56 replies to this topic

#1 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hi everyone. I am a wife and mother who has been taking Cymbalta (30mg per day) for the last eight years. I was prescribed this medication by a trusted family doctor for mild depression and anxiety issues. Cymbalta seemed to work so well for me that until recently, it never occurred to me to stop taking it. What has changed? Two words... side effects. The problem is, I didn't know that I was having side effects to Cymbalta because no one bothered to tell me about them. I started developing these unpleasant side effects about three years ago. It started with the sleeplessness, then loss of concentration, forgetfulness, indifference, severe joint pain, irritability and before I knew it my whole personality had changed. I have always been a very loving and caring person but I just couldn't seem to care about anything anymore. I lost interest in all the things that used to be so important to me. Being in the presence of people other than my immediate family (meaning, my husband of 22 years and our 17 year old daughter) drained me both mentally and physically. So, I began to isolate myself. I would avoid all of my family, friends and co-workers to the point that it became embarrassing. I eventually quit my job. (I had been employed by a local bank for 6 years and absolutely loved my job.) I became severely depressed. It seemed like all I wanted to do was eat and sleep. Over a three year period, I gained 85 lbs. I even got to the point where I didn't want to bathe! I have always been meticulous about my appearance. My husband and daughter were beyond concerned at this point. Still, I refused to see my doctor. I guess when I finally realized that I was in serious trouble was the day when my beloved grandmother passed away. I couldn't even grieve! It was like I had no emotions. I just couldn't feel anything. I remember sitting at my grandmother's funeral wondering why I couldn't cry. I loved my granny. My heart should have been breaking. I felt so ashamed and guilty. I accepted in that moment that something was indeed wrong with me. Later, I discussed the matter with my husband. We both agreed that I would see the doctor as soon as possible. The following Monday, my husband went with me to my doctor's appointment. And, we were both disappointed. Her practice had grown and so had her ego. The patient, caring physician she used to be was gone. I tried to explain all that had been going on with me, and she dismissed it! She told me that I was probably just "hormonal and a little depressed." She actually told me to up the dosage on my Cymbalta to 60mg per day and take a nice relaxing vacation! Can you believe that? My husband was livid! I knew in that moment that we needed a second opinion. When we got home, my husband suggested that I look online for information about Cymbalta. After the way the doctor had treated me, he wanted to know exactly what kind of medicine that she had me on. I had never researched it before because I trusted my doctor completely. Those days were definitely over. But, I am so glad that I did! When I started reading all of the information on this medication, I felt such a sense of relief. I realized that I am not going crazy! It's the Cymbalta doing this to me. I went to see a different doctor the very next day. He was very kind. He told me I was having side effects to the drug and to stop taking the stuff immediately! He also said that I should never have been prescribed Cymbalta in the first place. Everyone has mild cases of depression and anxiety, but that doesn't mean you prescribe them powerful medications such as Cymbalta! Those should only be prescribed in severe cases. (So much for the family doctor whom I trusted for 15 years!) My new doctor told me all about the withdrawals and what to expect. He said the withdrawals are brutal but I can get through it. And, he also gave me a few tips to help with the withdrawal symptoms. I am now on day four. It's rough, but I'd rather suffer through the hell of withdrawals than take another dose of Cymbalta. That stuff should be outlawed! A tip for anyone else going cold turkey... add 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of honey to 1 cup of hot water. Drink twice a day. It will help flush the drug out of your system quicker. And also drink as much water as you can hold. Avoid caffeine and sugar as much as you can. We CAN do this! :)    

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

Jd, welcome to the site. Your story brings sorrow to my heart but I have heard it so many times on this site. I appreciate you dedication to get off this poison. I would caution you about going cold turkey as the withdrawals can be overwhelming. If you have the medicine for it I would suggest you consider 'bead counting". This is where tou open the capsule and take out a few more beads each day so that the withdrawal isw slow and steady. Either way, welcome. We are here even if you just me to vent or complain about how you few. Good luck and keep us posted.

