• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

It's day 2 and I'm experiencing nausea, diarrhea and fuzziness. I'm scared. Please some insight would be greatly appreciated!

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hi Scaredbutstrongmom

Welcome to the site

Yes you are experiencing withdrawals (or to be more medically correct discontinuation side effects)

What dose were you on before stopping?

The side effects can be very bad when stopping from a high dose. A slow reduction needs to happen to prevent major side effects.

There are many ways to taper off and no one is right or wrong it is a personal choice, but now even Eli Lilly suggests tapering off.

Omega 3, a good multi vitamin/mineral supplement and L-theanine (suntheanine) are the first supplements I suggest.

Let us know if you have any questions, we will all answer as best we can

Take care of you

Nancy - 33 days off

#3 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

I was on 60 mg and I feel like crap right now

#4 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Get those supplements I listed above and something for nausea asap.

You may need someone to help with your child/children for a bit.

#5 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Ok will do. I cannot move at the moment, but my fiancé is on his way home now.

#6 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

And make sure you talk to the pharmacist about those asthma meds and the benadryl

#7 Jones

Jones

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

When I tried cold turkey from 60mgs I ended up at er, twice. Too brutal. I cut from 60 to 30 cold then found this website and started the bead counting. I am off totally now 7 days. Not a picnic but doable . Good luck to you.

#8 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hang in there Jones

I know its tough but you can do it.

#9 Jones

Jones

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

I'm hanging thanks for caring

#10 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Little by little you will feel better each day. And it is so worth it when the head clears.

Take care of you

#11 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

End of day 3... Woke up feeling good. 36 minutes later I was feeling like I just got off the fastest zipper ever! Dizzy, sweating, shaking, exhausted! By the end of today I am still dizzy but I going that if I can move slower and focus on a specific point that I feel a bit more together.

#12 JustWannaBeHappy

JustWannaBeHappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

Hi Scaredbutstrongmom,

I am on day 5 of withdrawing from 60mg Cymbalta. On day 2 I had the worst nausea/vomiting/diarrhea... now I am feeling a little foggy but much better than day 2. 

Get up slowly. Don't turn your head too quickly (you may fall over or get extreme dizziness). Drink a lot of water before getting up and anytime you can. The last few days I have been drinking a litre of water every 1-2 hours. 

I have been sweating and exhausted too (rest as much as you can).

Don't move too fast. It helps. Also, as Nancy said, you may need someone to help with the kids for a while and definitely grab those supplements. They are essential!

The less stress you put on your liver (i.e. eating healthy foods, small meals) the better it will be able to deal with ridding your body of the Crapalta in your system! 

You and I are in the same quick withdrawal phase. We can do it!

One day at a time. You're not alone. 

#13 JustWannaBeHappy

JustWannaBeHappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

When I tried cold turkey from 60mgs I ended up at er, twice. Too brutal. I cut from 60 to 30 cold then found this website and started the bead counting. I am off totally now 7 days. Not a picnic but doable . Good luck to you.

What did you end up in the ER for Jones? Profuse vomiting and diarrhea? Dehydration from it? It is definitely painful :( 

Well done for being at 7 days!!

#14 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Thank you woke up this morning feeling all dried up and shakey. My fiancé is home with me, today and I don't know if I'm going to make it to work today.

#15 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Drink lots of water and get those supplements into you.

You may miss a few days of work and that is not unusual at all.

Hang in there I know it's rough but it is worth it.

#16 JustWannaBeHappy

JustWannaBeHappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Thank you woke up this morning feeling all dried up and shakey. My fiancé is home with me, today and I don't know if I'm going to make it to work today.

Exactly what Nancy said! Lots of water and try and eat bits of banana if you can (it has a lot of serotonin and potassium in it) which will help since your brain is pretty much in shock from not having the usual amounts of serotonin its used to when you were on Crapalta. Also its nutritious and will give you some energy to help with the fatigue and any loss of appetite/nausea if you have any.  :) Take it day by day... every day there is something that changes and you will have a moment where you may feel better than you did the day before and that will keep you going. You can make it! 

#17 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:
    to share my experience and to ask for help

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

bananas are great little powerhouses when you feel weak! ditto baked beans, I swear by them

#18 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ok I need a little pep talk I think. My whole body is buzzing and zapping. I'm freaking out and thinking I should go to er

#19 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

I know it is scary feeling but just about everyone goes through what you are feeling right now. If you can still think then you are doing ok. You probably will be told to go back on the Crapalta at the ER, but you are at day 5 or 6 now so you can make it now if you tough it out.

