• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sharijd3

sharijd3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

I have been off of this evil drug for about 5 weeks.  I weaned off by doing the bead counting method.  I went down 20% every two weeks for about 10 weeks or so.  By the third day off it completely I felt horrible.  I hated the world, the ringing in my ears and brain zaps kept me up at night.  I could cry for no reason, and driving in Miami practically made me a homicidal road rage maniac!  It has now been almost 6 weeks without it and I am still having bursts of anger, the nausea has let up, still have the ringing in my ears, although not as "loud".  I get teary very easily, and have the patience of well, scratch that, I have NO patience.  My new doctor who showed me how to do the bead counting reduction, wasn't sure how long these after effects would last, she said everyone is different.  She told me to think about trying Savella, but I am wondering if the coming off of that drug would be even worse or not as bad? (Forgot to add that I used AntiVert for the dizziness, nausea, seasick feelings, which helped alot)

I have Fibromyalgia and severe cervical issues that cause me a great deal of pain.  Right now, I occasionally take Celebrex, which doesn't really help, so I really don't bother with it too much anymore.  I'm allergic to Vicodin type meds, and OTC naproxin makes me throw up, and OTC motrin doesn't work unless I take 800 mg.  I've started using "natural" anti-inflammatory meds that help with the arthritis, but don't help with the other FMS symptoms.

I suspect I would feel a lot better with the Savella, but am afraid of getting back into this circle of withdrawal.  I was on 60mg of Cymbalta for almost 6 years...  So wondering if I should get used to this life, give it more time to see if the Cymbalta withdrawal effects go away, or should I consider starting Savella. (My doc gave me the starter pack for it in case I wanted it)... 

#2 sharijd3

sharijd3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

I guess my first wish is to stop being such a angry bitch one minute and a crybaby the next... :unsure:

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

sharijd3

I know some of what you are going through, as I've been off Cymbalta for 13 months. it's a hairy ride! It does get better and better. But if you are living with pain, try to alleviate that somehow before you really assess your withdrawal, because pain (as you know) affects everything! Perhaps some of your anger is pain-related. The crying (for me anyway) is okay- it's a symptom of the return of the 'human'. I find these melancholy descents to be helpful in finding a back door out of the funk, so I accept the tears and the melancholy to full depth as a vehicle out .

I posted something earlier today, and last March I posted my log from Cymbalta withdrawal. 

tm

#4 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

sharijd3

I know some of what you are going through, as I've been off Cymbalta for 13 months. it's a hairy ride! It does get better and better. But if you are living with pain, try to alleviate that somehow before you really assess your withdrawal, because pain (as you know) affects everything! Perhaps some of your anger is pain-related. The crying (for me anyway) is okay- it's a symptom of the return of the 'human'. I find these melancholy descents to be helpful in finding a back door out of the funk, so I accept the tears and the melancholy to full depth as a vehicle out .

I posted something earlier today, and last March I posted my log from Cymbalta withdrawal. 

tm

TM where might I find UR log please? Thanks so much for UR above post. It has helped me 2 know that there "is" hope! God bless...equuswoman

#5 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

equuswoman

I think if you click on my profile, a list of my postings will appear. The log is the first posting I made (in March of 2013).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users