it would stop me in my tracks and make me forget what I was doing. I still get those now, but now it's more like a dull dizziness that quickly passes. I had one emotional outburst and that is it. To manage them, I pretty much let my body do what it was going to do. I kept telling myself to think positive that one day is a step at a time. I stayed away from negativity. I can't believe it has only been 16 days and i'm doing this well. I am so proud of myself. I wish others luck! Oh yeah, drink water water water water water!!

#5 Ridew

Ridew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Thanks Amarie,

I've been having a few brain zaps, specially at noon but they're coming very light, so its not a problem. I'm having a few other symptoms, my stomach hurts sometimes, nausea too, some pain everywhere. I'm scared thinking if I'm having a real physical issue, it makes my anxiety worse.

Again, thank you and sorry for my english.

Best wishes :)

#6 amarie221

amarie221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

You are welcome! I thought of it as this way: All those bad feelings and sicknesses were just my bodies way of telling me that it is working on getting the medication out of my system. It actually helped me get through it.

#7 amarie221

amarie221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

One month free today!!!

#8 Ridew

Ridew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Congrats Amarie, this is good news!

I'm about 20 days free of this drug and feeling ok. I've had about 3 panic attacks since but it happens about a week after I stopped cymbalta, so I believe it was a withdrawal symptom.

Keep updating! :)

#9 amarie221

amarie221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Congrats Amarie, this is good news!

I'm about 20 days free of this drug and feeling ok. I've had about 3 panic attacks since but it happens about a week after I stopped cymbalta, so I believe it was a withdrawal symptom.

Keep updating! :)

Thanks! I am now 10 or 11 weeks pill free, I lost count after I met my goal of 2 months! I had my first harsh panic attack the other night as I was trying to fall asleep. I still keep my VERY low dosage of klonopin nearby, only for severe attacks. I took only a half a pill and took deep breaths and felt better within the hour! I have been experiencing problems with constipation lately, I don't know if it is a side effect from coming off of cymbalta or if my tummy is just acting up. I have irritable bowel syndrome. Oh and absolutely NO more brain zaps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users