#3 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Thank you, fishinghat. I appreciate this forum and the people in it more than you will ever know. I believe that a good support system is invaluable in a situation like this. Just knowing that there are others out there going thru the same thing I am helps me to feel sane again. I have a great family but they have no idea what this really feels like. My family wants to help me, but they can't. Today is day 5 and it has been terrible. I woke up with a new withdrawal symptom... Itching. Do you think it would hurt to take a Benadryl? I swear, I'm so afraid of medicine now that I don't want to take anything. And I'll never completely trust another doctor again. Is paranoia another symptom? lol  I know it might be easier to taper off Cymbalta, but honestly, I just don't want to have anything else to do with that stuff. I guess I'll just suffer through it. The worst thing for me is the dizziness and the stinging. Every few minutes I have what feels like a tiny bee sting somewhere on my body. It only lasts a couple of seconds, but it's so annoying! Have you experienced this?       

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

I haven't had the 'pleasure'of the itching. lol But i know many on the site have. There is something in the back of my mind that says 'no benadryl' because it may cause seratonin syndrome if there is still cymbalta in your system but I can't swear to that right now. I am sure that some of the people who had itching will let you know how they handled it. Sorry I can't help with that one.

#5 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off cymbalta...I hope to find a way to do it as easy as possible and be able to help other people afterwards.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hi

I can only tell you that I asked my doctor (psychiatrist) about taking some benadryl to help me sleep, and since he knows how I hate meds, he told me ... if you don't want to take junk, stay away from Benadryl, he calls it the dirty pill because it affects so many neurotransmitters in the brain,,,sorry but if you can stay away from it, I think it would be better, although I know some people used it while on Cymbalta withdrawal.  I got some itching from the remeron withdrawal, but it was bearable and only for about 2 weeks...good luck !

#6 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hi Jd, I too quit cold turkey. Days 1-5 were terrible! Days 5-10 did get a little better not much though, I was overwhelmed with brain zaps /: I didn't see where you have them and believe me that's a blessing! I did take Benadryl during week 3 for the itching and sleeplessness. I truly began to feel much better during week 3. I know that sounds like forever when you are on day 5 ): but remember the payoff is so worth it! I have been cymbalta free since April 18th 2013 and finally I can feel again, I laugh, I cry, I have spent more time with family & friends in the last 2 months than I I did in 2 years that I was on the devil drug cymbalta. Your story is so similar to mine, my brother passed away and I loved him dearly but I couldn't grieve his loss, the drug took any and all emotions away, I could care less if I got dressed, cleaned the house, or ever go out of the house! I have 2 daughters 15 & 19 and they are amazed how different I am now compared to 4 months ago! I actually cried the first time I heard myself laugh! Give yourself 8 weeks and you will be forever grateful that you stopped taking cymbalta! The road ahead is tough, you will wonder if you are doing the right thing, who you are, is it worth it, so many times I just wanted to give up and take a cymbalta just to not feel anything during those first 3 weeks but I am so glad I didn't! You can do it! Just keep in mind the bad times don't last forever. Best wishes to you (:

#7 mdick3

mdick3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hi all.

Just joined the forum.  I am on day 3 of this.  I feel like I have a strong will and mind to get through this but it is tough. I am experiencing dizziness and nausea all the time.  I am also experiencing moments when my body temperature spikes.   I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  I remind myself that there is only one way to look at things.  If you can't get out of it, get into it.  

I take solace in reading posts. 

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Welcome to the site mdick3. Best wishes to you and hang in there.

