• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

WOOHOO fishinghat

I am so happy for you. I know it has been very tough on you and I'm so glad you don't have to worry about that now.

#32 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

Here I set at 4 AM and I have been up all night with severe panic and feaar. It has been so bad I have been screaming and shaking. The doctor says it is unusual but may be linked to my low testosterone. Yesterday my dr tried several different prescription for testosterone replacement therapy but all were denied by insurance (even though they assured us they would go through). So first thing in morning we will start again. I am afraid it is just my old anxiety symptoms coming back to the surface. All of my original withdrawal symptoms are gone except for this fear/panic. I took my first dose of lemon balm last night and it is suppose to make you sleepy and less anxious. Obviously that didn't happen and I wouldn't think it would make my panic/fear worse. I can't go back on the cymbalta even if I want to (which I don't). Thirty hours without sleep and I am setting here scared to death. Man I need help.

#33 EKM5

EKM5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

Hang in there fishinghat, I have been sitting here, wide awake as well this morning. Not a lot of sleep last night, feel withdrawn, don't feel like interacting with anyone except my kids. Can't wait until this is over!

#34 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Well guys and gals here is the way it is. I just can't deal with it anymore . I am going to have to go on something. As you all know I have been having this increasing problem with fear/panic and crying for the last 4 weeks. All the cymbalta withdrawal symptoms (brain zaps, nausea, diarrhea, bloating and emotional swings) are long gone. But this steady fear and panic has gotten to the point where I lay in bed for 12 to 14 hours per day just shaking, moaning and crying. They have added hydroxyzine and lorazapam to my meds but so far it has only helped my sleep but not my daytimes. One thing about it, I won't be going back on an ssri anyway. I want to thank everyone for there support in coming of the cymbalta and I wish everyone success in coming of he cymbalta.

#35 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Sorry to hear that fishinghat, but don't think you shouldn't come back and give me encouragement.

I am on day 18 of tapering and I don't think I would have made it this far without you and GreenMachine.

For that matter I wouldn't have even made it to the tapering without everyone here and this wonderful site.

I have other problems too, but that doesn't mean I can't help someone getting off crapalta.

I expect you to come back often just to see how we are doing and give us advice.

We all need to know that there is life after crapalta and that we can get through all the other curveballs that life throws at us.

#36 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I know how you feel about this site and the people on it, I feel the same way. I will still be hanging around and I will keep you posted on my progress. I would also like to see everybody who is on this crapalta come off it and I will do everything i can to encourge them.

Keep up the good work lady2882Nancy and thanks for the encourgement.

#37 GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

FIshinghat, there's no shame on going back on something...none at all in my opinion.  But, glad to see you won't be going back on Cymbalta.  You helped me throughout the withdrawals so I want to thank you for the support as well.  Hope to continue to see you around!

#38 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

No shame greenmachine but sure a lot of disappointment!

#39 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To find support and information regarding the weaning off Cymbalta. Also to help and support others in similar situations.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

fishinghat you've learnt so much! Like the rest of us on this forum have! Take that knowledge with you and help others as you have and do what is right for you! You can't keep going on like you have and lead a normal life, totally understandable! We all have to live a happy fullfiling life and sometimes need a bit of help doing that, also totally understandable! Don't be disappointed fishinghat! Feel strong and wise that you got off this CRAP called Cymbalta!!! 

Take care fishinghat! :)

#40 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Thanks cymbaltacrap. I don't know what the doc will wind up putting me on but once I get settled down and regain some strenth I will keep working to get medicine free!! Meanwhile you guys will hear from me from time to time. I can't wait for the world to be ssri free. (How is that for a goal from a sick man?) lol

#41 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Crapalta was our only problem. I have found that getting off the crapalta to be one of the hardest drugs ever.

So as I am heading down the last part of tapering, I am wondering what kind of pain I will feel once this crap is out of my system.

After all, I took it to start with to deal with the chronic lower back and nerve pain that was so debilitating.

Somehow I have to find a way to deal with that pain.

Plus now I also have to see a Psychiatrist now to find out if I am Bipolar as well.

So those are my thoughts and feelings this morning Day 19 of bead counting.