Hang in there it will get better.

Did you get the omega 3?

You need to be taking 3000mg - 4000mg a day at this point to lessen the buzzing and zapping.

You can do it, hang in there

Take care of you

#20 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

I'm not going back on it dammit!!!!! I put my baby in her crib, my 4 year old is passed out on the little couch and my friend is coming over. I want to sleep

#21 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Good for you Scaredbutstrongmom.

Hang in there and get some rest. You can do it. You can beat Crapalta!!!

#22 JustWannaBeHappy

JustWannaBeHappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Scaredbutstrongmom,

I'm on Day 7!! So much less nausea... I don't have brainzaps except towards the evening when I am getting really tired. Have been able to function at work pretty well today luckily. Currently drinking carrot + orange + ginger juice to help with the slight nausea that I also get when I start getting tired. 

Am getting Vit C from the orange juice and Vit A from the carrots. Just took my multivitamin, a vitamin B complex and 2000mg of fish oil (my 2nd dose of the day). 

I hope everyone else is feeling slightly better than the day before. Any small improvement is already a huge feat and kudos to you for sticking to your guns!! Rest well!! 

- Day 7 off Cymbalta 60mg cold turkey (after nearly 3 years).

#23 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Way to go JustWannaBeHappy

You obviously know what you are doing.

Thanks for all the tips as I have been just trying things and seeing what made me feel better.

Take care of you

#24 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Just got my baby down for am nap and started crying in bathroom floor for no reason. I'm dizzy can't drive and I want my mom

#25 JustWannaBeHappy

JustWannaBeHappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

do you have some peppermint tea? lay back on the couch or bed and just take a few deep breaths... move slowly. don't attempt to drive while you're feeling this way. crying isn't necessarily a bad thing. your body is just overwhelmed at the moment and your brain's neurotransmitters are going nuts. it will tire out soon enough and you will start to feel a tad less busy. just rest.... 

are you able to reach your mom just to talk? sharing how you feel and hearing her voice may ground you a little. can you call a friend maybe? (having someone distract me while I was feeling like I was completely broken helped... so maybe it might help you too? just a suggestion)

or even if you just want to vent your frustrations on here you will get plenty of support  :)

#26 JustWannaBeHappy

JustWannaBeHappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

sorry it posted double earlier >.<

#27 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Scaredbutstrongmom

I know how you feel and I'm 51 but there I sat from day 6 or 7 to about day 10 or 11 crying of and on and each time wishing my mom was with me. I'm not sure what she could have done but I know it would have made me feel better.

This emotional ride is tough but this is where the L-theanine (suntheanine) helps with the moods. It is used to product GABA which is a feel good neurotransmitter.  I highly recommend it.

It will get better and the crying for unknown reasons does stop so hang in there. It will get better very soon.

We are here for you

#28 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

My fiancé is dropping off my baby's carseat to my mom and she is picking us up. I'm not going to work for the rest of my week. Too emotional and exhausted. Plus every time I turn my head I fall over:-/ crying cuz of your support. It's hilarious!

#29 JustWannaBeHappy

JustWannaBeHappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

My fiancé is dropping off my baby's carseat to my mom and she is picking us up. I'm not going to work for the rest of my week. Too emotional and exhausted. Plus every time I turn my head I fall over:-/ crying cuz of your support. It's hilarious!

not sure if its appropriate in this case to say "happy to help" or not... since its making you cry :wacko: way to confuse my already confused mind!  :blink:

ps: turn your head slowly... or actually, maybe try turning your whole body instead of spinning your head because from what I've been reading in people's posts the 12 cranial nerves (that stem from our brain) are very much affected by this withdrawal (i.e. tinnitus, dizziness, weird vision/hearing etc). i have yet to find out what specific ingredient in cymbalta does this. 

drink water! rest! hug your baby! hug your mom! hug your fiancé! (and in between those homework tasks, have a banana or two and your supplements)!

the endorphins will tell your brain to suck it, that you can actually produce hormones to make yourself happy and you don't need cymbalta!! 

laugh and cry! you will feel better  :)

#30 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Scaredbutstrongmom

I am so glad your Mom can help you out. It will make it much easier on you I'm sure.

Please make sure that your Mom knows what to expect with all the side effects so that she can be prepared to deal with all the mood swings that you are going to be going through. If anyone can deal with them I'm sure a mom can.

Take care of you and keep in touch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users