#9 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hi everyone! It has now been a whole WEEK since I went cold turkey and all I can say is thank GOD I am a stubborn, strong willed person. LOL The withdrawals are still pretty brutal, but they do seem to be lessening a tiny bit. This constant dizziness is the worst thing for me right now. I feel like I'm strung out on magic mushrooms or something! LOL (I saw a movie yesterday about two teenage boys on a campout. They discovered some "magic mushrooms" in the forest and ate them. Apparently the mushrooms caused them to "trip out." While my husband and daughter were cracking up at the boys' antics, I was thinking... that's exactly how I feel! LOL) The stinging is a little better. Instead of feeling it every few minutes, it's lessened to only a few times an hour. Has anyone else experienced this? I have a funny story to share with you guys about the stinging... I woke up at 3:00 am a couple of mornings ago with a sting on the tip of my big toe. I have been having nightmares about spiders, so naturally I thought that one had bitten me! I jumped out of bed like a madwoman and started yanking off all of the covers. This frightened my dog ( a 12 year old miniature dachshund named Wennie.) who then proceeded to bark uncontrollably. The barking woke my daughter, who then comes running down the hall brandishing a bat. (Luckily my husband works nights so he got to miss all the action.) I then began vomiting my head off due to the swift movement. It was a mess! But, I haven't laughed that much in over three years. In spite of the nightmares and vomiting, it felt good. Has anyone else had nightmares since stopping Cymbalta? The itching however is another story. But I did take your advice sk8mom, I haven't taken any Benadryl. The only thing I'm taking right now is my blood pressure medicine. (I wouldn't even take that if I wasn't afraid I'd have a stroke! LOL)  I am still nauseous, but figured out if I eat several very small meals throughout the day instead of 3 regular ones, it really helps. Crazychic I am very lucky not to have the brain zaps. From everyone's posts, those things sound terrible!  I don't know if it is possible or not, but I think my mental wellbeing is already starting to improve. I have been a little irritable but all in all, I think I'm doing pretty well, considering. Mdick3, welcome to the forum! I too find solace here. Everyone understands exactly what your going thru and no one would ever think to judge you. There is also a wealth of information to help you thru this. I appreciate everyone! :)  

#10 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hi everyone! Today is day 12 of this wonderful journey. The last few days have been rough but I'm hanging in there. The mood swings have been terrible. One moment I am laughing and the next moment I'm crying. I haven't been able to feel anything for three years and now the emotions just seem to come out of nowhere. Last night my daughter and I were watching a documentary on the Siberian tiger and when the host mentioned that they are an endangered species, I just burst into tears! Seriously? I can't help feeling guilty and ashamed. I couldn't cry during my sweet little grandmother's funeral, but I can't stop crying over a tiger? I don't even like tigers that much! But I LOVED my grandmother with all my heart. Is this even normal? Has anyone else experienced this overwhelming sense of guilt? My mother thinks that the Cymbalta was blocking my emotions so I wasn't able to feel grief in the way that I should have at the time. And she thinks that the guilt I'm feeling now, is a type of delayed grief. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas about this? It really does bother me. It is raining today in southeastern Kentucky, and my joints seem to be screaming in protest! (Thank you, Arthur. LOL) I do have some great news to share, though. Those "stinging" sensations that I've been experiencing are nearly gone. I also haven't dreamed of spiders in two nights! That's also very good news. (Or at least my family thinks so! LOL) I'm still having problems with dizziness, however. It seems to be getting better, but it's still there. Will the wonders of Cymbalta never cease?  <_<

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Sounds like typical effects of cymbalta to me. Evil drug. Hang in there. You got a ways to go but it will get better.

#12 Ape

Ape

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hi Jd, I too quit cold turkey. Days 1-5 were terrible! Days 5-10 did get a little better not much though, I was overwhelmed with brain zaps /: I didn't see where you have them and believe me that's a blessing! I did take Benadryl during week 3 for the itching and sleeplessness. I truly began to feel much better during week 3. I know that sounds like forever when you are on day 5 ): but remember the payoff is so worth it! I have been cymbalta free since April 18th 2013 and finally I can feel again, I laugh, I cry, I have spent more time with family & friends in the last 2 months than I I did in 2 years that I was on the devil drug cymbalta. Your story is so similar to mine, my brother passed away and I loved him dearly but I couldn't grieve his loss, the drug took any and all emotions away, I could care less if I got dressed, cleaned the house, or ever go out of the house! I have 2 daughters 15 & 19 and they are amazed how different I am now compared to 4 months ago! I actually cried the first time I heard myself laugh! Give yourself 8 weeks and you will be forever grateful that you stopped taking cymbalta! The road ahead is tough, you will wonder if you are doing the right thing, who you are, is it worth it, so many times I just wanted to give up and take a cymbalta just to not feel anything during those first 3 weeks but I am so glad I didn't! You can do it! Just keep in mind the bad times don't last forever. Best wishes to you (:

Crazy chic I too don t feel like cleaning or getting out or getting dress I feel like stay in bad all the time I don t cry though. I have been on Ativan at night and cymbolta during the day

#13 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hi Ape, I didn't cry while on cymbalta either, I didn't feel anything ): are you still taking cymbalta? I was like a baby I would sleep a couple of hours and get up but I would feel exhausted within a few hours then go back to bed. It was terrible! When I did get out of the house I couldn't wait to get back and I would immediately go to bed.

