• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

JustWannaBeHappy

We were posting at the same time lol

I guess we both are natural caregivers :)

Take care of you

#32 Scaredbutstrongmom

Scaredbutstrongmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Day...well....morning 7, woke up groggy but hell yeah I'm starting to feel better! Took a shower which I haven't done since Tuesday and shaved my legs! Lol!!! Thank you for the amazing support! Going to see iron man 3 with my fiancé, picking up my baby from mom, and tomorrow going to spend cinco de mayo with my parents and make some Mexican food and swim! Been drinking a ton of water and I think I'll get back to my workout routine on Monday. My job has been super supportive as well.

Oh yes, the mood swings are horrid! I cussed a lady out in the highway for cutting my mom off with my baby in the car! My mom even flipped her off! Is it contagious?! Lol

#33 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

You sound much better today. 2 thumbs up for that.

Just be aware that the moodiness and feeling bad will come back at some point in the day. It seems that as you get tired the side effects come back so don't overdo it. Getting back to your workout routine is an excellent idea. It really helps to balance the moods.

I hope you realize how lucky you are to have such a supportive family and employer.

Take care

#34 Tinydancer047

Tinydancer047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

I quit cold turkey, and now that it's been almost two months, I wouldn't change a thing!! It was truly the most difficult thing that I have done in my life. I took 60mg twice a day for almost 4 years, so I truly understand what you're going through! I felt horrible for the first 6 weeks, but it was all down hill from there. The first three weeks were THE WORST! Physically, emotionally, and mentally I was a wreck. It felt like it would never get better, but it truly does!
I warned my family and friends that I was going to stop taking CRAPBALTA, and let them know what to expect (things I learned from this site), didn't drive, and took time off from work. It worked out for the best, because I don't remember when I've felt as good as I do right now. The only thing that I still experience is hot flashes and night sweats. However, I'm post-menopausal, and can't truly blame withdrawal from CRAPBALTA for those discomforts. I didn't have either while I was taking CRAPBALTA, but have to go through them now. I'd rather deal with that than be on CRAPBALTA for any reason.
Keep up the strong desire to not be on CRAPBALTA, and see a doctor if you must. Take supplements that I've read in past posts, and you'll be fine!!

GOOD LUCK!!

#35 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I am at day 11 of quiting 60mg cold turkey. Wow this has been one of the hardest things I've ever did. I am still having the brain zaps grrr! I'm taking the fish oil 3 times a day and they are better than week 1 but how long do they last?

#36 JustWannaBeHappy

JustWannaBeHappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

im at day 11 too. im exhausted but no brain zaps or other physical symptoms anymore!! so grateful. are you drinking enough water crazychic? i drink like 1-2L every 2 hours... constantly running to the bathroom! hahah.. but i find the brain zaps only come around when im really tired or havent had sufficient fluids.

#37 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

I may need to drink more water, I feel better thank god! That was horrible. So glad that you are feeling better :) I also have eplipsy and that may be some of the zaps. I was put on Cymbalta by my general doctor the same time I was told I had eplipsy, I had a terrible car wreck which brought on the eplipsy. Go figure you are not supposed to take cymbalta with eplipsy!! I had been on it for 2 years and although I felt horrible I assumed that it was just the way my life would be after the wreck. I missed a day of Cymbalta and the zaps which I had on and off for 2 years were horrible. That's when I finally realized it was the cymbalta. My doctor told me that quitting cymbalta would be easy!!! Why are they so in the dark when it comes to this crap!

#38 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

JustWannaBeHappy -

I didn't realize how important it is to drink lots of water. Sure glad you came on the site. Good to hear that you are doing well.

Crazychic

Not supposed to go on this drug if you are bipolar either. Now my doctor wants me to have an evaluation after the terrible things that happened while I was on the drug. A little on the late side doc.

Glad you are feeling better.

Take care

#39 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Thanks Lady2882Nancy, I felt ok today. I have a headache this evening and I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. I bought some melatonin today so hopefully that will help. I still have the dreaded brain zaps ): Its day 12 and I have to go back to work tomorrow I just want this to be over.

#40 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

I hope you get some sleep tonight and don't forget to drink as much water as you can.

All the best at work tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. 

You can do it and as Linda says just breathe. It really does help when you concentrate on slowly breathing if things get rough.

Take care of you

#41 Kittencat

Kittencat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Is it me or our there more and more newbie's? So sad.

#42 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

We have had alot of new people wanting to get off Crapalta. Sad that they were given Crapalta but good that this site is here to help them get off.
I did post on a cymbalta Facebook page that I got help getting off it on this site but we have alot of google and bing searches that lead them here too.