#42 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To find support and information regarding the weaning off Cymbalta. Also to help and support others in similar situations.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

ladyNancy2882 could you try a chiropractor for your pain? How many beads are you taking out now?

Hubby and I did a bead count last night. There are 280 in the capsules I have. I'm taking out 85 this morning!! Woo hoo!! On day 25! I was aiming to be off by mid April but it may be a bit longer than that. I don't mind. As long as I go as slow as I can handle without having too many bad withdrawals.

#43 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hey CC

My pills have 280 beads each too, but I started going down by 10 beads a day. I had a few more brain zaps and my eyes are very light sensitive, but after my scare at 60mg I was a little desperate to get off. So I am at day 20 and going down the home stretch. I am definitely starting to feel more like myself, including the return of the pain in my right knee, lower back and neck which is due to Osteoarthritis with the bonus of fractures in 2 vertabrae in back.

Funny but that pain doesn't seem so bad after the all over pain I had when I went from 60 to 30mg of Crapalta.

My doctor has put me on OTC Advil for pain now as after my horrid depression/suicide episodes with Crapalta he is afraid to try anything right now. LOL

My MRI says that it is safe for me to try physical therapy and chiropractor now so I just have to convince doctor to refer me. In the meantime I am walking on my treadmill more and that helps.

Take care of you

Nancy

#44 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

I continue to work out problems with my testosterone and constant panic/fear attacks. Tonight I had a bad one. 6 hours of  panic and fear, ROLLOING ON THE GROUND, HYPERVENTILATRION AND SCREAMING AND KIKING. I went to the ER and thAt dr totd me to calm dow . At the time I was hyperventilation and shaking real bad. I was having trouble getting up on the table so I asked for some help up. The Dr. Said for me to get up off my ass and set on the table. Well I broke out in an explanation that maybe he would like to push the isse. I didnot care for his attitude and he could shove it. We had a breif discussion on what type of work effect I expected from him and we soon became good frind!! If you know what I meaan. He just symply doesn;t beleife in anxiety. He does know!!!

#45 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

fishinghat that's awful!!! OMG! Do you have any family/friends support?? Is there any sort of support group where you can go (as well as here), but somewhere where you can actually go to and speak to others that understand?

lady2882Nancy that's wonderful that you're making progress! Good on you! Yes I really think that this poison can cause people more problems than what they first had!! We're going away camping tomorrow for the Easter long weekend, can't wait! Not that you would go away and stay in a tent with your weather! lol

#46 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Not really CC. My support group is my wife and you guys. I had to go to the ER last night again and get 4 mg of ativan to settle me down. Ithink I have got the attention of my drs. They ran a complete panel of tests to see if anything else is going on. They found nothing. I keep preaching that it is my low testosterone but they say it can't cause anxiety. I started on my T patches a week ago and started getting better the next day. But I developed a problem. The muscles next to my patchs started swelling and getting sore. So I stopped using the patches.Within 18 hours of coming of the patches I developed severe panic/fear (as indicated above).

One thing that cam out of my visit to the ER was a routine chest x-ray which shows a pulmonary noddle. They run 40 to 60 percent malignant with an average of a 5 year survival.

Just too much to handle guys. I see the dr tomorrow about the noddle.

#47 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Well, last night the ER dr did  a chest x-ray and it showed a very potentially deadly growth called a pulmonary nodule. He said for me to see my dr immediately. I saw my dr. this morning. I asked about the pulmonary nodule. MY endocrinoligist promptly informed me there was NO pulmonary nodule!!!! What???? The x-ray wasn't even read before I left the hospital!!! It had been read this morning and showed a paratracheal lymphadenopathy.. Tyipically a infected lymph gland..I ask how such a diagnosis could have been made and the result was that the ER doctot took it on himself to make that decision. That is just what I needed while suffering from anxiety, panic attacks and this constant fear!! I hope this %&()$#  comes dow with a case of 938e6t614 and his *&%$ drops off!!!!