#14 Ape

Ape

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Yes I am still on cymbalta! I will wake up every two hours now the doctor added Ativan for sleep. I want to get off cymbalta first and than slowly out Ativan. I started counting some beads out took out 20 hope to reach 30 by the end of next month if I do good the doctor will reduce to 40 and I should be fine I hope. I need to buy the vitamins and all the supplements. I have very vivid dreams my goal is to get off before my 40 birthday and I hope to celebrate at home this time instead of being on the psychiatric unit in the hospital. Thank god for each day I am home and I don t have suicidal thoughts I hope I had a spiritual community something that give me hope to live. Today I went for a job interview I will make more money if I will ask for disability but I need to give me a motivation to get up! I wish this helps even though 8 dollars per hours is no a great deal. I will keep posting on how I feel. I don t have problem so far beside a pain in my shoulder I hope it doesn t come from the cymbolta. Ok I am going to bed hope I can sleep I need to get up at six tomorrow

#15 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hang in there Ape. I know this is hard, but you WILL get through it! We are all survivors here. Today is my 17th day of being Cymbalta free. Some of the withdrawals seem to be getting better but at the same time I am constantly having to deal with new symptoms. The latest being that I can't sleep. I guess I should try taking something for it, but I'm afraid to. I certainly hope this symptom passes soon. LOL I am still experiencing the dizziness. It's not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning but it's still there. Joy. For the record... I really hate Cymbalta. :angry:

#16 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Update... Today is my 24th day of being Cymbalta free! I am actually starting to feel quite a bit better. The withdrawal symptoms seem to be lessening a little more every day. Thank GOD. I still have a little dizziness/vertigo, but nothing like it was in the beginning. The stinging and itching have finally subsided. Again, thank GOD. I'm still not sleeping very well, but I'm hoping that the insomnia will soon pass. I am still experiencing the mood swings occasionally. That's not a pleasant experience. But, overall I think that I'm doing pretty well.          

#17 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off cymbalta...I hope to find a way to do it as easy as possible and be able to help other people afterwards.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Good for you !!! stay positive :)

#18 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Today is my 34th day of being Cymbalta free. I actually feel pretty good considering the ordeal that I've been through. Nearly all of my withdrawal symptoms are gone. My moods seem to have stabilized and the only thing that I'm still having problems with is the dizziness/vertigo. It is very mild but it still seems to just keep hanging on. Other than that, I feel better than I have in a long, long time. I have started getting out more and have sort of been reintroducing myself to society. I am finding that I actually want to see and talk to people again. My mother came for a visit today and said that she could see a huge difference in me. She thought I seemed more like my old self. That made me feel wonderful! I don't want to be overly confident, but I am thinking that there might be a light at the end of this tunnel after all. I hope that everyone is doing well. I think about you guys everyday. :hug:      

#19 pinkiejones

pinkiejones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hello everyone!

I am new here but not new to antidepressants and the awful things they do to us when we decide to stop taking them.

I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder about 16 years ago; I have had three suicide attempts. I have been on Cymbalta for the past 2 years, taking 60mg once daily.

Recently, the side effects have bothered so much that I have decided to go off Cymbalta. I cannot take the weight gain, the constant sweating and the insomnia any longer. The side effects by far outweigh the benefits, in a negative way.

I am on day 2 of going cold turkey. And yes, I know I should slowly try to decrease the dosage, but to be honest, I feel like most of you, Cymbalta is evil and I need to get it out of my system as soon as possible.

So far I have done what seems to be the WRONG thing... taking Cymbalta every other day... I have done this for a WHILE, and after reading your posts I now know that I am not crazy... I too have experienced spiking body temps. People around me wear jackets in New York by now, I am still in a Tshirt because I am literally melting if I put on more... sweating in the face, above my upper lip and UNDER MY EYES is the worst, and I have NEVER ever experienced anything like it. I too feel dizzy and avoid moving my head in a swift motion, otherwise I will put. I am nauseous, I don't sleep, my legs are super restless. And I don't laugh, have not in quite some time. I am ashamed to admit it but I have not had the urge and/or energy to clean my house in FOUR WEEKS!!!!!! Sometimes it takes me a loooooooooong time to have the urge to take a shower. I don't care about my appearance any longer. I am isolated, I live by myself and barely make it to work some days. I have had many many many sick days this year!!!!!! I feel like I am standing next to myself watching me crawl through life, without any joy, just sudden onsets of tears....