#43 jlowe01

jlowe01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • why_joining:
    I need help getting off this drug!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Wanting to post Anyone see this

#44 jlowe01

jlowe01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • why_joining:
    I need help getting off this drug!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Finally!,

ive been trying to post all day. Dont know whats wrong with this computer. Finally off crapalta! I do not recommend abruptly stopping the drug. The half life is to short. Makes you very ill. Research indicates that stopping a SSRI or SNRI is dangerous and could cause a relapse of worse depression or anxiety. I have been doing the bead count since April 1,2013 Took my last 5 beads 5/6/2013. Feel strange. Dizzy and anxious as well as Hiper. I have had side effects all along. not as severe as when I tried to stop cold turkey. Discontinuation syndrome is what its called. Its is normal withdrawal symptoms if they are shor lived and subside when taking the drug again. Research indicates that if people wean slowly they are less likely to have recurrent depression or anxiety. Hoping thats true.Was on crapalta for 3 years.. Hoping that now that Im off completely I wont get deathly ill. Anybody do the bead count? How was it after you completley stopped?

#45 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Congratulations jlowe

You may have a few days of discomfort but it shouldn't last long

You definitely did it the smart way.

Just make sure that you drink lots of water for the next few days to flush out what is left in your system.

Let us know how things go.

Take care of you

#46 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information on this site. I have been off cymbalta for 13 days today!!! Without this site I would have gone crazy by now. I want to wish everyone luck with getting off this poison. I'll keep posting to let everyone know how each day is going. Today I went back to work, by all means I am not 100% maybe 50% I have had several brain zaps and I have had a headache. If I can sleep through the night tonight that will be a blessing.

#47 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Way to go Crazychic Must have been tough but you did it. Good for you Is it just me or is everyone having problems posting today?

#48 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Lady Nancy you are amazing! You answer to everyone who post. Thank you (:

#49 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:
    to share my experience and to ask for help

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information on this site. I have been off cymbalta for 13 days today!!! Without this site I would have gone crazy by now. I want to wish everyone luck with getting off this poison. I'll keep posting to let everyone know how each day is going. Today I went back to work, by all means I am not 100% maybe 50% I have had several brain zaps and I have had a headache. If I can sleep through the night tonight that will be a blessing.

well done and congratulations on getting so far! and for going back to work, no easy feat so that's brilliant

#50 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Thanks Chimera(:
Today is day 14, 2 weeks!!! I was very tired all day, still have some brain zaps and a headache, not to bad of a day. Getting further from the poison and closer to being myself again. Hope everyone is pushing along! It's a hard battle but we can do it!

#51 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Good for you Crazychic each day will get a little better.

Hope you are sleeping better? It makes such a difference when you can sleep.

Take care

#52 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thanks LadyNancy, I can only sleep a couple of hours at a time. But hey it could be worse which we know from experience! Hope your feeling well (:

#53 Kittencat

Kittencat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

I have the sleep issue too. It's strange to be off it for over a month, and still this sleep thing. Ugh.

#54 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

I think this drug interferes with the natural production of melatonin so that is why we don't sleep. Going with short or interrupted sleep can lead to chronic insomnia which is why i recommend that anyone with extended periods of insomnia to find something to help them sleep.

If you spend too many nights in a row with only short periods of sleep then the pattern is establish and you will get so that you will no longer sleep longer. It is like the system gets so used to sleeping for only saw 2 hours then that is all that you can sleep.

When our sleep patterns are interrupted for too long of time at a set number of hours then the brain resets it self and that becomes the permanent sleep pattern. At one point in my life the most sleep I could get was 2 1/2 hours in a 24 hour period. That plays havoc with your health which is why I tell everyone to get something for sleep as you don't want the insomnia from stopping Crapalta to become chronic and long term.

Good night and sleep well

#55 Kittencat

Kittencat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Thanks. Seems that is the case. It only takes 21 days for the body to accept a new habit. Anyway, I don't want to ask my doctor for ANYTHING ever again. So, I'm doing Sleepytime tea, Xanax and Benedryl. How long will this go on I wonder?

#56 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Thanks. Seems that is the case. It only takes 21 days for the body to accept a new habit. Anyway, I don't want to ask my doctor for ANYTHING ever again. So, I'm doing Sleepytime tea, Xanax and Benedryl. How long will this go on I wonder?

#57 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Girl I wish it was over! I'm exhausted! Hope you get some rest. We can do this! Best wishes to you (:

#58 Kittencat

Kittencat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

Thanks!!!

#59 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Day 16 I have had an ok day, I'm still having brain zaps, still have a headache and I'm tired. Not sure how long this will last but I will never go on another SSRI. I'm just going day by day, I have faith that the end is near. Hope everyone is feeling better.

#60 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

You are approaching hte end line girl!! You should start having some better and better days soon. Hang in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users