God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Has anyone watched the videos on youtubedotcom about  crapalta (TM me lol). I just watched one called "Depression Hurts, Cymbalta Hurts More! " I had to keep pausing it to read all the lyrics as the drug has slowed my brain but it was so bang on and there are alot more of them.

I found that they really helped validate some of the feelings that I have that I haven't been able to share fully on this site or anywhere else either.

I have some things going on with me that until that first video I didn't realize were even part of getting off the Crapalta. Sure made me more aware of what is going on in my body and head.

I'm tapering or bead counting as we call it here, but wondering just how long crapalta is going to effect my life.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I have to check out the videos L2N. I never thought about you tube. What dose are you at now? I know you have a ways to go so just be patient. I reeaally know that it feels like it will last forever but it won't. Just think of all the things you can enjoy after this is over!!

#3 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To find support and information regarding the weaning off Cymbalta. Also to help and support others in similar situations.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

Oh wow! I'm going to have a search on youtube now!!

#4 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To find support and information regarding the weaning off Cymbalta. Also to help and support others in similar situations.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

I just watched a few videos on youtube. This is really scary!!

#5 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Makes you really rethink anything nice you might have sad about Crapalta doesn't it

#6 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

yes it does!! I have been doing a lot of thinking especially over the last couple of days. Trying to think back 2.5 years before I started taking this poison. I get very tired now during the day and from what I can remember it has only been happening like this since being on Cymbalta. It will be interesting to see how many things change once I'm off this horrid drug! 

#7 SusanMoore

SusanMoore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

I am so very glad I found you all, thought I was alone.  Been taking 90mg for so long now I cant even remember.  I am 62 years old and it has aged me beyond recognition.  I am always so tired and have not been able to put two good thoughts together for a while.

YEARS ago tried to get off, and discovered the Dr. that prescribed it was told that there was no " withdrawal protocol " for this drug. I need to try again and this forum has already been so very helpful..

#8 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Welcome Susan - no you are not alone we are all in the same boat so to speak here.

The drug company that makes Crapalta (our name for it) still has no withdrawal protocol and so here  we have developed our own based on all the experience of who knows how many members.

If you have questions, just ask and someone will answer.

There is so much information on this site that it takes weeks to read it all.

Again Welcome and we can help

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Welcome SusanMoore! You can do it girl!! Let us know if we can help.

#10 FibroGal

FibroGal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDC Metro
  • why_joining:
    Support

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Oh man...I never thought about the youtube thing. I'm going to go check it out. I think you are right, Nancy...there are, I'm sure, so many related symptoms that we don't even know are from this...but just that something isn't quite right. SMH

#11 FibroGal

FibroGal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDC Metro
  • why_joining:
    Support

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

I am so very glad I found you all, thought I was alone.  Been taking 90mg for so long now I cant even remember.  I am 62 years old and it has aged me beyond recognition.  I am always so tired and have not been able to put two good thoughts together for a while.
YEARS ago tried to get off, and discovered the Dr. that prescribed it was told that there was no " withdrawal protocol " for this drug. I need to try again and this forum has already been so very helpful..

WELCOME Susan!!! You have reached the right level of this "Crapalta" -as Nancy has coined- game where you are now entering the chamber of secrets that the docs or drug company don't want you to know...how to safely get this drug out of your body! Lol...okay, I'm being overly dramatic and silly...I blame the drug...hahaha...but it feels like we are a part of a secret society here. I think many people have said that same thing...I did...that I'm so happy I stumbled across this site. We are being our own doc, taking control of our body, and letting the bullcrap feed the flowers in the garden instead of our bloodstream, brains and gut!

Please continue to read and post here...everyone is SO very helpful, and you will start taking control over your life again!

#12 cymbaltafighter

cymbaltafighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hello,

First off I'am not trying to sell anything please understand this.

I want to say I really know what you are going through.
I was on Cymbalta for 2 yrs..when I first went on it took me out of the depression I had..but about 1 yrs latter it was not working..i was tired all the time like chronic tired, never felt rested no matter how much I slept. If I was 2 hours late taking my does 60 mg I would get the brain zaps in fact it was like a alarm clock to take my dose..I thought wow  if this symytom comes on like this, what the Hell is it doing to my brain.
I was taking everything to fight the chronic tiredness.
A friend told me about bach flower remedys so I bought 3 differ ones hornbean olive and rescue remedy, after the first two days I realized omygosh ..my brain zaps to remind me to take my dose of Cymbalta was not there and had not taken Cymbalta in 2 days,,so I never went back on  it, I was also doing relaxing meditation at night,,I never got any with drawal symtoms. so I don't know if this work for everybody but It did for me..please google bach flower remedys for your self and read about them there are 38 flower remedys that do different things. they are very inexpensive.

Also again not trying to sell anything only wanting to help people who are suffering because of this horrid medication try to come off it.

Before I went on the flower medications, I was visiting a sight called oranum.com and going to a wonderfull woman from austral

her screenname is Radhagoddess her name is rosa she is very well qualified  as a practisioner her free chat is wonderfull she teaches many things all for free. she know a lot about depression and medications please give her a visit: here is some of her qualifications

I also have qualifications in Counselling under mental health and a practioner in EFT ( Emotional freedom technique ) and Matrix Reimprinting. Feel free to ask me more regarding the wonderful healing techniques involved in these therapies. I am able to show demonstrations in free chat if you are interested in learning.
I also work closely with holistic therapies, which can be incorporated with western medicine. I have a great knowledge in Australian bush flower remedies and Bach remedies

My Screename there is porterblue1 say hello if you visit.

may god be with you during this horrid time .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users