Photo

Nov 7Th Thursday I Began The "bead Count".....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 rasrob

rasrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

I found you after your comment on my page. The people here really helped  me through my weaning. It will work. I found that days with weirdness were better than days on Cymbalta, because that day would pass and I was a day closer to being off.  Keep following their advice. I weaned off in August and am doing better now with the withdrawal symptoms.

I also went through mindfulness training and that made a huge difference. You can do this, just go slow and stay on the same bead count for a while if you need to do so. That helped me a lot.

I am taking magnesium for pain and helps with sleep also.

Hang it there!

#32 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

#33 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

There is no rush. You are withdrawing from the medication, but you are also building a foundation for the future: set one brick at a time gently into place. 

#34 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

Wow, fishinghat and thismoment, you 2 just keep giving such great info and insight. The relentless conversations going on in my head, trying to focus on one thing at a time is yukky to put it mildly! Thank God, I have never had a still don't have the prob' of sleeplessness. A huge positive to be grateful for! I am working on find even the least of things to be grateful for, and it helps in not focusing on the negatives!! Make sense? Sometimes I wonder if any of my ramblings make sense, Oops, negative thought, go away!! Humor and trying to laugh at myself too! Sorry, just trying to stay upbeat on this cold rainy day in the south! God bless all!!! :)  :unsure:  ;)  :P  :hug:

#35 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Rasrob congratulations! That is good news. It sounds like you've come through and are flourishing. It will continue to get better and better.

#36 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Clara- you are a positive force, and it sounds like you are doing well. Indeed, there are many things to be grateful for, but just to entertain that thought, one has to be on a rising threshold that will allow the thought to unfold. You are there, and that's wonderful!

About the flow of negative thoughts- just watch them come and go. Don't engage them and follow down their storyline, and don't try to chase them away- you can't. Welcome the thoughts, make them a cup of tea. Treat the negative thoughts like that certain relative we all know: they're harmless enough and we can have tea with them, but we don't believe a single word they say.

Best wishes!!

#37 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

Thanks, this moment! It's a new day... cold, rainy, windy here, but this old girl is going to "git 'er done" today! Slowly, but surely! The tea thing, thismoment... I am actually learning to drink hot tea. Sleepy Time is soothing. I am a Carolina girl, Iced SWEET tea for me, but this hot tea is  helping this old southern gal! Last night was a little tough. Started back reading Melissa by Frank Page. With his wit, his knowledge of the Bible and his openness in sharing his struggles,  etc. well, went to sleep with a soothed soul, thanks be to God and His sweet words! Prob' not making sense again... jist want to share and be of comfort to ya'll! Hugs to all!  clara :D

#38 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

#39 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

Thanks, this moment! It's a new day... cold, rainy, windy here, but this old girl is going to "git 'er done" today! Slowly, but surely! The tea thing, thismoment... I am actually learning to drink hot tea. Sleepy Time is soothing. I am a Carolina girl, Iced SWEET tea for me, but this hot tea is  helping this old southern gal! Last night was a little tough. Started back reading Melissa by Frank Page. With his wit, his knowledge of the Bible and his openness in sharing his struggles,  etc. well, went to sleep with a soothed soul, thanks be to God and His sweet words! Prob' not making sense again... jist want to share and be of comfort to ya'll! Hugs to all!  clara :D

That my dear made perfect sense to me! Hope U got some much needed rest!  :hug:

#40 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

12 30am, can't sleep, so i'm gonna go make myself a cup of tea lol

I like hot tea. My BGFF from nursing school, her "mum" is from England. We drank it quite a lot in nursing school and I continue to do so esp in the cold winter time! :)

#41 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

#42 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

i'm having another cup now, seem to be WIDE awake tonight...

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I am about to have my 2nd cup of coffee. I am fortunate in that I am having no difficult (at this time) sleeping.  :hug: for U sweet nattsie from TheEquuswoman

#43 Akk

Akk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

You drink as much as you need, just listen to the temple of your soul.

When I started getting my painful backaches back during my tapering of this drug, I read somewhere to let it in, don't fight it.  Just let it run its course and feel it.  So I did.  I did the same with the other things that happen, and try to find someway to get around them.  Be it a cup of tea, a ride with horses, a swim in a pool, we know what we need and we know how to get beyond a point where we are. We may have to go back and put more beads in, or we may decide that we can handle the unpleasantness and move forward.  Whatever it is, we know ourselves.  We can, and will, do this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users