I have been working the last few days to get my psycholigist, endocrinoligist and an old ER nurse together to discuss my low testosterone. Well they meet last night and got on the same page. The ER nurse explained that MANY low t patients frequently go the the ER for an ativan shot to offset the severe fear/anxiety they are felling when their testosterone drops too low. My psycholigist stated that the low T caused by cymbalya should normally returns to elevated levels within a few months of stopping the cymbalta. By putting me on the patch at this time would interfer with natural production. My position was  'we need to increase testosterone production naturally before we use the patches'. SO I will begin matural methods to increase testosterone prodcution (zinc, vit C, etc) and my testosterone levels will be monitored every 6 to 8 weeks. Man I am tired!!

#48 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

This is wonderful news fishinghat. I am so very happy this has gotten straightened out for you.

And a proper answer to the fear/anxiety issue too, that is so wonderful and such a relief to hear.

So now you are really on the mend and cymbalta free.

I am sure it was a huge relief for both you and your wife.

I'm so happy for you I want to dance.

Take care of each other

Nancy

#49 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

It is god new Nancy!! It is possible that the paratracheal lymphadenopathy may be something serious but it is typically not. And yes I am very optimistic about getting rid on this constant fear/panic with the testosteone treatment. I finally made these guys listen to me. It is the testosterone dummies!!!

PS I am glad you are dancing for me Nancy because yuo sure wouldn't like to see me dance!!! lol

#50 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

haha! I love your sense of humour fishinghat!! Even when things are uummm... well kind of ok.... So happy that things are working out and you're getting some answers!!

#51 johanna7272

johanna7272

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Support group to get off Cymbalta.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hi everyone!

I have been away getting edumacated :lol: .  I have continued tapering and I am doing great!  Almost done with one of the 30mg tapers...so I take two 30mgs and one capsule that I added beads to.  I am also down to .25 mg of clonazapam.  Only real problem I have is ITCHING!!!  Random places, like the top of my right foot, the side of my left calf...very intense at times.  I take 50mg of benadryl at night with good relief.  My memory is getting better!  YEAH!  Sounds like there have been ups and downs...fishinghat, I hope you are able to figure out what to do so you do not feel so bad...communication with your doctor is key so you don't end up in the ER with doc's who don't know you or your situation.  I am glad to hear that the lungs are not as bad as you first thought...sucks that doc's randomly toss out diagnosis.  My mother was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension which ended up being false.  She was so anxious about it!  

Anyways, just checking in...I am starting a new career so need to focus on that but will continue to check in.  It has been very helpful.

My thoughts and prayers with all!

Johanna

#52 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Johanna. My endocrinoligist is now in charge of the lumg issue (thank GOD!!) that ER dr was a jerk.

It is good to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work.

#53 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

PS - I get my ct scan tomorrow and results in a week. Ct Scans are only 85% accurate in there determination so I will probably get it removed. Time will tell.

#54 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Good stuff for both of you.

fishinghat - at least if you have it removed no matter what it is, then you won't have to worry about it.

Glad to see you can have that looked at right away.

#55 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

The more I know about medical people the more I like fish. If you remember my earlier post of March 27th the ER Dr. said I had a pulmonary nodule show on my x-ray. When I saw my endocrinologist the next day he had a copy of the x-ray. The x-ray did not mention a pulmonary nodule but a paratracheal lymphadenopathy. My x-ray was not even read until the morning of the 28th so how in the heck did the ER doctor think there was  a pulmonary nodule on the 27th?I  tell you how...he read it himself. Now at 7 AM this morning I had a contrast ct scan to verify the reported paratracheal lymphadenopathy on my x-ray. MY endocrinologist new I was real worried about this so he went and got the results during his lunch hour (Now that is a doctor). My ct scan was perfectly normal. My endocrinologist talked to the radiologist who read the ct scan and the radiologist said that after reviewing the original x-ray there wasn't any abnormality on it at all!!!!

DOCTORS CAN BE $%#*)%@!!   Really

#56 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

You are right about doctors fishinghat. Getting harder all the time to find a good one.

At least the results are super fantastic fishinghat.

I would do a dance for you and offer to hold the doctors so you could give the ones that need it a slap, but I absolutely cannot move fast at all today, not even my eyes lol.

#57 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yea those eye movements can be tough!! But they do straighten out!! As far as the dancing....well soon enough you will be over the crapalta and you will once again be able to cut a rug!!! (That really dates me.) lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users