• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kanodm

kanodm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi I really need some help.  I started weaning my.self off Cymbalta over a month ago.  I went very slowly.  I was on 120mg daily.  I don't know how long I have been on it exactly but at least four years. I was in the psych hospital for two weeks while on it, had to quit my job due to fatigue, poor cognition and severe memory problems and took electroconvulsive therapy since I was ready to commit suicide.  None of my doctors ever suggested I discontinue the Cymbalta.  I started researching and found even my severe heart palpitations could have been caused by Cymbalta. I was on the table to have a cardiac ablation but the palpitations stopped so they did not do it. Last week was my first week totally off it. I am now having panic attacks, severe nausea, dizziness, extreme irritability, diarhea, severe headache, and severe muscle and joint pain.  I am leaving for vacation tomorrow to visit with family in Texas. Traveling from Michigan and we are driving.  What a nightmare!!!  Any advise please?

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hello kanodm

That is terrible that you are suffering so much especially while traveling.

Here is the essentials that we have found help with the side effects.

First is drink lots and lots of water - you need to stay well hydrated

Essential Supplements

Omega 3 - 2000mg twice a day

Vitamin B complex, Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc OR a high potency or prenatal vitamin/mineral supplement

L-theanine (suntheanine) 200mg up to 3 times a day with water on an empty stomach - good for the headache

Get yourself something for the nausea and dizziness and you may need some benadryl as often we get the itchies when stopping and it helps.

Fruits and veggies are important to help the liver to function at its best to rid the body of these toxins.

Fruits - bananas, oranges, pineapple

Veggies - asparagus, broccoli, swiss chard, green beans, spinach, cauliflower

Nuts and seeds - pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, peanuts and peanut butter

It can be rough going for the first week to 10 days but then things will get better.

Let us know how you are doing

Take care

#3 kanodm

kanodm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Thank you so very much for your reply Nancy.  I can't believe I haven't killed myself or someone else on the road this week because of road rage.  That is soooo not like me.  I have been driving very recklessly and fast because people are really upsetting me on the road.  I so appreciate your advise.  I have a high potency vitamin and my husband is picking me up the L-theanine now.  Thanks again.  You are an angel!  Your quick response has been so helpful and given some hope. 

#4 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

You are very welcome.

I know how tough it is to get off this med. Just remember the mood swings and irritablility is caused by the drug.

I know it is not convenient to drink lots of water while traveling but it makes such a difference in recovery time I would suggest you drink as much as possible.

Take care of you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users