Photo

I Am A Puffer Fish.is This A Normal Withdrawal? God I Hope So...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Storm

Storm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

I have been on Cymbalta for three years. It is time for me to get off this drug.

My doctor put me on 30 mg so I could slowly decrease for a month. My withdrawals have been horrible, basically the same symtoms as many others on this forum. I am now taking half of 30mg and taking this every two or three days.

I am so puffy, my whole body especially my tummy and boobs have gotten big. I am really fit, infact I would call myself a gym junkie. I go to the gym 5 days a week doing weights and cardio. I eat very healthy nutrutious meals (6 small meals) High in anything that grows I eat plenty of protien and very low carbs. I would really love to hear from anybody who has had similiar withdrawals. If not I would have to take my puffy body to my doctor and get my hormonal levels checked. I have heard Cybalta is damaging to the liver is this true?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Welcome to the site Storm. Not only damaging to the liver but also disrupting to the old testosterone. It commonly causes testosterone to drop, estrogen to raise as well as prolactin. I am fighting that right now myself. I haven't seen any swelling (except around my belly..lol).

#3 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Storm

Oh man can I relate to the puff ball thing.

For me it started with my ankles and legs, now knees too. The belly bloat etc is very annoying. Not to bad in the morning as my body likes to deal with excess fluids in me by giving me diarhea. But by evening yuck. 

First quite torturing yourself with 15mg every couple of days.

I can only assume that you are removing 1/2 the beads in the capsules and taking it that way (I hope that is right - if not let me know)

Do the bead counting thing. It makes the withdrawals much milder.

Take the 15mg every day until your symptoms calm down. If they don't get milder you may need to go up a bit. Hopefully not.

Once you get stable again then start the bead counting. It works like this:

Day 1 - remove 5 to 10 extra beads from capsule
Day 2 - remove the same number of beads as day 1 plus 5 or 10 more so 10 to 20 beads removed
Day 3 - remove the same number of beads as day 2 plus 5 or 10 more so 15 to 30 beads removed
Day 4 - remove the same number of beads as day 3 plus 5 or 10 more so 20 to 40 beads removed

continue this way until you are off. If you have a flare up of symptoms then stay at the same dose for a few days until things settle again.

It is so much easier on the system.

I am down to about 17mg as of today and the worst things are a headache and being a little jittery and I take care of the jitters every evening with a cup of lemon balm tea so I calm down and sleep.

If you have the buzzy feeling too then get some flax oil or ground flax. It really helps the head.

If you need anything or just need to vent, I usually check the site several times a day so will get back to you.

#4 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To find support and information regarding the weaning off Cymbalta. Also to help and support others in similar situations.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hi Storm.

Yes as lady2882Nancy said go slow on the weaning if you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms! It really does make a difference! :) It is a very slow process but I'm sure will be worth it in the end! I mean, I KNOW it will be worth it in the end, it's just a nicer way of trying to get off this horrid drug! We're all here for the same reasons and here to support each other. Good luck!

#5 buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm in the throes of withdrawal (even though I did my best to bead count). I'm here for help and support, and would love to offer support and encouragement who are going through the same....

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

OMG!!! I'm stuggling with bloating as well. It's terrible, and I opened my 60mg capsules and counted out the little beads as well. I started this whole process in January....I got down to 15mg, and stopped taking any cymbalta 13 days ago. The brain zaps and tinnitus are pretty bad, l but now I am even more resolute about getting through this.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the bloating? I can't get my rings off, button my pants, and my shoes are tight. I'm an athletic person as well. I have a good diet and exercise regularly. I don't have a problem with going out and doing an 8-mile-run on a Saturday.  I do have a little extra body fat right now (cuz I'm 45 and post-menopausal) but I am basically in decent shape. I've run 4 marathons and a slew of half-marathons. I am accustomed to experiencing some pain and discomfort in order to reach a goal, but the bloating has really been getting me down. 

I am new to this discussion forum, and would greatly appreciate any suggestions for lessening that nasty bloated feeling.

Thanks & and I am happy to have found you all....

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Execise might help. Definitely stay away from salt. Not only will that increase the bloating but salt may increase your anxiety symptoms during withdrawal if you are subject to anxiety.The doctors always recommend drinking more water to stimulate kidney flow. I have never tried this but...who knows.

#7 buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm in the throes of withdrawal (even though I did my best to bead count). I'm here for help and support, and would love to offer support and encouragement who are going through the same....

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Thank you, FishingHat...will do...

#8 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Good news people. I found an easy way to get rid of that bloat and edema.

Better yet it is in most people's spice rack or the spice rack at a grocery store as seeds or ground.

Fennel seeds, they are most effective if they are ground but even a tea made with the whole seeds and allowed to steep for 15 minutes or so will bring relief. A cheap $10 coffee grinder will grind all kinds of seeds quickly and easily, just remember to keep ground products refrigerated as they quickly lose strength once ground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users