The brain zaps are the worst! At first I did not know what was happening, I thought I had a brain tumor...

I read something about 8 weeks until you feel better again? That is a horribly looooooooooong time!!!!!!! But knowing now that it will get better, I guess I will stick it out. I do not want to put any of it into my system any longer!

I am happy to have a place of "knowledge and wisdom" to come to.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this!

Greetings from NYC!

Sandy

#20 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Welcome pinkiejones. Good luck with your fight with cymbalta. Let us know if we can help.

#21 pinkiejones

pinkiejones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Thank you :)

#22 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Welcome pinkiejones! I wish you the very best of luck on your journey. Going cold turkey is hard, but it CAN be done. Don't get discouraged, I know it doesn't feel like it right now but it will get better.

#23 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hi everyone! I haven't updated in a while and just wanted to touch base with everybody. I have now been Cymbalta free since September 6, 2013. I feel great and no longer suffer from the hated withdrawal symptoms. It has been an extremely hard journey, but one I'm glad that I took. I am slowly learning how to enjoy life again. After years of isolating myself, it has been a little difficult reintroducing myself to society. I have learned to take everything one baby step at a time. I am very excited, but also a little bit afraid. Until a couple of months ago, I had no idea how cut off from society I had become. My family has been so supportive through this whole ordeal. I honestly don't know if I could have done this without them! I still have a ways to go yet. But for the first time in a very long while, I am brimming with hope! I wish the very best for everyone else trying to beat this devil drug. :hug:      

#24 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Jdhibbard- Congratulations, you've earned it!!

#25 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

Way to go jbhibbard!!! God bless.

#26 Ape

Ape

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Jdhibbard congratulation. You went cold turkey did u suffer from hallucination or had brain zaps or suicidal thoughts? Could you work during the withdrawl ? How can i overcome sadness?

#27 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hello again Ape.

At first I resisted the sadness and fought to keep it away. But that had the effect of building up pressure; it made me tense, gave me anxiety and a headache- the kind of headache you get from holding back tears. It occurred to me that of course the sadness is real because it's here right now, inside my head.

I was weary of fighting, and I opened to the sadness and accepted it. I didn't judge it- I just let it go. And it shook my being to the core. It flowed over me and through me, and I was without control, pulled apart and adrift. After many minutes it drifted through and passed out, and I was exhausted and empty, on the floor. I was drained, but somehow lighter and my headache was gone. It was a brief and uneasy truce in this one-man war, a moment of grace.

If the sadness is already here, accept it: more than that, welcome it. Make it some tea.

#28 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

JdHibbard, I am new & encouraged by reading about your journey . I thought about giving in & taking some Cymbalta today after being drug free for 4 days but read your story & stayed strong . Dizziness , body zaps , hot sweats , vivid dreams , sleeplessness & guilt are all my enemies @ the moment .. Every time I blink I am zapped !.. I so desperately want to be the old me again ...

#29 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Wagtail, welcome. You hang in there. It will get better. Hang on.

#30 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hi everyone! I haven't updated in a while and just wanted to touch base with everybody. I have now been Cymbalta free since September 6, 2013. I feel great and no longer suffer from the hated withdrawal symptoms. It has been an extremely hard journey, but one I'm glad that I took. I am slowly learning how to enjoy life again. After years of isolating myself, it has been a little difficult reintroducing myself to society. I have learned to take everything one baby step at a time. I am very excited, but also a little bit afraid. Until a couple of months ago, I had no idea how cut off from society I had become. My family has been so supportive through this whole ordeal. I honestly don't know if I could have done this without them! I still have a ways to go yet. But for the first time in a very long while, I am brimming with hope! I wish the very best for everyone else trying to beat this devil drug. :hug:      

jdhibbard: Your post gives me hope. Thank U for your post. It was just what I needed this day of my 2 week weaning off this evil drug! Support & prayers for you!  :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users