• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robertaapplebottom

robertaapplebottom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

I was on Lexapro 20 mg for quite a long time and felt it was time for a change.  I was switched to Cymbalta 3 months ago.  It has NOT worked out and am starting to think very, very bad thoughts.  I called my Dr. Wednesday, Thursday, he was closed Friday, Sat., Sunday.  Called this morning.  His receptionist said he has my chart.  This is very unlike my doctor, but I am going to now switch it myself.  I cannot count on him anymore, which is a subject for another time.

Has anyone else switched from Cymbalta 60 mg to Lexapro 20 mg?  How did your doctor recommend you do it?

Thanks

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Similar. I was on 60 mg Cymbalta when my testosterone dropped to near nothing because of the Cymbalta. I used the bead method and got of the Cymbalta. I had constant fear and crying for three months and finally couldn't fight it any more. My dr. tried several medicines which did not work and finally put me on 10 mg of Lexapro. Within 24 hours felt fine!!! Most doctors will take you to 30 mg of Cymbalta for a week or two and then stop the Cymbalta and start the Lexapro.

I would suggest you do a search on this site for "Lexapro" and I am sure there will be a number of entries on people who have been switched over. It is commonly used to help with bad Cymbalta withdrawal.

By the way, welcome to the site and let us know how it is going.

#3 h2oinCA

h2oinCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

fishinghat - My doc switched me from Lexapro to Crapalta nearly four years ago. Now, I'm weaning myself off of that poison (Day 7 of minus 5 beads per day on 60mg/day dosage). Like you, my testosterone plummeted, not sure if it was before or after I started Crapalta, but it did drop substantially. Hopefully, I hope I won't need to go back to Lexapro.  I want to be poison-free in 2014. I'm glad you're doing well! Are you planning to get off of the Lexapro after you've stabilized for a period of time?

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

They had to put me on 4 mg lorazepam and 10 mg of lexapro to stabilize me. They said that as the cymbalta continues to leave my system I can reduce my meds. They left it up to me when to cut back. I have already reduced the lorazepam by 50% and the way I feel I will probably cut back some more around Labor Day. Once off the lorazepam then off the lezapro!!!

As heartfeathers and I have been discussing on another string these long term withdrawals do occur with this poison crap. Heartfeathers is 15 months post cymbalta and is still dealing with it. I am only 7 months and I have seen a few on here that have taken 6 to 12 months. BUT those are relatively rare. Most take about 2 to 4 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users